MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W213) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213-208/)
-   -   Official 2019 delay from MBUSA - CRAP! (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213/717373-official-2019-delay-mbusa-crap.html)

sackboydad 08-06-2018 11:01 AM

Official 2019 delay from MBUSA - CRAP!

My salesman just called me. This morning they were informed by MBUSA that all 2019 models are delayed due to the EPA and certification issues. They didn’t give a timeframe of release.

So great, my car will rot in Baltimore for another month or two! Salt air corroding the paint, etc.

I may not take this car. Might just make a new order so even though I won’t grt it for awhile it won’t have been sitting at a VPC for months and months, degrading

rbrylaw 08-06-2018 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by sackboydad (Post 7521933)
My salesman just called me. This morning they were informed by MBUSA that all 2019 models are delayed due to the EPA and certification issues. They didn’t give a timeframe of release.

So great, my car will rot in Baltimore for another month or two! Salt air corroding the paint, etc.

I may not take this car. Might just make a new order so even though I won’t grt it for awhile it won’t have been sitting at a VPC for months and months, degrading

You can certainly do that, but your car is completely wrapped to keep the finish nice and new while it luxuriates at the VPC Spa.

petee1997 08-06-2018 02:53 PM

Your problem is not with MBUSA. It's with the US govt. with their certification problems.

sackboydad 08-06-2018 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by petee1997 (Post 7522138)
Your problem is not with MBUSA. It's with the US govt. with their certification problems.

Well... don’t get me started there... I could go on for days!

My only issue is why didn’t MB submit the cars sooner? Many other brands which had engine changes have already hit the market for sale... they obviously thought ahead so their cars wouldn’t be delayed.

ua549 08-06-2018 05:14 PM

If you didn't have a "delivery by" date in your contract, don't fret about something over which you have no control. Your 2019 car will arrive before 2019.

sackboydad 08-06-2018 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by ua549 (Post 7522292)
If you didn't have a "delivery by" date in your contract, don't fret about something over which you have no control. Your 2019 car will arrive before 2019.

only frustrated because I’m really excited about the prospect of having my convertible delivered while it’s snowing :-)

just frustrating... Last year, MB managed to launch a total redesign of the E400 Cab and managed to get it certified in time for an August launch. This time, literally NOTHING changed and they screwed the pooch and didn’t manage to get it certified in time. Now we all have to pay for soneone’s Incompetence and have our cars delayed.

rbrylaw 08-06-2018 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by sackboydad (Post 7522297)

only frustrated because I’m really excited about the prospect of having my convertible delivered while it’s snowing :-)

just frustrating... Last year, MB managed to launch a total redesign of the E400 Cab and managed to get it certified in time for an August launch. This time, literally NOTHING changed and they screwed the pooch and didn’t manage to get it certified in time. Now we all have to pay for soneone’s Incompetence and have our cars delayed.

Once you get behind the wheel of your beautiful new E450, the pain you're suffering right now will become a distant memory. Yes it will!

sackboydad 08-06-2018 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7522301)
Once you get behind the wheel of your beautiful new E450, the pain you're suffering right now will become a distant memory. Yes it will!

this is my first dealing with MB. Always dreamed of owning one. My salesman has been great but this has really thrown cold water on my excitement.

Trying to figure how other car companies managed to submit THEIR cars in time to get certified but somehow MB couldn’t manage it.

rbrylaw 08-06-2018 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by sackboydad (Post 7522333)

this is my first dealing with MB. Always dreamed of owning one. My salesman has been great but this has really thrown cold water on my excitement.

Trying to figure how other car companies managed to submit THEIR cars in time to get certified but somehow MB couldn’t manage it.

From one person born without the patience gene to another, just relax and stop worrying about something you simply can't control. You will SO LOVE your new car when it comes that this just won't matter in the total scheme of things.

visualguy 08-06-2018 06:25 PM

They most likely weren't planning to release these cars earlier anyway, so there was no rush to certify them...

Germancar1 08-06-2018 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by visualguy (Post 7522372)
They most likely weren't planning to release these cars earlier anyway, so there was no rush to certify them...

Correct. Then the supplier and ordering system issues happened, and now wham they're sucking wind in sales. August is going to be brutal I bet.

M

sackboydad 08-06-2018 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Germancar1 (Post 7522387)
Correct. Then the supplier and ordering system issues happened, and now wham they're sucking wind in sales. August is going to be brutal I bet.

