E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Can i use both iPod and Iphone simultaneously on the W213

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E 300
Unhappy Can i use both iPod and Iphone simultaneously on the W213

Dear All i am new here, i have the E 300 2017, and i have been searching all over for a solution that allows me to play my music from my iPod touch, or from a USB flash drive, while still using my Iphone connected to apple CarPlay.
i am not the kind of person who puts all his music collection on to the iPhone, besides memory issues, even the highest capacity i phone won't hold all of my favorite music library.
once the Iphone is connected, i can't play any music except via the Iphone, when i reach for the media on the menu i am only allowed to chose between CarPlay with my iPhone or just radio.
any suggestions that can allow me to use my iPod or a USB flash drive for that matter, for music at the same time while using my iPhone for maps, calls and SMS via CarPlay?
Old 08-24-2017, 03:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 292 Likes on 223 Posts
E 300 AMG-Line diesel-Hybrid - 2021
no, once you've activated carplay it blocks all other functions. I have same issue with my ipod classic (via USB)
Old 08-24-2017, 03:16 AM

E 300
Originally Posted by Egonvdv
no, once you've activated carplay it blocks all other functions. I have same issue with my ipod classic (via USB)
Thank you for your repky, but is there anyway to do that, not necessarily the iPod, but can i use any other music source apart from my iPhone to listen to my music while connected to CarPlay?
Old 08-24-2017, 03:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 292 Likes on 223 Posts
E 300 AMG-Line diesel-Hybrid - 2021
No, you'll have to end carplay first. (either within system or disconnecting cable)

btw can you use google maps on your ipod touch? - I thought they had intergrated gps no?

for the rest you can then use your phone (albeit not via carplay) to call & sms
Old 08-24-2017, 10:44 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2018 E300 Lux, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2015 Mercedes ML350 (wife's)
Originally Posted by mmoghazy
Thank you for your repky, but is there anyway to do that, not necessarily the iPod, but can i use any other music source apart from my iPhone to listen to my music while connected to CarPlay?

If you move the music onto a thumb drive or SD card you could have it play separately. I know that's not easy with "wonderful" Apple products..
Old 08-24-2017, 10:57 AM

E 300
Yes you can use google maps on iPod touch, only that u don't game a second k card for the iPod so u have to be connected to WIFI.
ipod touch or any iPod has no car play capability, you can't use it with car play.
i thought Mercedes should have thought about that, what if a person doesn't like to carry all his music on his iPhone!
i want to use careplay for maps and phone and be able to play my music wether via USB or via Bluetooth at the same time...!!!
simple ha!!!