MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W213) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213-208/)
-   -   2019 E450 Luxury design and MB web site (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213/724550-2019-e450-luxury-design-mb-web-site.html)

JTK44 10-18-2018 11:06 PM

2019 E450 Luxury design and MB web site

Back in September I ordered a 2019 E450 Luxury Design with many options.

For "kicks" I just went to the MB web site to configure my car.

When I choose Luxury design the configurator automatically added AIR BODY CONTROL. This is a $1,900 option.

I have checked my purchase order and AIR BODY CONTROL is not on my order.

Do you think this is a mistake on the MB web site?

Has anyone else ordered a 2019 Luxury Design with or without the AIR BODY CONTROL?

rbrylaw 10-19-2018 09:20 AM

Did the price of your online configured car match the price your dealer suggested you'd pay?

JTK44 10-19-2018 09:32 AM

No, it included the price of the Air Body Control.

Also there was a charge for the MB Tex and a double charge for the Iridium Silver.

I also tried to price out an E300 4matic Luxury Design. I wanted the same options as on the E450 4Matic, but the pricing did not include and the summary did not include the premium package and the summary pricing was off by about $5000 - too low.

Maybe the "build" site has some gliches?

As I have a confirmed price from my dealer, without the Air Body Control, I do not want to call him. If the car comes in with the Air Body Control, I do not expect to pay for something I did not order.

rbrylaw 10-19-2018 09:36 AM

I don't know why Air Body Control would be required on a Luxury E300? Have you asked your dealer for a printout of the build from NetStar? My dealer gave me mine and I was able to confirm my car was being built to the exact options I specified.

JTK44 10-19-2018 09:41 AM

Yes I have the print out and I was required to sign and return which I have done. No Air Body Control.

The Air Body control is not on the DOG; was not on the build for the 2018 Luxury Design and was never mentioned by the dealer.

That is why, together with the gliches is pricing on the E300 4matic, that I think there are errors on the MBUSA build site.

rbrylaw 10-19-2018 09:42 AM

Likely so. The new build configuration just went live yesterday and from past turnovers, I remember lot's of errors when that happened.

rbrylaw 10-19-2018 09:46 AM

But let's say worst case the car came with it and it's required for a Luxury build. In your case, you're leasing the car for 3 years. You wouldn't be paying 100% of the cost of that option anyway.

JTK44 10-19-2018 09:46 AM

Perhaps you can use the site and configure your car and see if it is the same as you ordered and report back?

rbrylaw 10-19-2018 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by JTK44 (Post 7580913)
Perhaps you can use the site and configure your car and see if it is the same as you ordered and report back?

I already did. I'm not getting the Luxury build. Mine is AMG Styling and my build on MBUSA yesterday yielded the exact options from NetStar as I ordered them and for the precise price I was quoted back in late July, when I ordered the car.

JTK44 10-19-2018 09:48 AM

I prefer to thank the dealer for the Air Body Control as I did not order it and do not expect to pay for something I did not order.

But worse case scenario, I see your point about leasing and only paying for 41% of the $1,900 instead of full price!

rbrylaw 10-19-2018 09:53 AM

See, I was paying attention! I had figured out using JTK44 math that this would raise your monthly payment by at worst $21/month. Or the equivalent of 4 Starbucks Grande Latte's a month!

LAC300 10-19-2018 01:16 PM

Hopefully it's an error, I love the luxury package, to me it makes the car much better looking and more comfortable to drive.

JTK44 10-19-2018 01:24 PM

+!

superangrypenguin 10-19-2018 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by LAC300 (Post 7581093)
Hopefully it's an error, I love the luxury package, to me it makes the car much better looking and more comfortable to drive.

If comfort is truly what you're looking for, then the air suspension is a no brainer.

I bet you that is why MB has made it a mandatory option (if the website is indeed correct).

JTK44 10-19-2018 08:01 PM

Do not have it on my E350 and really do not want to pay extra for it on my E450. Drove an E 300 without the air body control and was quite satisfied with the ride.

superangrypenguin 10-19-2018 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by JTK44 (Post 7581484)
Do not have it on my E350 and really do not want to pay extra for it on my E450. Drove an E 300 without the air body control and was quite satisfied with the ride.

I literally, just two days ago, finally drove a E450 with air body control (2019 model). I have driven the E300 and E400 previously, both in lux and sport trim but never with air body control b/c it's rarely specced here in Canada. Holy crap the Air Body Control is NIGHT and day (MUCH better) for comfort!!!!!

This is quite literally an option I would buy in a heartbeat, (same with the acoustic comfort package of course)

JTK44 10-19-2018 08:20 PM

Well I may have no choice, so I guess I should just sit back and enjoy the enhanced ride!

