E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

A little help on E 450 ordering?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 04:51 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
E450 Coupe
Originally Posted by CaptainE

Leather is not $2990, so there is a way around paying that much.
Thanks. But to get the $1650 Leather, I'd have to accept Sport Styling or AMG Exterior, neither of which I want. So for me it would be a very long way around, a bridge too far, a road not (willingly) taken. :-)
Old 09-20-2018, 10:52 PM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
2019 E450 sedan

See above...
Originally Posted by lensjack
Thanks. But to get the $1650 Leather, I'd have to accept Sport Styling or AMG Exterior, neither of which I want. So for me it would be a very long way around, a bridge too far, a road not (willingly) taken. :-)
What country are you in? Where did you get this information?
I know this is for the E400.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:41 PM

E450 Coupe
US of A. Southern California. You are showing a sedan build. On my DOG for the E 450, it doesn't allow Macchiato Beige/Espresso with Heated and Ventilated seats except in Nappa Leather. Interior is critical to me. That's the color scheme I want. Am I missing something? It wouldn't be the first time. :-)

Apologies if I'm slow to respond to further posts. Will be traveling. As always, I'm grateful for the feedback as I learn how this works.

Happy weekend.
Old 09-21-2018, 03:13 AM

2019 E450 sedan

US of A. Southern California. You are showing a sedan build. On my DOG for the E 450, it doesn't allow Macchiato Beige/Espresso with Heated and Ventilated seats except in Nappa Leather. Interior is critical to me. That's the color scheme I want. Am I missing something? It wouldn't be the first time. :-)

Apologies if I'm slow to respond to further posts. Will be traveling. As always, I'm grateful for the feedback as I learn how this works.

Happy weekend.
I must have an old guide. Mine shows leather as no extra charge on the coupe.
What’s the code for sport styling?

Last edited by CaptainE; 09-21-2018 at 03:15 AM.
Old 09-21-2018, 09:43 AM

E450 Coupe

I must have an old guide. Mine shows leather as no extra charge on the coupe.
What’s the code for sport styling?
E 450 Code for Sport Styling on my DOG is 321; shows $1620 for Leather. Luxury Styling (167) shows $2990 for Nappa Leather.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:46 PM

2019 E450 sedan

I am not seeing your DOG. The 2018 coupes (2 door) have NO luxury styling option.

Are you saying you are ordering an E450 coupe (2 door) with a star on the hood? Can you reference any photo of such a car?
If you can’t post a photo here, post the webpage. Something.

The above picture is from the sedan, not the coupe DOG.

Last edited by CaptainE; 09-21-2018 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:36 AM

2019 E450 sedan
Did you get the order in yet? Keep us updated.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:12 PM

E450 Coupe

I am not seeing your DOG. The 2018 coupes (2 door) have NO luxury styling option.

Are you saying you are ordering an E450 coupe (2 door) with a star on the hood? Can you reference any photo of such a car?
If you can’t post a photo here, post the webpage. Something.

The above picture is from the sedan, not the coupe DOG.
I've been traveling, and had no chance to reply. Just back and catching up.

No, I haven't ordered yet. Did look at coupes in Tampa while there, and was able to narrow my wish list.

On this whole Nappa Leather & Luxury Styling thing, I'm not clear what my options are. I definitely want Heated & Ventilated Seats. And the DOG I've got -- last updated 8/27/18 -- says "Requires P01 Premium Package and Leather (2xx) or Nappa Leather (8xx) Upholstery." I also definitely want the Macchiato Being/Espresso Brown interior. And the only place I see that interior offered with any leather is on the page titled "Interior Upholstery - Luxury Styling (167)." So I'm thinking I've got to take Luxury Styling (167). My DOG describes the same features as the page you've pictured above.

After looking at cars in Tampa, I'm actually okay with the Nappa Leather. But I'm not clear on the whole Luxury Styling thing. Does "Mercedes-Benz star on hood" mean one of those stand-up ornaments? I don't want one. Or does it just mean flat on hood as opposed to being on the grille? And what happens if you don't pick Luxury Styling, Sport Styling, or AMG Line Exterior? I'm hoping to go see a dealer in Los Angeles before Friday to sort out this stuff. Also, I've got to dig into JTK's thread on pre-ordering to see if I can find more answers there. Getting close. But man, it's way more complicated than it should be.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 551 Likes on 415 Posts
2019 E 450, 2016 E350 4matic (retired), 2018 Ford Edge Sport, 2008 Porsche Boxster
I prefer the luxury styling to the sport styling:
  • Ground clearance is greater on the luxury vs. sport. This is important to me in both snow (I ski in Vermont) and in parking lots with cement bumps.
  • Luxury styling has the Mercedes "star"" on the hood; Sport has the Mercedes star in the front grill
  • Leather on the sport styling is $1,620 (215). Leather on the Luxury is $2,990 (815) a savings of $1.370.
  • Luxury has selective dampening (485) while sport has lowered suspension with selective damping (677)
  • Luxury styling has more chrome trim. If you go to MBUSA.com and go to build your car you can see the difference between Luxury and sport.
Having said all of the above and if you want ventilated seats which require leather than I would seriously consider the sport over the luxury for the savings on the leather seats - $1,370.
The following users liked this post:
lensjack (09-25-2018)
Old 09-25-2018, 12:57 AM

