MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W213) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213-208/)
-   -   2018 vs 2019 (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213/718608-2018-vs-2019-a.html)

mister__p 08-18-2018 08:41 AM

2018 vs 2019

Today I went to preview my new car and to sign some forms at MB ahead of the collection next week. To my pleasant surprise, I noticed the steering wheel was of the 2019 design with cruise control buttons etc.

Does this mean my 2018 June car will have other modifications/updates targeted for the 2019 model?

How do MB introduce updates?, as soon as possible with no notification to the customers or to planned release dates with marketing?

I guess safety, functional, usability fixes go in quietly whilst cosmetic things and new features get marketed?

Just wondering... Delighted anyway

Thanks

rbrylaw 08-18-2018 09:13 AM

If your car was built in June, it will be a 2019 Model and include the changes coming for the 2019 model year.

Scott in H-town 08-18-2018 09:29 AM

Is there somewhere to see the 2019 changes?
When are 19's due to the lot... may be. good time to get an 18 sitting on the lot.

ThomasJL 08-18-2018 09:31 AM

rbrylaw 08-18-2018 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by ThomasJL (Post 7531997)

You must not be in the US. Mercedes isn't releasing the 2019 E class in the US until the beginning of the 4th quarter.

rbrylaw 08-18-2018 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Scott in H-town (Post 7531996)
Is there somewhere to see the 2019 changes?
When are 19's due to the lot... may be. good time to get an 18 sitting on the lot.

There is the 2019 Dealer Order Guide in one of these threads about the 2019 model year. The changes are not significant. The E300 will get the new steering wheel controls, but nothing much else is changed. The E400 gains 33 Horses and will be named the E450, but is essentially the same V6 Bi-Trubo engine, just tuned to a higher output. And The E43 becomes the E53 with an inline 6 as opposed to a V6. In terms of features, etc., there are very few changes at all from 2018 to 2019 E Class.

Ps: If you want to send me a private message with your email address, I'd be happy to send the Dealer Order Guide. The one major thing you'll notice is Mercedes stopped bundling so many things in Premium Packages and separated safety features into their own packages. And the all digital instrument cluster is now a stand-alone option for $850 and it's still in limited supply.

Scott in H-town 08-18-2018 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7532006)
There is the 2019 Dealer Order Guide in one of these threads about the 2019 model year. The changes are not significant. The E300 will get the new steering wheel controls, but nothing much else is changed. The E400 gains 33 Horses and will be named the E450, but is essentially the same V6 Bi-Trubo engine, just tuned to a higher output. And The E43 becomes the E53 with an inline 6 as opposed to a V6. In terms of features, etc., there are very few changes at all from 2018 to 2019 E Class.

Ps: If you want to send me a private message with your email address, I'd be happy to send the Dealer Order Guide. The one major thing you'll notice is Mercedes stopped bundling so many things in Premium Packages and separated safety features into their own packages. And the all digital instrument cluster is now a stand-alone option for $850 and it's still in limited supply.

You have to be the most helpful member of this forum. Thank you.
Since I'm still shopping, and not in a huge hurry, I may wait and try and snake a 2018 as the 19's are coming. Maybe even buy new even though I've been shopping CPO and pre-owned thus far.

rbrylaw 08-18-2018 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Scott in H-town (Post 7532016)
You have to be the most helpful member of this forum. Thank you.
Since I'm still shopping, and not in a huge hurry, I may wait and try and snake a 2018 as the 19's are coming. Maybe even buy new even though I've been shopping CPO and pre-owned thus far.

I don't know about being that helpful, but thank you for the nice comment. I had actually ordered a 2019 E450, with lot's of the safety features. Many of those features I know I would likely rarely if ever use. In the last three weeks we wound up buying a 2018 E300 (for my partner) and a 2018 E400 (for me) with the things that really mattered the most to me and saved a bundle over what we'd have spent on the 2019's. The ONLY thing I sacrificed that I really wanted was the digital instrument cluster. There are many here who will say the analog gauges cheapen the interior, but I don't agree with them. The analog gauges look very nice and offer the information one needs. It just doesn't put on a Star Trek show and I'm OK with that. And yes, we don't have the new model year, but the changes aren't that significant and we saved so much money that it just made sense to do what we did.

mister__p 08-18-2018 10:41 AM

mister__p 08-19-2018 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by ThomasJL (Post 7531997)
Received my 2019 in July

Looks lovely. Mine will look identical to yours only RHD.

Any rattles or other issues? rattles seems to be a popular complaint

I read somewhere MB will usually fix issues on an on-going basis where the turnaround time could be 3 months from design to assembly floor.

Will the updated 2019 model incorporate fixes for reported issues which can be resolved either by design or some extra duct tape / zip ties applied here and there?

( forgive me if I am asking a stupid question - am new to MB and it's car manufacturing life cycle )

mickhoog 08-20-2018 03:47 AM

you lucky bugger :-)

It also means you get a redesigned home screen with larger easier to read

AND the BESTTTTT bit, you get a favourites button! I long for this.

So the favourite button takes you straight to all of your favourites RATHER than having to press home and scrolling down. That's waht i want the most .

ThomasJL 08-24-2018 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by mister__p (Post 7533051)
Looks lovely. Mine will look identical to yours only RHD.

Any rattles or other issues? rattles seems to be a popular complaint

I read somewhere MB will usually fix issues on an on-going basis where the turnaround time could be 3 months from design to assembly floor.

Will the updated 2019 model incorporate fixes for reported issues which can be resolved either by design or some extra duct tape / zip ties applied here and there?

( forgive me if I am asking a stupid question - am new to MB and it's car manufacturing life cycle )

I’ve not experienced any rattles except my toddlers mirror (which got a serious round of duct tape). One of the main reasons that I bought the E-Class instead of BMW 5-Series or Volvo was interior noise.

Not sure what has been done to adress this between 2018 and 2019, but I’m very happy. I just recently changed to the 20 inch rims and did not experience noticebly more noise than the 19. (They were not in stock when I tok delivery)