E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

New feature for Mercedes Me?

Old 09-23-2017, 06:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
saab 9-5 (E220d on order)
New feature for Mercedes Me?

Has anyone else had a message when they log in to the Mercedes Me website saying that “now” there’s a new feature to change settings like lighting colour and radio station from within Mercedes Me?
I’ve searched all over and can’t see this option on the website or the app anywhere.
Old 09-24-2017, 12:32 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 C Cabriolet
I do not see the message when I log in.
Old 09-24-2017, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 770 Likes on 608 Posts
What country?
Old 09-24-2017, 01:11 PM

Received 86 Likes on 80 Posts
16 GLC 19 Volvo XC40 06Corvette Z06
Originally Posted by BeoBenz
I do not see the message when I log in.
Same here.
Old 09-24-2017, 04:53 PM

I’m based in Sweden, so the actual message was in Swedish which is why I didn’t bother posting it. It was sent on September 15th. I just opened the app and was going to translate the whole message, but actually I can’t log in right now - there’s a message saying the service is under maintenance and to try later. Maybe they’re adding it now?
Old 09-24-2017, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You get the full capabilities. The US has a crippled version of Mercedes Me.

BTW I'm using a test version of Microsoft Edge browser (build 16296) that automatically translates web pages into a selected language. Swedish is no problem.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 292 Likes on 223 Posts
E 300 AMG-Line diesel-Hybrid - 2021
I think you have to first create a profile in the car and save it to the server.
next you go to the website and click on any item that has the box with arrow next to it (like "localise car").
a new 'smaller) window opens.
within this window click top left arrow to go back.
click "vehicle/car" top window.
click personalisation
you will now see your profile and I guess you can alter this
(I have not uploaded a profile so not 100pct sure)
The following users liked this post:
Diesel Benz (09-26-2017)
Old 09-25-2017, 05:02 PM

I think you’re right. Well spotted!
i set up a profile a while ago (because I thought it might do something useful but didn’t). At the time I didn’t see an option to upload to server but maybe it’s there now.

I’d like to see the extent of the changes you can make. I’m guessing it’s limited to comand options but would be great if you could change memory seats. Not quite the key functionality we all want, but it would be a step closer.
Old 09-25-2017, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i never set it up because I didn't see the point, but your post got me thinking... so i'm gonna try it too ;-)

EDIT: I uploaded the profile... but nothing can be done with it other than transfer it to another car...

Last edited by Egonvdv; 09-26-2017 at 04:54 AM.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:31 AM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Weekend: 2010 SL 350 r230 Weekdays: 2018 E220d Coupe
Originally Posted by ua549
You get the full capabilities. The US has a crippled version of Mercedes Me.

BTW I'm using a test version of Microsoft Edge browser (build 16296) that automatically translates web pages into a selected language. Swedish is no problem.
On the other hand, you can start the car remotely - a very useful feature that is lacking in the UK.
Old 12-06-2017, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i only now noticed i received the same message as @Flyingfraudster in my mobile-me email box online.
(dated september 17, but only now seen it.)

it indeed clearly states you can organise your favorites, change the look of the screen and other settings.
Weird

Old 12-06-2017, 12:53 PM

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
2018 E300 Luxury - P3 and more
Originally Posted by arnsbrae
On the other hand, you can start the car remotely - a very useful feature that is lacking in the UK.
BUT... I believe the UK gets the auxiliary furnace / timed climate control option... completely illegal in the USA. Why? The auxiliary furnace burns fuel. The government therefore classifies it as an engine. It gets 0 MPG.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

at last it's here with today's mobile me update

Old 12-15-2017, 11:36 AM

Received 119 Likes on 96 Posts
2018 E400 Coupe
Not on my version of the app, either, but I couldn't care less. How about MB take a lesson from GM and update the app to include useful information, such as:
  • Car's Total mileage
  • Fuel Level
  • MPG (Lifetime)
  • Remaining Range
  • Tire Pressure
  • Oil Level and Remains Life
  • Next Service Due Date
  • etc. etc. etc.
Old 12-15-2017, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i have all that here in france....
The following users liked this post:
Diesel Benz (12-18-2017)
Old 12-15-2017, 02:59 PM

2018 E400 Coupe
Originally Posted by Egonvdv
i have all that here in france....
One more thing to envy about France!

The only functions in the U.S. version of the Mercedes Me app currently available that I find useful are the remote lock (for when I'm worried I forgot to lock the car — previous car was self-locking and so far I haven't gotten use to the change) and the Send2Benz ability to send a destination to the car (redundant with the voice commands, but I can do it from my desk when I'm planning a trip). Locate Vehicle and Horn & Lights may prove useful if I ever forget where I parked or the car gets stolen. Same with Roadside Assistance. Remote Start works for me, but I have no need for it in this climate.

Overall, the Mercedes Me App isn't bad, but it could be a whole lot more useful. I give it 3 out of 5 stars.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by The_Judge
Not on my version of the app, either, but I couldn't care less. How about MB take a lesson from GM and update the app to include useful information, such as:
  • Car's Total mileage
  • Fuel Level
  • MPG (Lifetime)
  • Remaining Range
  • Tire Pressure
  • Oil Level and Remains Life
  • Next Service Due Date
  • etc. etc. etc.
Services Available for the Mercedes me Adapter (not available in US?)

