Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > E-Class (W212)
Need help figuring out what wheel bolts to buy for my setup. >

Need help figuring out what wheel bolts to buy for my setup.

Notices
E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Need help figuring out what wheel bolts to buy for my setup.

Old 07-12-2019, 06:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 E350
Question Need help figuring out what wheel bolts to buy for my setup.

Hello Everyone.

I have a 2014 E350 and recently purchased a set of 20-inch wheels off of a 2017 E43 AMG for a steal (Attached are a picture of what they look like). But when I went to install the wheels, I neglected to consider the Wheel Bolt length and quickly realized that they weren't long enough to accommodate the wheels.

The rims have the same diameter at 20 inches but are staggered with the front being 245/35/20 and the rear being 275/30/20.

I called 3 separate Mercedes Dealership and all of them gave me conflicting numbers on the Shank Length that would work for my car. So far I've gotten values like 44, 44.5, and 48. The last Mercedes dealership had someone incredibly helpful who was able to break down the measurements the other dealers provided me but ultimately told me to go to the nearest Mercedes dealership with the wheels and mess around with the 4 or so wheel nuts Mercedes uses across all of their models which is what I may ultimately end up doing.

But I figured I'd come here first and inquire about which Wheel nuts you guys use along with a recommendation for a cheaper option as the dealership quoted me $100 for a full set of 20 wheel nuts which honestly seems like a ripoff to me.

Thank you.

Old 07-12-2019, 06:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 74 Likes on 68 Posts
4 MBs
Originally Posted by Blazer990 View Post
Hello Everyone.

I have a 2014 E350 and recently purchased a set of 20-inch wheels off of a 2017 E43 AMG for a steal (Attached are a picture of what they look like). But when I went to install the wheels, I neglected to consider the Wheel Bolt length and quickly realized that they weren't long enough to accommodate the wheels.

The rims have the same diameter at 20 inches but are staggered with the front being 245/35/20 and the rear being 275/30/20.

I called 3 separate Mercedes Dealership and all of them gave me conflicting numbers on the Shank Length that would work for my car. So far I've gotten values like 44, 44.5, and 48. The last Mercedes dealership had someone incredibly helpful who was able to break down the measurements the other dealers provided me but ultimately told me to go to the nearest Mercedes dealership with the wheels and mess around with the 4 or so wheel nuts Mercedes uses across all of their models which is what I may ultimately end up doing.

But I figured I'd come here first and inquire about which Wheel nuts you guys use along with a recommendation for a cheaper option as the dealership quoted me $100 for a full set of 20 wheel nuts which honestly seems like a ripoff to me.

Thank you.

You need 45mm OEM bolts, p/n A0009907607. (Note: 245/35-20 may not fit upfront).
Old 07-12-2019, 07:15 PM

2015 E350
Originally Posted by threeMBs View Post
You need 45mm OEM bolts, p/n A0009907607. (Note: 245/35-20 may not fit upfront).
The E43 AMG uses the same sized wheel bolts on the front and back. I have 245/35/18 tires and the wheels are 18 inches and appear identical in size (granted they're 20 inch wheels). So I'm assuming that the wheel nuts I currently have should fit the front. The part number for the Wheel nuts I currently have is A0009908307. If not, would you happen to know what wheel nuts would fit the front?

Last edited by Blazer990; 07-12-2019 at 07:25 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:11 PM

2015 E350 4Matic Wagon
When I bought a set of used 17s, to downsize for winter use, I also found the bolt size to be too short. I took a stock wheel off and measured how much bolt protruded out of the hub side. Then I measured the same protrusion length from the “new” wheel and calculated the difference. I then added that difference to the current bolt shank length and ordered a new set from Amazon, being careful to select the correct lug seat shape (conical). I paid $28 for them. I’ve run them one winter and all was fine despite my overthinking and excessive worry. Hope this helps.
Old Yesterday, 03:18 AM

2015 E350
Originally Posted by threeMBs View Post
You were right on the dot. I ordered this exact part after some more digging and the wheels fit. The 2/45/35/20 do fit up front but they poke out by about an inch. I may have to get the fenders rolled.
Old Yesterday, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 74 Likes on 68 Posts
4 MBs
Originally Posted by Blazer990 View Post
You were right on the dot. I ordered this exact part after some more digging and the wheels fit. The 2/45/35/20 do fit up front but they poke out by about an inch. I may have to get the fenders rolled.
The poke upfront has nothing to do with tires' size, but everything to do with wheels' offset. Since you're using E43 wheels - 20x8 et20 front and 20x9 et49 rear - the fronts' poke (though not readily visible in the above shot) has to be at least 1/2" (it is significant IMHO). The rears' offset also "make" tire to be tucked-in a bit too much, but that's me and as long as you're happy, that's all that counts.

Going back to 245/35-20 tire do you have clearance here:
https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...d-img_2372.jpg.

If you're clear then its because you are using "extreme" for W212 non E63 front offset, had you be using a more appropriate offset of et30 to et35, I bet your front tire would rub on that perch.

Edit: just noticed that you said front poke is 1" - that's is huge (not going to get to how it looks discussion, with such a massive poke) and is the only reason 245/35-20 front tires do not touch/rub on lower perch. As stated above W212 should use front offset not lower than et30 for 8" wide wheel, but then front with those tires would rub.

Last edited by threeMBs; Yesterday at 11:26 AM. Reason: Front poke.