E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Am I the only E300 owner who's extremely disappointed?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 03:37 PM

Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts
E220d
Originally Posted by Alan0354
I suspect all along they are not selling that well. Not the best looking car, it's the third and last of that particular look and you know the next S will come out in 3 years with a new body style and make this look old. The 4 cylinder is a big turn off, then the autonomous stuffs.

I was in high tech designing all sort of computerized electronics, it's just normal to roll out products that still not fully debugged. They have you guys running the field trial!!!

How many blue screen you have with computers, with computers, you just push and hold the power button to turn it off and start over again. What are you going to do if you in the middle of the road if the car gives you a "blue screen"? You really think somehow they know better in designing the computer in the cars?

I am glad my wife is open to the Porche Mecan. It is scary after the tow driver told us that they towed a lot of the new generation C class are all computer and electronics problems. It might be a simple glitch, but if it happens on the road, you still get stuck, you still have to be embarrassed sitting in a brand spanking new MERCEDES on the side of the freeway. The tow driver told us, the older C (the one before the current one) are ok.
I'm having trouble pinpointing exactly why, but i suspect you're a bit of a Muppet. Your anecdote about hacking, blue screens etc just feels really off and it certainly feels to me like you have little to no experience of designing electronics to high design assurance levels. Low level functions like radio and most other COMAND functions won't have anything like the design and validation effort that's put in to safety critical functions like steering and braking.

Also, the Tesla and Volvo incidents said more about the drivers lack of control than the car. Neither is qualified as fully autonomous and both need driver attention and oversight so a lesser or greater extent. Your observation is utterly pointless and irrelevant in terms of the driver ASSIST functions baked in to the E.

Go troll some other forums, you'll see many new cars suffer from electrical, electronic and mechanical issues, not just Mercedes. And if you want to avoid cars that have a CAN bus and are "vulnerable" to hacking go buy something built in the sixties or ride a push bike!
The following users liked this post:
arnsbrae (04-03-2017)
Old 04-03-2017, 04:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 ML350, 2003 E320
Originally Posted by Proeliator2001
I'm having trouble pinpointing exactly why, but i suspect you're a bit of a Muppet. Your anecdote about hacking, blue screens etc just feels really off and it certainly feels to me like you have little to no experience of designing electronics to high design assurance levels. Low level functions like radio and most other COMAND functions won't have anything like the design and validation effort that's put in to safety critical functions like steering and braking.

Also, the Tesla and Volvo incidents said more about the drivers lack of control than the car. Neither is qualified as fully autonomous and both need driver attention and oversight so a lesser or greater extent. Your observation is utterly pointless and irrelevant in terms of the driver ASSIST functions baked in to the E.

Go troll some other forums, you'll see many new cars suffer from electrical, electronic and mechanical issues, not just Mercedes. And if you want to avoid cars that have a CAN bus and are "vulnerable" to hacking go buy something built in the sixties or ride a push bike!
So you are going to buy a E300 to make a point?
Old 04-03-2017, 04:47 PM

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts
2021 E450, 2020 C43, 2015 C300, 2007 C280
Unhappy The future lies ahead

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/company/porsche-car-technique-autonomous-driving-12908.html

Best get that new car order in quickly! And this will very likely be the last ever new car you will buy if you don't want any level of automation, unless you buy a 10,000 dollar econobox or an out and out supercar. It's the future, it's not going to stop filtering down on to every mainstream model on the road and i personally look forward to it. Benefits of totally autonomous cars on already packed highways to me far outweighs any worries about hacking.
The great majority of American car owners are dreaming of automated vehicles. I cannot say that I have discussed this with my circle of acquaintances, because, judging from their cars, they do not have a particle of interest in automobiles. Out of several dozen cars in the parking lot of my lower middle-class church in the suburbs of Boston, my own 2015 C300 4MATIC is the only car that is in the least distinctive. It is because this totally utilitarian attitude toward cars that I assume they will welcome automation.

