MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W213) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213-208/)
-   -   w213 e200 Subwoofer not working (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213/710320-w213-e200-subwoofer-not-working.html)

eclassw213 06-10-2018 06:18 AM

w213 e200 Subwoofer not working

Hi All.,
I am new to the forum although i keep on reading very interesting posts from the members :)
I just bought a w213 eclass 2017. It is installed with the standard basic audio system which has one subwoofer installed near the foot of driver side. I can hear no bass in the system was dissappointing, but the i figured the subwoofer is not working. If i touch it i cannot feel any vibration nor the speaker seems to move at all. I already checked the fuse box. All seems to be in order. Is there some setting i need to check. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Richard 06-10-2018 06:57 AM

Its wired between the + of one side and the - of the other side's front speakers. So if your other front speakers are working it should. Unless it came unplugged, so just check the plug on the speaker

Richard

eclassw213 06-10-2018 07:04 AM

Thanks

Hi
well i checked the plug is inserted properly. So no loose wires.Its a new car so i doubt the subwoofer speaker is broken. And yes all other speakers are working as well. 4 in front doors + 2 back doors. Seems to be a Very strange problem..

jhpmbusa 06-10-2018 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by eclassw213 (Post 7475163)
Hi
well i checked the plug is inserted properly. So no loose wires.Its a new car so i doubt the subwoofer speaker is broken. And yes all other speakers are working as well. 4 in front doors + 2 back doors. Seems to be a Very strange problem..

might sound like a dumb question - but did you checked to see if bass is up instead of at zero?

eclassw213 06-11-2018 01:13 AM

:D. Yes ofcourse i did check that. All the bass seems to be adding to the door mid range speakers.

Nik_Ind 05-02-2019 05:53 AM

Hello! I don't mean to hijack your thread, but were you able to resolve this? Also, can you/someone suggest where I can find details of the speakers in a standard Audio 20 (NTG 5.5, W213) (impedance, power, size, etc.)?

mercedes.fan 05-02-2019 02:03 PM

It has front bass, its integrated in the firewall. Standard audio is very bad so might just be that.

Costi Nuica 08-14-2019 02:02 PM

Woofer problem

Originally Posted by eclassw213 (Post 7475647)
:D. Yes ofcourse i did check that. All the bass seems to be adding to the door mid range speakers.

Hello!
Did you solve the problem with your woofer? I have same problem.

Faniskogen 09-03-2019 02:05 PM

If the car Is left hand driven, the sub is at the passenger side firewall.
There is a speaker over the drivers feet that is visible, but I'm quite sure that one are only used for the beeps and stuff.
I thought that was the woofer to first. But in my left hand driven car, the woofer was behind the carpet at the passenger sides firewall.

I have had some custom sound system installed in my car which I plan to write a thread about. Replaced woofer, door speakers, installed audison prima dsp/amp and 2x8" woofer in trunk (estate w213). Work done by shop though so can't give much instructions of how it was done. But I had to do some research of suitable speakers and woofer and the placement for these myself.

Sound is really really good now!

jimjohnjames 12-03-2020 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by Faniskogen (Post 7844733)
If the car Is left hand driven, the sub is at the passenger side firewall.
There is a speaker over the drivers feet that is visible, but I'm quite sure that one are only used for the beeps and stuff.
I thought that was the woofer to first. But in my left hand driven car, the woofer was behind the carpet at the passenger sides firewall.

I have had some custom sound system installed in my car which I plan to write a thread about. Replaced woofer, door speakers, installed audison prima dsp/amp and 2x8" woofer in trunk (estate w213). Work done by shop though so can't give much instructions of how it was done. But I had to do some research of suitable speakers and woofer and the placement for these myself.

Sound is really really good now!

Tja faniskogen,

Did you do the upgrade? I'm in Stockholm too and want to do this upgrade as well as a widescreen retrofit.