MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W213) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213-208/)
-   -   Perfume with Air Balance (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213/668122-perfume-air-balance.html)

Mercedesfinance 05-28-2017 04:18 PM

Perfume with Air Balance

I don't think that my Air Balance is working properly. Even on high I cant smell the fragrance. When it is on high can you really smell it in your car? Is it strong?

Just wondering if it is my nose or my car.

Thanks ahead of time!

Mercedes Finance Guy

ItalianJoe1 05-28-2017 04:34 PM

Every one of the cars I've had with this complaint, 222/213, the system is working perfectly, but the customer complains about it anyway. I believe, it's not enough for some people that like heavy cologne and such. It's not supposed to be an overpowering fragrance, and it can be not used in certain conditions, but for me if it's turned off and I turn it on, I notice it every time.

Mercedesfinance 05-28-2017 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1 (Post 7162928)
Every one of the cars I've had with this complaint, 222/213, the system is working perfectly, but the customer complains about it anyway. I believe, it's not enough for some people that like heavy cologne and such. It's not supposed to be an overpowering fragrance, and it can be not used in certain conditions, but for me if it's turned off and I turn it on, I notice it every time.

ok I am going to drive with it off and then see if I notice a difference. Its one of those things that I dont want to ask the service department because I work here and dont want to be "one of those customers" who complain about stuff that I should not be! haha

Thanks for the advice.

BlackjackM 05-30-2017 11:24 AM

You should be able to notice it on the highest setting. I've noticed that it sometimes turns itself off, if you can't smell it go back in and make sure it's still on.

c4004matic 05-30-2017 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mercedesfinance (Post 7162915)
I don't think that my Air Balance is working properly. Even on high I cant smell the fragrance. When it is on high can you really smell it in your car? Is it strong?

Just wondering if it is my nose or my car.

Thanks ahead of time!

Mercedes Finance Guy

Are you a smoker?
Smoker sense of smell is one of the first things to go. :(

arnsbrae 05-30-2017 02:18 PM

I thought about this option for a short time but I was worried my wife would shoot me when I arrived home smelling of a perfume she doesn't wear...��

c4004matic 05-30-2017 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by arnsbrae (Post 7164581)
I thought about this option for a short time but I was worried my wife would shoot me when I arrived home smelling of a perfume she doesn't wear...��

Personally I would have opted out. On the 43 its standard. It eats half of the glove box which makes it vitually useless.

joshg1001 05-31-2017 12:53 AM

I have never turned it on and haven't even put the sample vial in. No intention of doing so either. I find this completely useless.

c4004matic 05-31-2017 09:10 AM

Correct me if Im wrong but I think this is an Asian market driven option.

dieseldoc 05-31-2017 10:15 AM

Did not want it on my GLC. I wanted the glove box space.