E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

iphone Connection "Low Speed Voice"

Old 06-15-2017, 06:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 E300 RWD
iphone Connection "Low Speed Voice"

Has anyone else had this issue? I've had it not only with my E300 but also other cars so I don't think it's the car. It actually happened with my iPhone 6s as well as my current iPhone 7 so I'm not sure where the problem originates.

Basically, when I make a bluetooth call in my car sometimes (not always) when the person on the other side answers and speaks, it comes back to me in a very low, slow speed (unrecognizable and not understandable either) speech. Sortof like those TV programs where people want to remain anonymous on camera and they disguise their voice...only worse, you can't understand what they are saying but very much the same low pitch, slow speed voice. I then hang up, call right back, and everything is fine every time. It happens quite often.
Old 06-16-2017, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 384 Likes on 314 Posts
2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
I've had it happen before. Bluetooth isn't perfect and subject to interference. Best way to test is isolate the issue by not hanging up and taking call off the BT speaker and use the phone. If the call is clear, then chalk it up to BT inference. If call is still bad, then it is a cellular service issue and just try the call again. If it is not happening consistently, there isn't anything worth doing IMO.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 E300 RWD
Originally Posted by thefisch
I've had it happen before. Bluetooth isn't perfect and subject to interference. Best way to test is isolate the issue by not hanging up and taking call off the BT speaker and use the phone. If the call is clear, then chalk it up to BT inference. If call is still bad, then it is a cellular service issue and just try the call again. If it is not happening consistently, there isn't anything worth doing IMO.
Unfortunately, it happens more than I like which is why I posted to see if anyone else is experiencing the issue. Going to try your suggestion.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 384 Likes on 314 Posts
2011 E550 P2 4M Sedan
Sorry to hear it is happening more often. Another thing to check is where is the phone when this happens. Could be more interference in your pocket or bag as opposed to cup holder. Also magnetic holder metal plates or other accessories could interfere.