I hate to ruin the day of readers of these forums, but as soon as there are more than a few automated cars on the road, sport driving is at an end. Automated cars will make all speed limits self-enforcing. If the speed limit on your favorite canyon road is 40 MPH, that's what you will be driving, even if your car is not automated or the automation is overridden (assuming that the automation can be overridden). All that is necessary is that the car in front of you is automated.
Old 04-03-2017, 04:59 PM

E220d
So you are going to buy a E300 to make a point?
I've driven perhaps 3000 miles so far in fully (as fully as it allows anyway) autonomous mode in my w213 without drama (it did lose tracking of a new model mini whilst we were driving beside metal temporary barriers, though i think that speaks to the lack of metal in a mini's **** more than the systems ability!), does that prove any point? Not really, 3000 miles is peanuts in terms of validating that system but I'm happy to let it do its thing whilst I supervise.

Due to road works on a major motorway/freeway l use I'm now stuck with an extra 15 minutes of commute each way in stop start traffic. I'll gladly trade any real or imagined risk of system failure or hacking for the wonderfully relaxing drive pilot/stop n go system! Were i in my old car, or worse a manual car (i only recently became a convert to autos, us British favour a stick shift) I'd be cursing the road works. Tonight I was simply a passanger watching the world going by very slowly! I can't wait for this technology to become far more pervasive as it makes commuting so much easier and more productive (when fully driverless tech finally arrives). I'll still want an empty stretch of twisty road and the option to drive myself for fun but roll on personal built-in chauffers.
Old 04-03-2017, 05:05 PM

E220d
Originally Posted by gfmohn
The great majority of American car owners are dreaming of automated vehicles. I cannot say that I have discussed this with my circle of acquaintances, because, judging from their cars, they do not have a particle of interest in automobiles. Out of several dozen cars in the parking lot of my lower middle-class church in the suburbs of Boston, my own 2015 C300 4MATIC is the only car that is in the least distinctive. It is because this totally utilitarian attitude toward cars that I assume they will welcome automation.

I hate to ruin the day of readers of these forums, but as soon as there are more than a few automated cars on the road, sport driving is at an end. Automated cars will make all speed limits self-enforcing. If the speed limit on your favorite canyon road is 40 MPH, that's what you will be driving, even if your car is not automated or the automation is overridden (assuming that the automation can be overridden). All that is necessary is that the car in front of you is automated.
I think you're entirely right and i can well imagine myself going out for 3am blasts along deserted roads to get a quick g-force fix. I want automation to arrive but i still love driving. Maybe, wishful thinking here, as public roads become more highly governed we'll see race tracks opening up all over the place as demand for petrol thrills rises. I've only been to a handful of track days but I've loved them all, especially when I've been able to get passanger rides with personnel drivers and can feel what a car can really do.

Edited to say that actually, your comment about "the car in front" being automated is very true even now. I've had a few times in mine where the system has allowed an enormous gap to open up between me and the car in front meaning the car following me had ended up inches from my rear bumper wondering why the hell i wasn't holding my road position. Sorry following and now agitated driver, it wasn't me, it was the computer, honest. So already we're on that path!

Last edited by Proeliator2001; 04-03-2017 at 05:11 PM. Reason: To add para
Old 04-03-2017, 11:09 PM

Received 130 Likes on 99 Posts
2015 ML350+2021 E350
If it is just that simple, unless you have a hard wired switch that literally turn off the power source to the control, it's never turn off. Look at the smart tv can turn on and monitor you at home. Computer is limitless and be programmed by user/hackers.

Why? Ask the one that got killed in the Tesla. Ask the Volvo of Uber when it got hit. It's one thing to just lane keep and stay on the road, keep distance from the car in front. When others make mistake and got in your way, can the autonomous able to react by avoid the accident? I bet the Volvo just minding it's own business, stay in it's merry lane when the other car hit it.

Cars have been hacked and ransom had been demanded already. I have been in high tech, designing high tech. This does not excite me a bit, I've seen enough high tech.
Never ever heard of car ransom. I might check my insurance to be sure it's covered (sounds like theft to me). Anyway, I wouldn't pay any ransom...period.