JTK44 10-19-2018 08:27 PM

Just spec out a E450 Sport Design and the air body control is an option for $1,900. So really do not understand why it is "mandatory" on the E450 Luxury Design and an option as well on the E300 Luxury Design.

Not saying it isn't nice, just not nice enough for me to spend an extra $1,900 (41% as I lease!)

teksurv 10-19-2018 08:29 PM

While I was looking at various E 400 coupes on my hunt, I had originally was looking to have ABC. I was willing to order, but the dealer found a car with every other option I wanted, minus ABC. I had them bring it down, drove it and was sold. ABC is nice, no doubt. If you want the smoothest possible ride, get it. If you are comfortable with the steel spring performance, apply the savings to your wallet or other options.

CaptainE 10-19-2018 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin (Post 7581495)
I literally, just two days ago, finally drove a E450 with air body control (2019 model). I have driven the E300 and E400 previously, both in lux and sport trim but never with air body control b/c it's rarely specced here in Canada. Holy crap the Air Body Control is NIGHT and day (MUCH better) for comfort!!!!!

This is quite literally an option I would buy in a heartbeat, (same with the acoustic comfort package of course)

I might have to see if I can test drive one with ABC then. Talked out of it by the sales guy and research here. Hmmm.

Coming Soon - 2019 E450 in designo white metallic, Nut Brown Leather, 19" AMG Twin 5 spoke Wheels, Natural Grain Black Ash Wood and All the Electronic Goodies MB Makes, Including 12.3” Digital Instrument Cluster, Massage front seats, Heated and ventilated front seats, Night package, Air balance cabin air purification, Wheel locking bolts, Luxury front headrests, All season tires, Acoustic Comfort package, Exterior Lighting package, V6 Biturbo engine...

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” - Mark Twain

JTK44 10-19-2018 08:34 PM

+1

My thoughts exactly. The E Class ride is so superior, at least imo, to any other mid size sedan out there, there is no need to spend an additional $1,900 to marginally improve an already great ride.

Hell, we are paying over $70,000 for a luxury sedan! You mean we have to pay extra for a comfortable ride??????

I thought a luxury ride in a $70,000 car was standard!!!

superangrypenguin 10-19-2018 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by JTK44 (Post 7581511)
+1

My thoughts exactly. The E Class ride is so superior, at least imo, to any other mid size sedan out there, there is no need to spend an additional $1,900 to marginally improve an already great ride.

Hell, we are paying over $70,000 for a luxury sedan! You mean we have to pay extra for a comfortable ride??????

I thought a luxury ride in a $70,000 car was standard!!!

The E class is, de facto, a sports luxury sedan. IMHO, a pure S class is a luxury sedan.

Nonetheless, you can call a cat a dog but it still remains a cat. E.g. with RFTs and such, you cannot manipulate the laws of physics with just steel springs. There's only so much one can do with steel springs.

Or to skin this cat a different way, a $70,000 E class is a luxury car, but with the acoustic comfort package, and air springs, it becomes even nicer.

And whoa, back up a little here, a $70,000 car and you have to pay for real leather? Or for seats that cool you?

What surprises you about having to pay for air springs? Even seat belts are an option on these cars. (as a joke, but not really)

Here I am befuddled why anyone would not pay the $1K for the ACP, or even the $6000 for the Burmester 3D stereo....life's about choices, we all make different ones, that's all.

JTK44 10-19-2018 08:59 PM

Yes it is nicer, but imo you have reached a point of extreme diminishing returns: In other words not much bang for the buck! (again my opinion only)

Road test show how quiet the E Class is, actually I believe best in class. With the acoustical package make it even quieter? Yes, but if you already have best in class quiet. how much better do you want to go.......?

Same with handling: we start off with best in class. Spend more money to even make it better than best in class?

In Europe, Asia and Australia, most S Class, 740 BMW and Audi 8 are chauffeur driven. It is rare sight indeed to see these cars owner driven and even rarer for a women to be seen driving an S Class.

Not so here in the USA.

So for Europe, Asia and Australia, the luxury cars that are owner driven are the E Class, 5 series and Audi 6.

(Do not know about South America, Mexico or Africa)

rbrylaw 10-19-2018 09:31 PM

I've tested the ABC and simply don't think it's worth (TO ME) the extra $1900. I find the ride of my car fantastic enough. I don't really need to float down the road. And I just can't see the benefit of the Acoustic Glass on a car that is already more quiet than any car I've owned. More quiet simply wouldn't make it more pleasurable for me. Again, all just my opinion. For those who think these options are worth the price of admission, it's great they are options you can buy.

JTK44 10-19-2018 09:33 PM

+1