E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Temperature controls not working, stuck on eco mode, seat heater not working...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 01:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e350 4 matic
Temperature controls not working, stuck on eco mode, seat heater not working...

Temperature controls not working inside the cabin, stuck on eco mode, seat heater not working, as well as the radiator fan going on at full speed constantly. I just recently installed an android head unit, but even after going back to stock comand, I couldn't resolve the problem. Any ideas?

Best regards,

Last edited by tsokhey; 03-19-2019 at 01:29 PM.
Old 03-19-2019, 06:58 PM
Mud
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 340 Likes on 242 Posts
2011 E-350 4Matic Sport
Eco mode is a default if the ac system is low on refrigerant, or the line pressure sensor is bad, but you've got the seat and fan issues too. Are you able to scan the vehicle modules? You'd need a scantool beyond a basic obd2 scanner.
The reason I ask is because sometimes a malfunctioning front or rear SAM can cause issues like these. The malfunction doesn't mean the SAM may need replacement, it could be a power/ground circuit minor problem. But a scantool like icarsoft, etc is needed to communicate with the vehicle modules.
There's also the possibility that you may have inadvertently messed up a connection somewhere with the Android install. Happens sometimes.