E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Disappointed in Multi beam Headlights in the US and Tune IN Radio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts
2017 E300
My IHeartRadio doesn't work. It says it is updating and will not work until it updates?
Old 05-05-2017, 08:00 AM

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
'17 E300
My mbrace free trial is still active, and anyway, I've given them a CC to continue the subscription. My wifi hotspot is also not working. Three days now in the shop and MB has done 3 or 4 software downloads (takes them FOREVER to do those). I'll know later today if those worked.

I can't be the only E300 owner with these problems!!
Old 05-05-2017, 02:44 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 E300, Selenite Grey, P2, Sport Wheel package 18" AMG, Leather seats
Originally Posted by Bobby4919
My mbrace free trial is still active, and anyway, I've given them a CC to continue the subscription. My wifi hotspot is also not working. Three days now in the shop and MB has done 3 or 4 software downloads (takes them FOREVER to do those). I'll know later today if those worked.

I can't be the only E300 owner with these problems!!
I've been down that rabbit hole. I really hope that you have success but don't count on it. It's really an mbrace problem but they won't admit it. They'd rather repeatedly refer you to the dealer. I eventually contacted mbrace and cancelled my prepaid 2 year subscription and requested a prorated refund due to most services being unavailable. They didn't even argue or try to talk me out of it and even voluntarily gave me a full refund, even though I was only requesting prorated.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:08 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 E300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by forecastdude
Is it possible to post a video even parked in your garage of how the lights react when shifted into R and the steering wheel turned R or L. All I see in my garage is a constant beam from the lower lights and the beam does not have additional LED's lit when the wheel is turned. From the comments I have seen no one really has a visual of the lights working up to specs.

Thank you for your reply and assistance!

It's been difficult to capture the side lights that come on, but this shows the movement of the main beams with the steering wheel.

The following users liked this post:
forecastdude (05-12-2017)
Old 05-12-2017, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,067 Likes on 703 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
The intelligent headlights on the E 43 are excellent. They finally got rid of the horrible, stepped and shockingly short low beams. Now the have very good distance and no cutoff to be seen. The highbeams are simply amazing period. The LED "dance" with the "fanning" of the individual rows of the when they first come on is also cool, entertaining and classy at the same time. Just wish we had the entire system that shadows on coming traffic individually, but as we all know that is not yet to be. In the mean time, I'm very pleased that the headlights are otherwise excellent now.
Old 05-24-2017, 05:31 AM

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
2018 E300 Luxury - P3 and more
Originally Posted by DubVBenz
Anyone know if the facelift W212 LEDs also didn't move? My Bi-Xenons in my 211 move a fair amount, so I'm wondering if they eliminated that on the facelift 212s equipped with LEDs?
My 2015 W212's light lenses move quite a bit. Each side has 2 moveable lenses + separate side-light. They move up/down/left/right and it's rather noticeable.
Old 05-29-2017, 02:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 E300, 2017 GLC300
Re: the TuneIn issue, I doubt it's a Verizon issue. It seems more like a feature/app added to the car after the fact. I listen to TuneIn quite a lot, but I do it off of my (Verizon) Samsung S7, and it works just fine. I think the car, for whatever reason, just doesn't have a decent app and/or the processing power behind it to make it work. I am still in the 3-month trial of the onboard internet, but no reason to keep it - my phone is still a better computer than the car.
The following users liked this post:
forecastdude (05-29-2017)
Old 05-29-2017, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 E300 4Matic Q3 Pkg.
Totally agree that our phones are more powerful and respond quicker than E300. Why pay for something we already have via phone and is faster? TuneIN radio data mines everything you do so IMO not worth it.
Old 05-29-2017, 05:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 772 Likes on 610 Posts
I'm on TMobile and their unlimited data network is faster than Verizon, too.
Old 05-29-2017, 08:58 PM

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
'17 E43
Originally Posted by c4004matic
The intelligent headlights on the E 43 are excellent. They finally got rid of the horrible, stepped and shockingly short low beams. Now the have very good distance and no cutoff to be seen. The highbeams are simply amazing period. The LED "dance" with the "fanning" of the individual rows of the when they first come on is also cool, entertaining and classy at the same time. Just wish we had the entire system that shadows on coming traffic individually, but as we all know that is not yet to be. In the mean time, I'm very pleased that the headlights are otherwise excellent now.
Agreed.

From mb.com: As a result of the completely freely configurable high-resolution light distribution, it is possible for the first time to implement all high and low-beam functions of the Intelligent Light System in entirely digital mode and without any mechanical actuators in the new E-Class. As a world first, the dynamic cornering light function is purely electronic. In addition a wealth of new, adaptive light functions are possible which will render night-time driving even safer for both the driver and other road users.
Old 05-30-2017, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,067 Likes on 703 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by eas43
Agreed.

From mb.com: As a result of the completely freely configurable high-resolution light distribution, it is possible for the first time to implement all high and low-beam functions of the Intelligent Light System in entirely digital mode and without any mechanical actuators in the new E-Class. As a world first, the dynamic cornering light function is purely electronic. In addition a wealth of new, adaptive light functions are possible which will render night-time driving even safer for both the driver and other road users.
BTW MB is probably reacting to the IIHS report that rated most European optional LED systems as crap! Good to see MB step up to the plate. At the time of the test the best headlights they had tested were the standard set up on the simple Prius.
The Prius is now a decent car with few if any compromises. Why did Toyota have to make it so frigging hideous? As time goes on it keeps getting better as a driving machine but every new model is more esthetically insulting the previous generation!!!!! Its as if they didn't want to sell it! No one buys a Prius for style, they buy it for economy. There is absolutely zero need to try to make it look like a starship from a different galaxyBTW, Don't get me talking about the Toyota Mirai, my colon has designed better looking turds
Rant over!