E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

2019 E Sedan build dates

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 11:31 AM

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts
2022 GLE 450 (Black on Black)
Hi DannyMBinNJ. I don't know what has happened to MB with regards to their manufacturing quality control in some of their models. But having worked for our local MB dealership doing quality control previously, I can tell you what I have found out in my walking around their lot recently in examining their newly delivered vehicles recently:

On the C and GLE's (ML) classes, their fit and finish is truly outstanding. However, on the E class sedan and at time the GLE's 43, there is a lot of room for improvement: door trims do not align specially at their driver and front passenger doors. The trunks are sometimes way out of alignment, and recently their hoods are the same- with wide gaps from the front firewall to the grill. Why someone at the factory or VPC or during the dealer PDI's inspections are not addressed is baffling. Some will tell you that 99% of the buyers do not look at these issues, but when you are paying the lease or purchase price for an MB, you should expect the "Best or Nothing." My last 2018 E400 was truly a challenge in terms of their overall body trims (internal and external). Our dealer had been super in addressing all my issues and at the end MB re-purchased our car without much hesitation. Kudos to them. Bottom line, you need to inspect your car very carefully without your salesperson present. Once you find and issue, bring it to them and see what their re-action will be. Our recent car was taken to our body shop for evaluation and was determined that the door would have to been removed and work done to the trim piece. An option that I would not have accepted. But they tried and were very professional in handling my wishes to decline delivery. Hopefully, I have answered your concerns and wish you the best.

Last edited by haibieb; 09-13-2018 at 11:33 AM.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by sackboydad

oh man! I feel for you! Not right after she bought it, but my wife has a 2016 GMC Yukon Denali and about 9 months ago, she was driving through a construction zone and ran over a busted-up temporary concrete barrier that someone earlier had it. There was no way to see the pieces. It utterly destroyed one of the wheels and shredded it’s tire. Cost $2100 to replace the wheel, tire and align everything again.
Sorry for the delayed response. Someone cut the internet line and we've been without service for a couple hours.

I have a few words for you as you take delivery: WHEEL AND TIRE INSURANCE. I know many poo poo it, but on my C300, it saved me a bundle. If you're getting the 19" wheels, the tire sidewalls are reduced, thus the tires are easier to blow and and the wheels easier to ding and bend. My boss who owns a 2016 S550, chose to to not get the warranty on his S Class. Thus far, he's spent more than double the cost of the insurance on replacing bent wheels and tires that got a buldge on the sidewall, which can't be fixed.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:29 PM

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
2019 E450 Cabriolet, 2020 GLS450
Originally Posted by rbrylaw
Sorry for the delayed response. Someone cut the internet line and we've been without service for a couple hours.

I have a few words for you as you take delivery: WHEEL AND TIRE INSURANCE. I know many poo poo it, but on my C300, it saved me a bundle. If you're getting the 19" wheels, the tire sidewalls are reduced, thus the tires are easier to blow and and the wheels easier to ding and bend. My boss who owns a 2016 S550, chose to to not get the warranty on his S Class. Thus far, he's spent more than double the cost of the insurance on replacing bent wheels and tires that got a buldge on the sidewall, which can't be fixed.
I appreciate the recommendation. I if you've been following my other thread about whether the new giant iPhone will fit in the cupholders, I went to test out that very thing in a sedan (no coupes or cabs) at the dealer. My SA strongly recommended the tire and wheel and the "clear bra". I wanted to ask people here about the "clear bra". Said the bra thing was about $1K and didn't have a price n the wheel and tire but said it was about the same or less.

Yes, I'll get the wheel and tire as I do have the 19" AMG wheels.

Thanks
Old 09-13-2018, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I appreciate the recommendation. I if you've been following my other thread about whether the new giant iPhone will fit in the cupholders, I went to test out that very thing in a sedan (no coupes or cabs) at the dealer. My SA strongly recommended the tire and wheel and the "clear bra". I wanted to ask people here about the "clear bra". Said the bra thing was about $1K and didn't have a price n the wheel and tire but said it was about the same or less.

Yes, I'll get the wheel and tire as I do have the 19" AMG wheels.

