MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W212) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212-109/)
-   -   Drivetrain vibration engine sounds louder (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212/737599-drivetrain-vibration-engine-sounds-louder.html)

E63BiTurbo 03-04-2019 11:47 AM

Drivetrain vibration engine sounds louder

Hi I own a 2013 mercedes E350 3.5 v6, recently we had snow days took the car out for drive and little bit of fun in snow. After i noticed the car started to vibrate when accelerating, I tought it was the wheels out of balace I got it rebalaced, vibration is still there. Anyone have any idea what can cause the vibration, can a bad diff cause vibration thenwhole car or tranny possible bad u-join or flex-dis on drivshaft. Also the car engine sound very loud compared to before gets louder as you accelerate also the dip stick keep popping out when accelerating harder then normal has something to do with high presure in crank case ?

kbob999 03-04-2019 12:36 PM

How many miles on the car? Where are you located?
Both answers will better allow us to help you. Place this info in the user pane and we can see them on the posts.

Could be the motor and trans mounts have packed up and quit. This is commonly felt during stops at idle or accelerating. I would start here.
If this vibration happens during constant speed driving, then I would look at the flex disks.
Bent wheels can cause vibration issues at speed, but you checked that.
Any misfire will likely show as a check engine light, and there is no mention of that.

Let us know the cure.

E63BiTurbo 03-04-2019 12:50 PM

The car has around 67k miles located in seattle WA, the wheels are bent for sure i checked but did do rebalance and it was okay, at iddle it doesn’t seem to be vibrating other then loud engine noise, as i accelerating it starts to vibrate the whole car and feels like its coming from driveshaft or diff. Can a diff cause vibration? It is an open diff so its very hard to brake these diffs

Originally Posted by kbob999 (Post 7696881)
How many miles on the car? Where are you located?
Both answers will better allow us to help you. Place this info in the user pane and we can see them on the posts.

Could be the motor and trans mounts have packed up and quit. This is commonly felt during stops at idle or accelerating. I would start here.
If this vibration happens during constant speed driving, then I would look at the flex disks.
Bent wheels can cause vibration issues at speed, but you checked that.
Any misfire will likely show as a check engine light, and there is no mention of that.

Let us know the cure.

belarus27 03-04-2019 01:10 PM

If wheels are bent a regular wheel balance wont help much , you need to get your wheels straightened first , then balance(even thos balance should be included in wheel repair package).

kbob999 03-04-2019 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by belarus27 (Post 7696915)
If wheels are bent a regular wheel balance wont help much, you need to get your wheels straightened first, then balance (even the balance should be included in wheel repair package).

Agree 100%.
On a Subaru Baja I chased what I thought was a driveline, wheel bearing, halfshaft issue, and it was a bent wheel all along.
Fix the bent wheels first.

belarus27 03-04-2019 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by kbob999 (Post 7696974)
Agree 100%.
On a Subaru Baja I chased what I thought was a driveline, wheel bearing, halfshaft issue, and it was a bent wheel all along.
Fix the bent wheels first.

Lol i just got new tires and the car feel a little shimmy around 77mph, so my plan is to do the Road force balance first to see if that helps..
And
Then repair my wheels.... or maybe i should actually start with that. Still thinking.
Good luck.
And please post back after you fix the problem