MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W213) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213-208/)
-   -   Mercedes Me Connect - If You Can't Connect To Your New 2019 Car (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213/726334-mercedes-me-connect-if-you-cant-connect-your-new-2019-car.html)

rbrylaw 11-06-2018 07:16 PM

Mercedes Me Connect - If You Can't Connect To Your New 2019 Car

I'm starting this very specific thread for those who have purchased a new 2019 E and you nor your dealer can get the Mercedes Me Connect app to activate with your car.

It's been a week now since I got my ordered 2019 E450. Love the car. A LOT. But the Mercedes Me App just won't activate with my car. I've been in touch with the Me Connect team multiple times. We've rebooted the system from the car. We've deleted the app multiple times, all to no avail. Supposedly, the ONLY people in the land of Mercedes Benz, who can do anything about this are in some town in Germany. And supposedly, my case has been elevated to them.

So, if you're having the same issue, we can compare what each of us has tried/is doing and if anyone finds the answer, share it with each other.

nycebo 11-06-2018 10:17 PM

Starting the trouble shooting....

Did you use the correct VIN?

What device do you have? Android or iPhone? Are you using the correct app for the 2019 cars? It's Mercedes Me Connect.

Did you create a user name and password before trying to connect your car?

If all of the above, does your app even e the car?

rbrylaw 11-06-2018 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by nycebo (Post 7596917)

Did you use the correct VIN? Yes, checked. Double Checked, Triple Checked Quadruple Checked

What device do you have? Android or iPhone? Are you using the correct app for the 2019 cars? iPhone Xs Max running iOS 12.1 - Yes, it's the Mercedes Me Connect App

Did you create a user name and password before trying to connect your car? - Yes, of course I did.

If all of the above, does your app even e the car? - The app acknowledges the car, the Vin, the Model, etc. It just won't activate any of the services on the car.

Mercedes admits the issue is on their end. They just don't have a clue how to resolve it.

But thanks for your checklist.

KingScrubs 11-07-2018 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7596926)
Mercedes admits the issue is on their end. They just don't have a clue how to resolve it.

But thanks for your checklist.

did you agree to the terms of use for mb me? The app wasn’t working either so I used the mb me portal on their website to agree to their terms of use and was able to use the app a few hours later

2012 merc amg 11-07-2018 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by KingScrubs (Post 7596972)

did you agree to the terms of use for mb me? The app wasn’t working either so I used the mb me portal on their website to agree to their terms of use and was able to use the app a few hours later

i just looked on mine says I agreed to terms of use nov 3 and still not working 4 days later.

rbrylaw 11-07-2018 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by KingScrubs (Post 7596972)

Yep, agreed to the terms on July 30th.

nycebo 11-07-2018 07:55 AM

From your computer with a web browser, when you login to Mercedes Me, and this link is what I see after I login, are you able to click "My Vehicles" from the top menu bar? Then are you able to click "Overview of Vehicles"? The site is really slow so be patient. Also, maybe temporarily disable ad blockers if you have them installed.

When you do, do you see your vehicle listed?

If so, can you click it and bring up the "Select Vehicle" or "Manage vehicle" link?

When you click "Select Vehicle", you should then come to an overview listing all of the features of the car. On the right, in a small font link, there is a button that reads, "Manage Services". Click that.

Are all of the services enabled?

rbrylaw 11-07-2018 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by nycebo (Post 7597077)
From your computer with a web browser, when you login to Mercedes Me, and this link is what I see after I login, are you able to click "My Vehicles" from the top menu bar? Then are you able to click "Overview of Vehicles"? The site is really slow so be patient. Also, maybe temporarily disable ad blockers if you have them installed.

When you do, do you see your vehicle listed?

If so, can you click it and bring up the "Select Vehicle" or "Manage vehicle" link?

When you click "Select Vehicle", you should then come to an overview listing all of the features of the car. On the right, in a small font link, there is a button that reads, "Manage Services". Click that.

Are all of the services enabled?