M

still trying to figure this out.... sales are down across the board ..... dealers are complaining they don’t have inventory..... but let’s delay ALL the new cars and piss everyone off. Because as we all learned in business school... no inventory and unhappy customers = more sales!

Am I missing something here? Seems like keystone cops are running MBUSA

ua549 08-06-2018 06:53 PM

Historically new cars in the US are first offered in the Autumn.

Germancar1 08-06-2018 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by sackboydad (Post 7522392)

still trying to figure this out.... sales are down across the board ..... dealers are complaining they don’t have inventory..... but let’s delay ALL the new cars and piss everyone off. Because as we all learned in business school... no inventory and unhappy customers = more sales!

What is there to figure out? A key supplier had a fire which affected production of their SUVs and their ordering system took a crap for like 5 days. Things happen. They'll pay for it a while in reduced sales and likely fall behind BMW YTD, but they'll bounce back. The next model year cars don't usually come out until fall or late summer anyways so there really isn't delay, because under normal circumstances dealers would still have plenty of 2019s. That said, if they're smart they're scrambling behind the scenes now to get the 2019s released to dealers. Either way August sales are going to be a bloodbath.

M

rbrylaw 08-06-2018 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Germancar1 (Post 7522510)
What is there to figure out? A key supplier had a fire which affected production of their SUVs and their ordering system took a crap for like 5 days. Things happen. They'll pay for it a while in reduced sales and likely fall behind BMW YTD, but they'll bounce back. The next model year cars don't usually come out until fall or late summer anyways so there really isn't delay, because under normal circumstances dealers would still have plenty of 2019s. That said, if they're smart they're scrambling behind the scenes now to get the 2019s released to dealers. Either way August sales are going to be a bloodbath.

M

Well, I did my part and bought a new E400 on August 4th.

Germancar1 08-06-2018 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7522518)
Well, I did my part and bought a new E400 on August 4th.

Congrats. What did you dealer say about inventory if anything?

M

sackboydad 08-06-2018 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Germancar1 (Post 7522510)

M

My issue is.... why screw everyone instead of only those whose cars were affected by the fire? There are many of us who have cars that have been sitting in Baltimore rusting away in the salt air and we would be hapy to take delivery of them. I'm sorry that a company had a fire that affected SUVs, but many cars are already built.... and a fire or a screwed up computer system is inconsequential to that.

rbrylaw 08-06-2018 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Germancar1 (Post 7522530)
Congrats. What did you dealer say about inventory if anything?

M

My dealer is a large volume dealer, so they still have a lot of stock available. Somewhere in the 50+ range just for E Class. They said the 2019's won't be released until the beginning of the 4th quarter, which is honestly the time frame the new year cars are typically released. I know people are having an issue knowing their cars are built and sitting at the VPC, but the reality is this isn't all that unusual. At least not for Mercedes. I agree with you though. August sales will likely bite them hard, then they'll move a LOT of inventory in the 4th quarter.

Germancar1 08-06-2018 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by sackboydad (Post 7522534)
My issue is.... why screw everyone instead of only those whose cars were affected by the fire? There are many of us who have cars that have been sitting in Baltimore rusting away in the salt air and we would be hapy to take delivery of them. I'm sorry that a company had a fire that affected SUVs, but many cars are already built.... and a fire or a screwed up computer system is inconsequential to that.

You're right last month's issues had nothing do with cars already built and sitting in the port, so that should tell you that delays are a normal thing. It happens every single year with all import brands. They aren't screwing anyone and clearly no cars are rusting away anywhere. If a Mercedes can't sit outside for a while then there is a far more serious problem.........in Germany. Cars are usually wrapped during transport anways.

M

Germancar1 08-06-2018 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7522544)
My dealer is a large volume dealer, so they still have a lot of stock available. Somewhere in the 50+ range just for E Class. They said the 2019's won't be released until the beginning of the 4th quarter, which is honestly the time frame the new year cars are typically released. I know people are having an issue knowing their cars are built and sitting at the VPC, but the reality is this isn't all that unusual. At least not for Mercedes. I agree with you though. August sales will likely bite them hard, then they'll move a LOT of inventory in the 4th quarter.

Yeah I think it's a case of knowing too much IMO. It creates a "problem" when there really isn't one in most cases. They have delays every year, especially after the whole VW debacle. You're right Mercedes has usually released the next model year's cars over late summer and early fall. Some cars models like the AMG GT 4-door wont' arrive until January.

