MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W213) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213-208/)
-   -   2018 E400 Engine Sound (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213/725951-2018-e400-engine-sound.html)

ne0n_flamez7 11-02-2018 03:36 PM

2018 E400 Engine Sound

I just bought a 2018 E400 and I was hoping to get more of the 'crackle sounds' that usually come from the AMG engines. From what I know C43 AMG have the same v6 engine, but that sounds much more aggressive and has a lot more 'crackle sounds'.
My knowledge is very limited, but I was hoping I could get some suggestions on how to make my car sound more aggressive and more of those crackling sounds

superangrypenguin 11-02-2018 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by ne0n_flamez7 (Post 7593275)
I just bought a 2018 E400 and I was hoping to get more of the 'crackle sounds' that usually come from the AMG engines. From what I know C43 AMG have the same v6 engine, but that sounds much more aggressive and has a lot more 'crackle sounds'.
My knowledge is very limited, but I was hoping I could get some suggestions on how to make my car sound more aggressive and more of those crackling sounds

Two totally different cars designed for two totally different audiences. If you wanted that more aggressive sound, you should have bought an E43 AMG. It's a faux AMG that would give you what you're looking for. A E300/400 is focused on comfort/luxury.

rbrylaw 11-02-2018 03:45 PM

Kind of have to agree with superangrypenguin on this one. Though I'm sure there are engine mods and exhausts you can get aftermarket to change the sound of the engine. Check out some of the threads on modding. If you actually own the car, you can do what you want. If you're leasing the car, I wouldn't mod it at all. Heck, I wouldn't mod my two cars and they were paid for outright, but that's up to you what you do with your car. If you mod the car, you need to consider what if anything it will do to your new car warranty.

teksurv 11-02-2018 05:02 PM

As stated you won't get the exhaust note of the V6 AMGs even with the same basic engine. That exhaust is tuned specifically for that car. I'm not sure if this applies to your car, but my coupe, in Sport+ does have the snap crackle pop noises, but not as loud as the AMG cars.

ne0n_flamez7 11-02-2018 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7593284)
Kind of have to agree with superangrypenguin on this one. Though I'm sure there are engine mods and exhausts you can get aftermarket to change the sound of the engine. Check out some of the threads on modding. If you actually own the car, you can do what you want. If you're leasing the car, I wouldn't mod it at all. Heck, I wouldn't mod my two cars and they were paid for outright, but that's up to you what you do with your car. If you mod the car, you need to consider what if anything it will do to your new car warranty.

Thats true, I guess I posted in the wrong thread. That is what I was looking for - if I want that aggressive sound what mods I should go for etc etc. I'll do some research on the modding threads.

Originally Posted by teksurv (Post 7593380)
As stated you won't get the exhaust note of the V6 AMGs even with the same basic engine. That exhaust is tuned specifically for that car. I'm not sure if this applies to your car, but my coupe, in Sport+ does have the snap crackle pop noises, but not as loud as the AMG cars.

Same, I do get those pop noises in Sports+ but definitely not as loud.