MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W213) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213-208/)
-   -   2019 E Sedan build dates (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213/713259-2019-e-sedan-build-dates.html)

KingScrubs 07-09-2018 01:42 AM

2019 E Sedan build dates

Has anyone’s 2019 E Class sedan/saloons been assigned a build date yet? My dealership doesn’t seem to know much about it and we haven’t had a build date assigned to our E450 yet. I’ve seen that cabriolet and coupes have been built for some people already but haven’t heard much about the sedan.

Bfgslkman 07-09-2018 07:08 AM

All 213 models built since 01 Jun 19 are 809 (model year 19) cars. However, as alluded to in previous related posts, the pressure on MB is to comply with new WLTP Euro 6d TEMP exhaust emission limits which means that 808 (MY18) cars can't be registered after 01 Sep 18 in adopting countries. Becasue this is affecting all manufacturers and all petrol and diesel models need re-certifying before sale, manufacturers are concentrating on their big volume sellers through test certification (which is National run and maxed out). So for MB in Germany and Europe that means E220d/E400d (which were already certified when released in the new CLS) and 4 cylinder petrol models. Other models will be released to sale when they have been certified; I think that the 450 petrol was only released for sales via German dealers late Jun for delivery from Sep. We don't get this engine in UK so don't know if other countries which do have the order book open yet.

However, you can be assured all 213 and 238 models going down the line since 01 Jun 18 in Stuttgart and Bremen respectively are 809 models.

AZEZ 07-09-2018 01:29 PM

If we made a 2019 E53 AMG order (USA) what can I ask my dealer to do for updates? In other words, can my dealer tell me where my car is on production line? Can my dealer give me updates on preliminary anticipated manufacturer delivery dates? Also I see on the order guide that warmth and comfort package has delayed delivery, but when making my order my dealer told me I had to have W&C if I wanted Driver Assist package. first, is that right, did I really need W&C to get DA? And if so, then is my E53AMG going to be delayed? My dealer didnt really seem well informed when making my order so Im just wondering what I can do and ask for in order to get better information or to guide my dealer to become more well informed. Thank.

visualguy 07-09-2018 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by KingScrubs (Post 7497469)
Has anyone’s 2019 E Class sedan/saloons been assigned a build date yet? My dealership doesn’t seem to know much about it and we haven’t had a build date assigned to our E450 yet. I’ve seen that cabriolet and coupes have been built for some people already but haven’t heard much about the sedan.

Some E450 sedans have been built and shipped to the US, but no one knows when they'll be certified or released to the dealers.

visualguy 07-09-2018 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by AZEZ (Post 7497817)
If we made a 2019 E53 AMG order (USA) what can I ask my dealer to do for updates? In other words, can my dealer tell me where my car is on production line? Can my dealer give me updates on preliminary anticipated manufacturer delivery dates? Also I see on the order guide that warmth and comfort package has delayed delivery, but when making my order my dealer told me I had to have W&C if I wanted Driver Assist package. first, is that right, did I really need W&C to get DA? And if so, then is my E53AMG going to be delayed? My dealer didnt really seem well informed when making my order so Im just wondering what I can do and ask for in order to get better information or to guide my dealer to become more well informed. Thank.

They can tell you where the car is in the process (built, shipped, arrived at the port, etc.) However, they typically have no idea when you will actually get it because it can be stuck at the port for an unpredictable period of time waiting for certifications, official release, or some modifications that need to be done before it can be delivered. Long waits at the port are particularly common at the beginning of the model year of a new model.

SoCalRick 07-09-2018 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by AZEZ (Post 7497817)
... my dealer told me I had to have W&C if I wanted Driver Assist package. first, is that right, did I really need W&C to get DA? And if so, then is my E53AMG going to be delayed?

Are you in the US? If so, the W&C package is completely separate from the DA package (and there is no required dependency). Here is an excerpt from the Dealer Order Guide dated 06/07/2018:

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...6a6438e418.png

Excerpt from W213 MY 2019 E Class Sedan DOG dtd 06/07/2018

Please note that there is a separate DA package (990) for AMG Perf Seats, but it also does not include/require the W&C package.

I don't have much info on delays that may be caused by certain package selection. For the E53, the DOG warns about delayed availability for the AMG Night Package (521) and the AMG LED Crest Projectors (25A), and says there is limited availability of the HUD (463).

Hope this helps.
-SCR

KingScrubs 07-09-2018 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by visualguy (Post 7497922)
Some E450 sedans have been built and shipped to the US, but no one knows when they'll be certified or released to the dealers.

That’s interesting since we placed a deposit back in May but my dealership didn’t place the order into the system until June and now they have no idea when it’ll be approved by MB Canada to be built. I hope there’s no delays since they said when I was placing the order that the luxury suspension might not be available.

visualguy 07-09-2018 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by KingScrubs (Post 7498102)
That’s interesting since we placed a deposit back in May but my dealership didn’t place the order into the system until June and now they have no idea when it’ll be approved by MB Canada to be built. I hope there’s no delays since they said when I was placing the order that the luxury suspension might not be available.

I don't know about Canada, but E450 sedans for the US market started production in early June, and a few just arrived in the US or are about to arrive as I mentioned. It may still be a month or two (or more) before customers actually get them, though. Anyway, good luck with your E450. The whole thing is a pretty frustrating process - availability of build slots, availability of options, delays in certification and release, etc. You need a lot of patience. Sometimes the car arrives damaged, or the dealer damages it (happened to me), and you have to start the process again which is extremely frustrating...

tombon 07-09-2018 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by KingScrubs (Post 7497469)
Has anyone’s 2019 E Class sedan/saloons been assigned a build date yet?

