E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Am I the only E300 owner who's extremely disappointed?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 11:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
?
Originally Posted by tresean1
Be careful about voicing your complaints and opinions, you may be attacked...
Complaints are the only way society ever moves forward - from what doesn't work - to what does. People and companies need to listen to their customers and accept constructive criticism.

One beautiful car though. As sad as this sounds, the new My Ford Touch was pretty good
The following users liked this post:
tresean1 (04-24-2017)
Old 05-02-2017, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts
2014 E350 4M Diamond Silver
Originally Posted by Stephen Lee
Today while listening to a song, a tone came through the stereo system. It was a solid tone lasting multiple seconds, similar to a 1K Hz test tone, maybe slightly lower in frequently. Regardless, it was very concerning, seemed like an electronic malfunction.

No, this wasn't the alert notification or pay attention warning. I was stopped at a red light when it happened. I have never heard this before from any of my other cars, it was new, odd, and concerning.

Sorry to say, but is this the new definition of Lemon Car?

Also, "When the car stops itself when it wasn't necessary" are you talking about start stop? I feel it disturbing too. At a stop light, I don't need it to stop every other second, because I was about to go, or at a yield.
The feature should be updated in a way, that if I use the hill assist (Hold) feature, the car should turn off. I use hold, only If I know I'll be staying at the intersection for more than 30 seconds, or It just turned red, or waiting for someone or whatever.
Old 05-02-2017, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Zavato
A techie that didn't go for a test drive? A techie that didn't check the specs which clearly notes a 2.0 liter motor? Doesn't pass my sniff test.
Your points make sense to me.
First thing I thought when I opened the website and saw E300, replacing E350 (since the number is less, I immediately thought it would be 2.0, since 300, and not 200, I made sure what I read, then saw the torque and thought it'll make up for the quick acceleration), btw, I won't even buy a new vehicle in near future..! lol.

By the way- never buy a first year of a new model. Don't care if it's Toyota, Honda or MB
Exactly, it works the same for motorcycles too.
2013 FZ09, 2017 FZ09, 2017 FZ-10 from Yamaha are the examples.!
But, those who purchased help the people from the next year.
It is same as do not buy a brand new vehicle, because the depreciation is more. Well, someone has to eat that depreciation, in order for people like me to get the discounts on the car. Thanks rich people.

Old 05-02-2017, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That's exactly right. I know how to use the system, I just feel very strongly that it's poorly designed. I would prefer to be able to change the song AND arrive safely at my destination, that's one of the reasons that I feel the car is unsafe to drive.

And to reiterate again to any potential buyers, I suggest that you take the car for a spin for a couple hours to really test things out.
Sorry for the troubles you're going, what was the resolution? Did you used the words lemon law, lawsuit, sue etc. words in the middle of your conversation?
In my experience, those words work like charm in USA.

Sorry, If I sound with a bad impression..!
Old 05-15-2017, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 2017
E300

Question - Is there any wind noise? Despite all the problems do you still have the car?

A few other challenges:

I feel unsafe driving my 2017 E300. I have had so many problems with the car, hardware and software, that I am not convinced that the safety system will work in an actual emergency. I'm not joking.

If you can't even change the radio station in a fair amount of time (sometimes it takes 4-5 seconds after the swipe on the steering wheel, and not a satellite station) then how can I expect the car to deploy the air bag?

When the car won't shutoff with the car in park, door open, and start / stop is pressed, how do I know that other features will work as advertised. I actually went inside the house to get my wife to witness it.

When the car stops itself when it wasn't necessary (No, it's not up for discussion here, it wasn't even close), how can I trust it? I had already drastically slowed down while approaching a car that is stopped ahead of me. The car had already started to drive forward and the car stopped itself about 1/2 a car length from where the front car was a few seconds prior. And I mean stopped... as in like an emergency.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 150 Posts
2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
Did you take it in for all of these issues? What was the dealers reply? The car sounds like a mess.
Old 06-09-2017, 01:37 PM

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
GL350
So far, so good.

I like my E300. I have noticed a rattle in the driver's side door that needs to be addressed, but other than that, I've been pretty happy.

