E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Mercedes Me Connect - If You Can't Connect To Your New 2019 Car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 653 Likes on 511 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
I'm hoping the car does not have to go back to the dealer to have some module replaced or something where they need the car for a day or two.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:46 AM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts
E Class Estate S213

[QUOTE=rbrylaw;7597576]Just had my daily "what's being done about this" with the Me Connect team. This time I spoke with a manager. She said this is happening to a lot of new Benz cars. She has no clue how long it's going to take the team in Germany to figure out why or what needs to be done to fix it. She commented it may have something do with the Hermes module in the car. I'm not even sure what a Hermes module is?

i found this relating to Hermes - it is an acronym for Hardware Enhanced Remote Mobility Emergency Services
The following users liked this post:
rbrylaw (11-08-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 05:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 294 Likes on 223 Posts
E 300 AMG-Line diesel-Hybrid - 2021
Originally Posted by rbrylaw
Interesting take on that, but from my perch, it's not a gift (we pay dearly for these things) and gift or not, I dayum well expect it to work!
I fully agree with you, but the whole thin g works like a "gimmick"
lousy quality compared to the car itself
Old 11-08-2018, 08:01 AM

Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts
Mercedes Benz e450 Wagon / Porsche 911 Cabriolet
I think you guys are being a little unfair. Of the 1000s of people that have purchased the car, only 900s of the them have had problems with Mercedes Me Connect.

This is definitely a PITA for you all. Perhaps MB corporate or your sales team can offer an extra year of free Mercedes Me, particularly since it's not been months for many of you. Worth asking, yes?
Old 11-08-2018, 09:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by nycebo
I think you guys are being a little unfair. Of the 1000s of people that have purchased the car, only 900s of the them have had problems with Mercedes Me Connect.

This is definitely a PITA for you all. Perhaps MB corporate or your sales team can offer an extra year of free Mercedes Me, particularly since it's not been months for many of you. Worth asking, yes?
I already told my dealer and the Me Connect people they need to offer additional time for the services. Especially since we get one year of Concierge services for free. Unless they get the thing working we don't get ANY Concierge services.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg
I'm hoping the car does not have to go back to the dealer to have some module replaced or something where they need the car for a day or two.
If we have defective HERMES modules, you can expect to have to take it in for repair or replacement.

In addition to the reality of the system not working, it also goes to safety. The Me Connect Services are also supposed to notify Mercedes and I believe the police if an accident happens. Our system won't do that unless they get them up and running.

Last edited by rbrylaw; 11-08-2018 at 09:18 AM.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 772 Likes on 610 Posts
Have you tried using the SOS button? Its function may be separate from the Hermes module.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ua549
Have you tried using the SOS button? Its function may be separate from the Hermes module.
I haven't tried the SOS button. But I'm pretty sure the Me Connect system is the one that sends accident alerts out.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300
I placed my call into the Mercedes Me Connect support line today and they opened a case for me and sent it over to Tier 2 support in Germany. She said her end she saw two different screens related to activation. One side showed all the services activated like I see on the app, but she said there was a second screen that she thought was the stuff in the car and the Remote features like Door Lock and Remote Start were greyed out. It may be that my car doesn't think I am authorized for the remote access features. I figure it will be 48 hours before I hear back from Germany, but I will report back as soon as I have an update.

In a tangential note, my new Audi Q7 also has remote connect problems, but the dealer is going to do a software update on that today to potentially fix the problem.

Thanks!
Erik
Old 11-08-2018, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 150 Likes on 128 Posts
2019 Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet NEW Mercedes 2020 GLC300 graphite gray SUV
I just picked up my new E450 Cabriolet yesterday (pics soon to follow). My salesperson, Kareem, is a ME connect wizard and was able to get my ME connect up and running in no time. The secret is, you have to download both the ME connect app and the ME app together; otherwise it won't work. He's says it's a common mistake, and that it is necessary to have both apps on your phone (at least at this present time).

