E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Mercedes Me Connect - If You Can't Connect To Your New 2019 Car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 653 Likes on 511 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
I guess I'll do that at the first oil change, 4K more miles to go, I'm sure they won't have it working by then. Worth a shot at that time I guess. Never seen such incompetence in my life in dealing with the mercedes Me reps over the phone. Nobody knows what they are doing.
Old 02-18-2019, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
I wouldn't wait for for 4k miles.
Old 02-18-2019, 04:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The other thing that aggravates the hell out of me on these cars is the run flat tires and no spare jack and tools. Just stupid. I can feel vibrations on the highway from the road because of the stiff sidewalls of the run flats. Why should I pay my own money to change out tires on new cars.? So many people do that but I figure I might as well wear out the run flats first. In the mean time I’m stuck with a not so great ride.
Old 02-19-2019, 12:21 PM

Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts
Mercedes Benz e450 Wagon / Porsche 911 Cabriolet
A few things, my friend:

As Rod said, do not wait until the service. Take it in now, have them give you a proper loaner and keep it until the app works. I like the lemon law suggestion/threat. However, I'd be the first to admit that the app is not integral in any way to my enjoyment of the car. Then again, I'll also admit that my app works so I know when the car is locked unlocked (why I can't disable text msg and email notification when I have the app push notification is beyond me).

Second, you knew the car had runflats and didn't have a jack. If it were critical to you, this purchase was a mistake and you shouldn't have moved forward. Just bite the bullet and change the tires. It costs me $400 installed after netting against the sale of my old tires on eBay. Good riddance. Or, lower the pressure further to 30-32 and see if it is more comfortable. Candidly, I'm betting your tire pressure is above 35.

Third, hang in there buddy. I know this sucks but at least your center console was repaired?
Old 02-19-2019, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The problem is I need a wagon. I’m all over the state of Florida with tennis equipment. I called again this morning to connect. Like usual they lost the case number. So she opened a new case and said she listed it as priority but I’m sure they will loose that one too. It’s happened like that 4 times already. The way it is starting to seem to me is that they are afraid to make any programming changes on their end as that could also screw up other people who’s app is working. Where I’m at is looks like I’m just going to have to live without this feature on the wagon. I think even if the dealer has the car they will just have to wait for Germany to do something on their end which more than likely seems like is not going to happen. As I said though for me next car will be a Porsche. Never dealing with Mercedes again.
Old 02-20-2019, 04:56 AM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
19 C43 Coupe, XC 60
I am glad I found this thread, and many have found resolution. Mercedes USA is telling me that since my car is in Germany, even though its US Spec, that my Mercedes Me Connect will not work. I find it a little hard to believe. Any advice would be great.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

These apps are regional, so it stands to reason that what works in the US won't work in Germany. Ask Mercedes what app you can use in Germany, if you can even use an app there.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 150 Likes on 128 Posts
2019 Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet NEW Mercedes 2020 GLC300 graphite gray SUV
delete
Old 02-20-2019, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Appreciate the suggestions though guys. I'll get this figured out sooner or later. I guess what really gets me is that it's more than likely something simple like that something is flagged in my account relating to the wagon and the right person in the IT dept at Benz could probably figure it out in like 2 seconds. Obviously though they have real problems though relating to IT techs in Germany and must be really short handed or something. They keep closing my cases, then the next person I speak with apologizes over and over again as I'm sure they are hearing it from a lot of people in the same boat as me. I'm quickly approaching 7K miles though and off to Delray Beach right now to the Tennis Tournament going on there so there's another 7 hour drive round trip. This wagon is a great highway car, I gotta say that. Once I wear out the run flats it will be even better, think I'll go with Pirelli Cinturato P7's, those tires are smooth and hold up pretty well.

To Marcus, yes the app is very regional, Euro gets different things than we get here. What they are probably worried about is that if you had the Euro features on a USA car it could break laws or rules that they have instituted. You should ask a German dealer about it though if there is anything further you can do. I've found the IT department relating to this app to be extremely lazy and there is no way they are going to go out of their to do anything custom for you much less get an app working in country where it should be working.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My E450 came with Cinturato P7, but I'm guessing you may be referring to a non-RFT version of the Pirelli? I remember when I got my car around the time you were getting the Cab and Wagon. I was so jealous of you immediately connecting to Me Connect. I'm sorry it's gone downhill from there. As you likely recall, I wasn't able to get that one dude who programs in some basement in some city in Germany to figure out what was wrong with my car. My dealer was fully prepared to replace the Hermes module, but the programmer dude must have figured out the snafu and I've been up and running since I finally got up and running. I do hope this becomes a distant memory in the near future and I'm sorry it seems to have tainted your MB ownership experience.