M

rbrylaw 08-06-2018 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Germancar1 (Post 7522549)
You're right last month's issues had nothing do with cars already built and sitting in the port, so that should tell you that delays are a normal thing. It happens every single year with all import brands. They aren't screwing anyone and clearly no cars are rusting away anywhere. If a Mercedes can't sit outside for a while then there is a far more serious problem.........in Germany. Cars are usually wrapped during transport anways.

M

Yep, the cars are completely wrapped during transport. From past experience they arrive at the dealership mostly wrapped still to ensure rocks don't damage them during the truck ride from the VPC to the dealer.

sackboydad 08-13-2018 11:35 AM

Got this from another thread here. Looks like a few days ago.

Looks like people buying the E Class are getting bent over the table big time. Latest DOG has E450 Cab as Q3. This now shows well into Q4.

I guess if id spent another $100K on an S Class I wouldn’t have to wait as long. Silly me.

Thanks a a lot MBUSA. A**holes.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...65f957b8a.jpeg

rbrylaw 08-13-2018 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by sackboydad (Post 7527549)
Got this from another thread here. Looks like a few days ago.

Looks like people buying the E Class are getting bent over the table big time. Latest DOG has E450 Cab as Q3. This now shows well into Q4.

I guess if id spent another $100K on an S Class I wouldn’t have to wait as long. Silly me.

Thanks a a lot MBUSA. A**holes.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...65f957b8a.jpeg

Are you sure you're equipped to handle this mentally? I've known for some time E450s wouldn't be released until Q4. I too had ordered one, but decided I just didn't want to wait and picked up a brand new 2018 E400 it's in my garage and I'm enjoying it a lot. What did I sacrifice in doing so? Not that much really. No, I didn't get the cool all digital instrument cluster, but TBH, it's not that big a deal. I also gave up 33 HP. The 400 is all the engine I could hope for and then some. The day I need to get up to 60 MPH faster than 5.2 seconds likely won't ever come. And I gave up some semi-autonomous driving features like Assisted Driving Pilot that I likely would never have used or trusted anyway. Otherwise I got pretty much the features that really mattered to me and I saved a LOT of money getting an end of model year new car. Far greater discount than people could imagine.

I get that your posts are your way to vent your frustrations, but they won't help you get you car sooner and in reality, MB isn't bending anyone over the big table to begin with. They will be released when they release them and not a minute sooner.

tonecas 08-13-2018 12:37 PM

i'm sympathetic with you.
here in Europe we had several delays for many reasons. not even the dealers know really what is happening. probably it is all the excuses that they have been given. real perfect storm this year: early changes to E class, shortage of wide displays given there use in other classes, problems with suppliers, new fuel consumption and CO2 emissions standard (WLTP) coming in September, ...

BigDeeLA 08-13-2018 02:45 PM

E300 and GLC300 have both been certified as of today... they finally coming along.. once this is done.. reality is anything can happen. Expect worse, hope for best.

haibieb 08-13-2018 04:41 PM

All I can say is that our 2019 E450 4Matic Sedan is scheduled to hit VPC on the 21st. It was built on July 29th. Hopefully, the release date will follow shortly.

tonecas 08-13-2018 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by haibieb (Post 7527853)
All I can say is that our 2019 E450 4Matic Sedan is scheduled to hit VPC on the 21st. It was built on July 29th. Hopefully, the release date will follow shortly.

sweet:zoom:

haibieb 08-13-2018 07:57 PM

2019 E-Class Sedan Quick Reference Guide

SHARE SAVE DOWNLOAD
Aug 9, 2018
Models & MSRP
  • Mercedes-Benz E 300 (RWD) Sedan $53,500
  • Mercedes-Benz E 300 4MATIC Sedan $56,000
  • Mercedes-Benz E450 4MATIC Sedan $59,950 arriving in U.S. dealers by late 2018
  • Mercedes-AMG E 53 Sedan $72,550 arriving in U.S. dealers by late 2018
  • Mercedes-AMG E 63 S Sedan $106,350

BigDeeLA 08-13-2018 11:27 PM

2019 E-Class Coupe Quick Reference Guide

SHARE SAVE DOWNLOAD
Aug 9, 2018
Models & MSRP
  • Mercedes-Benz E 450 Coupe $59,800 arriving in U.S. dealers by fall 2018
  • Mercedes-Benz E 450 4MATIC Coupe $62,300 arriving in U.S. dealers by fall 2018
Mercedes-AMG E 53 Coupe $73,700 arriving in U.S. dealers by late 2018

