E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Delivery?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 05:54 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
E300
Delivery?

Received word last week that my E300 is complete, but not yet on the boat. Any thoughts on ETA for delivery? I'm in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 188 Likes on 118 Posts
...21 GLE53 24 GLE53
About 4to 5 weeks if the car is still at the plant.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:10 PM

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts
2018 E300
Originally Posted by Latinnftl
Received word last week that my E300 is complete, but not yet on the boat. Any thoughts on ETA for delivery? I'm in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
You and me both! Ordered a Grey E300 P3 on June 22nd and just got word it's done! We are in Tampa, FL.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:58 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
ES350 E300 GLE350 GMC3500 Duramax
Mine was just built and awaiting a boat so sounds like all will be on the same boat.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:41 PM

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
2018 E300 Luxury - P3 and more
The dealer should have given you a window on that.

I ordered in ~August. VIN shows that it was built/completed on 8 Nov, supposed to be at the dealership at the end of this week / early next (Dec 8-12th).

Delivering to MB Bonita Springs.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:28 AM

E300
Easier to reply to everyone in one message. Firstly, thanks to everyone who responded!! The dealer gave me a window, but not surprisingly, that window has continued to shift. I ordered in Sept and was told 3rd week in Nov build. The sales manager just keeps saying it's "end of November, beginning of December" but I knew that was unlikely given previous experience. The SA confirms it's built and looks "fine in the system", just not shipped. I loved this process with my BMW, because the plant told you every step of the way, I wish MB did this (this is my 2nd MB this way and last time was a whole who-haa with ordering). I'm going to assume it's more likely early January at the earliest. Let's try to remember to post if anyone hears that they're baby is in transit.
The following users liked this post:
dukester34 (12-06-2017)
Old 12-06-2017, 09:57 AM

Easier to reply to everyone in one message. Firstly, thanks to everyone who responded!! The dealer gave me a window, but not surprisingly, that window has continued to shift. I ordered in Sept and was told 3rd week in Nov build. The sales manager just keeps saying it's "end of November, beginning of December" but I knew that was unlikely given previous experience. The SA confirms it's built and looks "fine in the system", just not shipped. I loved this process with my BMW, because the plant told you every step of the way, I wish MB did this (this is my 2nd MB this way and last time was a whole who-haa with ordering). I'm going to assume it's more likely early January at the earliest. Let's try to remember to post if anyone hears that they're baby is in transit.
Unfortunately, the biggest gripe I have with the whole Mercedes experience is how loose their standards are for dealerships. Some of them are worse / shadier than the Buy Here / Pay Here lots on the bad side of town and will tell you anything to make a sale.

With both my 2015 E350 AND 2018 E300 ordered from different dealers, BUT from very professional, experienced salesmen; I was given exact dates. The only thing which is a wildcard is once the car hits the port at the US. Between Customs, VPC, and getting it on a truck, there's a bit of a gray area. BUT, both dealerships kept/keep me up to date on: Car was produced, car being shipped to Bremerhaven, Car on ship (with ship name), VesselFinder.com, Car at port in USA. Car at VPC, Car on truck to dealership.

When they put the order into NetStar, it gives them a 1-week range. This is practically set in stone, barring some major problem with a part. Even then, the cars will usually be produced and put aside to be retrofitted later. Often, they'll even be shipped to the USA like this and the VPC at the port will make the necessary modifications.

If you're getting jerked around, put pressure on your dealer. The order sheet should have listed this information. Take note of the first post in this thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...4-ordered.html He didn't include the second page photo, but in his message he mentions the key information which the dealer should have been able to provide you.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by BeachBunny
The dealer should have given you a window on that.

I ordered in ~August. VIN shows that it was built/completed on 8 Nov, supposed to be at the dealership at the end of this week / early next (Dec 8-12th).

Delivering to MB Bonita Springs.
Mine was also ordered in August and has had several production dates and early on was issued a VIN number. I have been told it is finally built and is awaiting transport. Baltimore will probably be the port for delivery. Also assured that it has the screens as ordered and not substituted analog system Supposedly P02.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:12 AM

If you can get a VIN# from the dealership, you can punch it into: http://carinfo.kiev.ua/cars/vin/mercedes/vin_check and it'll show you everything on the car.
Some lines to look for which are relevant to this thread:

Delivery Date -- this is when the car was released from the factory and ready for sale/shipping.
Code 464 -- INSTRUMENT CLUSTER 12.3 " DIAGONAL MEASUREMENT

If it has an analog dash, there will be no 464.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:13 AM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
none yet
tell the dealer to print your net star page and give it to you page one shows a code if you look at mine on my post ordered it shows a4 also the second page shows dates etc then you will know
Old 12-06-2017, 10:20 AM

E300
Originally Posted by BeachBunny
Unfortunately, the biggest gripe I have with the whole Mercedes experience is how loose their standards are for dealerships. Some of them are worse / shadier than the Buy Here / Pay Here lots on the bad side of town and will tell you anything to make a sale.

With both my 2015 E350 AND 2018 E300 ordered from different dealers, BUT from very professional, experienced salesmen; I was given exact dates. The only thing which is a wildcard is once the car hits the port at the US. Between Customs, VPC, and getting it on a truck, there's a bit of a gray area. BUT, both dealerships kept/keep me up to date on: Car was produced, car being shipped to Bremerhaven, Car on ship (with ship name), VesselFinder.com, Car at port in USA. Car at VPC, Car on truck to dealership.

