Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > E-Class (W213)
2019 E450 build sheet, questions >

2019 E450 build sheet, questions

Notices
E-Class (W213) 2016 -

2019 E450 build sheet, questions

 
Old 08-22-2018, 01:30 PM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 23
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
E400 Cab
2019 E450 build sheet, questions

1st things first... I thank all who respond in advance and this forum for existing. What a terrific resource.

Spent some time with my dealer and spec'd out a vehicle to be built and I've attached it here. He was no expert working with the DOG and we may have missed some must haves, had some silly things added, etc. Its a work in progress. Can anyone think of things that I may have missed? Does anything seem unnecessary? I realize I put massage seats in the build, it's a guilty pleasure that I've never had before.

Can anyone field a guess as to where the residual values might land... 3 years and 45k miles? Same question on the MF. Seems like the 18's for 3/45 is 55% and .00237 (5.688%). Does anyone think the 55% will inch up a bit... beginning vs end of model year, etc
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2018-08-22 12-29.pdf (1.31 MB, 119 views)
Russmna29 is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 01:52 PM
  #2  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
ua549's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Clearwater, Florida
Posts: 2,144
Liked 229 Times in 198 Posts
.
If you live in a hot climate, add the Acoustic Comfort package. Blocking IR radiation is quite effective especially through the windshield.
ua549 is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 01:53 PM
  #3  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: US
Posts: 117
Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
2018 E400S
A few things you might consider, your build is similar to my E400 P3, but in addition I have

Air Body Control $1900. Makes a huge difference to ride, standard on S-class and AMG.
Acoustic comfort package $1100. In addition to better sound insulation, there's a membrane in the glass that reduces infra red transmission (cabin heating by sunlight).
Might also consider the fragrance dispenser. I though this was corny, but its actually quite good.
wagonsrock is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 02:03 PM
  #4  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 23
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
E400 Cab
Originally Posted by wagonsrock View Post
A few things you might consider, your build is similar to my E400 P3, but in addition I have

Air Body Control $1900. Makes a huge difference to ride, standard on S-class and AMG.
Acoustic comfort package $1100. In addition to better sound insulation, there's a membrane in the glass that reduces infra red transmission (cabin heating by sunlight).
Might also consider the fragrance dispenser. I though this was corny, but its actually quite good.
Ugh... another $3k! S'pose Ive come this far! If I'm up to $80k and take my discount with 55% MF, the depreciation/36 months is $977/month before the money factor.

How do you like your 535i vs the E? The 540 is on my short list but having sat in it when my wife had it as a loaner... the MB seemed so much more cocoon-like, plush and shielded from the outside.
Russmna29 is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 02:27 PM
  #5  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: US
Posts: 117
Liked 14 Times in 14 Posts
2018 E400S
Originally Posted by Russmna29 View Post
Ugh... another $3k! S'pose Ive come this far! If I'm up to $80k and take my discount with 55% MF, the depreciation/36 months is $977/month before the money factor.

How do you like your 535i vs the E? The 540 is on my short list but having sat in it when my wife had it as a loaner... the MB seemed so much more cocoon-like, plush and shielded from the outside.
You describe the difference very well and my feeling about price was the same! I did not get the massage seats or pano roof, but ponied up for nearly everything else, for a list price of $80k. The 535 felt much more of a drivers car, while the E400 to me feels more luxury oriented. Its still got plenty of power (more in E450) and with air body control you can stiffen up the suspension, but mostly I'm driving in 'comfort' mode where it floats more than the 535 did when cornering at high speed. It took me a while to get used to the E400, in part because I was so used to the spartan (by comparison) BMW interior styling, but the E400 is growing on me daily, and there are many things I like. The digital instrument display is amazing. HUD works well. Seats are decent (I had the comfort seat upgrade in BMW) and leather is better quality in E400. Command is comparable to BMW iDrive (they are different, but both work well). Interior E400 wins easily.