I can see my vehicle. I can see my license plate, my vin etc. When I click Manage Services, which I've clicked now likely more than 100 times, the services are all showing Activation Pending. Then you click Activate. Then you go to the bottom of the page and save. This I can do over and over and over and nothing activates.

I really appreciate the sleuthing. Honest. This isn't user error. Mercedes has an issue and I'm not alone. On the Mercedes side, what they see is "Pending Activation." They have no clue why the services won't activate. There are at least two other members here on the forum in the exact same situation.

nycebo 11-07-2018 10:04 AM

Can you open Mercedes Me apps from inside the car's COMAND?

Let me know if all these questions are tedious. Just trying to revisit all the steps I took until it started to work. It was quite delayed for me as well until they or I did something.

rbrylaw 11-07-2018 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by nycebo (Post 7597197)
Can you open Mercedes Me apps from inside the car's COMAND?

Let me know if all these questions are tedious. Just trying to revisit all the steps I took until it started to work. It was quite delayed for me as well until they or I did something.

Not tedious at all. If I've missed something, I'd like to solve it. And I appreciate all your suggestions, which I've tried over and over again. But no, I can't open Me Apps from inside the car's COMAND. Nothing will activate. I've had multiple calls with the Me Connect peeps. I've rebooted the system twice now from my car. Waited the requisite amount of time to reconnect. Deleted the app multiple times. Signed back in multiple times. Accepted the Terms and Conditions over and over. Checked activate ALL services over and over again. Checked Saved over and over and over. Went for a long drive to try to get the car to sync with the satellite. All to no avail.

They did call me last night to tell me I'm not alone and that they're trying to figure this out. I'm comforted in knowing it's not just me or just my car. But they need to get this up and running. I don't know if they'll need to replace a module in the car or reprogram something at the Mother Ship Server, but they need to do something.

nycebo 11-07-2018 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7597201)
But no, I can't open Me Apps from inside the car's COMAND. Nothing will activate. I've had multiple calls with the Me Connect peeps. I've rebooted the system twice now from my car.

Okay, this is very telling and leads me to believe that at this point, it's fully on their end. If they can't even see your own car, then there's nothing more to do. But it does beg the question, did your dealer enter the correct VIN? They had this crazy verify identity when I registered which I don't remember doing with my E350. Perhaps the salesperson typed in the incorrect number? Candidly, I am stunned that they don't use a QR code. I was chuckling when my salesperson manually typed in this alpha numeric code. Oh yeah, no chance of error, that.

rbrylaw 11-07-2018 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by nycebo (Post 7597251)
Okay, this is very telling and leads me to believe that at this point, it's fully on their end. If they can't even see your own car, then there's nothing more to do. But it does beg the question, did your dealer enter the correct VIN? They had this crazy verify identity when I registered which I don't remember doing with my E350. Perhaps the salesperson typed in the incorrect number? Candidly, I am stunned that they don't use a QR code. I was chuckling when my salesperson manually typed in this alpha numeric code. Oh yeah, no chance of error, that.

Yep, have confirmed that the right VIN was entered by my dealer at delivery and is the correct VIN listed for my car in the Mercedes Me Connect App. Now, if by chance when Mercedes entered my car in the Mercede Me Connect Server, it could be they entered the wrong VIN for my car. That would be one plausible explanation why their server can't see my car. But since the team who is responsible for the app live in Germany, I have no ability to deal with them directly as MBUSA is the intermediary.

As an example, on the E300 (now traded) for the first month we had the car, we could not connect to the internet in that car. I called MB multiple times and no one could figure out why. Finally, one person dug deep in the system and figured out Mercedes had entered the VIN incorrectly in the system and once they fixed it, we immediately got internet services. I've asked the Me Connect people to check with the German folks to see if by chance the VIN was entered incorrectly on their side and no surprise, I was told all they can do is email the team in Germany, but they can't speak with them. Incredible, don't you think?

nycebo 11-07-2018 11:40 AM

I do. But at least now there is some evidence for optimism. Fingers crossed for you. If it's any consolation, I barely use the app in practice, but I do look at it a lot! ;-) It has some cool features if the need ever arose.

rbrylaw 11-07-2018 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by nycebo (Post 7597286)
I do. But at least now there is some evidence for optimism. Fingers crossed for you. If it's any consolation, I barely use the app in practice, but I do look at it a lot! ;-) It has some cool features if the need ever arose.

