E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

W213 VIM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 09:50 AM

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 W213
Found this Crux VIMMB-85P https://assets.sonicelectronix.com/m...85P_manual.pdf to do this
I am not sure were you are but here in Australia we have live sport that's football in winter and cricket in summer live on free to air TV that every game that is played in our state every week and some games from around Australia
next week we have football live on free to air TV on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday some are day games some are night games and the cricket when a test is on and Australia is playing in the game it is on for 7 hours a day for up to 5 days live on free to air as will other sport also that's how i get to do what i do.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W
Originally Posted by grange3
Found this Crux VIMMB-85P https://assets.sonicelectronix.com/m...85P_manual.pdf to do this
I am not sure were you are but here in Australia we have live sport that's football in winter and cricket in summer live on free to air TV that every game that is played in our state every week and some games from around Australia
next week we have football live on free to air TV on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday some are day games some are night games and the cricket when a test is on and Australia is playing in the game it is on for 7 hours a day for up to 5 days live on free to air as will other sport also that's how i get to do what i do.
I ordered the VIMMB-85P ("VIM"), and it should be here Thursday. The part I do not understand on your setup is the video input. Does the VIM have an input of some type? Whether in motion or staying still, how are you getting the OTA signal/video to the screen?
Old 04-09-2017, 10:27 AM

2017 W213
When i ordered my car i also ordered it with a Digital TV Tuner then the Crux VIMMB-85P from cruxinterfacing.com its a DIY Plug and Play activation via the OBD II port takes about 30 seconds and you are on your way.

Last edited by grange3; 04-09-2017 at 03:41 PM.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W
Originally Posted by grange3
When i ordered my car i also ordered it with a Digital TV Tuner then the Crux VIMMB-85P from cruxinterfacing.com its a DIY Plug and Play activation via the OBD II port takes about 30 seconds and you are way.
Dang! I don't think digital TV tuners were an option here in the U.S. Our nannies at the state department must not have liked that idea.
Old 04-09-2017, 02:34 PM

2017 W213
you should see if you can get an after market digital TV tune for the benz to put in your car it may turn out to be cheaper.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:29 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG E63s
anyone finished with theirs or happy to loan to me so I can VIM my car please ?
Old 04-17-2018, 06:42 AM

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
E43AMG
Originally Posted by DPiddy
anyone finished with theirs or happy to loan to me so I can VIM my car please ?
definately, but the activation method depends from your car COMAND head unit model and production date

1. COMAND (SA531) HU55 producton date before Jul-2017 - VIM via OBD2 plug (no wires) possible no problem
2. COMAND (SA531) HU55 production date after Nov-2017 - VIM is only possible with wired module that you have to permanently retrofit behind the COMAND head unit
3. COMAND (SA531) HU55 07/17-10/2017 - pm me your car vin number and I will let you know what is possible
The following users liked this post:
CaptainE (04-17-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 08:29 AM

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
'17 E300
Loaning won't work.

From the manual "After the first use on a vehicle, the VIMMB-85P is personalized to this vehicle and can be used unlimited times to code or reverse coding on this vehicle only. "

Last edited by Bobby4919; 04-17-2018 at 08:32 AM.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E220D
Coding is the fastest and cheapest way to unlock VIM. But only works for the model was manufactured before Nov 2017.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:55 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
S213
Originally Posted by vladimir.cdi
definately, but the activation method depends from your car COMAND head unit model and production date

1. COMAND (SA531) HU55 producton date before Jul-2017 - VIM via OBD2 plug (no wires) possible no problem
2. COMAND (SA531) HU55 production date after Nov-2017 - VIM is only possible with wired module that you have to permanently retrofit behind the COMAND head unit
3. COMAND (SA531) HU55 07/17-10/2017 - pm me your car vin number and I will let you know what is possible
Hi there,

my car was produced (final inspection in the factory) on November 23rd of 2017, hence it's a MY 2018. Which wired module do I need to buy?
Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Flo
Old 11-07-2018, 11:23 AM

Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
2024 AMG GLE 53
Has anyone on here installed the "behind the command" module for VIM?