Thanks
My now traded C300 had zero chips in the front. I've never bought a clear bra for any of my cars. I supposed I'm taking my chances, but to me it's an expense not really worth the price of admission. I wouldn't buy a clear bra anyway. If you do want to go that route, I'd look for an aftermarket dealer who uses 3M wraps. In your area, there should be many places who wrap cars and they likely use the very durable 3M films that are very difficult to ding.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 771 Likes on 609 Posts
My now traded C300 had zero chips in the front. I've never bought a clear bra for any of my cars. I supposed I'm taking my chances, but to me it's an expense not really worth the price of admission. I wouldn't buy a clear bra anyway. If you do want to go that route, I'd look for an aftermarket dealer who uses 3M wraps. In your area, there should be many places who wrap cars and they likely use the very durable 3M films that are very difficult to ding.
That's exactly what I think about wheel & tire insurance. Over many decades of driving I have never bent or broken a wheel or replaced a tire for any reason other than wear - until my current E300 with run flat tires. When tire replacement is necessary I'll buy standard tires that can be easily repaired.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ua549
That's exactly what I think about wheel & tire insurance. Over many decades of driving I have never bent or broken a wheel or replaced a tire for any reason other than wear - until my current E300 with run flat tires. When tire replacement is necessary I'll buy standard tires that can be easily repaired.
You and I have already had this discussion, but I wound up using the Wheel and Tire insurance on my C300 over the 3 year period and I came out ahead by a few hundred dollars. Insurance isn't always going to pay off. I've never made a claim for any house I've ever owned, yet over the years, I've spent untold $$Thousands on having the insurance in case I need it.
Old 09-13-2018, 01:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 e450w4 Sedan

oh my Gosh! First I hope neither was hurt. But ouch!
No one was hurt..just an ego that the bf was a better driver. Clearly she will never let him drive her car again. LOL
Old 09-13-2018, 01:18 PM

2019 e450w4 Sedan
Originally Posted by haibieb
Hi DannyMBinNJ. I don't know what has happened to MB with regards to their manufacturing quality control in some of their models. But having worked for our local MB dealership doing quality control previously, I can tell you what I have found out in my walking around their lot recently in examining their newly delivered vehicles recently:

On the C and GLE's (ML) classes, their fit and finish is truly outstanding. However, on the E class sedan and at time the GLE's 43, there is a lot of room for improvement: door trims do not align specially at their driver and front passenger doors. The trunks are sometimes way out of alignment, and recently their hoods are the same- with wide gaps from the front firewall to the grill. Why someone at the factory or VPC or during the dealer PDI's inspections are not addressed is baffling. Some will tell you that 99% of the buyers do not look at these issues, but when you are paying the lease or purchase price for an MB, you should expect the "Best or Nothing." My last 2018 E400 was truly a challenge in terms of their overall body trims (internal and external). Our dealer had been super in addressing all my issues and at the end MB re-purchased our car without much hesitation. Kudos to them. Bottom line, you need to inspect your car very carefully without your salesperson present. Once you find and issue, bring it to them and see what their re-action will be. Our recent car was taken to our body shop for evaluation and was determined that the door would have to been removed and work done to the trim piece. An option that I would not have accepted. But they tried and were very professional in handling my wishes to decline delivery. Hopefully, I have answered your concerns and wish you the best.
Thank you!! Does misalignment equate to repaired damage that occurred somewhere from manufacturing to deliver? or just the way the car was built? In most cases, would you say it's an easy inhouse fix or not worth taking delivery? Thanks again.
Old 09-13-2018, 01:22 PM

2019 e450w4 Sedan
GUESS WHO JUST GOT A CALL...MEEEEEE I'M OFFICIALLY BACK TO D5...BUT GET THIS Both my sales guy and my finance guy are on vacation until next week. They are afraid that if someone unfamiliar with the order takes over, it's gonna get messed up. Do I risk it and get it this weekend (a lot easier for me to get out there, inspect it, and be trained) or take a day off from work and wait for my regular guys?

Last edited by DannyMBinNJ; 09-13-2018 at 01:28 PM.
Old 09-13-2018, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by DannyMBinNJ
GUESS WHO JUST GOT A CALL...MEEEEEE I'M OFFICIALLY BACK TO D5...BUT GET THIS Both my sales guy and my finance guy are on vacation until next week. They are afraid that if someone unfamiliar with the order takes over, it's gonna get messed up. Do I risk it and get it this weekend (a lot easier for me to get out there, inspect it, and be trained) or take a day off from work and wait for my regular guys?
GET IT. Before someone makes a mistake. Certainly the new car sales manager can take care of getting you with the right people to take delivery.
Old 09-13-2018, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 289 Likes on 202 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
What kind of Mercedes dealership is this that can't handle a delivery because the person that sold you the car is on holiday?