Ultimately, Mercedes HAS to figure out why it won't activate and get it working. Or they'll have to take the car back. I suspect they won't do the later and will figure it out. I just wonder how long (days, weeks, months) it will take? What I use the most and have since the Mercede Me app first came out, was Send to Benz. It's very convenient the night before a road trip to be able to send an address to the car from the comfort of my living room sofa. I could send an address to my partners car from anywhere as well as he's not great at entering addresses in COMAND on his own. I can live without the other things like I virtually never lock or unlock the car remotely, or start it for that matter. But if I accidentally forgot to lock my car, it would be nice to be able to lock from the Me Connect app, which isn't possible if'n they don't get it working in my car.

Egonvdv 11-07-2018 01:25 PM

the way this whole Mercedes me works (or doesn't!) makes me feel like it's sort of a free gift you get with the car,
rather than an actual feature which is part OF the car...

rbrylaw 11-07-2018 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Egonvdv (Post 7597403)
the way this whole Mercedes me works (or doesn't!) makes me feel like it's sort of a free gift you get with the car,
rather than an actual feature which is part OF the car...

Interesting take on that, but from my perch, it's not a gift (we pay dearly for these things) and gift or not, I dayum well expect it to work! :X:v:

2012 merc amg 11-07-2018 02:31 PM

Interesting that you guys were talking about Vin number verification, that is critical. It's a German thing, they want to make sure and twice assured that somebody does not try and control a vehicle that is not there's, probably a good thing. They do the same with Key Verification when ordering a new key, you need to show you're ID at the dealership, again probably a good thing. Just a half hour ago I was getting a message on the Portal that my vin number did not match their records and I went through and checked everything, got them on the phone again and the woman said everything matched as we confirmed the vin. Now at the portal just as quickly as that message popped up and I was locked out from looking at the pending activation of functions with the 3 dots flashing, the message of non matching vin went away and back to all the flashing dots of services awaiting activation. The woman told me they are working on my case right now in Germany and gave me a case number if I need to call back which I probably will. For now I'll just leave things well enough alone before it gives me a nervous breakdown with things appearing to be close to activation and then the portal asking for basic questions again only to answer them and hit save only to have it come back later and ask the same questions. Hopefully within a week or two all this will be squared away. I play a lot of tennis in the hot florida sun and it would be nice to remote start my car after playing on the hot courts to cool it down before getting in. I can currently do that with with my AMG wagon but trying to keep the miles off that car.

rbrylaw 11-07-2018 02:50 PM

It's interesting that we both took delivery of our new E's within a day of each other and we both can't get Mercedes Me Connect to activate on our cars. Here's to us both finding out why and getting this blasted app up and running as it should.

GraniteC300 11-07-2018 03:13 PM

I took delivery of a new C300 last Friday and I have not yet been able to get the Mercedes ME Connect to lock or start the car yet. I can see all of the details of the car; fuel level, battery status, window status, but the remote lock and start don't work. I took delivery of an Audi Q7 on the same day and those remote connect services are a complete PITA as well. It is painful to think about how easy this all in on a Hyundai.

rbrylaw 11-07-2018 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by GraniteC300 (Post 7597495)
I too delivery of a new C300 last Friday and I have not yet been able to get the Mercedes ME Connect to lock or start the car yet. I can see all of the details of the car; fuel level, battery status, window status, but the remote lock and start don't work. I took delivery of an Audi Q7 on the same day and those remote connect services are a complete PITA as well. It is painful to think about how easy this all in on a Hyundai.

