MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W213) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213-208/)
-   -   Turn your clocks back tonight (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213/726051-turn-your-clocks-back-tonight.html)

Cambridgehank 11-03-2018 08:01 PM

Turn your clocks back tonight

I just got an email from my dealer, reminding me to turn my clocks back tonight.
They also offered to turn the clocks in my car back for me, if I could not do it.
The W213 is supposed to be the most tech savvy car made. It does not set its clocks? My iphone, iPad, the cable box even and various computers in the house will have the correct time when I wake up tomorrow. So I checked the manual and yes, there is a place describing how to change the clock.

rbrylaw 11-03-2018 08:53 PM

When you took delivery of your car, your dealer should have set your car to change time automatically. There's no reason you need to change the time manually as your car is perfectly capable of changing time all on its own. Read about the time settings on page 248 in your Operator Manual.

Cambridgehank 11-03-2018 10:21 PM

RBR thanks, I was half joking, hence the smiling emoji. But, I checked out that page on the digital Operator's Manual and nothing about setting the clocks. You have a newer car so maybe we did not get that in 2018?
The salesman I had at the dealership knew less about MB and the EClasss than I did. He was fired shortly after I purchased the car. The other sales people are really into leasing vehicles and returning customers. My service advisor is the only one really concerned about my car's well being.

rbrylaw 11-03-2018 10:48 PM

My 2012 E Coupe and my 2015 C300 both auto changed time, so I'm pretty positive your 2018 E400 will as well. It's not instant though. When you get in your car tomorrow, it happens a few minutes after you've started driving as the car connects to the satellite.

I just checked the 2018 E Manual and it's on page 238 and just like the 2019, you can set up the car to change time automatically, or manually.

2012 merc amg 11-03-2018 10:54 PM

It's pretty cool watching the clocks in the cars when they change they go backwards, lol

Cambridgehank 11-03-2018 11:02 PM

Thanks, I will await the morning drive to see what happens.

rbrylaw 11-04-2018 11:26 AM

BTW, when I got in my car this morning, the time changed instantly on starting the engine, even in my garage.

Cambridgehank 11-04-2018 12:00 PM

My clocks (all three of them) were reset and the settings is for automatic. Maybe my dealership and salesman did not know or they just do not pay attention to their emails.

rbrylaw 11-04-2018 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Cambridgehank (Post 7594614)
My clocks (all three of them) were reset and the settings is for automatic. Maybe my dealership and salesman did not know or they just do not pay attention to their emails.

It's actually pathetic how little the sales people know about the product they sell. While the Concierge lady was very good who set me up in my new E450, I did show her things she had no clue about. And they're supposedly trained by MB directly on how to help a new buyer get the most from their new car.