Everything functions as it should: I can start my car remotely, lock or unlock, see stats etc., everything the app allows at this time. Kareem told me that they heard that ATT may shortly update the app with pilot assist, once they get things squared away.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by rustybear3
I just picked up my new E450 Cabriolet yesterday (pics soon to follow). My salesperson, Kareem, is a ME connect wizard and was able to get my ME connect up and running in no time. The secret is, you have to download both the ME connect app and the ME app together; otherwise it won't work. He's says it's a common mistake, and that it is necessary to have both apps on your phone (at least at this present time).

Everything functions as it should: I can start my car remotely, lock or unlock, see stats etc., everything the app allows at this time. Kareem told me that they heard that ATT may shortly update the app with pilot assist, once they get things squared away.
I'm so happy for you that you were able to get yours up and running. But I can tell you in my case I do have Mercedes Me AND Mercedes Me Connect apps on my phone. So, he's not correct in saying the Me Connect app will only work if the Me app is there. On the ME app, There's a button to take me to the Me Connect app (which doesn't work), a button to My Dealers and one for Owners Manuals.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:17 PM

Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts
Mercedes Benz e450 Wagon / Porsche 911 Cabriolet
@rbrylaw Do you remember if you signed the terms of use? You go to the Mercedes Me on a desktop web browser, then click "Manage Mercedes me connect", then click "Terms of Use", and then check to see if you indeed checked all of them.

Still fighting the good fight!
Old 11-08-2018, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by nycebo
@rbrylaw Do you remember if you signed the terms of use? You go to the Mercedes Me on a desktop web browser, then click "Manage Mercedes me connect", then click "Terms of Use", and then check to see if you indeed checked all of them.

Still fighting the good fight!
Yes, multiple times I've checked to make sure I accepted the terms of use. I have. That's one reason this is so frigging frustrating. When I see someone picked up their car just yesterday and it works, but now well over a week since getting my car no one can get mine working. And between me, my dealer and the Me Connect folks no one understands why.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:01 PM

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts
2022 GLE 450 (Black on Black)
My only issue so far with using Me is that when I lock the car through the app, it takes a bit of time for it to be "locked." So, right now, it could be related to the distance from my room to the garage or the way the app is designed. Furthermore, while the "Vehicle Locked" image is still buffering to actually lock the car, I just lock it via the FOB key just to be sure. After a few minutes, the Vehicle Locked image confirms the action.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by haibieb
My only issue so far with using Me is that when I lock the car through the app, it takes a bit of time for it to be "locked." So, right now, it could be related to the distance from my room to the garage or the way the app is designed. Furthermore, while the "Vehicle Locked" image is still buffering to actually lock the car, I just lock it via the FOB key just to be sure. After a few minutes, the Vehicle Locked image confirms the action.
At least yours does something - anything!
Old 11-08-2018, 07:51 PM

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts
2022 GLE 450 (Black on Black)
I tried it again a few minutes in locking the car using the app. From our living room which is very close to our garage, the system worked flawlessly. So distance seems to play a factor.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet NEW Mercedes 2020 GLC300 graphite gray SUV
I'm so happy for you that you were able to get yours up and running. But I can tell you in my case I do have Mercedes Me AND Mercedes Me Connect apps on my phone. So, he's not correct in saying the Me Connect app will only work if the Me app is there. On the ME app, There's a button to take me to the Me Connect app (which doesn't work), a button to My Dealers and one for Owners Manuals.
I think he is right that you have to have both apps (many do not) in order for it to work properly. However, it seems you and others are having additional problems. When you mention that button on the ME app, it should indeed take you to the ME connect app.....the only other thing he told me, is that if you screw up a step along the way, or attempt to correct it, it can make it very difficult to get it to work.

I watched him set it up; but he asked me questions and did things so quickly, I can't remember all the steps.