As for autonomous stuff, you better get used to it. It's quickly becoming the norm. Most can be turned off or ignored. Except for the added price, I can't see it affecting my buying decision.

And the 4-cyl has been discussed at length. Too soon to tell about reliability in the E300. If you want V8, look elsewhere for now. Porsche is an outstanding choice, but that does mean the E300 isn't. Best of luck.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:27 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 E400 Coupe
Originally Posted by dieseldoc
I use apple lossless. No issues and the metadata is imbedded. Can also use aiff.
metadata is embedded, but is not used if found by GraceNote servers. I wish I could find GraceNotes email response to my question. It would further explain this snafu.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:27 PM

Received 136 Likes on 125 Posts
W212 E-class, W211 E-class, F10 5-Series
Originally Posted by Stephen Lee
Many features take multiple actions, sometimes 6+ if everything goes right, and it frequently doesn't because of the swipe action. This makes it incredibly distracting to the driver, I hate to say it, but I feel unsafe changing the song in my car while driving.

There are way too many inconsistencies in the rest of the electronics to spell them all out.
Originally Posted by Mbracer26
I had this car as a loaner and was extremely dissatisfied and disappointed with the radio and tech inside the car. It takes so many different inputs to get one thing done which makes it very distracting. I couldn't figure out how to store a radio preset if my life depended on it. I was glad to get back into my w212. Im a very techie person and in my 20s. The tech is failure as they took out the radio button presets across the whole line.
Originally Posted by pamiboy
Personally I like high tech cars, but I want knobs and buttons for simple things such as volume/ radio. I think auto manufacturers are also going through a learning curve and I suspect they will eventually settle somewhere in the middle where you have all the technology but still have knobs and a few buttons. I believe some of the newer cars such as Lincoln has already started the trend. I will wait till that change happens before buying another car.
Originally Posted by ngerstman
One can read and commit to memory every aspect of the operating manual. That doesn't mean the logic was well designed or intuitive to use or have ease of use as a priority. Hopefully it is well designed. In my book a well designed interphase should be intuitive to use and one should be able to figure it out without a manual, no secret handshakes needed. Regards. Ned.
Originally Posted by Peachy
OPs concern wasn't that he didn't know how to use COMAND, it's that it takes too many actions to do something, thus distracting you from driving.
Originally Posted by DubVBenz
Why do people keep pretending that the E300 approaches E350 levels of performance? Here's the reality:

E350:
https://www.edmunds.com/mercedes-ben...st-specs2.html : 6 Seconds
http://www.motortrend.com/cars/merce...on-first-test/ : 5.8 seconds
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...an-test-review : 5.8 seconds

Both cars: http://www.zeroto60times.com/vehicle...-60-mph-times/

E300
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ic-test-review : 6.5 seconds
http://www.motortrend.com/cars/merce...-drive-review/ : 6.5 seconds

You think there's a conspiracy from the above sources to lie about the 0-60 times of the car? Don't be so naive.
Originally Posted by ngerstman
Despite all the joking about the loss of CD player and comparing it to 8 track and cassette players, not quite the same. I personally am not happy about no CD player.
Originally Posted by NYbenzzz
foorget all the tech stuff, if i was an owner of a new E300 and i see someone parking next to me with a C300, I'D BE FURIOUS.

both cars look IDENTICAL, just a little bit bigger on E class. Plus it has the same 4 cylinder turbo as in the c class. The engine sounds like a HONDA CIVIC at full throttle. This is my number 1 gripe with my current C, which retails for over $50k. I can only imagine what E class owners feel about engine sound on their $60~$70k ride.

i was thinking of upgrading to a E class once my C lease is up. but i think i should be shopping around other luxury brands that have at least a V6 in it.

