Rod's New Ride

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 07:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by Cao Black
I was not offended by your use of the word. I'm actually more saddened by the over-sensitivity and lack of sense of humor these days. My automotive definition of Ricer (Rice Rocket, if you prefer) is about the severly moded Asian cars, NOT the drivers (who, as far as I have observed, are quite diverse). I felt your senior person humor.

BTW, great car...
LOL and Thanks! I was successful in getting a forum mod to change the title, since I never intended to offend anyone. It's all good. I'd rather people drool over my new car and not get caught up in a debate over something I never intended to do.

Ps: Age is just a number. I'm actually 63, but If you met me in real life, people are often quite surprised to learn my actual age. I certainly don't think or act like an elderly person. And if genetics do their part, I come from a long line of long livers. My father, who smoked 3 packs of cancer sticks a day lived in pretty good health till 95. My mother made it to 90. My grandmother 102 and grandfather 98 (he was diabetic, chain smoked cigars and she smoke cigs right up till she passed away).

Last edited by rbrylaw; 11-01-2018 at 07:56 PM.
Old 11-01-2018, 08:10 PM

Received 130 Likes on 99 Posts
2015 ML350+2021 E350
Originally Posted by rbrylaw
LOL and Thanks! I was successful in getting a forum mod to change the title, since I never intended to offend anyone. It's all good. I'd rather people drool over my new car and not get caught up in a debate over something I never intended to do.

Ps: Age is just a number. I'm actually 63, but If you met me in real life, people are often quite surprised to learn my actual age. I certainly don't think or act like an elderly person. And if genetics do their part, I come from a long line of long livers. My father, who smoked 3 packs of cancer sticks a day lived in pretty good health till 95. My mother made it to 90. My grandmother 102 and grandfather 98 (he was diabetic, chain smoked cigars and she smoke cigs right up till she passed away).
Well alrighty then...and no offense, but you are a SEXagenarian! It's the new twenty-something!
Old 11-01-2018, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Cao Black
Well alrighty then...and no offense, but you are a SEXagenarian! It's the new twenty-something!
Yes. Yes I am!!!!
Old 11-01-2018, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 150 Likes on 128 Posts
2019 Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet NEW Mercedes 2020 GLC300 graphite gray SUV
I'll be honest, I was more offended by the "old" comment from the other poster...being a young 67 myself.

Thanks for clearing up my question on the remote pilot app. So it's NOT even available here in the US, eh? Why the hell not? That's such bs... just like the Adaptive High beam Assist being disabled; other than the automatic high beams and cornering lights. To pay for this stuff and then to have it partially disabled or non functioning is a crime.

Still non stop raining here....may have to wait till Saturday or maybe Monday or Tuesday to pick up. Such crummy weather here.

Old 11-01-2018, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by rustybear3
I'll be honest, I was more offended by the "old" comment from the other poster...being a young 67 myself.
Thanks for clearing up my question on the remote pilot app. So it's NOT even available here in the US, eh? Why the hell not? That's such bs... just like the Adaptive High beam Assist being disabled; other than the automatic high beams and cornering lights. To pay for this stuff and then to have it partially disabled or non functioning is a crime.

Still non stop raining here....may have to wait till Saturday or maybe Monday or Tuesday to pick up. Such crummy weather here.
Yes, the old comment was a tad harsh, but then it got the point across that I could have been more careful with my reference.

Nope, it's not even available in the US. I actually wrote MBUSA to ask if it would ever be available here. I got the following answer.

"Thank you for contacting Mercedes me connect regarding Remote park assist.

With Remote park assist that is standard with our 2019 vehicles, it will be available for your car once you pick it up in the next week or two. Park Pilot is not currently available within the United States due to security reasons. There isn't an update as of yet when it will be available in the United States, but when it does become accessible, customers will be notified via email."

