MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W213) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213-208/)
-   -   permanently disable the operation of the ECO start/stop function (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213/639268-permanently-disable-operation-eco-start-stop-function.html)

grange3 09-26-2016 07:52 PM

permanently disable the operation of the ECO start/stop function

Hi everyone can any one tell me if you can permanently disable the operation of the ECO start/stop function in the new E class W213 or do i need to press the ECO button every time i start my car.

Rick.Yupangco 09-27-2016 09:03 AM

I'm a new E-Klasse owner and from my limited experience, the Auto start/stop function is on in ECO, Comfort and Sport modes. You will have to press the "A" button in the center console to disable the function before every drive. It seems that the Sport+ mode has this function "off" automatically but be ready for high revs and greater gas consumption. I'm still playing around with my settings but I think that for Individual mode, I'll set it to comfort mode and disable the auto start/stop function and have this as my default. I'll be switching between that and Sport+ depending on the road and kind of mood I'm in for driving. Hope this helps!

jumpman726 09-27-2016 11:19 AM

For some reason, Mercedes still makes their cars default with the Auto stop/Start feature ON. You have to push the button every time you start the car if you want to turn it off. It might be a tiny issue, but it's actually one of the things that's keeping me from getting a new Mercedes right now.

BMW initially did the same thing a few years ago when it was first introduced, but after numerous complaints from customers BMW changed the settings so that the car remembers the last setting and stays in that setting until the driver changes it. So in the BMW, if you turn the Auto Stop/Start OFF it will stay OFF forever until you push the button again to turn it back ON. I wish Mercedes would do that.

listerone 09-27-2016 02:02 PM

My current "d" is the first car I've owned with start/stop.Thankfully mine remembers the last setting so the only time I have to worry is when I engage "eco pro" on the Interstate...which engages start/stop.If it's that big an issue to you I wonder if pulling a fuse might do the trick.Of course even if it does that could cause other problems.

schroedinger 10-04-2016 03:30 PM

My understanding is you can only use the Start/Stop in your EPA test (and so get credit for the mileage gain) if it defaults to "on" every time you start the car.

ua549 10-04-2016 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by grange3 (Post 6925892)
Hi everyone can any one tell me if you can permanently disable the operation of the ECO start/stop function in the new E class W213 or do i need to press the ECO button every time i start my car.

According to the operator's manual page 135, ECO Start/Stop can be set in the Individual mode.

grange3 10-04-2016 09:15 PM

Hi and thanks very much for all your advice i really appreciate all your time and help.cheers from Australia.:)

schroedinger 10-05-2016 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by ua549 (Post 6933090)
According to the operator's manual page 135, ECO Start/Stop can be set in the Individual mode.

Of course, you've got to manually select "Individual" each time, so it doesn't save you any steps. (Selecting "Sport" or "Sport+" also deactivates ECO start/stop, but these modes also have to be manually selected each time.)

CanadianEKlass 10-06-2016 06:33 PM

In the last two days I have been testing the "HOLD" function in the city driving conditions and I noticed the "ECO start/stop" stoped working.The engine is still running at the red light with "HOLD" ON,doesn't matter if it is in ECO or COMFORT mode with the ECO start/stop function switched on... I don't know to cry or to be happy :). I don't like the ECO start/stop function either.:rolleyes:

schroedinger 10-07-2016 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by CanadianEKlass (Post 6935013)
In the last two days I have been testing the "HOLD" function in the city driving conditions and I noticed the "ECO start/stop" stoped working.The engine is still running at the red light with "HOLD" ON,doesn't matter if it is in ECO or COMFORT mode with the ECO start/stop function switched on... I don't know to cry or to be happy :). I don't like the ECO start/stop function either.:rolleyes:

I've had the engine turn off while HOLD was active. But I must say, I cannot figure out when the engine will turn off and when it will turn back on -- it seems almost random.