Now don't get me wrong, the interior design is miles above the competition. But when you are shelling over $60k, you expect at least a 300hp engine that doesn't sound like a civic.

my 02 cents
Originally Posted by NYbenzzz
i understand their design language and how they differentiate each model but carry the same design DNA.

but take a look at last generation's C, E, and S. they all had the same DNA, but were clearly different from each other. Last generation's E class was one of my favorites. Looked confident, muscular to some extent and definitelly luxurious.
The new E is not necessarily bad looking, it's great as a matter of fact.
the problem is that they upgraded the C so much, that is making the E look cheaper than what it is. you know what i mean?
Welcome to your new Honda accord! Ive had the same issues as you, the rattle on top of dash board, rattle in drivers door or B pillar still have to get it fixed. The harsh ride is due to the crappy run flat tires, the car drives like a garbage truck! I also miss the radio buttons, now you cant press # and go to any other radio station quickly, the navigation sucks in giving reasonable directions!
Yes, I agree with all of the above statements. The new E is a ubiquitous model that has a severely underpowered engine, extremely confusing COMAND/user interface (that lacks a CD player and no ability to directly dial to radio stations), and has no identity of its own. The S is a majestic lion, the C is a surprisingly beautiful tiger, and the E is some random ocelot or bobcat. I have had the opportunities to have both the C300 and the E300 as loaners over a few days and not impressed at all. While I think the interiors are class acts, I seriously hate the cars (new C and new E300), simply because of the underpowered engine and useless COMAND interface...unless that is fixed, I will skip the W213 generation altogether and buy G30 Bimmer.

Originally Posted by mjsbenz
I personally think that there are too many electronics which is causing more and more accidents by distracted drivers.
I don't think it's the electronics that are causing accidents; in the case of the new E, it's the complexity to do a simple task that is causing the distraction.

Originally Posted by osunsas
I went to look at this car, as a replacement to my 2014 E350, and it was a huge let down. I cannot BELIEVE Benz thought a 4 cyl would fly for this model. It now even looks like a C-Class. They've ruined the E-class. There are now fewer interior choices than there were when I bought my car three years ago. And as you're hearing above, the tech in this car is confusing.
Originally Posted by ua549
The problem with the E43 is that it is too sporty. Even the E43 comfort mode lacks the smooth ride of an EU model E400. Insurance costs are doubled because of the AMG badge. The mid-range model E400 is missing from the E Class lineup in North America. I want a touring sedan with more power than the E300 and less power than the E43. The E400 fills that gap nicely.

Code:
E300    E400    E43
245 HP	333 HP	401 HP
370 Nm	480 Nm	520 Nm
180 kW	245 kW	295 kW
Yea, no way a clattery 4-cyl belongs in an "Executive" car. The E400 needs to come to US and be the "entry level" model.

Also another thing I noticed in this thread and found quite interesting: everyone was jumping on the OP and calling him names, ridiculing him, and mocking him when he expressed his dissatisfaction; yet when others shared their same sentiments, everyone was pretty much like "aww, poor thing--I'm sorry you are going thru this."

Last edited by tresean1; 04-20-2017 at 01:06 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:30 AM

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts
2017 E300 Sport
I have only had my E300 for six days. So far I really like it. No twisty roads or drag strips where I live, thus plenty of power for my needs. Exterior styling is a little bland but the interior is visually stunning, super quiet and extremely comfortable. No question there is a learning curve on all the technology -- it's chock full of toys -- but that will come in time.
jpk112 (04-24-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 03:29 PM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Past 03 SL500,03 C240, 07 E350, 07 ML350, 10 ML350,11&14 E350 X2 2017 E300, 2017 C350e & 2000 S500
Originally Posted by tresean1
Yes, I agree with all of the above statements. The new E is a ubiquitous model that has a severely underpowered engine, extremely confusing COMAND/user interface (that lacks a CD player and no ability to directly dial to radio stations), and has no identity of its own. The S is a majestic lion, the C is a surprisingly beautiful tiger, and the E is some random ocelot or bobcat. I have had the opportunities to have both the C300 and the E300 as loaners over a few days and not impressed at all. While I think the interiors are class acts, I seriously hate the cars (new C and new E300), simply because of the underpowered engine and useless COMAND interface...unless that is fixed, I will skip the W213 generation altogether and buy G30 Bimmer.