I hope this helps you, but the Mercedes Me Connect guy who called me last night admitted that remote start was a known issue with the system at this time. I wish Mercedes would wait to put out an app like this to make sure it actually functions first. The Mercedes Me App (not the Connect app) has had that ability to remotely start the car since at least 2015, which worked just fine.

rbrylaw 11-07-2018 04:44 PM

Just had my daily "what's being done about this" with the Me Connect team. This time I spoke with a manager. She said this is happening to a lot of new Benz cars. She has no clue how long it's going to take the team in Germany to figure out why or what needs to be done to fix it. She commented it may have something do with the Hermes module in the car. I'm not even sure what a Hermes module is? So I went out to my friend Google and it's evidently a communication module from a company called Hermes that the cars have to communicate with the satellites linked to the servers. I'm guessing this isn't just a switch the engineering team needs to turn on.

Oh well. The car is great at least..........

GraniteC300 11-07-2018 04:53 PM

I like your persistence. I plan to take the same approach because I find it completely unacceptable that a feature like this "just doesn't work". When their numbers in their Contact Center go through the roof, maybe someone will eventually take notice.

rbrylaw 11-07-2018 05:03 PM

I encourage anyone with this to bombard the Me Connect service folks with phone calls. Here's the number to call: 800-367-6372. Make sure if you don't have a Case #, make sure they create one for you. Every time I call, I give the person my case number. It should be embarrassing to Mercedes. My brother has a KIA, which comes with an app called UVO. It works great. Maybe Mercedes should hire some Korean programmers!

JDPEClassUK 11-07-2018 06:00 PM

I have exactly the same problem with a brand new E Class Estate I collected last Friday. Tried several times to activate at dealers and online - to no avail.

i cannot connect via car at all to internet or Connect apps so it does feel like a module or server issue. On the me app on my phone I just getting the three flashing dots and services ‘activating’.

i too have contacted Mercedes and we (in UK) get straight through to Germany. The lady I spoke to has created a ‘service ticket’ and it has been elevated to a Mercedes Me Connect service engineer! 🤞 Let’s wait and see although I will be ringing every day!

Dealer has been helpful in verifying identity repeatedly but cannot help further!

rbrylaw 11-07-2018 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by JDPEClassUK (Post 7597621)
I have exactly the same problem with a brand new E Class Estate I collected last Friday. Tried several times to activate at dealers and online - to no avail.

i cannot connect via car at all to internet or Connect apps so it does feel like a module or server issue. On the me app on my phone I just getting the three flashing dots and services ‘activating’.

i too have contacted Mercedes and we (in UK) get straight through to Germany. The lady I spoke to has created a ‘service ticket’ and it has been elevated to a Mercedes Me Connect service engineer! 🤞 Let’s wait and see although I will be ringing every day!

Dealer has been helpful in verifying identity repeatedly but cannot help further!

Welcome to the bug 'em every day till they fix it team! Yes, bug them daily. Maybe more than once daily. We do have choices when we purchase a car. We didn't buy an Audi, a BMW or a Kia. We bought a Mercedes Benz and all systems should just work. I hope more people find their way to this thread.

2012 merc amg 11-07-2018 11:40 PM

I'm hoping the car does not have to go back to the dealer to have some module replaced or something where they need the car for a day or two.

JDPEClassUK 11-08-2018 03:46 AM

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...ab16dec469.png
[QUOTE=rbrylaw;7597576]Just had my daily "what's being done about this" with the Me Connect team. This time I spoke with a manager. She said this is happening to a lot of new Benz cars. She has no clue how long it's going to take the team in Germany to figure out why or what needs to be done to fix it. She commented it may have something do with the Hermes module in the car. I'm not even sure what a Hermes module is?

i found this relating to Hermes - it is an acronym for Hardware Enhanced Remote Mobility Emergency Services

Egonvdv 11-08-2018 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7597411)
Interesting take on that, but from my perch, it's not a gift (we pay dearly for these things) and gift or not, I dayum well expect it to work! :X:v:

I fully agree with you, but the whole thin g works like a "gimmick"
lousy quality compared to the car itself

nycebo 11-08-2018 08:01 AM

I think you guys are being a little unfair. Of the 1000s of people that have purchased the car, only 900s of the them have had problems with Mercedes Me Connect. :hammer:

This is definitely a PITA for you all. Perhaps MB corporate or your sales team can offer an extra year of free Mercedes Me, particularly since it's not been months for many of you. Worth asking, yes?

rbrylaw 11-08-2018 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by nycebo (Post 7597921)
I think you guys are being a little unfair. Of the 1000s of people that have purchased the car, only 900s of the them have had problems with Mercedes Me Connect. :hammer:

This is definitely a PITA for you all. Perhaps MB corporate or your sales team can offer an extra year of free Mercedes Me, particularly since it's not been months for many of you. Worth asking, yes?

I already told my dealer and the Me Connect people they need to offer additional time for the services. Especially since we get one year of Concierge services for free. Unless they get the thing working we don't get ANY Concierge services.

rbrylaw 11-08-2018 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7597814)
I'm hoping the car does not have to go back to the dealer to have some module replaced or something where they need the car for a day or two.

If we have defective HERMES modules, you can expect to have to take it in for repair or replacement.

In addition to the reality of the system not working, it also goes to safety. The Me Connect Services are also supposed to notify Mercedes and I believe the police if an accident happens. Our system won't do that unless they get them up and running.

ua549 11-08-2018 11:15 AM

Have you tried using the SOS button? Its function may be separate from the Hermes module.

rbrylaw 11-08-2018 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by ua549 (Post 7598083)
Have you tried using the SOS button? Its function may be separate from the Hermes module.

I haven't tried the SOS button. But I'm pretty sure the Me Connect system is the one that sends accident alerts out.

GraniteC300 11-08-2018 11:32 AM

I placed my call into the Mercedes Me Connect support line today and they opened a case for me and sent it over to Tier 2 support in Germany. She said her end she saw two different screens related to activation. One side showed all the services activated like I see on the app, but she said there was a second screen that she thought was the stuff in the car and the Remote features like Door Lock and Remote Start were greyed out. It may be that my car doesn't think I am authorized for the remote access features. I figure it will be 48 hours before I hear back from Germany, but I will report back as soon as I have an update.

In a tangential note, my new Audi Q7 also has remote connect problems, but the dealer is going to do a software update on that today to potentially fix the problem.

Thanks!
Erik

rustybear3 11-08-2018 11:37 AM

I just picked up my new E450 Cabriolet yesterday (pics soon to follow). My salesperson, Kareem, is a ME connect wizard and was able to get my ME connect up and running in no time. The secret is, you have to download both the ME connect app and the ME app together; otherwise it won't work. He's says it's a common mistake, and that it is necessary to have both apps on your phone (at least at this present time).

Everything functions as it should: I can start my car remotely, lock or unlock, see stats etc., everything the app allows at this time. Kareem told me that they heard that ATT may shortly update the app with pilot assist, once they get things squared away.

rbrylaw 11-08-2018 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by rustybear3 (Post 7598097)
I just picked up my new E450 Cabriolet yesterday (pics soon to follow). My salesperson, Kareem, is a ME connect wizard and was able to get my ME connect up and running in no time. The secret is, you have to download both the ME connect app and the ME app together; otherwise it won't work. He's says it's a common mistake, and that it is necessary to have both apps on your phone (at least at this present time).

Everything functions as it should: I can start my car remotely, lock or unlock, see stats etc., everything the app allows at this time. Kareem told me that they heard that ATT may shortly update the app with pilot assist, once they get things squared away.

I'm so happy for you that you were able to get yours up and running. But I can tell you in my case I do have Mercedes Me AND Mercedes Me Connect apps on my phone. So, he's not correct in saying the Me Connect app will only work if the Me app is there. On the ME app, There's a button to take me to the Me Connect app (which doesn't work), a button to My Dealers and one for Owners Manuals.

nycebo 11-08-2018 01:17 PM

@rbrylaw Do you remember if you signed the terms of use? You go to the Mercedes Me on a desktop web browser, then click "Manage Mercedes me connect", then click "Terms of Use", and then check to see if you indeed checked all of them.

