E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

2017 E43 AMG Sudden Braking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2019, 04:14 PM

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
e400 wagon
Hi All,

I started a thread so we can get a head count on people with this issue, across different platforms. If your car's having this problem, please post here:

https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-...ml#post7833418
Old 09-06-2020, 12:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by eskaypark
Just wondering if anyone else experienced sudden braking while driving the 2017 E43 AMG. While driving under clear conditions, the active brake assist activated twice without any obstacles ahead of me. The first time, I was driving on an empty local road, so it wasn't a huge deal, but the second time, I was on a semi-busy street with a car behind me. We almost collided because of the sudden braking.

I've checked the sensors on the car and cleaned them in case dirt or debris was the cause for the mishap, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I'm driving to the dealership to have them take a look at it, but I'm wondering if anyone else experienced similar issues, perhaps with other Mercedes models.
Yes I have a 2018 C43 and this has happened on a few occasions
Old 09-07-2020, 08:15 PM

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
e400 wagon
Been checked out for a while - disappointing but not surprising to see that these issues continue for people.

MBUSA, SF Benz, and Mercedes Manhattan have all been made aware of the issue, up to the level of Chairman. So the minute there is an issue that causes an accident, there is liability up and down their organization.

My primary contact was Ed Rouhani at the CAC: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ed-rohani-4a062a5/

I had an unrelated issue with me car at delivery, and he and the CAC quickly stepped up and made it right.

As this issue kept happening, I was at one point offered a substantial credit toward any other new Benz, by Mr Rouhani. When I went to take them up on it, after setting up the deal 100% with my local dealer, the CAC said my offer had "Expired" and refused to honor it. In fact they refused to reply to a single call or email after that.

If anyone wants to contact the CAC to try to get some help, send me a message and I will share direct contact info for the more senior people. All I'd ask is that if anyone gets any traction on them making things right, let me know.