MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W213) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213-208/)
-   -   2018 E300 P2 package - distance control volume (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213/718266-2018-e300-p2-package-distance-control-volume.html)

fizad99 08-14-2018 10:49 PM

2018 E300 P2 package - distance control volume

When the car beeps to get your attention that your driving too fast because the car in front of u suddenly breaks or slows down to get your attention, how do i make so it decreases the volume of my radio? I play music loud and i cant hear the beep when it comes on

guhvies 08-15-2018 03:14 AM

You should really be paying more attention to what is going on around you when driving. Mirrors and windscreen, use them...

mickhoog 08-15-2018 05:49 AM

doesn't the song volume decrease so you can hear the alert? I think it does it on mine...

fizad99 08-15-2018 09:47 AM

i'm driving a loaner e class and it does on that car, it did and thats when i noticed it doesn't on mine.. i will ask the dealer... probably some random setting somewhere.

Cambridgehank 08-17-2018 07:43 AM

After reading this thread, I wanted to see how my car responded. While driving yesterday I put the car into cruise control and went to the assist screen, which showed the front of my car and the car in front of me. I could not figure out how to set the distance. The car did not respond to traffic in front of me. My Mazda comes to a stop or slows down so I was surprised that my Mercedes did not.

I drove to the dealership and showed the service advisor. He pulled my car up on the computer and said I had "Distronic" which I knew. Then he told me I did not have "Distronic Plus". WTF! is that I said. He told me my sales person should have explained that. Now I know why my sales person is no longer at this dealership.

haibieb 08-17-2018 12:10 PM

Hi. We had Distronic on our 2010 E550 and our 2018 E400 convertible and the cars slowed down and eventually stoped as engineered. I would encourage you to see a service advisor to show you how the system works. Good luck.

Cambridgehank 08-17-2018 01:00 PM

That is who told me that I did not have the P2 with Distronic Plus.

rbrylaw 08-17-2018 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Cambridgehank (Post 7531307)
That is who told me that I did not have the P2 with Distronic Plus.

He was likely correct. Here in the US for the 2018 model year, Active Distance Distronic Plus was included in the P3 package, not the P2 Package. For the 2019 Model year, Mercedes is separating many of the driving assistance packages into separate options as opposed to large bundles.

Cambridgehank 08-17-2018 01:36 PM

I was not the good consumer in purchasing this car. I usually do my homework but not this time. I have the PO1 Premium One Package . As I have said in other threads, the salesman knew less about MB cars than I did. He is no longer at the local dealership and they keep covering up his mistakes.

rbrylaw 08-17-2018 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Cambridgehank (Post 7531337)
I was not the good consumer in purchasing this car. I usually do my homework but not this time. I have the PO1 Premium One Package . As I have said in other threads, the salesman knew less about MB cars than I did. He is no longer at the local dealership and they keep covering up his mistakes.

My E400 came with P2, not P3. Well actually, it's called Q2 (as they were out of the 12.3" Digital Instrument Cluster and they just lowered the cost of the P2 package accordingly and slapped in the analog cluster (and yes, I really wanted the all digital cluster, but am not really disappointed with the analog guages, tbh). In all honesty, I don't use Cruise Control. Like ever. So for me, not having Distronic Plus just isn't an issue. Even if I had Distronic Plus, I'm not sure I'd trust it anyway. Perhaps that's just me.

Cambridgehank 08-17-2018 01:54 PM

I occasionally use cruise control on the highway during long drives. My Mazda SUV really impressed me with the warning system and lane change warnings. If you cross over a lane without the directional blinkers on, a screen appears in the display of a car crossing a lane and there is a loud noise as if hitting somethings in the roadway. I thought for sure MB would include something similar.

rbrylaw 08-17-2018 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Cambridgehank (Post 7531350)
I occasionally use cruise control on the highway during long drives. My Mazda SUV really impressed me with the warning system and lane change warnings. If you cross over a lane without the directional blinkers on, a screen appears in the display of a car crossing a lane and there is a loud noise as if hitting somethings in the roadway. I thought for sure MB would include something similar.