I don't think it's the electronics that are causing accidents; in the case of the new E, it's the complexity to do a simple task that is causing the distraction.

Yea, no way a clattery 4-cyl belongs in an "Executive" car. The E400 needs to come to US and be the "entry level" model.

Also another thing I noticed in this thread and found quite interesting: everyone was jumping on the OP and calling him names, ridiculing him, and mocking him when he expressed his dissatisfaction; yet when others shared their same sentiments, everyone was pretty much like "aww, poor thing--I'm sorry you are going thru this."

Because some of these accounts are shells who are being paid by Mercedes to protect there brand and hide the truth AKA Sock puppets.
tresean1 (04-21-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,060 Likes on 699 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by tresean1

Yep! absolutely no reason why a midsize luxury car should have a 4 cylinder engine
That's why the CTS, A6, and 5series all have a 2.0 turbo 4cylinder base engines What do Cadillac, Audi and BMW know?????!!!!! I guess all German and American luxury car makers simply make underpowered ****ty midsize sedans!
Old 04-21-2017, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 267 Likes on 163 Posts
S213
Why does it bother you that the E is offering a I4 engine?

The alternatives are out there, if not satisfied with the 4, just get the E43?, why not let people make that choice for themselves?
Old 04-21-2017, 04:01 PM

E220d
Because some of these accounts are shells who are being paid by Mercedes to protect there brand and hide the truth AKA Sock puppets.
​​​​​​
Bloody hell, didn't think I'd find crazy conspiracy theorists on here.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:17 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 E400W4 Sedan Luxury Trim
Originally Posted by vic viper
Why does it bother you that the E is offering a I4 engine?

The alternatives are out there, if not satisfied with the 4, just get the E43?, why not let people make that choice for themselves?
I think that's exactly what the real problem is. It's not that MBUSA has made the entry level a 4-cy, as noted above BMW and Audi have been doing that with their comparable car for years. The problem is that unlike BMW and Audi, Mercedes is not offering a 6-cy without going to an AMG model. There are a lot of people who want a 6-cy who don't want the price and insurance premium of an AMG model, not to mention who don't want all the carbon fiber and other overly-sporty features on their e-class. The E300 is competitive with the A6 2.0T and the 530i, but MB is not offering a vehicle competitive with the A6 3.0T or the BMW 540 and that is extremely frustrating to a lot of MB fans (i.e. people on this forum).
The following 2 users liked this post by LAC300:
gfmohn (04-24-2017), tresean1 (04-21-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 267 Likes on 163 Posts
S213
​​​​​​
Bloody hell, didn't think I'd find crazy conspiracy theorists on here.

Of course, they are Americans

I have heard that the dudes in here working undercover for Mercedes are the very same guys that demolished the WTC and staged the Moon landings
Old 04-21-2017, 04:20 PM

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
2013 E550 Sedan
AKA Sock Puppets

You should spend a little time on Teslamotorsclub.com/forums if you want to see what happens if there is a negative post.
tresean1 (04-21-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 04:51 PM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Past 03 SL500,03 C240, 07 E350, 07 ML350, 10 ML350,11&14 E350 X2 2017 E300, 2017 C350e & 2000 S500
Originally Posted by vic viper
Of course, they are Americans

I have heard that the dudes in here working undercover for Mercedes are the very same guys that demolished the WTC and staged the Moon landings
lol you fools, welcome to the new era of online reputation control. I have friends that manage said company...

BTW, want to see how the rear door on my car sticks out like its not closed. its been only four months.
tresean1 (04-21-2017)
Old 04-21-2017, 05:19 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 E400 Coupe
Decided to have a fresh pair of eyes (and hands) look at my 2.5 month old new car.

I can't stop thinking about the really broad and very slight sweeping scratches on the trunk and hood. And why the paint doesn't really look 'Mercedes' black.