I should be in Maine right now. Mother nature had other plans for us. Our flight was cancelled due to the storm in the northeast. We're now re-booked (hotel, car and air) to leave tomorrow. Won't be a fun trip though. With so many cancelled flights today, we're flying from Tampa, to Madison, WI, to Baltimore, MD, to Portland, ME. Ugh..........
Old 02-20-2019, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yea I remember that Rod. I think like the day before yours started working mine did and I said on this thread you guys should be all set and sure enough everyone’s started working. Don’t know what changed with mine 7 weeks ago. Oh well. Other than that and the tires the car is great. Yes I meant the P7 non run flats. Have them on my pickup truck and they are great. Wow with that weather if o were you I’d just put off the trip until the summer. Great time to be in Fla right now. Maine is real nice in the summer.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg
Yea I remember that Rod. I think like the day before yours started working mine did and I said on this thread you guys should be all set and sure enough everyone’s started working. Don’t know what changed with mine 7 weeks ago. Oh well. Other than that and the tires the car is great. Yes I meant the P7 non run flats. Have them on my pickup truck and they are great. Wow with that weather if o were you I’d just put off the trip until the summer. Great time to be in Fla right now. Maine is real nice in the summer.
I agree that Maine in the summer makes the most sense, but I promised my partner a winter vacation, who sorely misses snow and the only caveat I placed on it was it had to include all the lobster I wanted. So Maine was chosen. He get's cold and honestly I can handle cold as long as I can eat my body weight in lobster.

I find the RFT P7's very nice on my E450. I can imagine, the non-RFT version is even better.
Old 02-20-2019, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by rbrylaw
I agree that Maine in the summer makes the most sense, but I promised my partner a winter vacation, who sorely misses snow and the only caveat I placed on it was it had to include all the lobster I wanted. So Maine was chosen. He get's cold and honestly I can handle cold as long as I can eat my body weight in lobster.

I find the RFT P7's very nice on my E450. I can imagine, the non-RFT version is even better.
i have the Goodyear rift on my wagon and the Michelin’s on the cab. I like the Michelin’s better. The Goodyear’s are kind of stiff. I’ll probably replace them in around a year or so. Took a porssche Macon for a spin today at the tournament as it’s sponsored by Porsche. I do like my mb wagon better. I like the fact it’s lower in the back too making it more easy to load and unload things. Mercedes definately needs better customer service though. Just ignoring people is not good for future business. It’s time I asked for a manager of the IT Dep’t.
Old 02-20-2019, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I became a screaming fish monger's wife with Mercedes over the App and my perception of they weren't doing anything. I got the daily dose of "I'm sorry" (hint - they really aren't) until I asked for a manager to get on the call with me. It was just a matter of a few days after that they got me up and running.
Old 02-20-2019, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sounds like that is the trick. I should have thought of doing that about 7 weeks ago lol.
Old 02-24-2019, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well talked with a Supervisor last week. The woman I spoke with who answered said I should only talk with them as they know more than the Supervisors, lol. I said "a lot of good that has done me, been talking with you people the last nearly 8 weeks and still a no go on the app working with my Wagon" Anyhow, got a supervisor and he said they have compiled a list of activations pending and were sending it to corporate. So this could have gone on quite a while. In the mean time today I got my wagon up and running with the app. I'll contact MB Connect tomorrow and tell them the solution and it should be out to everyone very soon. It is nice to have my wagon app up and running after nearly 2 months of down time. Others in the same boat, there finally is a answer to the problem. I spent the good part the afternoon today comparing my Cabrio which worked to my Wagon which did not. If when you try to activate the internet radio function and your 1 month trial has expired and you do not get a message saying "there is a tariff required for this function" then your car has the bug in the program. My Cabrio was not flagged after the 1 month internet trial ended, my Wagon was flagged for some reason. Hopefully Mercedes will address this issue and make it available with an update to the app soon and this will square away the activation pending issue for good. I'll speak with them tomorrow. I really feel I should be compensated for the work I put into finding the solution for this issue and for all the needless hours I spent with the app people on the phone.

