MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W212) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212-109/)
-   -   Premium package or not? (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212/736244-premium-package-not.html)

TeeEl 02-18-2019 01:47 PM

Premium package or not?

So, I was looking over my VIN data card and nothing on there shows I have a Premium package, however my car seems to have all of the stuff that goes along with them.

2013 Mercedes Benz E class Premium 1 Package (P01 Package):
  • COMAND with hard-drive-based navigation, 3D maps, 10GB Music Register and MB Apps compatibility
  • harman/kardon LOGIC7 surround-sound system with Dolby Digital 5.1
  • Gracenote media databaseand iPod / MP3 media interface
  • SiriusXM Radio, SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Weather (with 6 mo service)
  • Enhanced Voice Control for audio, phone and navigation
  • Rearview camera
  • Active multicontour driver seat (E63 only)
  • Heated and Active Ventilated front seats (heated seats standard on E550; package adds Active Ventilated front seats)
  • Heated front seats (E350 and E400 only)
  • Power rear window sunshade

2013 Mercedes Benz E class Premium 2 Package (P02 Package):
  • Bi-Xenon headlamps with Active Curve Illumination, Adaptive Highbeam Assist, headlamp washing system and corner-illuminating front lamps
  • KEYLESS-GO
  • Electronic-trunk closer

So the only thing that I don't seem to have are the "headlamp washing system". There are a few things I'm uncertain about, only because I haven't looked. So what gives? I should see "P01" and/or "P02" on the VIN decoder, no?

pb39374 02-18-2019 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by TeeEl (Post 7684502)
So, I was looking over my VIN data card and nothing on there shows I have a Premium package, however my car seems to have all of the stuff that goes along with them.

2013 Mercedes Benz E class Premium 1 Package (P01 Package):
  • COMAND with hard-drive-based navigation, 3D maps, 10GB Music Register and MB Apps compatibility
  • harman/kardon LOGIC7 surround-sound system with Dolby Digital 5.1
  • Gracenote media databaseand iPod / MP3 media interface
  • SiriusXM Radio, SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Weather (with 6 mo service)
  • Enhanced Voice Control for audio, phone and navigation
  • Rearview camera
  • Active multicontour driver seat (E63 only)
  • Heated and Active Ventilated front seats (heated seats standard on E550; package adds Active Ventilated front seats)
  • Heated front seats (E350 and E400 only)
  • Power rear window sunshade

2013 Mercedes Benz E class Premium 2 Package (P02 Package):
  • Bi-Xenon headlamps with Active Curve Illumination, Adaptive Highbeam Assist, headlamp washing system and corner-illuminating front lamps
  • KEYLESS-GO
  • Electronic-trunk closer

So the only thing that I don't seem to have are the "headlamp washing system". There are a few things I'm uncertain about, only because I haven't looked. So what gives? I should see "P01" and/or "P02" on the VIN decoder, no?

i looked at my data card and I don’t see anything referencing which package I have either. It lists everything individually. Chances are you have the P1 package. Do you have the 350 or 550? Also, do you have the electronic trunk closer (you would see the two red buttons on the trunk lid) and keyless go?

KEY08 02-18-2019 03:16 PM

If you have the B-Xenons, then you have the washer system. 2013 was the last year.

2013 E Class Brochure

TeeEl 02-18-2019 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by pb39374 (Post 7684545)
i looked at my data card and I don’t see anything referencing which package I have either. It lists everything individually. Chances are you have the P1 package. Do you have the 350 or 550? Also, do you have the electronic trunk closer (you would see the two red buttons on the trunk lid) and keyless go?

E550. Yes to the trunk closer and the keyless go. So I guess I have both? I just expected to see "P02" there or something. No worries then.

TeeEl 02-18-2019 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by KEY08 (Post 7684586)
If you have the B-Xenons, then you have the washer system. 2013 was the last year.

2013 E Class Brochure

Interesting. Thanks! I guess it's just hiding? My VIN decoder does say I have the Bi-Xenon
615 BI-XENON HEADLICHT W.ACTVIE CURVELIGHT RIGHT-DRIVE
(Though, oddly, it actually shows "HEADLICHT". :smash: )

KEY08 02-18-2019 03:57 PM

The washer doors are built into the bumper just below the headlicht. They work automatically behind the scene.

