E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Ordered a 2019 E450 Today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 10:28 PM

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
2019 e63s
Honestly, In just under 3 years it’s been cleaned once. A friend of mine worked at a mobile car wash and I asked him to see what he could do. I forget exactly what he said he used but it looked amazing. It was just a small area that needed cleaning. I’m actually very surprised how well they held up for 3 years. They aren’t cooled though. It’s that quilted diamond stitching so no perforations. A few weeks ago I spilled something on the passenger seat and I just used a Lysol wipe to clean it. Looks fine. I wouldn’t worry much about the seats.
Old 07-28-2018, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
We picked up the E300 today. It's really an amazing car and my partner couldn't be happier with the acceleration, even with the 4 twin turbo. The ride is so smooth and all the tech amazing. We had nano tint put on the windows and they treated the car with ResistAll inside and out (but they didn't charge for the treatment and it comes with a 5 year warranty). Here are a couple pics:

Last edited by rbrylaw; 07-28-2018 at 11:25 PM.
Old 07-29-2018, 03:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 GL 350 blue tec
Congratulation looks sweet!!
The following users liked this post:
rbrylaw (07-29-2018)
Old 07-29-2018, 02:41 PM

Received 72 Likes on 64 Posts
Porsche Cayman S, Mercedes W213, Nissan Titan, BMW X5, Chevrolet Suburban
Congratulations! She’s a beauty!
Old 07-29-2018, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by infamily
Congratulation looks sweet!!
Originally Posted by CarFan1
Congratulations! She’s a beauty!
Thank you both! The partner is really enjoying the new car. Really like Apple Car Play and the new infotainment screen is amazing.
Old 07-29-2018, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 553 Likes on 417 Posts
2019 E 450, 2016 E350 4matic (retired), 2018 Ford Edge Sport, 2008 Porsche Boxster
With Apple play and Google maps and/or Waze, do you bother with the Mercedes navigation?
Old 07-29-2018, 02:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JTK44
With Apple play and Google maps and/or Waze, do you bother with the Mercedes navigation?
Currently, Apple Car Play will only let you use Apple Maps. When iOS 12 released in September, you'll be able to use Waze and Google Maps as well. But not until then. I still like Comand navigation though, so we'll just have more options available to us.

Old 07-30-2018, 12:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3,171 Likes on 1,977 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Originally Posted by rbrylaw
We picked up the E300 today. It's really an amazing car and my partner couldn't be happier with the acceleration, even with the 4 twin turbo. The ride is so smooth and all the tech amazing. We had nano tint put on the windows and they treated the car with ResistAll inside and out (but they didn't charge for the treatment and it comes with a 5 year warranty). Here are a couple pics:

Congrats on your new ride! I thought you are getting an E450. Is that still coming or did you change your mind?.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Wolfman

Congrats on your new ride! I thought you are getting an E450. Is that still coming or did you change your mind?.
Didn't change my mind. I'm still getting the E450 when it's built. This one is my partners new car. We had ordered a C300 Cabriolet for him, but he decided he'd rather have an E Class after test driving the E's with me.
Old 07-31-2018, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

So I got not good news today about the build date for the E450. According to NetStar today, my car won't even go into production until October. That likely means the earliest I'll see it will be November. Being born without the patience gene, is going to make this one long, arduous, frustratingly very long 4 month stretch for me. Harumph
Old 07-31-2018, 05:04 PM

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
2019 E450 Cabriolet, 2020 GLS450
So I got not good news today about the build date for the E450. According to NetStar today, my car won't even go into production until October. That likely means the earliest I'll see it will be November. Being born without the patience gene, is going to make this one long, arduous, frustratingly very long 4 month stretch for me. Harumph
bummer.... but on the bright side, you’re not like several of us here where our cars are done, shipped and being held hostage at one of the VPCs until a top-secret date for a model year launch 😬
Old 07-31-2018, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by sackboydad

bummer.... but on the bright side, you’re not like several of us here where our cars are done, shipped and being held hostage at one of the VPCs until a top-secret date for a model year launch 😬
Honestly, I'd rather be in your club and know my car is here, waiting for the delivery gods to break the chains holding my car in MB jail. Yes I really do!
Old 07-31-2018, 05:12 PM

Honestly, I'd rather be in your club and know my car is here, waiting for the delivery gods to break the chains holding my car in MB jail. Yes I really do!
I don’t mind waiting, but being an information junkie, it’s killing me not knowing WHEN I’m going to get it. If today they came out and said November — yes I’d be ticked off beyond belief, but at least have a get-out-prison date 😬

As I’ve said before, it’s fascinating that I’m trying to give a company $90,000 and they won’t take it!

Also, my poor car is probably like my dog when we’re gone all day... just sitting around wondering why they were left alone, when their owner is going to rescue them from the boredom and do what they want to do more than anything else - give their owner happiness 😬😬. They’re being denied this 😭😢😔

Old 07-31-2018, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I don’t mind waiting, but being an information junkie, it’s killing me not knowing WHEN I’m going to get it. If today they came out and said November — yes I’d be ticked off beyond belief, but at least have a get-out-prison date 😬

As I’ve said before, it’s fascinating that I’m trying to give a company $90,000 and they won’t take it!

Also, my poor car is probably like my dog when we’re gone all day... just sitting around wondering why they were left alone, when their owner is going to rescue them from the boredom and do what they want to do more than anything else - give their owner happiness 😬😬. They’re being denied this 😭😢😔

You must have been born with the patience gene. I have not a shread of one in my DNA. I don't like wishing time away. Life is too short and now I wish it was November already.
Old 07-31-2018, 05:18 PM

You must have been born with the patience gene. I have not a shread of one in my DNA. I don't like wishing time away. Life is too short and now I wish it was November already.
uhhhh..... no. I thought I was the world’s most impatient man (until you of course!!! &#128556. I’d be chewing nails if they said November and impatient as hell but at least I would KNOW when I was “up for parole” instead of just sitting and waiting with no word.
Old 07-31-2018, 05:21 PM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Audi S5
It's worse than that... The longer the car sits at the VPC, the higher the risk of damage. It's not a good thing to have the car sit there for a prolonged period of time. Sooner or later someone will hit it when moving another car, or damage it in some other way. Also, there's exposure to the elements which can result in paint and interior damage, increase the likelihood of rattles, etc. Moreover, not driving a car for months isn't good for various components.
Old 07-31-2018, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

uhhhh..... no. I thought I was the world’s most impatient man (until you of course!!! &#128556. I’d be chewing nails if they said November and impatient as hell but at least I would KNOW when I was “up for parole” instead of just sitting and waiting with no word.
Well, I'm projecting a November delivery, since the car won't go into production until October. Then it has to go on a nice leisurely cruise to the VPC, be checked out, then a truck drive to Tampa. In my case, it could stretch into December. My dealer told me the cars already built won't be released until October, but there's nothing to prove that's true. So you likely still have a ways to go with your new shiny.........
Old 07-31-2018, 05:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by visualguy
It's worse than that... The longer the car sits at the VPC, the higher the risk of damage. It's not a good thing to have the car sit there for a prolonged period of time. Sooner or later someone will hit it when moving another car, or damage it in some other way. Also, there's exposure to the elements which can result in paint and interior damage, increase the likelihood of rattles, etc. Moreover, not driving a car for months isn't good for various components.
Well aren't you [said tongue in cheek] just a ray of sunshine! LOL
Old 07-31-2018, 05:32 PM

Audi S5
Well aren't you [said tongue in cheek] just a ray of sunshine! LOL
Right, but no point in being in denial about it... If the car sits at the VPC for months, I would either insist on a discount, or place another order to get a car that doesn't go through that. I would actually just place another order unless the discount was quite significant.
Old 07-31-2018, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Right, but no point in being in denial about it... If the car sits at the VPC for months, I would either insist on a discount, or place another order to get a car that doesn't go through that. I would actually just place another order unless the discount was quite significant.
I don't know if I'd go that far. A car can sit on a dealers lot for a few months before being sold and it usually is just fine. If my dealer called me and said they had one already built that had the options I want and I could get it earlier, even knowing it sat at the VPC, I'd jump at the opportunity. Our GLC300 which we just traded for the E300 sat at the VPC for a few months before MBUSA released them into the wild. It was perfect in every way for the 3 years we had it.
Old 07-31-2018, 05:48 PM

well, even though I would have to start the entire process (and waiting) over again, I am under no obligation to actually purchase this car. If it has stuff wrong with it, I just won’t buy it.
Old 07-31-2018, 05:49 PM

Audi S5
I don't know if I'd go that far. A car can sit on a dealers lot for a few months before being sold and it usually is just fine. If my dealer called me and said they had one already built that had the options I want and I could get it earlier, even knowing it sat at the VPC, I'd jump at the opportunity. Our GLC300 which we just traded for the E300 sat at the VPC for a few months before MBUSA released them into the wild. It was perfect in every way for the 3 years we had it.
Cars that sit on dealers' lots for months aren't just fine. There's virtually always paint damage, for example. Bird droppings, tree sap and fruit, acid rain, sun, horrible wash techniques, etc. The interior gets damaged as well. In addition, parking lot accidents are a fairly regular occurrence. You may not know about all that because dealers try to fix or hide such damage. VPC isn't quite as bad, but still bad.

Old 07-31-2018, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

well, even though I would have to start the entire process (and waiting) over again, I am under no obligation to actually purchase this car. If it has stuff wrong with it, I just won’t buy it.
That's right. You ordered a brand new car and when it comes it should be perfect and you shouldn't accept anything less than perfect.
Old 07-31-2018, 06:11 PM

That's right. You ordered a brand new car and when it comes it should be perfect and you shouldn't accept anything less than perfect.
yeah but I also live in the real world.... nothing is perfect. And as a home builder, who was building a home for us several years ago, told me “there’s nothing that you find wrong that can’t be fixed.”

Obviously, easier to make cosmetic fixes to drywall and paint than a funky transmission but I agree with whoever just said it here.... cars sit on lots all the time. The only reason I’ve ordered and am buying a 2019 is that there wasn’t a 2018 with everything I wanted on it. If it had, I would be driving it now instead of waiting. But life happens... birds poop on cars, trees poop on cars. Bike handles (we have three kids) sometimes rub on car doors a little as they’re taking the bikes out of the garage.

When i I went to test drive the 2018 last May, the salesman was profusely apologizing because the beautiful black Cabriolet has quite a lot of yellow pollen on it. My reaction was “so what? It’s spring and there are trees and they spew pollen. He told me they hadn’t had a chance to wash the cars yet and he had been been chastised by a customer the previous day because they came at the end of the day and, God forbid, there was pollen on the cars. He said the customer was expecting them to be washing all the cars several times a day to keep them looking perfect. Then, of course, the same customer would have complained that washing the cars so often is “using up” the paint protector or the clear-coat or the flux capacitor or the antimatter containment field for the warp engines.... a no win scenario.

Its a car.... it’s outside..... stuff happens
Old 07-31-2018, 06:22 PM

Audi S5
It's not that easy. You don't know what the car went through, and what attempts were made to fix whatever damage. They will try to fix or hide anything obvious. For example, they use some detailing products that act as fillers to hide swirls and fine scratches, so you don't notice them when picking up the car. After you wash the car, this damage will re-appear because the filler is removed. At that point, you are stuck with it.

Also, it's very hard to check the car thoroughly when picking it up. Are you going to spend hours examining everything carefully inside and out, top to bottom, and all electronics? Are you going to test drive it to check for rattles or other issues? Are you good at detecting body work that may have been done at the VPC?

It's not realistic unless something fairly obvious is wrong with it, but the the VPC or dealership would have tried to patch it up or fix it in some way.

Anyway, different people have different levels of tolerance and comfort for all this. I personally don't feel comfortable with the car sitting at the VPC for months. I believe that at least some damage is pretty much unavoidable, and I don't want my car to come pre-damaged. Yes, it could and probably will get damaged while I own it, but I definitely take better care of my cars than the dealer or VPC would, and I garage my cars.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ordered a 2019 E450 Today