My cars are wagons. The BMW needed replacing, and the E400 (or the Volvo V90) are now the only choices available for full size wagons in US; if the 540 was available as a wagon, I'd probably have gone for that due to brand loyalty, so switching to MB at first seemed like going to the dark side. I test drove both the V90 and E400 and there was no comparison.
wagonsrock is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 02:30 PM
  #6  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
ua549's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Clearwater, Florida
Posts: 2,144
Liked 229 Times in 198 Posts
.
I like my 535i. I drive it for highway trips where the E300 is underpowered. (It's strictly a town car.) I considered a 540i but did not like the interior layout with the stuck on the dash touch screen tablet. From my driving position I couldn't reach the right side of the screen without leaving my driving position. Unlike the MB voice controls that work perfectly for me, the BMW had trouble understanding my voice.
ua549 is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 06:05 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 423
Liked 45 Times in 40 Posts
2019 E 450, 2016 E350 4matic (retired), 2018 Ford Edge Sport, 2008 Porsche Boxster
Just my $.02:

Previously to my MB I had two 535i xdrive BMW's. On my first long trip to Vermont (I am a skier) in my MB my first reaction was that they must have just paved the roads - it was that much smoother and quieter. There was no comparison: I arrived much more refreshed in my MB than in the BMW.

One possibility is that the 535 had run flat tires and my MB E350 has normal tires. Of course, for 2019 the E450 will also have run flat tires.

Coming home I came down the Hutchinson Parkway: Here the BMW handled much better than the MB. I also felt that the engine response in the 535 was significantly better than in my E350. (twin turbos are stronger than normally aspirated V6)

But overall, I prefer the driving experience of the MB to the BMW - something I would never have thought until my present E350.

A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to sit in both the E Class MB and the 5 series BMW: Dealers were within 1/4 mile of each other. First the BMW then the MB: to me there is no comparison: the BMW felt dated: the dash board with the "stuck on" screen looks like an afterthought; controls seemed far too busy and the whole feeling was that the dash badly needed an updating. Sitting in the MB brought a smile to my face.

However, the quality both are excellent - the execution, imo far better in the MB.

However, if the E450 leases out for $150 a month more than a comparably equipped BMW 540 I may have to rethink my options!

Finally, up until my E350 I have had leather seats for the past 20 years. However, I can honestly say that the MB Tex is excellent, cool in the summer, warm in the winter and extremely durable and easy to clean. My wife does not realize that the seats are not leather.

Of course if you want ventilated seats or other options, then you must also get leather.
JTK44 is offline  
The following users liked this post: JTK44
pop.tremuloides (08-22-2018)
Old 08-22-2018, 06:33 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 423
Liked 45 Times in 40 Posts
2019 E 450, 2016 E350 4matic (retired), 2018 Ford Edge Sport, 2008 Porsche Boxster
Dear Russmna29:

Just checked you build sheet:

From my DOG:
  • Premium Package, PO1 MSRP is $3,150. Your build sheet has MRSP of $1,750. This includes heated front seats. (873)
  • I believe the Burmester Surround Sound System (810) is included in the Premium Package.
  • You have listed heated and ventilated front seats (401). I do not understand rapid heating front seats (902)
I would also include:
  • Convenience package which includes: (317)
    • Keyless Go comfort package (P17)
  • Exterior lighting package (319)
  • Warmth and comfort package (445) and delete rapid heating front seats above (902)
JTK44 is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 06:40 PM
  #9  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 23
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
E400 Cab
Originally Posted by JTK44 View Post
Just my $.02:

Previously to my MB I had two 535i xdrive BMW's. On my first long trip to Vermont (I am a skier) in my MB my first reaction was that they must have just paved the roads - it was that much smoother and quieter. There was no comparison: I arrived much more refreshed in my MB than in the BMW.

One possibility is that the 535 had run flat tires and my MB E350 has normal tires. Of course, for 2019 the E450 will also have run flat tires.