2019 E450 sedan
Originally Posted by JTK44
I prefer the luxury styling to the sport styling:
  • Ground clearance is greater on the luxury vs. sport. This is important to me in both snow (I ski in Vermont) and in parking lots with cement bumps.
  • Luxury styling has the Mercedes "star"" on the hood; Sport has the Mercedes star in the front grill
  • Leather on the sport styling is $1,620 (215). Leather on the Luxury is $2,990 (815) a savings of $1.370.
  • Luxury has selective dampening (485) while sport has lowered suspension with selective damping (677)
  • Luxury styling has more chrome trim. If you go to MBUSA.com and go to build your car you can see the difference between Luxury and sport.
Having said all of the above and if you want ventilated seats which require leather than I would seriously consider the sport over the luxury for the savings on the leather seats - $1,370.
Ok jt, lensjack is looking for a COUPE.

The coupe has no option for luxury on the mbusa website. I can’t get
him to tell if he’s looking at the correct dog.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:53 PM

E450 Coupe

Ok jt, lensjack is looking for a COUPE.

The coupe has no option for luxury on the mbusa website. I can’t get
him to tell if he’s looking at the correct dog.
Right you are Cap'n. Looking for a 2019 coupe; E 450. And the MB-USA Build site its still showing only 2018s.

I probably should have started this thread in the Coupe/Cab forum but being new to MB, this is where I landed first. And everyone here has been very helpful.

Not sure what you mean that you can't get me to tell if I'm looking at the right DOG. I said in a previous reply that the DOG I'm looking at was last updated 8/27/2018. If there's one more recent than that, I haven't yet seen it. Is that what you're asking about?

I tried attaching a page from that DOG yesterday but must have screwed up because it didn't work. Just tried again, and still couldn't get it to upload.
Old 09-25-2018, 06:32 PM

2019 E450 sedan
I just have never seen a luxury coupe.
This means star on the hood. No luxury option was offered for the 2108 coupe, hence my question.

You’re sure the DOG is for the coupe? When posting, use a screenshot or a photo, click Go advanced and you can attach with the paper clip icon.
Old 09-25-2018, 07:11 PM

E450 Coupe
Originally Posted by ua549
I always specify the brand and model of the tires I want. I don't care whether the VPC or the dealer installs the specified tires, but they are always there because it is part of my order. Only one time did I have to refuse delivery because of the wrong tires. It simply a matter of including the item in your order. If the dealer objects, walk away. After that they'll take your order.
Can you recommend good tires for the E 450 coupe with 18" wheels, assuming I want a comfortable ride and will want the same tires front and back so they can be rotated?
Old 09-25-2018, 07:18 PM

E450 Coupe
I just have never seen a luxury coupe.
This means star on the hood. No luxury option was offered for the 2108 coupe, hence my question.

You’re sure the DOG is for the coupe? When posting, use a screenshot or a photo, click Go advanced and you can attach with the paper clip icon.
The DOG apparently covers both the coupe and sedan, but isn't clear about which options are exclusive to which car. (Or I'm just reading it wrong.) My dealer has told me Luxury is sedan-only. Thanks for the photo/screenshot posting tip. Much appreciated.
Old 09-26-2018, 07:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 770 Likes on 608 Posts
Can you recommend good tires for the E 450 coupe with 18" wheels, assuming I want a comfortable ride and will want the same tires front and back so they can be rotated?
Conti's are very smooth riding.
The following users liked this post:
lensjack (09-26-2018)
Old 09-26-2018, 01:42 PM

2019 E450 sedan
The DOG apparently covers both the coupe and sedan, but isn't clear about which options are exclusive to which car. (Or I'm just reading it wrong.) My dealer has told me Luxury is sedan-only. Thanks for the photo/screenshot posting tip. Much appreciated.