*Above prices exclude $995 destination and delivery

——————

interesting how the Coupe says by Fall 2018 and Sedan says by late 2018. Talked to my guy today and he told me thy have 6k cars at the Long Beach VPC and they are running out of space there so MB will be forced to start releasing cars soon... even tho the CLA-GLA are being released now the E300, GLC, and C300 and S Class will be next and then the E450 from what I was told... then AMG.. they could all be just weeks apart.. possibly once they start rolling out.

sackboydad 08-13-2018 11:34 PM

Thanks for the info, BigDeeLA...

for anyone who’s interested, here is the media page that shows most of the 2019’s

https://www.media.mbusa.com/releases

pop.tremuloides 08-14-2018 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by sackboydad (Post 7521933)

Sack.....remain calm. I am the first person to agree with you to a point.

Let me ask you this please. Have you ever ordered a vehicle from overseas?
I already know the answer ( at least I think so )....

Your vehicle is NOT rotting! It is covered and safe!

QUOTE=sackboydad;7522297]
[/QUOTE]

No...you are incorrect. When any vehicle enters "port" aside from some exceptions that I won't get into, the vehicles are subjected to US regulations. TRUST ME I am well aware of your frustrations.

When you say that "now we all have to pay for "soneone's Incompetence and have our cars delayed"....spelling is on your end not mine ;) ......
You must not be aware of how the import/export things work. Just because YOUR baby hits port...it does NOT mean that it will be cleared to leave. Make sense?

You have already "paid" for it. It is built into what you paid already. Delays happen and you might have a choice. Bring that choice up with your dealer or keep beating yourself up over it.

Tell me which "other car companies managed to submit THEIR cars in time to get certified but somehow MB couldn't manage it."

Your quote...NOT MINE.

Have you ever ordered a vehicle previously? Seriously...have you? Especially a NEW model?

I am not trying to be condescending but every car we had the opportunity to order in the first/second model year has encountered issues at the port. It happens so I hate to say this....just be patient and you will be happy when your car arrives. It sucks that it is delayed but you have to realize that your specific build is not common....otherwise you would not have ordered it...now would you?

Originally Posted by sackboydad (Post 7522392)

Sales are down across the board for high end vehicles it seems. Try snagging a Porsche Panamera on the lot that is coming close to a model year.

To be honest Sack..you are ranting about something you may/may not be educated on.

Originally Posted by sackboydad (Post 7522534)

If you car is destroyed from some "fire"....you can always contact your sales advisor and reorder the car or take one off a lot.

-----------

I'm done with trying to "quote" your messages.

I am new to the MB World forums but VERY active on MANY other forums.

I will give you a story.....take it or leave it.

1. We ordered our Porsche and tracked it from birth in Germany through the factory and got a port date.
2. Port date was delayed due to the backup in the European port.
3. New P cars were held up due to US regs....people were *****ing to high heaven but our car left port.
4. Tracked when it got in range of Shipping Trackers and while that was going on they released them all.
5. Sat in port for a day or two and then was on a carrier to our dealer.
6. Arrived at our dealer and I already coordinated with them to NOT do a thing to it once it got there.
7. Porsche Sales person met me at the car and we went over it with a "microscope".
8. Took delivery of the vehicle and was very happy!

---------

YOU can do the same thing. MANY other P Cars were sitting at port prior to delivery. We just happened to get on board when they were released. TONS of people...friends of mine had their vehicles held up for one reason or another and I will PROMISE you that they were more than two to three times the amt you paid. Not tossing that out there but NONE of them had ANY issues with them.

So just be happy your vehicle will make it to you.

When it arrives....do yourself a favor. Look over it with a fine tooth comb and if you are satisfied, then take delivery. You always have the opportunity to deny taking it into possession if there are issues with it.

Now, when your car arrives, ENJOY......while I cannot promise a thing as a prospective MB owner (one who will do the same thing and order it), you will be happy when it arrives!

If you are not happy then you have 110% reason to decline the order...but I really think your car did not "ROT" at the port.

rbrylaw 08-14-2018 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by pop.tremuloides (Post 7528165)
Sack.....remain calm. I am the first person to agree with you to a point.