Coming home I came down the Hutchinson Parkway: Here the BMW handled much better than the MB. I also felt that the engine response in the 535 was significantly better than in my E350. (twin turbos are stronger than normally aspirated V6)

But overall, I prefer the driving experience of the MB to the BMW - something I would never have thought until my present E350.

A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to sit in both the E Class MB and the 5 series BMW: Dealers were within 1/4 mile of each other. First the BMW then the MB: to me there is no comparison: the BMW felt dated: the dash board with the "stuck on" screen looks like an afterthought; controls seemed far too busy and the whole feeling was that the dash badly needed an updating. Sitting in the MB brought a smile to my face.

However, the quality both are excellent - the execution, imo far better in the MB.

However, if the E450 leases out for $150 a month more than a comparably equipped BMW 540 I may have to rethink my options!

Finally, up until my E350 I have had leather seats for the past 20 years. However, I can honestly say that the MB Tex is excellent, cool in the summer, warm in the winter and extremely durable and easy to clean. My wife does not realize that the seats are not leather.

Of course if you want ventilated seats or other options, then you must also get leather.
Your analysis is spot on with MB vs BMW and I appreciate your candor. The 5 really needs a refresh and its fit and finish is outshined by the E Class, IMO. Also appreciate the MB Tex comment but I really like the vented seats!
Russmna29 is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 06:43 PM
  #10  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 23
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
E400 Cab
Originally Posted by JTK44 View Post
Dear Russmna29:

Just checked you build sheet:

From my DOG:
  • Premium Package, PO1 MSRP is $3,150. Your build sheet has MRSP of $1,750. This includes heated front seats. (873)
  • I believe the Burmester Surround Sound System (810) is included in the Premium Package.
  • You have listed heated and ventilated front seats (401). I do not understand rapid heating front seats (902)
I would also include:
  • Convenience package which includes: (317)
    • Keyless Go comfort package (P17)
  • Exterior lighting package (319)
  • Warmth and comfort package (445) and delete rapid heating front seats above (902)
Youd think the software wouldn't allow combinations that weren't possible. I wish I could see that guide in writing rather than on his screen.
Russmna29 is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 07:04 PM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 423
Liked 45 Times in 40 Posts
2019 E 450, 2016 E350 4matic (retired), 2018 Ford Edge Sport, 2008 Porsche Boxster
As I posted go the box above, "Threads" and type in "2019 E450"

Threads will be propagated and you will see several that discuss the DOG for the 2019 E450.

You can open the DOG, and download it and print it out.

If I knew how to post the DOG I would do it, but I am not that technically savvy to do it.
JTK44 is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 07:20 PM
  #12  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 23
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
E400 Cab
I’ll find it!!!!!!
Russmna29 is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 07:24 PM
  #13  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
rbrylaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 3,333
Liked 272 Times in 225 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by Russmna29 View Post
I’ll find it!!!!!!
Send me a pm with your email address and I'll send you the one I have from July.
rbrylaw is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 07:31 PM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 423
Liked 45 Times in 40 Posts
2019 E 450, 2016 E350 4matic (retired), 2018 Ford Edge Sport, 2008 Porsche Boxster
Here is the DOG for 2019 E Class
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
W213 2019.1 (3).pdf (3.26 MB, 82 views)
JTK44 is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 07:35 PM
  #15  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
rbrylaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 3,333
Liked 272 Times in 225 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by JTK44 View Post
Here is the DOG for 2019 E Class
I have a newer one with the last revision date of 7/03 if anyone wants it.