TeeEl 02-18-2019 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by KEY08 (Post 7684629)
The washer doors are built into the bumper just below the headlicht. They work automatically behind the scene.

Ah! Very fancy pants. This car is just too smart for me.

KEY08 02-18-2019 04:18 PM

The MB washers are (were) like no other. The Alien proboscis comes shooting out and sprays washer fluid in every direction possible. They should have called them "Headlicht and bumper/hood washer.

pb39374 02-18-2019 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by TeeEl (Post 7684612)
E550. Yes to the trunk closer and the keyless go. So I guess I have both? I just expected to see "P02" there or something. No worries then.

yep you have both.

TeeEl 02-18-2019 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by KEY08 (Post 7684656)
The MB washers are (were) like no other. The Alien proboscis comes shooting out and sprays washer fluid in every direction possible. They should have called them "Headlicht and bumper/hood washer.

HAHAHAHAHA. I almost spat my diet Coke everywhere. Even caught the "headlicht". Good game sir. Good game.

DubVBenz 02-18-2019 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by KEY08 (Post 7684656)

They're super cool but unless your car is very clean it makes it look like it's been crying. I have a W211 with them and they only come on at the push of a button, having them automatically come on every X number of window washes (like the later W211 and W212) is a bad idea IMO. I only use them occasionally to surprise passengers.

fganter 02-18-2019 08:10 PM

I was able to get my local Mercedes dealer to print out the specs for my VIN. This included the package names.

cetialpha5 02-18-2019 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by DubVBenz (Post 7684787)
They're super cool but unless your car is very clean it makes it look like it's been crying. I have a W211 with them and they only come on at the push of a button, having them automatically come on every X number of window washes (like the later W211 and W212) is a bad idea IMO. I only use them occasionally to surprise passengers.

I believe sometime in 2007 they got rid of the button for the headlamp washers for the W211. With the headlights on, you have to squirt the windshield washer fluid 5 times before the headlamp washers activate. On the W212 they upgraded it to 10 times before they kick in. Only actually seen them kick in once when I stood outside to watch it. Sometimes I notice it spraying the hood when using the windshield washer fluid. Doesn't really bother me because when you need it, the whole hood is typically covered in snow. As mentioned, they're super cool and part of the reason I bought a Mercedes....

JSch 02-19-2019 12:48 PM

Based on this wonderful thread, I checked my VIN and compare to the 2012 brochure, and it seems I have the P1 and P2 plus a few other options..

However, I also have the "headlicht" washers, but I cannot remember that I have ever seen them working. I know on my W126, the washer/wipers on the headlights works when you use the washer for the windshield and the headlights are on, but those you definitely notice!

cetialpha5 02-19-2019 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by JSch (Post 7685455)
Based on this wonderful thread, I checked my VIN and compare to the 2012 brochure, and it seems I have the P1 and P2 plus a few other options..

However, I also have the "headlicht" washers, but I cannot remember that I have ever seen them working. I know on my W126, the washer/wipers on the headlights works when you use the washer for the windshield and the headlights are on, but those you definitely notice!

I believe there's a youtube video for the W211 with the headlamp washers on, but I don't remember finding one for the W212 a while ago. I suppose you could make one and put it online.

JSch 02-19-2019 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by cetialpha5 (Post 7685462)
I believe there's a youtube video for the W211 with the headlamp washers on, but I don't remember finding one for the W212 a while ago. I suppose you could make one and put it online.

Based on that video, you will know when it happens!

KEY08 02-19-2019 02:07 PM

W212 was an improvement over the W211 design. All I can say is I'm glad they are history and thank G for LEDs.

cetialpha5 02-19-2019 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by KEY08 (Post 7685546)
W212 was an improvement over the W211 design. All I can say is I'm glad they are history and thank G for LEDs.

I believe the Bixenons are actually brighter than the LEDs and they got rid of the headlamp washers with the LEDs.

thefisch 02-19-2019 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by JSch (Post 7685509)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYwTzuNBdck

Based on that video, you will know when it happens!

5 years and I think that's the first time I've seen them in action.