Still fighting the good fight!

rbrylaw 11-08-2018 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by nycebo (Post 7598200)
@rbrylaw Do you remember if you signed the terms of use? You go to the Mercedes Me on a desktop web browser, then click "Manage Mercedes me connect", then click "Terms of Use", and then check to see if you indeed checked all of them.

Still fighting the good fight!

Yes, multiple times I've checked to make sure I accepted the terms of use. I have. That's one reason this is so frigging frustrating. When I see someone picked up their car just yesterday and it works, but now well over a week since getting my car no one can get mine working. And between me, my dealer and the Me Connect folks no one understands why.

haibieb 11-08-2018 03:01 PM

My only issue so far with using Me is that when I lock the car through the app, it takes a bit of time for it to be "locked." So, right now, it could be related to the distance from my room to the garage or the way the app is designed. Furthermore, while the "Vehicle Locked" image is still buffering to actually lock the car, I just lock it via the FOB key just to be sure. After a few minutes, the Vehicle Locked image confirms the action. :zoom:

rbrylaw 11-08-2018 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by haibieb (Post 7598310)
My only issue so far with using Me is that when I lock the car through the app, it takes a bit of time for it to be "locked." So, right now, it could be related to the distance from my room to the garage or the way the app is designed. Furthermore, while the "Vehicle Locked" image is still buffering to actually lock the car, I just lock it via the FOB key just to be sure. After a few minutes, the Vehicle Locked image confirms the action. :zoom:

At least yours does something - anything!

haibieb 11-08-2018 07:51 PM

I tried it again a few minutes in locking the car using the app. From our living room which is very close to our garage, the system worked flawlessly. So distance seems to play a factor. :zoom:

rustybear3 11-08-2018 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7598117)
I'm so happy for you that you were able to get yours up and running. But I can tell you in my case I do have Mercedes Me AND Mercedes Me Connect apps on my phone. So, he's not correct in saying the Me Connect app will only work if the Me app is there. On the ME app, There's a button to take me to the Me Connect app (which doesn't work), a button to My Dealers and one for Owners Manuals.

I think he is right that you have to have both apps (many do not) in order for it to work properly. However, it seems you and others are having additional problems. When you mention that button on the ME app, it should indeed take you to the ME connect app.....the only other thing he told me, is that if you screw up a step along the way, or attempt to correct it, it can make it very difficult to get it to work.

I watched him set it up; but he asked me questions and did things so quickly, I can't remember all the steps.

rustybear3 11-08-2018 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7597979)
I Especially since we get one year of Concierge services for free.

One years worth? According to my app, I only get 3 months of concierge service.

2012 merc amg 11-08-2018 10:43 PM

I might be getting a E450 Cabriolet tomorrow if I can work a deal. If so I think I'm going to delete both the apps I have on my phone and have them at the dealer help me start from scratch on the new car. If it works on the new E450 Cabriolet (If I can make a deal on the car) then when I get back home tomorrow afternoon I'll attempt to add the vin number of my new E450 wagon onto the same app as a add on car and if it works I'll know it was something with the app and not the car. If it does not work for my existing Wagon then I'll know it's something with that car like some kind of module or something. I'll let you all know. So a prayer for me I get the new Cabriolet, it is beautiful. Designo Diamond white with white seats and blue dash and accents and very light wood, looks like birch, cant remember the name of the wood. Gorgeous car. I compared the E450 to the C class cabriolet and in my opinion no comparison, like the E450 much better even though 20 grand more in price.

rbrylaw 11-08-2018 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by rustybear3 (Post 7598681)
One years worth? According to my app, I only get 3 months of concierge service.

