E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Traffic Sign Assist missing from IDP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 10:41 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2023 EQE 500
Traffic Sign Assist missing from IDP

I recently picked up a 2017 E300 with IDP (intelligent drive package) but package seems to be missing the Traffic Sign Assist functionality.

anyone else in the same boat ? dealer still looking into solution but thought i'd check on the forum too

Sam
Old 04-23-2017, 09:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 188 Likes on 118 Posts
...21 GLE53 24 GLE53
I think this is mostly software and should be easily corrected.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:51 AM

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts
2017 E300 Sport
Originally Posted by iammrsam
I recently picked up a 2017 E300 with IDP (intelligent drive package) but package seems to be missing the Traffic Sign Assist functionality.

Sam
Have you made sure that function is turned on in the settings? Look under Vehicle/Assistance/Traffic Sign Assist
Old 05-03-2017, 04:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2018 E400 Coupe
I'm not sure if you're referring to the feature that is part of Drive Pilot that allows the car to maintain the posted speed limit. If that is what you're referring to, make sure the feature is activated in settings. Then, simply tug the cruise control lever twice towards you and you will see the posted speed limit displayed in the IP and the car will automatically maintain that speed. Hope this helps.

19" 5-Spoke AMG wheels
Premium 3 package
Burmester Sound System
2nd 12'3" display
Air Balance Fragrance Atomizer
Old 05-03-2017, 10:51 PM

2023 EQE 500
Originally Posted by Sunrose305
Have you made sure that function is turned on in the settings? Look under Vehicle/Assistance/Traffic Sign Assist
that menu entry isn't there ... even though i ordered the car with IDP. the car has been at the dealer for over 3 days and they still can't figure it out !!! i think most of the other assistance options are there but not that one
Old 05-03-2017, 10:59 PM

2023 EQE 500
Originally Posted by jgs1564
I'm not sure if you're referring to the feature that is part of Drive Pilot that allows the car to maintain the posted speed limit. If that is what you're referring to, make sure the feature is activated in settings. Then, simply tug the cruise control lever twice towards you and you will see the posted speed limit displayed in the IP and the car will automatically maintain that speed. Hope this helps.
thanks for the followup but the traffic signs assist feature is the one that relies on the stereo camera to "read" street signs . on the canadian side, it is part of the Intelligent Drive Package . here is how it is described in the Dealer Ordering Guide.

• Driving assistance system able to detect and recognize speed limits, no-passing and wrong-way signs
• Detection of traffic signs by means of a multifunction camera and display in the instrument cluster in real-time and comparison against the navigation data
• Helps the driver to comply with traffic regulations, thus enhancing road safety
• Wrong-way warning function: if the driver attempts to enter a street or highway against the posted mandatory direction, for instance, a highway on ramp, a visual warning is displayed in the instrument cluster and an acoustic warning is sounded.

and to activate it, there is a menu entry for it.under Vehicle -> Assistance -> Traffic Sign Assist.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:17 PM

2017 E300 Sport
Drive Pilot does not need to be activated to have the speed limit displayed. It appears all the time when Speed Limit Assist is turned on. And most of the time the info is coming from the nav system (it knows what street you are on and the speed limit on that street) rather than actually reading the signs.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:16 PM

2023 EQE 500
Originally Posted by Sunrose305
Drive Pilot does not need to be activated to have the speed limit displayed. It appears all the time when Speed Limit Assist is turned on. And most of the time the info is coming from the nav system (it knows what street you are on and the speed limit on that street) rather than actually reading the signs.
how would the speed limit be displayed ? never seen it on my dashboard. this is everything i have listed under the Assistance menu
- ESP
- Cam. & Parking Pilot
- Active Brake Assist
- Act. Blind Spot Assist
- ATTENTION ASSIST
- Act. Lane Keep. Assist

i should have "Traffic Sign Assist" but what else am i missing
thanks
Attached Thumbnails Traffic Sign Assist missing from IDP-img_0717.jpg   Traffic Sign Assist missing from IDP-img_0718.jpg  

Last edited by iammrsam; 05-04-2017 at 09:20 PM.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:37 PM

2017 E300 Sport
Originally Posted by iammrsam
how would the speed limit be displayed ? never seen it on my dashboard.
It certainly seems to be missing. I am in the U.S. Could it be blocked in Canada for some reason?

See attached pics. Note that the dash pic of the speed limit sign appears even when my car is sitting in a closed garage. Also note that exactly where the speed limit sign appears on your instrument cluster depends on whether you have the second digital dash as I do and then how you configure that dash. There are several different places you can have it appear. It also appears in the HUD.
Attached Thumbnails Traffic Sign Assist missing from IDP-img_4919.jpg   Traffic Sign Assist missing from IDP-img_4921.jpg  

Last edited by Sunrose305; 05-04-2017 at 09:40 PM.
The following users liked this post:
iammrsam (05-04-2017)
Old 05-04-2017, 09:43 PM

2023 EQE 500
well, it is listed in the Canadian dealer ordering guide as a feature included in the IDP package

Thank you for posting the photo... I will keep the pressure on the dealer to fix it