Last edited by 2012 merc amg; 02-25-2019 at 12:22 AM.
Old 02-25-2019, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm not going to bother contacting MB and tell them the solution to the activation pending issue. One thing I do know is if someone has signed up for the ATT data plan and then cancels it after their 1 month free trial their Mercedes me connect will cease to work and remain in activation pending permanently. I figure if I contact MB and tell them of this issue my app will stop working again and it is a nice thing to have for me in the wagon with all the travels I do. Sometimes it's best to remain behind the scenes and let others fight their own battles, I know I fought this battle of being in activation pending for nearly 2 months and wasted a lot of time before I had to find the solution myself. In the meantime there is some interesting reading at the top of this forum page about "All the disgusting things your body has to do while you sleep" Very informative indeed, lol.

Last edited by 2012 merc amg; 02-25-2019 at 01:17 PM.
Old 02-25-2019, 01:23 PM

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts
2019 E53 Coupe
I'm not going to bother contacting MB and tell them the solution to the activation pending issue. One thing I do know is if someone has signed up for the ATT data plan and then cancels it after their 1 month free trial their Mercedes me connect will cease to work and remain in activation pending permanently. I figure if I contact MB and tell them of this issue my app will stop working again and it is a nice thing to have for me in the wagon with all the travels I do. Sometimes it's best to remain behind the scenes and let others fight their own battles, I know I fought this battle of being in activation pending for nearly 2 months and wasted a lot of time before I had to find the solution myself. In the meantime there is some interesting reading at the top of this forum page about "All the disgusting things your body has to do while you sleep" Very informative indeed, lol.
I let my free month trial expire. I then decided to give a try again and added data. I never lost the Mercedes me connect functions. Both the Mercedes me connect and the WiFi/data are still working.
Old 02-25-2019, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Once you cancel or if you cancel the added data plan your Mercedes me connect will stop working, try it. In just letting the free month trial expire your mercedes connect will continue to work. Thats the reason my Cabriolet continued to work after as I did not add the data plan. On my wagon I added the data plan for a month and then realized I really did not need it and cancelled it, then my Mercedes me connect stopped working and went into activation pending status for nearly 2 months and Mercedes was of no help to me in getting it up and running, a whole bunch of wasted phone calls and wasted time and that's why I tackled the problem myself. I do know if I alert them and tell them of this, they won't do anything anyhow, so why bother? Perhaps it was even intentionally set up like this from the start to keep people hooked to the data plan once they signed up for it? That more than likely is the case.
Old 02-25-2019, 01:58 PM

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts
2019 E53 Coupe
Once you cancel or if you cancel the added data plan your Mercedes me connect will stop working, try it. In just letting the free month trial expire your mercedes connect will continue to work. Thats the reason my Cabriolet continued to work after as I did not add the data plan. On my wagon I added the data plan for a month and then realized I really did not need it and cancelled it, then my Mercedes me connect stopped working and went into activation pending status for nearly 2 months and Mercedes was of no help to me in getting it up and running, a whole bunch of wasted phone calls and wasted time and that's why I tackled the problem myself. I do know if I alert them and tell them of this, they won't do anything anyhow, so why bother? Perhaps it was even intentionally set up like this from the start to keep people hooked to the data plan once they signed up for it? That more than likely is the case.
Hopefully this will be worked out in a year when my data plan expires again.
Old 02-25-2019, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hopefully, what's working for me is just going with the 1 gig $10.00 a month data plan, that is the trick for anyone else in this situation for now. Plus I can get a little bit of HD radio with the internet radio at 320 kps. I calculated it out, that is 8 hours per month of listening enjoyment, with my 1 gig cap, lol. I have no idea what's gonna happen when the 1 gig runs out hopefully my MB Me Connect app will keep working. I suspect it should, probably my data speed will just throttled down to the point of not being able to listen to anything higher then 64 kps or something like that I'd suspect.
Old 02-25-2019, 10:30 PM

Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts
Mercedes Benz e450 Wagon / Porsche 911 Cabriolet
Whoa, what a miserable journey but glad you finally came out the other side.
Old 02-25-2019, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks. It’s good to finally have the car working as it was designed. What a hassle it was. I think a lot of people would have just given up. Once I activated the att 1 gig data plan it was a matter of minutes before the activation pending message went away and all functions were activated.
Old 02-26-2019, 10:58 AM

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts
2019 E450 4MATIC Coupe
Thanks. It’s good to finally have the car working as it was designed. What a hassle it was. I think a lot of people would have just given up. Once I activated the att 1 gig data plan it was a matter of minutes before the activation pending message went away and all functions were activated.
im sure your were the luckiest guy in the whole world that minute you started your car with the app
Old 02-26-2019, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey 2012 Merc AMG, I just saw you figured it out!!!!! Odd that it was the internet connection causing the service to fail. I'm really happy you got it up and running!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes Me Connect - If You Can't Connect To Your New 2019 Car