MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W212) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212-109/)
-   -   Command Issues - Memory Card & Music Register Stopped Playing (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212/747695-command-issues-memory-card-music-register-stopped-playing.html)

Martin Joseph 06-16-2019 12:42 PM

Command Issues - Memory Card & Music Register Stopped Playing

I have been playing music files from both the register & the memory card, but now neither works. Also my satellite radio won't change channels. Once or twice I lost all sound/audio, but fixed this issue by turning off car, walking away with key, and then returning to car and restarting. Is there a way to reset the Command system? Any other advise?
Thanks,
Martin

zeemob 06-17-2019 08:02 AM

Try resetting your comand by pressing and holding the center ON button for 5 secs or more and report back.

ygmn 06-17-2019 08:42 AM

My guess is you need software update like I need.

As anything esle would be crazy since the screen locks up. or such.

Yes to REBOOT

Press and hold the volume knob below screen on dash for 10 seconds or so.
The screen will flash and it will look like you re-started car.... and turn back on to where it was but hopefully everything working...

Good luck

DubVBenz 06-17-2019 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by ygmn (Post 7781077)
My guess is you need software update like I need.

As anything esle would be crazy since the screen locks up. or such.

Yes to REBOOT

Press and hold the volume knob below screen on dash for 10 seconds or so.
The screen will flash and it will look like you re-started car.... and turn back on to where it was but hopefully everything working...

Good luck

I have the same year as yours, what software update are you referring to? After about 45-60 minutes of a bluetooth audio source I get stuttering, repeating and skipping until I disconnect and reconnect the source. Wondering if that's something that can be addressed...

ygmn 06-17-2019 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by DubVBenz (Post 7781094)
I have the same year as yours, what software update are you referring to? After about 45-60 minutes of a bluetooth audio source I get stuttering, repeating and skipping until I disconnect and reconnect the source. Wondering if that's something that can be addressed...

I went to dealer first time and complained my NAV was hanging up and giving me drive error:
See this thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...ble-error.html

They couldnot find error or fix.
Went back again and said same problem PLEASE CHECK if there is software update and update my maps.

They said they updated command software and maps and it fixed it for about 9 months.

Now my issue is back again when I try to use maps but like any computer when the screen or functions lock up a REBOOT can fix but not permanently as they have some glitch in software...

SO ask your dealer to check.

Martin Joseph 06-18-2019 07:11 PM

I did the reset and my satellite radio works fine now, but no luck with the music register or the memory card. Will a software update potentially fix this issue? Does Mercedes do the software updates free of charge? Can I do a software update without going to the dealer? This is very frustrating since I have TONS of music on my memory card and I travel through tunnels every day to and from work.
Thanks,
Martin

pb39374 06-18-2019 07:30 PM

Try disconnecting the battery for a minute, then reconnect.

Martin Joseph 06-19-2019 04:51 PM

Do I need a code for the radio/Command if I disconnect the battery for a minute?

pb39374 06-19-2019 05:18 PM

No, you don’t need a code. Similar thing happened to me recently where I had some work done on my remote starter. I left the shop and realized that my command was all screwed up (no volume, satellite wasn’t working, DVD player was messed up). I unplugged the battery for a minute and that fixed everything.

ygmn 06-19-2019 05:23 PM

Dealer may charge if out of warranty...

Do not know of any other way to update cars software but thru dealer.

Martin Joseph 06-19-2019 06:58 PM

No issues disconnecting my battery for a minute with my 2014 E350 4Matic Sedan? No codes needed....

Martin Joseph 06-19-2019 06:59 PM

How much will the dealer charge for a software update?

ygmn 06-19-2019 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Martin Joseph (Post 7783321)
How much will the dealer charge for a software update?

ya have to ask yours...
Mine was done under warranty

pb39374 06-19-2019 09:59 PM

I was charged $155 outside of warranty for command software update a few months ago for my 2010 e350

Martin Joseph 07-10-2019 06:54 PM

OK to disconnect BOTH batteries for a minute?

Arrie 07-11-2019 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by ygmn (Post 7783261)
Dealer may charge if out of warranty...

Do not know of any other way to update cars software but thru dealer.

Yes,

any shop (or anybody) who purchased the Mercedes Star or whatever the correct name is can update. That system connects to Mercedes and can do all updates just like the dealer shop.

That system cost $20000+ so it is not cheap either.