When they put the order into NetStar, it gives them a 1-week range. This is practically set in stone, barring some major problem with a part. Even then, the cars will usually be produced and put aside to be retrofitted later. Often, they'll even be shipped to the USA like this and the VPC at the port will make the necessary modifications.

If you're getting jerked around, put pressure on your dealer. The order sheet should have listed this information. Take note of the first post in this thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...4-ordered.html He didn't include the second page photo, but in his message he mentions the key information which the dealer should have been able to provide you.
THank you BeachBunny! I found the info on the second page: Est. Prod Date: 2017/11/2D; Decade Planned: 17/10-2; Decaded Scheduled: 17/11-2
Old 12-06-2017, 05:06 PM

As someone suggested the earlier VIN number on my netstar sheet isn't valid I guess due to the production delays as it won't come up on the carinfo site. Now guess I have to wait for a bit for delivery.
This is my first MB as been a "L" person. I have driven several and ridden in others. One that I recall driving back from Florida had to be a "reject" as was one of the worst driving cars at speed but was one of the dreaded SUV models not a sedan. I hope the car experience will be better than the ordering experience. My recent 3500 Denali was also much delayed due to the new generation diesel so I guess production delays just follow me.
Old 12-06-2017, 05:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,466 Likes on 1,147 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
Originally Posted by robert c
As someone suggested the earlier VIN number on my netstar sheet isn't valid I guess due to the production delays as it won't come up on the carinfo site. Now guess I have to wait for a bit for delivery.
This is my first MB as been a "L" person. I have driven several and ridden in others. One that I recall driving back from Florida had to be a "reject" as was one of the worst driving cars at speed but was one of the dreaded SUV models not a sedan. I hope the car experience will be better than the ordering experience. My recent 3500 Denali was also much delayed due to the new generation diesel so I guess production delays just follow me.
That database may not be up to date. Try this site:

https://www.datamb.com/

Or if it's not built yet, that's probably why it's not there. I suppose if someone here had EPC-net access, that should access a live database so it'd be the most up to date. That costs $75 in the US for a one year subscription though.
Old 12-06-2017, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by cetialpha5
That database may not be up to date. Try this site:

https://www.datamb.com/

Or if it's not built yet, that's probably why it's not there. I suppose if someone here had EPC-net access, that should access a live database so it'd be the most up to date. That costs $75 in the US for a one year subscription though.
the VIN number issued in early October didn't come in here either
Old 12-07-2017, 08:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 770 Likes on 608 Posts
I don't think the VIN's are entered in the data base until the vehicle reaches the VPC. That's when mine showed up.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:24 AM

E300
Seems like we are destined for a 2018 delivery. Wondering if there's any pattern or regularity as to when the cars ship? Also with BMW there were "black out" dates when nothing happened at the factory (holidays, etc.). Will any of those affect us as we get closer to the end of the year.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:44 PM

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts
2018 E300
Seems like we are destined for a 2018 delivery. Wondering if there's any pattern or regularity as to when the cars ship? Also with BMW there were "black out" dates when nothing happened at the factory (holidays, etc.). Will any of those affect us as we get closer to the end of the year.
You don't think our cars will make it to the dealer by Christmas?
Old 12-07-2017, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by NFAREVIEW
Mine was ordered early in August but with several delays is now ready for the boat ride. No, I am looking for a January 1 delivery not sure of boat schedules
Old 12-07-2017, 03:52 PM

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
2018 E400 4matic Wagon
Originally Posted by NFAREVIEW
I would say the chances of that are slim to none. I learned that my wife's E400 wagon is built and at the port in Germany so our cars will probably be on the same ship. But remember, even if the ship sailed today (Dec 7), it takes about 15 days to get to Baltimore, which brings us to Dec 22. Then a few days to unload, customs, VPC and then a carrier to your dealer. The last 4 steps will not get done in 3 days. My salesman said first week of January, and I think that's a bit optimistic.
Old 12-07-2017, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 770 Likes on 608 Posts
Allow 2 weeks on the water to US East coast, a week at the VPC plus transit by truck to wherever you are. YMMV
Old 12-08-2017, 08:37 AM

E300
Yeah. Based on the feedback from others I’m guessing 2018.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:23 AM
fvc

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
2008 Porsche Cayman S, 2018 E400 4-matic Coupe
Ask your dealer for your VIN. Then go here: https://www.2wglobal.com/ and click on "Track and trace".
Then enter the VIN in the last box on the right (cargo ID). This will show your shipping status.
Click on the Voyage Number to find the callsign for your ship. Then go to http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/search.phtml
and search for your callsign. Now you can stalk your car as it crosses the ocean!

Mine is due in Baltimore this weekend, but I expect it will be at least a week before it makes it to me in upstate NY.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:38 AM

I think the car is on the Don Carlos that has sailed from BremerhavenYippee headed to Baltimore
Old 12-08-2017, 03:59 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
2019 E450 Coupe & 2018 E400 Sedan with P3.
I checked on my order today at dealer. Status is produced not shipped according to the dealer. Dealer is confident it will be here around Xmas. Dealer also confirmed it has P3. I just tried to find the ship, vin number did not find it so I assume mine still hasn’t been assigned to a boat.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:20 PM

E300
Heard from dealer. Mine has left port and is sailing over.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Delivery?