Before taking it to the new dealership I decided to do a quick strip of any wax on the car the old dealership might have put on it to hide anything. I used all my best microfiber cloths. I'm a stickler for not marring a paint finish.

Had no time to check it out and drove it to the new dealership for my appointment. It looked good under the shade. My new service tech, Kevin Graves, wanted me to drive around with the Service Manager. I started from the beginning telling him everything. He asked me to drive it out from under the shade and into the sun.

Holy @uck! We both looked at the hood and trunk and his response was, "I don't know what they can do about this but they've got to do something!" He agreed the sides of the car look fine, but the trunk and hood looked really quite horrible.

I asked for a new E as a loaner and as luck would have it they had one which they gave me. Gas pedal and brake pedal was much tighter (loaner has 2000 miles on it, my car has 1000 miles on it). It takes bumps much nicer. Low and behold - I bring up navigation and then switch to the media player and get a split screen view which my car doesn't do.?. This car's build date was 08/2016. Something is totally messed up!

I called MB USA. Got Kim Presby's voicemail, once again. I called back to speak to a manager. Was told he is unavailable but that Kim is with another caller and was going to return my call today, anyway and that I should wait for her call. That was over an hour ago...

I called Greenway Mercedes and said I want to have a meeting with the district rep (Marsalis ???) and have him walk around the car with me.

I also was told by someone, Star Motors might be shutting down / closing.?. I didn't ask for more info, but I should have. I'll ask the next time I talk with Greenway Mercedes.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by LAC300
I think that's exactly what the real problem is. It's not that MBUSA has made the entry level a 4-cy, as noted above BMW and Audi have been doing that with their comparable car for years. The problem is that unlike BMW and Audi, Mercedes is not offering a 6-cy without going to an AMG model. There are a lot of people who want a 6-cy who don't want the price and insurance premium of an AMG model, not to mention who don't want all the carbon fiber and other overly-sporty features on their e-class. The E300 is competitive with the A6 2.0T and the 530i, but MB is not offering a vehicle competitive with the A6 3.0T or the BMW 540 and that is extremely frustrating to a lot of MB fans (i.e. people on this forum).
The AMG is just a sticker fore the baget ****** no one really cares. Mercedes is trying to simply make fewer models of the same car. Placing an AMG sticker is simply a ploy to suck out a few additional bucks. When regular cars can routinely do 6 sec to 60, you have to make an impresion to sell one for twice as much.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 150 Posts
2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
Originally Posted by RickInHouston
Decided to have a fresh pair of eyes (and hands) look at my 2.5 month old new car.

I can't stop thinking about the really broad and very slight sweeping scratches on the trunk and hood. And why the paint doesn't really look 'Mercedes' black.

Before taking it to the new dealership I decided to do a quick strip of any wax on the car the old dealership might have put on it to hide anything. I used all my best microfiber cloths. I'm a stickler for not marring a paint finish.

Had no time to check it out and drove it to the new dealership for my appointment. It looked good under the shade. My new service tech, Kevin Graves, wanted me to drive around with the Service Manager. I started from the beginning telling him everything. He asked me to drive it out from under the shade and into the sun.

Holy @uck! We both looked at the hood and trunk and his response was, "I don't know what they can do about this but they've got to do something!" He agreed the sides of the car look fine, but the trunk and hood looked really quite horrible.

I asked for a new E as a loaner and as luck would have it they had one which they gave me. Gas pedal and brake pedal was much tighter (loaner has 2000 miles on it, my car has 1000 miles on it). It takes bumps much nicer. Low and behold - I bring up navigation and then switch to the media player and get a split screen view which my car doesn't do.?. This car's build date was 08/2016. Something is totally messed up!

I called MB USA. Got Kim Presby's voicemail, once again. I called back to speak to a manager. Was told he is unavailable but that Kim is with another caller and was going to return my call today, anyway and that I should wait for her call. That was over an hour ago...