M
Old 09-13-2018, 01:44 PM

Unfortunately just because it’s D5 doesn’t mean it will necessarily get here before next week. My dealer has 5 cars that went D5 last night, including mine. He said while sometimes they go out the same day, sometimes they don’t. He said he’ll be looking all day for the email that he says is automatically generated when the carrier truck leaves. He hasn’t texted me yet, so I assume it hasn’t happened yet
Old 09-13-2018, 02:04 PM

2019 e450w4 Sedan

Unfortunately just because it’s D5 doesn’t mean it will necessarily get here before next week. My dealer has 5 cars that went D5 last night, including mine. He said while sometimes they go out the same day, sometimes they don’t. He said he’ll be looking all day for the email that he says is automatically generated when the carrier truck leaves. He hasn’t texted me yet, so I assume it hasn’t happened yet
Why are you pissing in my cheerios?!?! LOL...you are right. He said they have 48 hours to pick it up and deliver it. My finance guy, who i have a great relationship with, is working hard to throw in some extras without charge...something the other guy probably won't do. My original salesperson had an emergency operation and they don't know when/if he's returning. The new guy is on it, but he's trying to be the dealer hero and make as much money off me. Until it's in their possession, I inspect, and sign on the dotted line, I am not holding my breathe...but they claimed it should be here Sunday.
Old 09-13-2018, 02:07 PM

Why are you pissing in my cheerios?!?! LOL...you are right. He said they have 48 hours to pick it up and deliver it. My finance guy, who i have a great relationship with, is working hard to throw in some extras without charge...something the other guy probably won't do. My original salesperson had an emergency operation and they don't know when/if he's returning. The new guy is on it, but he's trying to be the dealer hero and make as much money off me. Until it's in their possession, I inspect, and sign on the dotted line, I am not holding my breathe...but they claimed it should be here Sunday.
damn. My mb dealership isn’t open on Sunday
Old 09-13-2018, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

damn. My mb dealership isn’t open on Sunday
WHATT????? What kind of rinky dinky dealership you dealing with there buddy? My dealer is open 7 days a week and if they could be open 24 hours a day, I'm sure they'd do it.
Old 09-13-2018, 02:14 PM

WHATT????? What kind of rinky dinky dealership you dealing with there buddy? My dealer is open 7 days a week and if they could be open 24 hours a day, I'm sure they'd do it.
Don’t matter anyhow 😬. I leave for a week Sunday morning. Unless it gets here today or tomorrow, I am SOL for a week.
Old 09-13-2018, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Don’t matter anyhow 😬. I leave for a week Sunday morning. Unless it gets here today or tomorrow, I am SOL for a week.
Fingers, toes, eyes, arms and legs crossed it does come before you leave.
Old 09-13-2018, 02:19 PM

Fingers, toes, eyes, arms and legs crossed it does come before you leave.
Danke
Old 09-13-2018, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 289 Likes on 202 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
That is controlled by the state I believe. Dealer here in Dallas TX aren't open on Sundays. Back home in Chicago they're not open on Sunday either.

M
Old 09-13-2018, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Germancar1
That is controlled by the state I believe. Dealer here in Dallas TX aren't open on Sundays. Back home in Chicago they're not open on Sunday either.

M
Thanks. I had to go look it up and saw that in Texas, they are still governed by "blue laws" which prohibits car sales (among other things) from taking place on Sundays.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 771 Likes on 609 Posts
When I last visited Detroit (within city limits) all car dealers closed at 5 pm and were closed on Saturday and Sunday. Outside the city limits dealers were open late and on weekends.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:52 PM

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
2014 Mercedes E Class
2019 E450 Coupe - I got it!

Finally got it and I’m in love with it! Here are a few pics:

The following users liked this post:
Germancar1 (09-13-2018)
Old 09-13-2018, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BigDeeLA

OMG!! It's simply B E A U T I F U L!!!! May you drive in happiness and great health! Congratulations!!
Old 09-13-2018, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by BigDeeLA

very very nice!!!! Is it blue or grey? One of the pictures it oooks blue, but maybe it’s bad white balance on the camera for that picture.

Was hoping to hear from ny SA that the truck left the VPC, but no joy it looks like for today 😩.

Maybe a delivery tomorrow and pickup Saturday — although it’s going to be tough doing a proper test drive and inspection with 40mph winds and rain.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

very very nice!!!! Is it blue or grey? One of the pictures it oooks blue, but maybe it’s bad white balance on the camera for that picture.

Was hoping to hear from ny SA that the truck left the VPC, but no joy it looks like for today 😩.

Maybe a delivery tomorrow and pickup Saturday — although it’s going to be tough doing a proper test drive and inspection with 40mph winds and rain.
It looks like Selenite Gray Metallic to me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2019 E Sedan build dates