Let me ask you this please. Have you ever ordered a vehicle from overseas?
I already know the answer ( at least I think so )....

Your vehicle is NOT rotting! It is covered and safe!

QUOTE=sackboydad;7522297]

No...you are incorrect. When any vehicle enters "port" aside from some exceptions that I won't get into, the vehicles are subjected to US regulations. TRUST ME I am well aware of your frustrations.

When you say that "now we all have to pay for "soneone's Incompetence and have our cars delayed"....spelling is on your end not mine ;) ......
You must not be aware of how the import/export things work. Just because YOUR baby hits port...it does NOT mean that it will be cleared to leave. Make sense?

You have already "paid" for it. It is built into what you paid already. Delays happen and you might have a choice. Bring that choice up with your dealer or keep beating yourself up over it.

Tell me which "other car companies managed to submit THEIR cars in time to get certified but somehow MB couldn't manage it."

Your quote...NOT MINE.

Have you ever ordered a vehicle previously? Seriously...have you? Especially a NEW model?

I am not trying to be condescending but every car we had the opportunity to order in the first/second model year has encountered issues at the port. It happens so I hate to say this....just be patient and you will be happy when your car arrives. It sucks that it is delayed but you have to realize that your specific build is not common....otherwise you would not have ordered it...now would you?

Sales are down across the board for high end vehicles it seems. Try snagging a Porsche Panamera on the lot that is coming close to a model year.

To be honest Sack..you are ranting about something you may/may not be educated on.

If you car is destroyed from some "fire"....you can always contact your sales advisor and reorder the car or take one off a lot.

-----------

I'm done with trying to "quote" your messages.

I am new to the MB World forums but VERY active on MANY other forums.

I will give you a story.....take it or leave it.

1. We ordered our Porsche and tracked it from birth in Germany through the factory and got a port date.
2. Port date was delayed due to the backup in the European port.
3. New P cars were held up due to US regs....people were *****ing to high heaven but our car left port.
4. Tracked when it got in range of Shipping Trackers and while that was going on they released them all.
5. Sat in port for a day or two and then was on a carrier to our dealer.
6. Arrived at our dealer and I already coordinated with them to NOT do a thing to it once it got there.
7. Porsche Sales person met me at the car and we went over it with a "microscope".
8. Took delivery of the vehicle and was very happy!

---------

YOU can do the same thing. MANY other P Cars were sitting at port prior to delivery. We just happened to get on board when they were released. TONS of people...friends of mine had their vehicles held up for one reason or another and I will PROMISE you that they were more than two to three times the amt you paid. Not tossing that out there but NONE of them had ANY issues with them.

So just be happy your vehicle will make it to you.

When it arrives....do yourself a favor. Look over it with a fine tooth comb and if you are satisfied, then take delivery. You always have the opportunity to deny taking it into possession if there are issues with it.

Now, when your car arrives, ENJOY......while I cannot promise a thing as a prospective MB owner (one who will do the same thing and order it), you will be happy when it arrives!

If you are not happy then you have 110% reason to decline the order...but I really think your car did not "ROT" at the port.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the forum and your possible future Benz. This was a time consuming good response. I hope it helps him.

wdimagineer 08-27-2018 06:06 PM

All E450 models and C/GLC/SLC 43 models were approved by ARB. That should get them rolling.

sackboydad 08-27-2018 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by wdimagineer (Post 7539808)
All E450 models and C/E/GLC 43 models were approved by ARB. That should get them rolling.

now if MBUSA will just sell them to us......

wdimagineer 08-27-2018 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by sackboydad (Post 7539811)

now if MBUSA will just sell them to us......

Just be patient a little longer. Like I said in another thread, there's more to releasing a car than obtaining approvals. Nonetheless, regulatory hurdles usually provide the most substantial obstacle and we're now beyond that. Fingers crossed they can make better on their timeline.

sackboydad 08-27-2018 06:38 PM

Not too optimistic.... E300 was approved by CA clear back on Aug 10 and I understand only today has it been released for sale.... 17 days... yikes

BigDeeLA 08-27-2018 07:59 PM

Well if the E450 take another 17 days or 3 weeks I think that will be positive over Oct release.

sackboydad 08-27-2018 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by BigDeeLA (Post 7539885)
Well if the E450 take another 17 days or 3 weeks I think that will be positive over Oct release.

to quote Madeline Kahn in Blazing Saddles... "it's twue, it's TWEU!!"