rbrylaw is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 07:36 PM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 423
Liked 45 Times in 40 Posts
2019 E 450, 2016 E350 4matic (retired), 2018 Ford Edge Sport, 2008 Porsche Boxster
Yes: please post as an attachment. When I order my E450 in a few weeks I want the most up to date DOG.
JTK44 is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 07:39 PM
  #17  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
rbrylaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 3,333
Liked 272 Times in 225 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by JTK44 View Post
Yes: please post as an attachment. When I order my E450 in a few weeks I want the most up to date DOG.
I've tried to post it, but the file size is too large and my pea-sized brain can't figure out how to shrink it. Feel free to PM me your email address and I'll be happy to send it to you.
rbrylaw is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 07:42 PM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 423
Liked 45 Times in 40 Posts
2019 E 450, 2016 E350 4matic (retired), 2018 Ford Edge Sport, 2008 Porsche Boxster
You go to "advanced" below, manage attachments, browse, go to the file on your computer and then in the right hit "Upload":

More important are there any changes from the DOG I posted with revisions as of May 8, 2018?
JTK44 is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 07:45 PM
  #19  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
rbrylaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 3,333
Liked 272 Times in 225 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by JTK44 View Post
You go to "advanced" below, manage attachments, browse, go to the file on your computer and then in the right hit "Upload":

More important are there any changes from the DOG I posted with revisions as of May 8, 2018?
I honestly haven't compared them. I just tired to do the upload through manage attachments, but it's over 9GB and it's simply too large. I got it directly from my dealer, so it's the big boy file.
rbrylaw is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 07:48 PM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 423
Liked 45 Times in 40 Posts
2019 E 450, 2016 E350 4matic (retired), 2018 Ford Edge Sport, 2008 Porsche Boxster
At the beginning of the DOG there is "General Information" and "revision history".

Under Revision History, what is added after 05/08/18 - the date of my DOG?
JTK44 is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 07:53 PM
  #21  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
rbrylaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 3,333
Liked 272 Times in 225 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by JTK44 View Post
At the beginning of the DOG there is "General Information" and "revision history".

Under Revision History, what is added after 05/08/18 - the date of my DOG?

05/08/18 Updated pricing for AMG trims H09 and 736
05/15/18 Updated option package for designo Black/ Titanium Grey Pearl (P62) and designo Macchiato Beige/ Titian Red (P87): added chrome door pins
05/23/18 Pricing announcement of E 450 4M, E 53 & E63 S Updated option pricing (E 53 & E 63 S only): - Sun Protection Pkg (313) - AMG Nappa/ Black Piano Lacquer Performance Steering Wheel (L6L) Updated Night Package (521) description
06/07/18 Delayed availability for LED Logo Projectors (15A) for E300/4M & E450 4M & AMG LED Crest Projectors (25A) for E 53 & E 63 S
07/03/18 Updated acceleration 0-60 mph (sec) 5.0 seconds
rbrylaw is offline  
The following users liked this post: rbrylaw
JTK44 (08-22-2018)
Old 08-22-2018, 07:59 PM
  #22  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 423
Liked 45 Times in 40 Posts
2019 E 450, 2016 E350 4matic (retired), 2018 Ford Edge Sport, 2008 Porsche Boxster
Looks like updates for the AMG, E53 and E63 and faster acceleration.

The E450 remains basically unchanged.

Thanks.
JTK44 is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 08:04 PM
  #23  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
rbrylaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 3,333
Liked 272 Times in 225 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by JTK44 View Post
Looks like updates for the AMG, E53 and E63 and faster acceleration.

The E450 remains basically unchanged.

Thanks.
Yes, I don't think there many updates that applied to the E450. The 0-60 time of 5 seconds, I believe applies to the E450
rbrylaw is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 08:49 PM
  #24  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 423
Liked 45 Times in 40 Posts
2019 E 450, 2016 E350 4matic (retired), 2018 Ford Edge Sport, 2008 Porsche Boxster
Here is the DOG for the E 300 and E 450 with revisions through July 3, 2018.

We need to thank rbrylaw for supplying this DOG!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
DOG Pages 1-27 August 2018.pdf (4.84 MB, 69 views)
JTK44 is offline  
The following users liked this post: JTK44
rbrylaw (08-22-2018)
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Quick Reply: 2019 E450 build sheet, questions


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: