MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W213) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213-208/)
-   -   Leasing and buying (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213/719684-leasing-buying.html)

mike82212 08-29-2018 05:12 PM

Leasing and buying

looking to get possibly a 2018, 2019 CPO E300 latter this year or next. Have been looking at what's there and not many with P2 package or P3 and on top of that very few luxury versions, mostly sport. I'm will to wait to get what I want, but I'm sure there will be some compromises

So, what if I have built what I want and get a 2 or 3 year lease, I drive around 10, 000 a year and then buy at the end of the lease? I can't justify the payments for a new out the door car

Thanks

rbrylaw 08-29-2018 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by mike82212 (Post 7541667)
looking to get possibly a 2018, 2019 CPO E300 latter this year or next. Have been looking at what's there and not many with P2 package or P3 and on top of that very few luxury versions, mostly sport. I'm will to wait to get what I want, but I'm sure there will be some compromises

So, what if I have built what I want and get a 2 or 3 year lease, I drive around 10, 000 a year and then buy at the end of the lease? I can't justify the payments for a new out the door car

Thanks

Leasing with the option to buy at lease end works for a lot of people. Just make sure the residual value at lease end is not higher than the actual value of the car at that time. Otherwise, it wouldn't make sense to purchase it after the lease. Of course leasing to get the lowest payment possible is good if you're just going to flip the car to a new lease at the end. Paying a little more each month will help ensure the car isn't upside down at the end.

superangrypenguin 08-29-2018 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7541679)
Leasing with the option to buy at lease end works for a lot of people. Just make sure the residual value at lease end is not higher than the actual value of the car at that time. Otherwise, it wouldn't make sense to purchase it after the lease. Of course leasing to get the lowest payment possible is good if you're just going to flip the car to a new lease at the end. Paying a little more each month will help ensure the car isn't upside down at the end.

Depending on tax deduction rules lease and buy back can be a very unattractive offering. This is region specific but worth investigating if these tax deductions on motor expenses is something doable given employment eligibility.

mike82212 08-29-2018 05:49 PM

Taxes are not a issue, I’m retired and this is just for me.

teksurv 08-29-2018 07:14 PM

If interested to purchase at the end of the lease, keep in mind in most cases MBFS will release the car to auction. You can work with any MB dealer to negotiate a purchase of the car prior to turn in, as they will be able to purchase the car from MBFS at a rate less than the residual in most cases.