I'm sure this is why for the 2019's MB is separating out these driver assist packages, without forcing you pay upwards of $10K to get the feature you want.

ua549 08-17-2018 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Cambridgehank (Post 7531350)

MB vibrates the steering wheel in those situations. In addition if one is crossing into an oncoming traffic lane the car will brake in an effort to prevent the lane change.

mickhoog 08-17-2018 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Cambridgehank (Post 7531081)
After reading this thread, I wanted to see how my car responded. While driving yesterday I put the car into cruise control and went to the assist screen, which showed the front of my car and the car in front of me. I could not figure out how to set the distance. The car did not respond to traffic in front of me. My Mazda comes to a stop or slows down so I was surprised that my Mercedes did not.

I drove to the dealership and showed the service advisor. He pulled my car up on the computer and said I had "Distronic" which I knew. Then he told me I did not have "Distronic Plus". WTF! is that I said. He told me my sales person should have explained that. Now I know why my sales person is no longer at this dealership.

Were you like "come again?" ... i believe there is trickery in the words. Next the Plus will be Plus Plus or something else. You really have to study the words they use in the tech specs it's insane.
In Australia we get highly specced cars so there is no P1, P2 or P3 - that's an American marketing 'package' so in our spec guide i have never seen a difference between the two. It's either distronic or not. But in the case of the E-Class it is standard equipment
  • Driving Assistance package Plus comprising DRIVE PILOT, Active Brake Assist with cross-traffic function, Evasive Steering Assist, Active Blind Spot Assist, Active Lane Keeping Assist and also PRE-SAFE® PLUS
Believe me though it's only really great on long drives. If you try and use it for stop start traffic (you can) if someone jumps in front of you, as it leaves a bit of a gap, then suddenly, in that situation, it will pull you back again to maintain a safe braking distance (in moving traffic).
It does work as advertised. It will start, stop, keep distance.

ua549 08-17-2018 06:00 PM

IMO Distronic Plus is of great benefit driving in traffic. I set the cruise control with minimal spacing and relax. Distronic handles the high speed congestion well. Here in town traffic typically moves between 50 mph and 65 mph with cars spaced about every 2½ car lengths. Any bigger gap and someone will fill it. The road by my house on the other side of the golf course (mixed residential/commercial) carries about 60,000+ cars a day (trucks are not allowed).

kingscorpian27 08-19-2018 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7531342)
My E400 came with P2, not P3. Well actually, it's called Q2 (as they were out of the 12.3" Digital Instrument Cluster and they just lowered the cost of the P2 package accordingly and slapped in the analog cluster (and yes, I really wanted the all digital cluster, but am not really disappointed with the analog guages, tbh). In all honesty, I don't use Cruise Control. Like ever. So for me, not having Distronic Plus just isn't an issue. Even if I had Distronic Plus, I'm not sure I'd trust it anyway. Perhaps that's just me.

I have a 2017 E300 with P3 and use my distronic plus 99% of the time. Just did a round trip from New Jersey to Baltimore Maryland and the car drove 99% of the time. That was a 420 mile drive. In my opinion it makes driving a lot more enjoyable both long distance and stop and go traffic. I also had on 2015 C300 but the 2017 E300 is way more advanced. Have no regrets and wouldn’t own another car without it. In fact most newer cars have mild autonomous features. Just had a couple rentals, 2018 Toyota Camry that sped up, and slowed down same goes for a Nissan Armada. They didn’t however steer and also disengaged after coming to a standstill unlike MB that remains stopped until the acceleration pedal is engaged again. My car has driven me at 80 MPG even taking corners. Sharper corners at lower speeds

jester1 08-22-2018 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by ua549 (Post 7531566)
IMO Distronic Plus is of great benefit driving in traffic. I set the cruise control with minimal spacing and relax. Distronic handles the high speed congestion well. Here in town traffic typically moves between 50 mph and 65 mph with cars spaced about every 2½ car lengths. Any bigger gap and someone will fill it.

I keep it at 3 spaces.My problem is when I'm driving at say 55mph & a light turns red ahead with the car in front stopped,I'm uncomfortable waiting till I'm close enough for the car computer to suddenly stop me.

When I see the light ahead turn red,I usually tap the brake & coast closer till I then apply the brakes.

In the back of my mind,I'm just picturing me saying to the police after rear-ending the car in front,"but officer,I had the Histrionic plus on when I hit that car."

ua549 08-22-2018 03:12 PM

I'm also conservative when it comes to traffic signals. Like you, I disengage Distronic when approaching a red light. With our automated traffic management system I rarely encounter a red light.