Go to build a 2019 on the MBUSA site and you'll see one of the new features for 2019 is one year of Concierge Services.

rbrylaw 11-08-2018 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7598686)
I might be getting a E450 Cabriolet tomorrow if I can work a deal. If so I think I'm going to delete both the apps I have on my phone and have them at the dealer help me start from scratch on the new car. If it works on the new E450 Cabriolet (If I can make a deal on the car) then when I get back home tomorrow afternoon I'll attempt to add the vin number of my new E450 wagon onto the same app as a add on car and if it works I'll know it was something with the app and not the car. If it does not work for my existing Wagon then I'll know it's something with that car like some kind of module or something. I'll let you all know. So a prayer for me I get the new Cabriolet, it is beautiful. Designo Diamond white with white seats and blue dash and accents and very light wood, looks like birch, cant remember the name of the wood. Gorgeous car. I compared the E450 to the C class cabriolet and in my opinion no comparison, like the E450 much better even though 20 grand more in price.

Woo Hoo on the E450 Cabrio! I'll be anxious to hear how it goes AND if you get the wagon connected to Me Connect.

rbrylaw 11-08-2018 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by rustybear3 (Post 7598679)
I think he is right that you have to have both apps (many do not) in order for it to work properly. .However, it seems you and others are having additional problems. When you mention that button on the ME app, it should indeed take you to the ME connect app.....the only other thing he told me, is that if you screw up a step along the way, or attempt to correct it, it can make it very difficult to get it to work.

I watched him set it up; but he asked me questions and did things so quickly, I can't remember all the steps.

I've had the Me Connect people walk me through the set up process multiple times. My dealership who sets up customers cars every day, has done it over and over and nothing seems to work. We've deleted everything and started all over multiple times and still nothing works. And I definitely have both apps and am signed into them both.

2012 merc amg 11-09-2018 12:10 AM

What your saying Rod really tells me it's gotta be something with system in some of the cars. If I get this new Cabriolet tomorrow, it will be a interesting test if that works when I have them help me set it up at the dealer and then add the wagon Vin number, I actually think I'll do that at the dealer after we verify that the app is working on the new car. It may not work right away on the wagon because at that time the wagon will not be out in the open but at home in the garage but when I get home I'll take the wagon for a drive and pray it works lol. I have the sneaking suspicion though that wagon still is not going to work with the app and that it really is some module or something in that car. I just wish MB engineering could give us some kind of answer to this issue rather than just saying we are sorry and working on it. This could go on for many months before they tell us we need to bring the car to the dealer to have some module replaced in which case they should give the people who have had this issue some kind of compensation.

rbrylaw 11-09-2018 07:55 AM

Good luck today! I think we have a module problem in our cars. I'm supposed to get a call from the manager I spoke with at Me Connect tomorrow morning. I'll report after the call. That's IF I get the call to begin with. They're not good at follow up, that's for sure.

Chrisk03 11-09-2018 03:02 PM

I wonder if there is a batch of Hermes modules that are bad. The downside to all this new car tech and quite possible. I have the Mercedes Me app for my 2018 and agree the Send2Benz feature is handy, but honestly only used maybe twice in about a year. The rest of the features are fairly useless, IMO, and would be 100x better if they were just on the keyfob...I'm looking at you remote start. :) Hope you/MB get figured out rbrylaw, asap, nothing worse than a new car with a hiccup. Good luck! :y

rbrylaw 11-09-2018 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Chrisk03 (Post 7599190)
I wonder if there is a batch of Hermes modules that are bad. The downside to all this new car tech and quite possible. I have the Mercedes Me app for my 2018 and agree the Send2Benz feature is handy, but honestly only used maybe twice in about a year. The rest of the features are fairly useless, IMO, and would be 100x better if they were just on the keyfob...I'm looking at you remote start. :) Hope you/MB get figured out rbrylaw, asap, nothing worse than a new car with a hiccup. Good luck! :y

Thanks. It's more annoying than anything else. No one from the Me Connect team follows up. And all they can say is Germany is working on it. It must be very low priority as it's been more than a week now since a case was created for this.

sackboydad 11-09-2018 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by haibieb (Post 7598310)

FWIW, my wife’s 2016 GMC Yukon Denali has the same thing with OnStar and remote access. It can sometimes take upwards of 15-20 seconds for the command to actually happen at the car after being sent from the app on her iPhone.