This seems to be the only available option for 2018+ models, and thats what I need. But I would do the install myself as I would not trust any shop to do the install nor would it be cost effective.
I searched all of the googles and I was unable to find any guides in the install process on how hard/easy it is to do on the 2018 e 300.
Old 11-07-2018, 11:25 AM

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
E43AMG
Originally Posted by mcflo
Hi there,

my car was produced (final inspection in the factory) on November 23rd of 2017, hence it's a MY 2018. Which wired module do I need to buy?
Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Flo
you can order this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/263444608824
Old 11-29-2018, 03:18 PM

2024 AMG GLE 53
Originally Posted by suby01
Has anyone on here installed the "behind the command" module for VIM?

This seems to be the only available option for 2018+ models, and thats what I need. But I would do the install myself as I would not trust any shop to do the install nor would it be cost effective.
I searched all of the googles and I was unable to find any guides in the install process on how hard/easy it is to do on the 2018 e 300.
BumP
Old 11-30-2018, 05:52 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
S213
BumP
Video how to remove the navigation unit:

Further installation steps are given in this link where I ordered mine and vladimir.cdi is also a board member here who replied in this thread:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/263444608824

1. Turn ignition off (for cars with keyless-go additionally remove key from the car).

2. Release COMAND head unit from the dash board. Procedure is different for different mercedeses - follow DIY video manual lower on this page

3. Disconnect all electrical connectors from back of COMAND (we recommend you to count them - this will let you do not miss them on installation)

4. Completely remove COMAND from dash board

6. unclip and take off optical connector from from big black quadlock connector. Here be careful - do not bend optical wires

7. Take Video-in-motion harness

8. Put optical connector (from steps 6) to female part of VIM harness

9. Connect male part of VIM harness to quadlock connector of a car

10. Connect all connectors back to COMAND HU. Connect female part of VIM to COMAND

11. Check if dash space behind COMAND HU is free from jams.

12. CAREFULLY Put COMAND HU back to dash avoiding using force (but do not screw it for now). Especially important not to jam VIM harness - this can damage VIM as well as cut car wires - be CAREFUL

13. Check if VIM interface is functional. To do that just turn COMAND on via power button, and check if you can change sound level from steering wheel. In case that you can change sound volume from steering - installation is correct and you can start assemble all detached parts back

14. install all dash and vent parts back in reverse order.

15. Check VIM interface in motion
Old 03-05-2019, 06:35 PM

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Just wanted to give a shout-out to Vladimir.cdi! I ordered the vim harness from him through eBay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCEDES-Vi...IAAOSwkrFaYGCT), and the harness works perfectly! He shipped it promptly, provided a tracking number, but somehow it got lost in the USPS system. Long story short, after exhausting all our attempts to track down the package, he overnighted me a new harness on his own dime to make up for the lost package! He was very responsive with my questions before and after my purchase. If you had any hesitation with buying from him, I can assure you that he’s a very reputable seller and provides great customer service!

Installation was straight forward, pretty much as described in mcflo’s post above. The biggest pain in the @ss part was putting the COMAND unit back in so that it fits correctly on the two hangers. The whole process took me about 20 mins from removing the first two screws for the center console to putting those two screws back after the install.
Old 03-05-2019, 06:42 PM

2024 AMG GLE 53
Originally Posted by denjermen
Just wanted to give a shout-out to Vladimir.cdi! I ordered the vim harness from him through eBay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCEDES-Vi...IAAOSwkrFaYGCT), and the harness works perfectly! He shipped it promptly, provided a tracking number, but somehow it got lost in the USPS system. Long story short, after exhausting all our attempts to track down the package, he overnighted me a new harness on his own dime to make up for the lost package! He was very responsive with my questions before and after my purchase. If you had any hesitation with buying from him, I can assure you that he’s a very reputable seller and provides great customer service!

Installation was straight forward, pretty much as described in mcflo’s post above. The biggest pain in the @ss part was putting the COMAND unit back in so that it fits correctly on the two hangers. The whole process took me about 20 mins from removing the first two screws for the center console to putting those two screws back after the install.
Glad you got one that works. I received 3 different VIM harnesses, and they all were "defective". One had no sound, other one bricked my COMAND and put it in anti theft mode, and the other one disabled my SOS button. Im thinking of trying other brands now to see if I can get a better working product.
Old 03-06-2019, 06:19 PM

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad you got one that works. I received 3 different VIM harnesses, and they all were "defective". One had no sound, other one bricked my COMAND and put it in anti theft mode, and the other one disabled my SOS button. Im thinking of trying other brands now to see if I can get a better working product.
Dude, that sucks! I’m glad I didn’t run into any issues