E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

anyone given up on keyless go?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 02:27 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2014 Mercedes Benz E350 Sport 4matic
Originally Posted by jonUF02
Yeah, I gave up when I bought the car that didn't have it! Actually keyless systems make your care extremely easy to steal. Thieves get a box on the black market that will capture the signal from your fob while it's inside your house, and use that code to activate and drive the car away from your driveway. Are we really so lazy now we can't just carry the keys in our hands? I keep them in my pocket all day every day, any time I'm not at home.
If you keep the key on a key hanger on the outer wall of your house, then this is a remote possibility. The reality is people are not out there doing this all the time. Usually they are just looking for morons who leave their doors unlocked.

Originally Posted by TeeEl
Ugh. Those things are the worst. "Have you seen my dog?" "Who is this person?" "I lost my dog." "What's that noise?" "Anyone find a dog?" "What's the weird light in the sky in the middle of the day?" "Reward for dog."

But maybe I'm the only one who lives around really ****ty pet owners.
Mine is filled with "who is this guy taking pictures of my house?" did you get an Amazon package today, moron?
Old 02-27-2019, 02:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 121 Likes on 95 Posts
2015 GL550 4matic
LOL, App definitely heavily focused on morons who don't put collars or chips on their animals that constantly run away and people scared of their own shadow on the sidewalk, but some useful info here and there.
Old 02-27-2019, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E450
Just bought a '19 E450 coupe for my wife yesterday. She just called me from the nail salon and asked..."my car automatically locks when I walk away like your Corvette does, right?" LOL
Old 02-27-2019, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,718 Likes on 1,102 Posts
2016 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by tanker177
Just bought a '19 E450 coupe for my wife yesterday. She just called me from the nail salon and asked..."my car automatically locks when I walk away like your Corvette does, right?" LOL
Tell her that if the car locked itself, she wouldn't need to go to the NAIL salon as often.
The following users liked this post:
tanker177 (02-27-2019)
Old 05-25-2019, 08:52 AM

cls 550
KEY NOT DETECTED IN RED

I was driving my 2012 CLS 550 on the highway when a message displayed in red "key not detected" a few times. I almost panicked because I was on the highway and didn't want the car to shut off. Luckily it didn't so when I got home, I tested the remote functions on the car to make sure the battery was fine. The doors locked and unlocked remotely. The trunk opened remotely as well. I turned the car back on remotely and it worked also Anyone have any idea what the issue can be? I looked online and saw a post about changing the number 8 fuse in the trunk which I didn't have so that couldn't be it. Any suggestions before I take it to mechanic and pay out of pocket just for advice?
Old 05-25-2019, 09:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,615 Likes on 1,186 Posts
2014 E550-sold 😩
Where was your key? In your pocket with your iPhone?
my iPhone likes to play games with my Smart key. I wouldn’t do anything until it happens multiple times.
Old 05-25-2019, 09:42 AM

cls 550
Originally Posted by KEY08
Where was your key? In your pocket with your iPhone?
my iPhone likes to play games with my Smart key. I wouldn’t do anything until it happens multiple times.
It was in my pocket and my galaxy S8 plus phone was in the cup holder
Old 05-25-2019, 11:34 AM

Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts
2019 E300 4matic
Originally Posted by eltyshaun
I was driving my 2012 CLS 550 on the highway when a message displayed in red "key not detected" a few times. I almost panicked because I was on the highway and didn't want the car to shut off. Luckily it didn't so when I got home, I tested the remote functions on the car to make sure the battery was fine. The doors locked and unlocked remotely. The trunk opened remotely as well. I turned the car back on remotely and it worked also Anyone have any idea what the issue can be? I looked online and saw a post about changing the number 8 fuse in the trunk which I didn't have so that couldn't be it. Any suggestions before I take it to mechanic and pay out of pocket just for advice?
Some of the 2012 Mercedes have issues with with the EIS (electronic ignition switch) that caused issues like yours. I had the “key not recognized” but the car started and ran so I ignored it. The next thing that happened though was the car started slamming itself into park anytime I was coming to a stop. There was a TSB regarding this matter. Sadly it’s a dealer only part that has to be coded with the car with the dealer proprietary software. Price for me was $900

Last edited by DeutscheBenz726; 05-25-2019 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-25-2019, 12:22 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
2015 E400
Originally Posted by tanker177
I have the exact same issue. My Vette auto locks when I walk 15 feet away from the vehicle. However, this "Keyless Go" feature on the E is misleading because it won't do that, since you must either touch the door handle after closing door to lock, or manually click on the key to lock, & not just "Go & it will auto lock"...
Old 05-26-2019, 12:11 AM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts
2015 E400
Originally Posted by NickTH
I have the exact same issue. My Vette auto locks when I walk 15 feet away from the vehicle. However, this "Keyless Go" feature on the E is misleading because it won't do that, since you must either touch the door handle after closing door to lock, or manually click on the key to lock, & not just "Go & it will auto lock"...
It's a GM thing. It is the one feature I wish the MB Keyless-go would do. The GM systems also allow you to get an audible and visual cue for locking. Then again, putting your finger on the handle to engage lock isn't really such a terrible thing...