I called Greenway Mercedes and said I want to have a meeting with the district rep (Marsalis ???) and have him walk around the car with me.

I also was told by someone, Star Motors might be shutting down / closing.?. I didn't ask for more info, but I should have. I'll ask the next time I talk with Greenway Mercedes.
I hope the new dealer can get something done for you.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:03 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 E400W4 Sedan Luxury Trim
Originally Posted by c4004matic
The AMG is just a sticker fore the baget ****** no one really cares. Mercedes is trying to simply make fewer models of the same car. Placing an AMG sticker is simply a ploy to suck out a few additional bucks. When regular cars can routinely do 6 sec to 60, you have to make an impresion to sell one for twice as much.
It's not just a sticker, it's a base price of $72,400 when Audi and BMW have 6cy cars in this segment starting at $58,600 and $57,150. Are we just saying mercedes are better and more expensive?

Originally Posted by c4004matic
Mercedes is trying to simply make fewer models of the same car.
Right, so they can focus their efforts on what a coupe version of every SUV?
Old 04-21-2017, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by LAC300
It's not just a sticker, it's a base price of $72,400 when Audi and BMW have 6cy cars in this segment starting at $58,600 and $57,150. Are we just saying mercedes are better and more expensive?

Right, so they can focus their efforts on what a coupe version of every SUV?
If you havent noticed SUV outsell sedans now.
Old 04-22-2017, 05:20 PM
off

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Audi Q5 Hybrid
The c-class is still MB NA's sales leader:

April 03 2017
MERCEDES-BENZ CLOSES OUT RECORD FIRST QUARTER WITH 79,141 UNITS, UP 4.5%
ATLANTA – Mercedes-Benz today reported record first quarter year-to-date volume at 79,141 units, up 4.5% from 2016. March sales of 29,092 increased 3.3% from the same month last year. Adding 2,871 units for Vans and 389 units for smart, Mercedes-Benz USA (MBUSA) achieved a grand total of 32,352 vehicles for the month, up 2.0% from a year ago. Year-to-date, MBUSA also achieved a record close of 87,635 units, up 3.9%.

"We're pleased about our record-breaking first quarter for Mercedes-Benz in 2017," said Dietmar Exler, president and CEO of MBUSA. "We look forward to strong momentum with a number of AMG product launches in the coming summer months as we celebrate AMG's 50th anniversary."

Mercedes-Benz volume leaders in March included the C-Class, GLE and E-Class (including the CLS) model lines. The C-Class took the lead at 8,021, followed by the GLE sales of 4,919. The E-Class rounded out the top three with 4,690 units sold.

Mercedes-AMG high-performance models sold 3,195 units in March, with a total of 8,339 units sold year-to-date (up 44.6%).

Separately, Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned (MBCPO) models recorded sales of 9,907 vehicles in March, an increase of 5.6% when compared to the same month last year (9,390).
Old 04-24-2017, 11:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
?
I've tried an E300 about 2 months ago and unfortunately I agree with OP. Dual LCD looked amazing, but in actuality COMAND was difficult to use and required so much navigation to get to a single thing.

Palm actually had an employee who's job it was to count the steps it took for someone to get to a piece of information or change something. Maybe MB needs to finally switch to touch screens and hire a person like that.

6 Steps to change a song is insane.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:19 AM

Received 136 Likes on 125 Posts
W212 E-class, W211 E-class, F10 5-Series
Originally Posted by expresspotato
I've tried an E300 about 2 months ago and unfortunately I agree with OP. Dual LCD looked amazing, but in actuality COMAND was difficult to use and required so much navigation to get to a single thing.

Palm actually had an employee who's job it was to count the steps it took for someone to get to a piece of information or change something. Maybe MB needs to finally switch to touch screens and hire a person like that.

6 Steps to change a song is insane.
Be careful about voicing your complaints and opinions, as you may be attacked by some users...

...Because some of these accounts are shells who are being paid by Mercedes to protect there brand and hide the truth AKA Sock puppets.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Am I the only E300 owner who's extremely disappointed?