Last edited by rustybear3; 11-09-2018 at 07:44 AM.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I Especially since we get one year of Concierge services for free.
One years worth? According to my app, I only get 3 months of concierge service.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I might be getting a E450 Cabriolet tomorrow if I can work a deal. If so I think I'm going to delete both the apps I have on my phone and have them at the dealer help me start from scratch on the new car. If it works on the new E450 Cabriolet (If I can make a deal on the car) then when I get back home tomorrow afternoon I'll attempt to add the vin number of my new E450 wagon onto the same app as a add on car and if it works I'll know it was something with the app and not the car. If it does not work for my existing Wagon then I'll know it's something with that car like some kind of module or something. I'll let you all know. So a prayer for me I get the new Cabriolet, it is beautiful. Designo Diamond white with white seats and blue dash and accents and very light wood, looks like birch, cant remember the name of the wood. Gorgeous car. I compared the E450 to the C class cabriolet and in my opinion no comparison, like the E450 much better even though 20 grand more in price.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One years worth? According to my app, I only get 3 months of concierge service.
Go to build a 2019 on the MBUSA site and you'll see one of the new features for 2019 is one year of Concierge Services.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg
I might be getting a E450 Cabriolet tomorrow if I can work a deal. If so I think I'm going to delete both the apps I have on my phone and have them at the dealer help me start from scratch on the new car. If it works on the new E450 Cabriolet (If I can make a deal on the car) then when I get back home tomorrow afternoon I'll attempt to add the vin number of my new E450 wagon onto the same app as a add on car and if it works I'll know it was something with the app and not the car. If it does not work for my existing Wagon then I'll know it's something with that car like some kind of module or something. I'll let you all know. So a prayer for me I get the new Cabriolet, it is beautiful. Designo Diamond white with white seats and blue dash and accents and very light wood, looks like birch, cant remember the name of the wood. Gorgeous car. I compared the E450 to the C class cabriolet and in my opinion no comparison, like the E450 much better even though 20 grand more in price.
Woo Hoo on the E450 Cabrio! I'll be anxious to hear how it goes AND if you get the wagon connected to Me Connect.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I think he is right that you have to have both apps (many do not) in order for it to work properly. .However, it seems you and others are having additional problems. When you mention that button on the ME app, it should indeed take you to the ME connect app.....the only other thing he told me, is that if you screw up a step along the way, or attempt to correct it, it can make it very difficult to get it to work.

I watched him set it up; but he asked me questions and did things so quickly, I can't remember all the steps.
I've had the Me Connect people walk me through the set up process multiple times. My dealership who sets up customers cars every day, has done it over and over and nothing seems to work. We've deleted everything and started all over multiple times and still nothing works. And I definitely have both apps and am signed into them both.
Old 11-09-2018, 12:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

What your saying Rod really tells me it's gotta be something with system in some of the cars. If I get this new Cabriolet tomorrow, it will be a interesting test if that works when I have them help me set it up at the dealer and then add the wagon Vin number, I actually think I'll do that at the dealer after we verify that the app is working on the new car. It may not work right away on the wagon because at that time the wagon will not be out in the open but at home in the garage but when I get home I'll take the wagon for a drive and pray it works lol. I have the sneaking suspicion though that wagon still is not going to work with the app and that it really is some module or something in that car. I just wish MB engineering could give us some kind of answer to this issue rather than just saying we are sorry and working on it. This could go on for many months before they tell us we need to bring the car to the dealer to have some module replaced in which case they should give the people who have had this issue some kind of compensation.
Old 11-09-2018, 07:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Good luck today! I think we have a module problem in our cars. I'm supposed to get a call from the manager I spoke with at Me Connect tomorrow morning. I'll report after the call. That's IF I get the call to begin with. They're not good at follow up, that's for sure.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:02 PM

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
I wonder if there is a batch of Hermes modules that are bad. The downside to all this new car tech and quite possible. I have the Mercedes Me app for my 2018 and agree the Send2Benz feature is handy, but honestly only used maybe twice in about a year. The rest of the features are fairly useless, IMO, and would be 100x better if they were just on the keyfob...I'm looking at you remote start. Hope you/MB get figured out rbrylaw, asap, nothing worse than a new car with a hiccup. Good luck!
The following users liked this post:
rbrylaw (11-09-2018)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes Me Connect - If You Can't Connect To Your New 2019 Car