Two questions;

1. Does your DOG have a revision page like this? You indicated that you know the revision date.

2. Inside the red oval is the DOG descriptor. What is yours indicating?

Old 09-26-2018, 02:24 PM

E450 Coupe

Two questions;

1. Does your DOG have a revision page like this? You indicated that you know the revision date.

2. Inside the red oval is the DOG descriptor. What is yours indicating?

Yes. As I said, Revision date shows 8/27/18; descriptor same as yours above. Except it's Page 3, not 2, on mine because the revisions roll to another page.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:51 PM

2019 E450 sedan

The coupe DOG should look like this^^^^^

It seems like you are looking at the sedan DOG if the page indicated “sedan”.

Yes. As I said, Revision date shows 8/27/18; descriptor same as yours above. Except it's Page 3, not 2, on mine because the revisions roll to another page.
Old 09-26-2018, 03:09 PM

E450 Coupe

The coupe DOG should look like this^^^^^

It seems like you are looking at the sedan DOG if the page indicated “sedan”.

Yep. You are right. Not that I ever doubted it. :-)

I thought the E 450 designation was reserved to the coupe, and this DOG covered both. Thanks for clarifying. I'll see if I can get a coupe-specific DOG.
Old 09-26-2018, 03:50 PM

2019 E450 sedan

Yep. You are right. Not that I ever doubted it. :-)

I thought the E 450 designation was reserved to the coupe, and this DOG covered both. Thanks for clarifying. I'll see if I can get a coupe-specific DOG.
Not sure why this is so hard. This is PAGE ONE - THE COVER OF THE DOG. And it shows a sedan.
Old 09-26-2018, 04:02 PM

E450 Coupe

Not sure why this is so hard. This is PAGE ONE - THE COVER OF THE DOG. And it shows a sedan.
Yes, you are still right. :-)

What would be equally helpful is if you could provide a coupe-specific DOG more recent than the 2/26/18 version I already have. Possible?
Old 09-26-2018, 04:16 PM

2019 E450 sedan
Yes, you are still right. :-)

What would be equally helpful is if you could provide a coupe-specific DOG more recent than the 2/26/18 version I already have. Possible?
Remember, you don’t have the coupe DOG. The most recent one may actually be from Jan or Feb.

It is not available except from a dealer. Nobody on this site has it. Not possible.

That is why I was asking if you had it.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:31 PM

E450 Coupe

Remember, you don’t have the coupe DOG. The most recent one may actually be from Jan or Feb.

It is not available except from a dealer. Nobody on this site has it. Not possible.

That is why I was asking if you had it.
Hey, Cap, thanks for the memory jog but I do, in fact, have a coupe DOG. Revision History date -- as I said above -- is 2/26/18. Under "Changes" it says "First Draft MY 19 DOG." And -- this'll make you smile -- there's a big picture of a coupe on the first page.

Confusion arose because when I went looking for a more recent version, a helpful dealer sent me what turned out to be a sedan version. But I locked in on its 8/27/18 Revision History, and wrongly assumed (because of the frequent appearance of the phrase "All Models") that it also applied to the coupe. Anyway, I've reached out to see if there's a newer version of the coupe DOG. Stay tuned.

BTW, I'm pretty sure I found that coupe DOG by searching forums here as somebody suggested. Not sure who posted it -- maybe a dealer. Just goes to show ya: anything is possible. :-)
Old 09-26-2018, 10:04 PM

2019 E450 sedan
Hey, Cap, thanks for the memory jog but I do, in fact, have a coupe DOG. Revision History date -- as I said above -- is 2/26/18. Under "Changes" it says "First Draft MY 19 DOG." And -- this'll make you smile -- there's a big picture of a coupe on the first page.

Confusion arose because when I went looking for a more recent version, a helpful dealer sent me what turned out to be a sedan version. But I locked in on its 8/27/18 Revision History, and wrongly assumed (because of the frequent appearance of the phrase "All Models") that it also applied to the coupe. Anyway, I've reached out to see if there's a newer version of the coupe DOG. Stay tuned.

BTW, I'm pretty sure I found that coupe DOG by searching forums here as somebody suggested. Not sure who posted it -- maybe a dealer. Just goes to show ya: anything is possible. :-)

Ok, I’d like to see it. What subforum?

Id love to see a coupe in luxury too.
Old 09-27-2018, 05:21 AM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
W213
Id love to see a coupe in luxury too.
The coupe is not available in luxury styling (with MB-star on the hood)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A little help on E 450 ordering?