1. My Vehicle – Always know what is going on inside your car or SUV with My Vehicle. This service allows you to take a look at fuel levels, parking time, insurance info, odometer reading and more, all just by firing up your cell phone.
  2. My Journeys – See your recent trips and get an overview of all the stops with My Journeys. With this service, you can also add comments, map distances, and fill out a logbook for next time.
  3. Parking and Locating -This service comes especially handy when you live in a big city. The Parking and Locating system remembers the last place you parked and sends a signal to your phone, as well as allowing you to take pictures of the area and warning you if your meter is close to expiring.
  4. Accident and Breakdown – If you should find yourself in an emergency, the Accident and Breakdown system can reach out for assistance and report any damage to customer support.
  5. My Dealer – The app allows you to get in touch with your Mercedes-Benz Service station of choice easily by phone or email. There is also a Service Appointment Inquiry section that allows you to inquire about appointment questions directly.
  6. Dealer Search – Fire up the app and find the Dealer Search lets you located the nearest Mercedes-Benz Service partner based on your GPS data.
  7. Maintenance Management – Your Mercedes-Benz automatically knows when it’s time to get routine maintenance done, and with the Maintenance Management service, it will provide information to your service partner and get you personalized service offers and appointment times.
  8. Reminders – Use the Reminder service to get alerts on various daily reminders like appointment times.
  9. Refueling – Anytime you fill up your tank, the stops are documented by the Mercedes me Adapter for future reference. The refueling service can also record other info like the price of fuel or a short note.
  10. Cockpit Mode – Keep a close eye on all your vehicle’s important live data such as range, average speed, oil temperature, and more.

Last edited by ua549; 12-15-2017 at 03:12 PM.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:12 PM

2018 E400 Coupe
Get a Mercedes me Adapter.

Services Available for the Mercedes me Adapter
  1. My Vehicle – Always know what is going on inside your car or SUV with My Vehicle. This service allows you to take a look at fuel levels, parking time, insurance info, odometer reading and more, all just by firing up your cell phone.
  2. My Journeys – See your recent trips and get an overview of all the stops with My Journeys. With this service, you can also add comments, map distances, and fill out a logbook for next time.
  3. Parking and Locating -This service comes especially handy when you live in a big city. The Parking and Locating system remembers the last place you parked and sends a signal to your phone, as well as allowing you to take pictures of the area and warning you if your meter is close to expiring.
  4. Accident and Breakdown – If you should find yourself in an emergency, the Accident and Breakdown system can reach out for assistance and report any damage to customer support.
  5. My Dealer – The app allows you to get in touch with your Mercedes-Benz Service station of choice easily by phone or email. There is also a Service Appointment Inquiry section that allows you to inquire about appointment questions directly.
  6. Dealer Search – Fire up the app and find the Dealer Search lets you located the nearest Mercedes-Benz Service partner based on your GPS data.
  7. Maintenance Management – Your Mercedes-Benz automatically knows when it’s time to get routine maintenance done, and with the Maintenance Management service, it will provide information to your service partner and get you personalized service offers and appointment times.
  8. Reminders – Use the Reminder service to get alerts on various daily reminders like appointment times.
  9. Refueling – Anytime you fill up your tank, the stops are documented by the Mercedes me Adapter for future reference. The refueling service can also record other info like the price of fuel or a short note.
  10. Cockpit Mode – Keep a close eye on all your vehicle’s important live data such as range, average speed, oil temperature, and more.
Sounds great! But according to the MB website, it's not available for my 2018 E400, nor is it available in the U.S. Is that incorrect?

Last edited by The_Judge; 12-15-2017 at 03:21 PM.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It is a device that connects to the OBD II connector (not on W213) along with smartphone software. I was still reading the product description when I posted the above.
Unfortunately it won't work on W213 or any US models. I'm sorry I posted before thoroughly researching the product.
https://www.mercedes-benz.com/en/mer...ivity/adapter/
Old 12-15-2017, 03:37 PM

2018 E400 Coupe
It is a device that connects to the OBD II connector (not on W213) along with smartphone software. I was still reading the product description when I posted the above.
Unfortunately it won't work on W213 or any US models. I'm sorry I posted before thoroughly researching the product.
https://www.mercedes-benz.com/en/mer...ivity/adapter/
No harm, no foul!

But the availability of the device and app in Europe does amplify the question to MB, WHY NOT US TOO?
Old 12-15-2017, 04:11 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2018 E300 Lux, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2015 Mercedes ML350 (wife's)
Anyone figure out how to get the heated seats on with remote start? Perhaps if you leave them on the night before?
Old 12-15-2017, 04:19 PM

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 Mercedes E400 wagon (formerly 1995 Honda Accord EX sedan)
Another question about Mercedes me's remote start feature: why does it often decline to start the car, claiming that a window or the sunroof is open, when in fact no window or sunroof is open, but it is a cold day (and therefore a successful remote start would be welcome)?
Old 12-15-2017, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i don't have remote start, but the app indeed sometimes says window/roof/doors are open
Old 12-15-2017, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I've run into the same issue with remote start. I use it to turn on the A/C because it is hot in Florida all year.
Old 12-16-2017, 06:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

in the app under trips there are 3 menus;
trips from start / trips from reset / trips last journey

the last one I can't figure out. - the description says
" last trip describes a journey in the past covering at least 2km. the curent journey is shown here each time the ignition is activated"

yet often it states a trip of only 2km when I've driven much more. - it's like it restarts whenever the stop/go has been activated..?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New feature for Mercedes Me?