I had a 2015 E350 that I liked as well. This one feels like a worth successor so far...
Old 06-24-2018, 09:57 PM

2017 E300 sedan
Unhappy I feel your pain

My E300 is a 2017 but I've had it for two months, bought new. My dream car, first Mercedes, huge expectations. I haven't experienced any of your issues, YET. The rattles in my dash are inconceivable for a $70,000 luxury sedan. In reading yours, and other postings, I'm amazed that MB has come to this. SO disappointed that my high end love sounds like a rattletrap inside, and frankly is ruining my experience for sure. SO, any thought please on taking it to a dealer and letting them TEAR it apart? Is it right like new when it comes back, or does the trunk monkey fix it, and it comes back however it is?
Old 06-25-2018, 12:02 AM

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts
2017 E300 Sport
I've had my E300 for a year now. I am extremely happy with it. Super comfortable, I love all the technology, plenty peppy, good fuel economy, quiet and very well made. Zero defects but there are a few quirks -- half the glove box it taken up by a useless air freshener, self-parking is just a gimmick (I can park manually 4x faster), Death Drive Pilot tries to kill me on a regular basis (but it's still fun), etc. Both the auto emergency braking, lane change warnings, back-up camera, whole car proximity warnings and other safety features make me feel extremely safe. I can definitely see me buying an E300 again in a few years -- hopefully when it is all electric!
The following 2 users liked this post by Sunrose305:
johna1 (09-22-2018), mister__p (06-27-2018)
Old 06-27-2018, 10:13 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
1996 C280, 2010 E350 Previous: '52 300 Adenaeur, '59 220 S, '94 C180, '03 C320 4-Matic Sport
It is well known that MB has developed a radically new straight 6 that it is fitting to certain models. A "belt-less" engine. No serpentine. All accessories are 48V electric.
Given the complaints about the 2.0 turbo 4-cylinder in the current model, one has to wonder why the new 6 cylinder engine has not been fit to the E-class already.
Any thoughts on this?
Old 06-27-2018, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,067 Likes on 703 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by walterk55
It is well known that MB has developed a radically new straight 6 that it is fitting to certain models. A "belt-less" engine. No serpentine. All accessories are 48V electric.
Given the complaints about the 2.0 turbo 4-cylinder in the current model, one has to wonder why the new 6 cylinder engine has not been fit to the E-class already.
Any thoughts on this?
2019 e53 amg
Old 06-28-2018, 11:10 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
E43
I've had my E43 for a few months now, close to 6000 miles. It is for all intents, perfect. Ignore the Trolls. My car is fully loaded ($92k). My only gripe is that the interface for some of the tech is 'clunky'. The answer to this problem is to use the rather excellent voice commands. There is a reason ALL of the EXPERTS have praised this car. There is also a reason that forums like these are filled with Trolls.
The following 3 users liked this post by SmedleyButler:
johna1 (09-22-2018), SaffsDad (06-29-2018), Sunrose305 (06-28-2018)
Old 06-28-2018, 12:02 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 E400 Coupe
Originally Posted by SmedleyButler
I've had my E43 for a few months now, close to 6000 miles. It is for all intents, perfect. Ignore the Trolls. My car is fully loaded ($92k). My only gripe is that the interface for some of the tech is 'clunky'. The answer to this problem is to use the rather excellent voice commands. There is a reason ALL of the EXPERTS have praised this car. There is also a reason that forums like these are filled with Trolls.
I'm sorry you think we are all trolls. I'm glad MB USA didn't think so and gave me a swap + thousands of dollars for my troubles towards my 2018 E300 sedan so I could buy a vastly superior 2017 E 400 coupe.
Old 06-28-2018, 12:29 PM

Received 71 Likes on 54 Posts
2018 E63S
Originally Posted by walterk55
Any thoughts on this?
The new 6 cylinder inline engine will be available from MY 2019, in E450 and E53 AMG from what I know..
The 4 cylinder inline engines will also come in the new version, I don't know if this happens at the same time or if they will come at a later time.
Old 06-29-2018, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,067 Likes on 703 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by Mbracer26
I had this car as a loaner and was extremely dissatisfied and disappointed with the radio and tech inside the car. It takes so many different inputs to get one thing done which makes it very distracting. changing a radio station with the swipe jumps 5 stations instead of one so you have to look down and see whats going on or you could use the wheel in the center to get a tactile feedback without looking. I couldn't figure out how to store a radio preset if my life depended on it. The C-Class had a better interface compared to this one. I was glad to get back into my w212. Im a very techie person and in my 20s. The tech is failure as they took out the radio button presets across the whole line.
Now I know you're trolling. Ihad a 205 and own a 550 both share the same previous version of command. The new e class system is light years better, at least if you have the dual screen sysptem it was developed for.
Old 06-29-2018, 01:03 AM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
E Class
Originally Posted by 78degrees
The new 6 cylinder inline engine will be available from MY 2019, in E450 and E53 AMG from what I know..
The 4 cylinder inline engines will also come in the new version, I don't know if this happens at the same time or if they will come at a later time.
E450 for 2019 has a 3L V6 instead of an I6. The new MY2019 CLS450 is using the new I6 engine with EQ I think.
Old 06-30-2018, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,171 Likes on 1,977 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Not sure why people feel a need to resurrect an ancient thread from 2016/17
Old 09-21-2018, 07:41 AM