We likely have the NHTSA or DOT to thank for many advancements available in other countries, but not available in the US.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 653 Likes on 511 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
Rod, with the M brace, I have it nearly set up, I'm hoping it works tomorrow, I guess it takes a long time for everything to load. I do have internet connection and internet radio working, although the internet says limited internet, it is very slow. Whats going on is Mercedes is transitioning from Verizon to ATT and that has been going on for a couple of months so the internet is very spotty, sometimes works sometimes does not. MB claims the transition is not going to be done until December, so a while to go yet. I think this is one reason it's taking so long for all my m Brace functions to load. Apparently the reason for us not having the Remote parking Pilot is not so much regs but Verizon and thats one reason MB is switching over to ATT.
Old 11-02-2018, 09:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg
Rod, with the M brace, I have it nearly set up, I'm hoping it works tomorrow, I guess it takes a long time for everything to load. I do have internet connection and internet radio working, although the internet says limited internet, it is very slow. Whats going on is Mercedes is transitioning from Verizon to ATT and that has been going on for a couple of months so the internet is very spotty, sometimes works sometimes does not. MB claims the transition is not going to be done until December, so a while to go yet. I think this is one reason it's taking so long for all my m Brace functions to load. Apparently the reason for us not having the Remote parking Pilot is not so much regs but Verizon and thats one reason MB is switching over to ATT.
I don't know if the switch to AT&T is slowing your internet service down. We have Verizon in the E400 and it's never been great. But thus far with AT&T my internet service in the car has been solid. I do hope the changeover to AT&T does open up the Remote Parking option. Day 4 now since I got my car and still Mercedes Me Connect is not activated in my car. I thought I was getting somewhere last night when I started my car and it asked if I wanted to connect to Me Connect via the Comand system. I of course said yes, but as of this morning, nothing else has changed.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:32 AM

Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts
Mercedes Benz e450 Wagon / Porsche 911 Cabriolet
Vis a vis the Mercedes Me, I suggest logging on their site with your computer and trying to do the setup from there. That made the difference for me. Then, slowly but surely, and after MUCH searching around in the settings and configs (basically clicking everyone in my profile), it asked me to enable all the extra features. It works perfectly now.

Nevertheless, the app is slow and not well executed but such is life; it's Mercedes, not Apple or Google.

Good luck with your car. What a beautiful color. Up in dreary NY, I went with grey for my new wagon.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by nycebo
Vis a vis the Mercedes Me, I suggest logging on their site with your computer and trying to do the setup from there. That made the difference for me. Then, slowly but surely, and after MUCH searching around in the settings and configs (basically clicking everyone in my profile), it asked me to enable all the extra features. It works perfectly now.

Nevertheless, the app is slow and not well executed but such is life; it's Mercedes, not Apple or Google.

Good luck with your car. What a beautiful color. Up in dreary NY, I went with grey for my new wagon.
Yep, I've done that several times as well. But thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks for the kudos on the car. Our E400 is Silver. It is without question the best car color for not showing dirt or swirl marks.
Old 11-02-2018, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet NEW Mercedes 2020 GLC300 graphite gray SUV
Now color me concerned and mad. After being told by my dealer Monday that my car should be in this week, it's not!

Do you guys know if these carriers make stops to other locations and dealers on the way, or is it a straight shot to the dealership?

I guess that's on me to a degree assuming that I could pick my car up any day now. My salesperson is off today, but will call me tomorrow to see what's up. DAMN!
Old 11-02-2018, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm so sorry to see this and I know you're bummed. Your sales guy/gal should have access to not only the carrier your car is with, but each dealership has a manifest with details on when a car should arrive. But in answer to your question, it's very common for cars meant for multiple dealerships to be on a single carrier truck and they often make stops along the way. But once they offload, they just get back on the road to the next dealership. My car left Brunswick, GA a week ago today and made it to Tampa on Monday in the morning. It likely could have come Sunday, but even though my dealer is open on Sunday, they don't accept cars when the personnel who take the new car arrivals aren't working.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Other than the Mercedes Me Connect app being a total bust, I finally found a teeny tiny defect on my car. I've actually known since Wednesday, but I didn't want to post anything about it until I knew how my dealer would take care of it. So what is this teeny tiny defect? There's a truly small nick in the glass of the drivers door window. It actually looks like tree sap hardened and turned white, but it's an indentation in the glass and you can feel it's a chip with your fingernail. It likely was struck by a rock during transport. Most people wouldn't notice it. I'm not most people. I'm an OCD perfectionist and I'm sorry, but a $75,000 car shouldn't come with chips in the glass or paint. I had actually offered my dealer the option of filling this tiny chip with a resin, like have Safelite fix it, but they decided that wasn't acceptable, so they've ordered a new window from Mercedes Germany and they said it will likely come in a week and then I'll drop the car off to have the window replaced and re-tinted.