I ordered an E450 in mid June for European Delivery and have been promised a delivery (pick up) date of 10/5.

KingScrubs 07-10-2018 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by visualguy (Post 7498129)
I don't know about Canada, but E450 sedans for the US market started production in early June, and a few just arrived in the US or are about to arrive as I mentioned. It may still be a month or two (or more) before customers actually get them, though. Anyway, good luck with your E450. The whole thing is a pretty frustrating process - availability of build slots, availability of options, delays in certification and release, etc. You need a lot of patience. Sometimes the car arrives damaged, or the dealer damages it (happened to me), and you have to start the process again which is extremely frustrating...

Sorry to hear that happened, that must’ve been frustrating. We usually just purchase whatever is on the dealers lot but a lot of E Classes here aren’t well equipped, most usually just have premium package and nothing else. We wanted the designo beige interior since it’s around $2400 USD in Canada compared to $4900 in USA and I could only find one vehicle in the whole country with it back in September. It was a 2017 E300 with 1600km on it already and it was a demo vehicle 300km away. The dealership wanted $82,000 for it when a new one retailed with those same specs for $83,000. I told them to bring it down to around $72,000 and they weren’t budging and said they were doing me a favour by offering it to me for $79,999. It was on the lot for at least 6 months so I didn’t bother buying it from them, and I don’t think it has sold yet.

KingScrubs 07-10-2018 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by tombon (Post 7498313)
I ordered an E450 in mid June for European Delivery and have been promised a delivery (pick up) date of 10/5.

So from this I’m guessing mine will probably be built around late September/October and if there’s no delays hopefully receive it by December. I’ll probably get paint protection done and get winter tires and rims since winter gets pretty bad here in December.

JTK44 07-10-2018 04:32 PM

Just my $.02: paint protection unless it is clear vinyl film that is applied is a waste of money: Paint sealers were exposed many years ago to be nothing better than a wax job. Better to just wax your car each spring.. Winter tires with rims makes life a lot easier!

keong8867 07-11-2018 02:04 AM

How do check the realy built date for the car ? I cant find any plate on the car , I only can check the VIN number on website to knowing my car is release and delivery on JUNE 2017 . But my car is bought on 2018, dealer also tell me the car is built in march 2018 .How can I confirm this ?

guhvies 07-11-2018 03:35 AM

I think there a plate on the door frame on the driver's side that has this info. The VIN decoded should also list this. The Monroney sticker also should list this.

keong8867 07-11-2018 06:12 AM

door is only a sticker on there ,it's only the VIN number , no any date on it

Bfgslkman 07-11-2018 10:11 AM

Different countries/territories different rules. The NAS versions have to state the build month on the VIN sticker and they also have a different VIN format from European cars.

ua549 07-11-2018 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by keong8867 (Post 7499253)
How do check the realy built date for the car ? I cant find any plate on the car , I only can check the VIN number on website to knowing my car is release and delivery on JUNE 2017 . But my car is bought on 2018, dealer also tell me the car is built in march 2018 .How can I confirm this ?

The car model year is part of the VIN which you have. Do you really believe that your car is a 2017 model instead of a 2018 model? There is no meaningful difference between cars built in different months as long as they are the same model year.

Bfgslkman 07-11-2018 11:09 AM

If you get the data card you will see if it says 807 or 808 and you will know if it's an MY 17 or 18. As said there is no difference between the two unlike 808 to 809.👍

keong8867 07-11-2018 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bfgslkman (Post 7499474)
If you get the data card you will see if it says 807 or 808 and you will know if it's an MY 17 or 18. As said there is no difference between the two unlike 808 to 809.👍

where to get that data card? Do I have it?

ECGC 07-11-2018 08:23 PM

This is my first post here. I ordered an E 450 on April 5. I was told the build would be the first week of June. No delivery date indicated. I ordered all the electronic stuff including HUD. Hoping for late August/early September. I was told all USA E450 are 4Matic. Is this true?

JTK44 07-11-2018 08:27 PM

From the ordering guide, all 2019 E450 for the US are 4Matic.

visualguy 07-11-2018 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by ECGC (Post 7499929)
This is my first post here. I ordered an E 450 on April 5. I was told the build would be the first week of June. No delivery date indicated. I ordered all the electronic stuff including HUD. Hoping for late August/early September. I was told all USA E450 are 4Matic. Is this true?

Yes - they're all 4MATIC.

Where did you get late August/early September, or are you just estimating?

ECGC 07-11-2018 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by visualguy (Post 7499934)
Yes - they're all 4MATIC.

Where did you get late August/early September, or are you just estimating?

This is what the dealer has "indicated". I really don't know for sure.

visualguy 07-11-2018 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by ECGC (Post 7499938)
This is what the dealer has "indicated". I really don't know for sure.

If the build date was early June, then the car should be in the US already or arriving in the next few days. You can ask your dealer about status. If they release it only in late August or in September, your car will be sitting at the port for a month and half or two months.

ECGC 07-11-2018 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by visualguy (Post 7499957)
If the build date was early June, then the car should be in the US already or arriving in the next few days. You can ask your dealer about status. If they release it only in late August or in September, your car will be sitting at the port for a month and half or two months.

During the first week of June I emailed the dealer asking for status. She said the car was "in production" and would keep me posted. I am hoping for at least an early Sept delivery so I can drive it on a planned trip late Sept.