2020 E350; 2022 GLC 300 4matic
Originally Posted by FIRST MB E300
My E300 is a 2017 but I've had it for two months, bought new. My dream car, first Mercedes, huge expectations. I haven't experienced any of your issues, YET. The rattles in my dash are inconceivable for a $70,000 luxury sedan. In reading yours, and other postings, I'm amazed that MB has come to this. SO disappointed that my high end love sounds like a rattletrap inside, and frankly is ruining my experience for sure. SO, any thought please on taking it to a dealer and letting them TEAR it apart? Is it right like new when it comes back, or does the trunk monkey fix it, and it comes back however it is?
Had the same rattle on my 2017 E400 coupe. They found the rattle (which sounded just like a baby rattle) was caused by a rear engine and transmission mount. The car had 3000 miles on it. I've been driving MB since I brought one back from Germany in 1972 but I have to say they certainly aren't what they used to be.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:33 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
BMW 740i
So, I guess the short answer is no. And my goal here is to strongly encourage others to thoroughly test drive the car and at least consider some of the points that I'm trying to make.

Here's the short version. I make a conscience choice that i did not want the 2016, so I waited for the 2017. When it came out, I loved everything that I read about it and liked what I saw when I looked in through the window. But, let's be honest, most if not all of the reviews are going to be positive, because, that's what they do.

Fast forward to the time of purchase, I did ask twice to drive the car. They were fairly busy that day and we were also working on the trade-in of my previous car, a 2014 E350. I was given various reasons why it couldn't happen right now, all legit reasons. The idea was to move forward assuming that everything would be fine and drive it as soon as it was available.

Well, after the paperwork was done, they finally pulled the car up and said take it for a spin. At this point, I was so excited to drive it that when I pulled off the lot, I didn't realize that it wasn't a test drive, I had just taken delivery.

Now, I know, this is my fault. And, I should have known better. All true statements. I did ask twice, but I should have held off on completing the paperwork or been more assertive. To be honest, I expected more of the car, more from MB, and more of the dealership.

I'm currently working this angle through the attorney general in my state.
Wow you bought a car without test driving it and others and comparing? And now you are mad at MB? Who does that? Hard to feel sympathy under these circumstances.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:52 PM

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
2018 E400 Coupe, 2016 Audi A6 3.0
So, I guess the short answer is no. And my goal here is to strongly encourage others to thoroughly test drive the car and at least consider some of the points that I'm trying to make.

Here's the short version. I make a conscience choice that i did not want the 2016, so I waited for the 2017. When it came out, I loved everything that I read about it and liked what I saw when I looked in through the window. But, let's be honest, most if not all of the reviews are going to be positive, because, that's what they do.

Fast forward to the time of purchase, I did ask twice to drive the car. They were fairly busy that day and we were also working on the trade-in of my previous car, a 2014 E350. I was given various reasons why it couldn't happen right now, all legit reasons. The idea was to move forward assuming that everything would be fine and drive it as soon as it was available.

Well, after the paperwork was done, they finally pulled the car up and said take it for a spin. At this point, I was so excited to drive it that when I pulled off the lot, I didn't realize that it wasn't a test drive, I had just taken delivery.

Now, I know, this is my fault. And, I should have known better. All true statements. I did ask twice, but I should have held off on completing the paperwork or been more assertive. To be honest, I expected more of the car, more from MB, and more of the dealership.

I'm currently working this angle through the attorney general in my state.
you’re correct. It is your fault. While I am sorry you have had this sort of experience, I cannot help but feel you’ve opened yourself up to this. I’m different from you. I don’t just spend this amount of money without knowing what I’m getting into. True, some things cannot be avoided but this could have.
Old 09-21-2018, 11:26 PM

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts
MB W213 E300 4MATIC Luxury Model
Originally Posted by raja777m
Sorry to say, but is this the new definition of Lemon Car?

Also, "When the car stops itself when it wasn't necessary" are you talking about start stop? I feel it disturbing too. At a stop light, I don't need it to stop every other second, because I was about to go, or at a yield.
The feature should be updated in a way, that if I use the hill assist (Hold) feature, the car should turn off. I use hold, only If I know I'll be staying at the intersection for more than 30 seconds, or It just turned red, or waiting for someone or whatever.
Wow, wow, wow, that’s all I have to say
Old 09-22-2018, 11:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by kingscorpian27

Wow, wow, wow, that’s all I have to say
Thats all? You can't elaborate anymore? You like that start/stop feature that much? Even when yielding it shuts off the engine?
Old 09-22-2018, 09:06 PM

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts
e300
Guys......... you realize your replying to a 2 YEAR old thread.........the OP hasn't even been online for 3 months

hahah......not that talking to essentially a wall is a bad thing, its just funny to know that no one is going reply to your post LOL
The following users liked this post:
Cambridgehank (09-22-2018)