Otherwise, I love driving this car like no other Mercedes I've owned. And that includes having had a SL500 at one time. This is the best E Class car I've had yet and I've had a bunch of E's too.

Tomorrow morning my detail guy is coming over to put a very durable coat of Collinite pure carnauba wax on my car. It's supposed to be a nice sunny and unusually cool for Tampa day tomorrow, so I'll take a couple pics of her freshly waxed!
Old 11-02-2018, 08:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 653 Likes on 511 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
Glad you didn't get hit with any of the storms this afternoon. Even here in Venice it really started blowing hard, all the palm trees were really moving around and some debris in the back yard.
Old 11-02-2018, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg
Glad you didn't get hit with any of the storms this afternoon. Even here in Venice it really started blowing hard, all the palm trees were really moving around and some debris in the back yard.
Thanks. Some areas got hit hard. We were very lucky here. And all that for one really cool day, then right back into the mid-80s on Sunday.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:22 PM

Other than the Mercedes Me Connect app being a total bust
First off, sorry to hear about the glass but totally understand your desire for it being pristine. We work hard for these things, so they should be how we want them.

Now on to the real issue. You have to get the Mercedes Me app to work. That is crazy. When you're online, do you see your car and proper VIN listed? Or is it not seeing a car at all?
Old 11-02-2018, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

First off, sorry to hear about the glass but totally understand your desire for it being pristine. We work hard for these things, so they should be how we want them.

Now on to the real issue. You have to get the Mercedes Me app to work. That is crazy. When you're online, do you see your car and proper VIN listed? Or is it not seeing a car at all?
I have wasted so much with my dealer and MBUSA on this blasted supposed great app. When online, yes I see my proper VIN, but the car doesn't seem to be seen by Mercedes. In fact, when I called using the Me Connect button in the car, they had no clue I was calling from a Mercedes car. Today, the Me Connect team called and had me go out to my car and do a total reboot. This supposedly causes the car to be removed from Mercedes servers in Germany no less, then the car will supposedly reconnect. I was told to sign out of the app and not go into it via web browser or on the app on my phone until they call me Sunday morning and see if we can the activation going.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:53 PM

Today, the Me Connect team called and had me go out to my car and do a total reboot. This supposedly causes the car to be removed from Mercedes servers in Germany no less, then the car will supposedly reconnect. I was told to sign out of the app and not go into it via web browser or on the app on my phone until they call me Sunday morning and see if we can the activation going.
Probably the best approach. Sorry about this bittersweet experience. However, since they don't know it's you calling from the car, you should prank call them all the time until Sunday!

Keep us posted.
Old 11-02-2018, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Probably the best approach. Sorry about this bittersweet experience. However, since they don't know it's you calling from the car, you should prank call them all the time until Sunday!

Keep us posted.
LOL.

Me Connect Rep: "Thank you for calling Me Connect, how can I help you today?
Me: Is your refrigerator running?

Ba dump bump!!!

Last edited by rbrylaw; 11-02-2018 at 11:03 PM.
Old 11-03-2018, 06:30 AM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
2019 MB C300 4Matic (me); 2021 BMW 530i xDrive (husband)
Other than the Mercedes Me Connect app being a total bust, I finally found a teeny tiny defect on my car. I've actually known since Wednesday, but I didn't want to post anything about it until I knew how my dealer would take care of it. So what is this teeny tiny defect? There's a truly small nick in the glass of the drivers door window. It actually looks like tree sap hardened and turned white, but it's an indentation in the glass and you can feel it's a chip with your fingernail. It likely was struck by a rock during transport. Most people wouldn't notice it. I'm not most people. I'm an OCD perfectionist and I'm sorry, but a $75,000 car shouldn't come with chips in the glass or paint. I had actually offered my dealer the option of filling this tiny chip with a resin, like have Safelite fix it, but they decided that wasn't acceptable, so they've ordered a new window from Mercedes Germany and they said it will likely come in a week and then I'll drop the car off to have the window replaced and re-tinted.

