E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

USAA Mercedes pricing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 E 350uiso
USAA Mercedes pricing

I used the USAA pricing tool to get a quote from a local Mercedes dealer. The salesman said USAA would not allow them to sell the car less than the quoted price even though the USAA site said Manufacturer was offering $2000 exclusive discount for purchase of E 300..The discount was $4625 on a list price of $60295.

Was the salesman lying? Can you negotiate your best price and then use USAA special discounts or is that included in the guaranteed quote from the dealer?

Any help on how to best use this USAA member incentive would be appreciated. If it is no practical help, let me know that also .
Thanks
Old 12-31-2017, 12:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Volvo XC90
Originally Posted by Ridgepath
I used the USAA pricing tool to get a quote from a local Mercedes dealer. The salesman said USAA would not allow them to sell the car less than the quoted price even though the USAA site said Manufacturer was offering $2000 exclusive discount for purchase of E 300..The discount was $4625 on a list price of $60295.

Was the salesman lying? Can you negotiate your best price and then use USAA special discounts or is that included in the guaranteed quote from the dealer?

Any help on how to best use this USAA member incentive would be appreciated. If it is no practical help, let me know that also .
Thanks
I negotiated a little first then used the discount. I told four dealers give me your best offer including my incentive. I was able to get $8300 off a $65000 build. I thought that was pretty good for it not being a car they had on the lot.
The following users liked this post:
Ridgepath (12-31-2017)
Old 12-31-2017, 12:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2019 E450 4Matic, 2018 E400 Coupe
Your USAA discount is a function of two components: first, the negotiated discount that the dealer gives you out of his margin and, second, the USAA Mercedes Benz discount that, essentially, comes from MB and NOT the dealer. The $4,625 discount equates to about 7% and is no bargain since every dealer will lead with that discount. Don't let the dealer fool you into believing that the USAA Truecar price includes the MB discount. It does not. I've used the USAA discount for many years and it is a real gift.