MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W213) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213-208/)
-   -   Mercedes me new features announced (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213/724203-mercedes-me-new-features-announced.html)

Egonvdv 10-15-2018 02:57 PM

Mercedes me new features announced

the webiste here in France is updated and now shows a few new features.

1) Tidal music - 1 year free. works directly in the car for 2018 models, prior that via mobile phone app (bluetooth streaming)
2) predictive navigation in the mercedes me app. ( apparently for it to work, this also needs to be activated in the car's GPS, but i can't find where…?)
3) alexa & google assistant apps compatible. (but i've installed both on my iPhone and both say they are not compatible with mercedes me…?)
4) Interface to third-party providers. no idea what this for, as it's not showing anything…?
5) in the mercedes me app it now show whether a parking garage is full or not.

Cambridgehank 10-15-2018 05:47 PM

I am not seeing all of those changes here in USA

rbrylaw 10-15-2018 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Cambridgehank (Post 7577929)
I am not seeing all of those changes here in USA

Do you see any of the changes in the app here in the US? Europe often gets things we don't. For example in Germany, when you order a Mercedes, you get whats called Joyful Anticipation to track the progress of your car as it goes through the manufacturing process: https://www.mercedes-benz.com/en/mer...enz-customers/

I'd be willing to wager there are thousands of sales people at MB dealerships here in the US who would help pay for this for their US customers.

ua549 10-16-2018 08:14 AM

I have Mercedes me version 2.4.1 - #202eb26 on my Galaxy S9.

Egonvdv 10-17-2018 08:00 AM

so does anyone know how predictive navigation works & what the Interface to third-party providers is for?

Slugsy 10-23-2018 03:32 PM

So picked up my 2019 E63S. It appears that TIDAL is available but only through the mobile phone and not in the car. That is only available with MBUX.

Really disappointing as had Napster built into my X5 and it was great. Can’t understand why Mercedes are so behind the curve ball, the COMAND system must have the capability.

E63guy 10-25-2018 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Egonvdv (Post 7579157)
so does anyone know how predictive navigation works & what the Interface to third-party providers is for?

I would assume you have to link it to your calendar? Or, it must learn over time the way Google does (e.g. I get in my car and my watch flashes '12 minutes to Home' or whatever).

Egonvdv 10-25-2018 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by E63guy (Post 7585762)
I would assume you have to link it to your calendar? Or, it must learn over time the way Google does (e.g. I get in my car and my watch flashes '12 minutes to Home' or whatever).

no, from what i udnerstand it just knows where the car goes and guesses your movements and/or where you want to go when you start typing an address.
but for me nothing has changed in the app, nor on the webiste. eventhough i did activate this feature.

the whole mercedes me website is confusing as f*ck

ua549 10-25-2018 04:34 PM

I believe it learns from the routes you take from a to b. If the route is a deviation from what the nav calculates it remembers the deviation for the next time you want to go from a to b.

Egonvdv 10-26-2018 05:09 AM

yes that's how they describe it, but i don't see any new changes when i use the app
as mentionedd before on mercedes me it says you haver to activate the feature ALSO in the gps, but i can not find this anywhere.
It seems to me that activating "tracking car" should be enough? (and this is under settings, not GPS)
they really should do a complete overhaul of their website as it's just too damn confusing

parkwood 10-27-2018 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Egonvdv (Post 7586660)
yes that's how they describe it, but i don't see any new changes when i use the app
as mentionedd before on mercedes me it says you haver to activate the feature ALSO in the gps, but i can not find this anywhere.
It seems to me that activating "tracking car" should be enough? (and this is under settings, not GPS)
they really should do a complete overhaul of their website as it's just too damn confusing

totally agree. Still cannot understand why mb think it good to shut down phone access to internet via comand in favour of a subscrption service which offers a less good facility.
as i understand it if i subscribe to in car connection all i will get is internet radio via tidal and a browser which i already have on the phone. The website gives no assistance whatsoever as to what is actually possible how it works etc. I am not stupid but a basic guide would be really helpful😡