Otherwise, I love driving this car like no other Mercedes I've owned. And that includes having had a SL500 at one time. This is the best E Class car I've had yet and I've had a bunch of E's too.

Tomorrow morning my detail guy is coming over to put a very durable coat of Collinite pure carnauba wax on my car. It's supposed to be a nice sunny and unusually cool for Tampa day tomorrow, so I'll take a couple pics of her freshly waxed!
No palm trees here in Winston-Salem, NC but we do have lots of tall trees that are losing their leaves. Amazingly I am getting very triggered by all the leaves settling on my new car, so I am often going out there to pluck them off. My husband thinks he's now in a new kind of relationship based on how I am treating the new car.
Old 11-03-2018, 06:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'll be honest, other than inputing directions occasionally to the navigator, and since it doesn't support assist pilot to this point, for me personally, the ME connect app doesn't seem to provide much. I really have no need to remotely start the car, and I know where I park my car. That being said, it's yet one more example of a frustration that purchasers of a luxury vehicle should NOT be subjected to. My Cadillac app worked flawlessly...and even though I didn't use it much, it was nice to know I had it when needed.

Now back to my situation. Will anxiously await my sales guys call this morning and will put forth the questions on the info rbrylaw gave me (thanks rbylaw) regarding where my car is or isn't. I will let you know what I learn.
Old 11-03-2018, 09:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by GSOTXL
No palm trees here in Winston-Salem, NC but we do have lots of tall trees that are losing their leaves. Amazingly I am getting very triggered by all the leaves settling on my new car, so I am often going out there to pluck them off. My husband thinks he's now in a new kind of relationship based on how I am treating the new car.
LOL. Wait till Spring comes with the multiple inches a day you guys get with pollen. I lived in Raleigh for a very short period of time but I remember having my car washed in the spring and it turning yellow in minutes.

Originally Posted by rustybear3
I'll be honest, other than inputing directions occasionally to the navigator, and since it doesn't support assist pilot to this point, for me personally, the ME connect app doesn't seem to provide much. I really have no need to remotely start the car, and I know where I park my car. That being said, it's yet one more example of a frustration that purchasers of a luxury vehicle should NOT be subjected to. My Cadillac app worked flawlessly...and even though I didn't use it much, it was nice to know I had it when needed.

Now back to my situation. Will anxiously await my sales guys call this morning and will put forth the questions on the info rbrylaw gave me (thanks rbylaw) regarding where my car is or isn't. I will let you know what I learn.
Hope you get good news this morning!
Old 11-03-2018, 09:53 AM

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
2019 e63s
Congrats. On the train heading down to DC from NYC to get my 450. Ordered an e63 back in May but who knows when that will come in. Hopefully next month I hear. Will make the same trip again.

Enjoy it. She’s a beauty. Looking forward to my 3.5 hour drive back home today.
Old 11-03-2018, 09:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks and WOW and 450 and 63? And I thought we were grooving with a 400 and a 450! LOL Enjoy your drive home and pics are mandatory!
Old 11-03-2018, 10:01 AM

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
2019 e63s
Thank you. The 63 is mine and was ordered first. 450 is my wife’s and it wasn’t something that was planned. You know how that stuff works. Just kinda happened. Ordered hers in June. Was hoping I’d be driving my 63 by now. Been built since July just waiting to come across the pond. Just have to be patient. Getting the 450 will be nice. I’m excited for it.
Old 11-03-2018, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by vicm81
Thank you. The 63 is mine and was ordered first. 450 is my wife’s and it wasn’t something that was planned. You know how that stuff works. Just kinda happened. Ordered hers in June. Was hoping I’d be driving my 63 by now. Been built since July just waiting to come across the pond. Just have to be patient. Getting the 450 will be nice. I’m excited for it.
The 450 is FANTASTIC, so I am sure the 63 will be amazing! And yes, I know how that stuff works. We certainly never planned to buy an E300/E400, then trade the E300 after two months for the E450 I had originally ordered. And we had actually ordered a C300 Cabriolet for my partner, but wound up with the E300 instead. He seems happy with the E400 and I'm in love with the E450.

Safe travels home today. Did your wife come with you since it's her car?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rod's New Ride