E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Bad Radio Reception and Beeping sound from outside

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 09:04 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 E300
Bad Radio Reception and Beeping sound from outside

My car was in an accident and the body shop had to replace the whole left side of the car (fender, driver's, driver's rear door shells and rear quarter panel). Just got my car back last Friday and noticed my FM and AM reception kept cutting out. I took it back to the shop and they checked the connection and did not find anything.
And just today I came home and keep hearing a beep sound coming from the outside of the car (about every 5 minutes).
Anyone ran into this problem with the w213?
Thank you for any input.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:58 PM

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
2018 E400 4matic Wagon
Originally Posted by Tom T
My car was in an accident and the body shop had to replace the whole left side of the car (fender, driver's, driver's rear door shells and rear quarter panel). Just got my car back last Friday and noticed my FM and AM reception kept cutting out. I took it back to the shop and they checked the connection and did not find anything.
And just today I came home and keep hearing a beep sound coming from the outside of the car (about every 5 minutes).
Anyone ran into this problem with the w213?
Thank you for any input.
Are you sure the beeping is coming from the car itself? When our S211 wagon was new, my wife called the dealer about beeping that she thought was from the car. Turns out, the battery on the garage door opener was low and it was beeping to indicate that it was time for a replacement.
The following users liked this post:
Tom T (02-20-2018)
Old 02-20-2018, 08:47 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 E300
Thank you. I was going to post about the beeping sound. I found out the next day that the sound was not the Mercedes. Indeed it was the garage door back up battery.
And for the radio reception, dealership found a loose connection on the driver's c pillar and did a firmware update on the radio.