Chrisk03 11-09-2018 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7599192)
Thanks. It's more annoying than anything else. No one from the Me Connect team follows up. And all they can say is Germany is working on it. It must be very low priority as it's been more than a week now since a case was created for this.

Yeah, unfortunately it sounds like you are going to be put in a waiting game until MB figures out. Not to sound like the typical tech support ("ah, just hard reboot and it should work"), :), but can you deactivate/delete everything again (app, phone, website), CLEAR CACHE (phone, web, maybe MB can do too on their end), then try and reactivate? I've had a couple instances on my phone and browser where I've deleted things and reinstalled to no avail, but once I Cleared Cache, it mysteriously worked. I'm not a tech guy per se, so maybe it's just coincidence, but that worked. Granted, there's car tech involved with your situation, but...just a thought...

ua549 11-09-2018 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Chrisk03 (Post 7599190)

I use the Mercedes me remote start feature quite often to pre-cool the car. I'm not usually within key fob range because it is line-of-sight with limited range and I'm in an elevator. When returning from a trip I also use the car locator function to find where my daughter has parked it. It is very handy at a huge airport parking facility with many different buildings and lots. I used Send2Benz at least once a week over the past year.

Different strokes ...

rbrylaw 11-09-2018 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Chrisk03 (Post 7599260)
Yeah, unfortunately it sounds like you are going to be put in a waiting game until MB figures out. Not to sound like the typical tech support ("ah, just hard reboot and it should work"), :), but can you deactivate/delete everything again (app, phone, website), CLEAR CACHE (phone, web, maybe MB can do too on their end), then try and reactivate? I've had a couple instances on my phone and browser where I've deleted things and reinstalled to no avail, but once I Cleared Cache, it mysteriously worked. I'm not a tech guy per se, so maybe it's just coincidence, but that worked. Granted, there's car tech involved with your situation, but...just a thought...

I've done that completely now at least 5 times. I'm sure a 6th time won't do much, if anything. I clear Cache. I delete the App. I reboot from the Server in Germany. I wait a day and reinstall, rinse and repeat. I even deleted the Me App, which does work, and reinstalled them both at the same time. The Me App works fine for the E400. With the Me Connect App on the E450, the only thing it's good for is Mercedes Finance, but the car is paid for and I don't need anything from Finance. At this point, I have no choice but to wait and continue to be a loud thorn in their side. That is something I can and do well indeed! I'll be taking the car in next week to have the drivers door window replaced as it came with a rock chip and they ordered a replacement window. I'll have the service department deal with it from there.

rbrylaw 11-09-2018 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by ua549 (Post 7599275)
I use the Mercedes me remote start feature quite often to pre-cool the car. I'm not usually within key fob range because it is line-of-sight with limited range and I'm in an elevator. When returning from a trip I also use the car locator function to find where my daughter has parked it. It is very handy at a huge airport parking facility with many different buildings and lots. I used Send2Benz at least once a week over the past year.

Different strokes ...

I tend to use many of the same things you do. Of course, I can't do any of those things with the Me Connect app until they figure out how to activate it.

GraniteC300 11-09-2018 09:17 PM

Well, I had some great success today! I got in my car to take a little joy ride and the first thing that popped up on the command screen was an agreement for Mercedes Me Connect. I had never seen that before and I didn’t do anything to make that happen. I took it for a 30 mile ride and when I got home I tested the remote door locks and VOILA!!! The doors locked. I then tried the remote start and it worked too! I am guessing that the Tier 2 support team in Germany must have found a problem and fixed something overnight.
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...4b8fcb561f.png
there’s hope out there!

rbrylaw 11-09-2018 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by GraniteC300 (Post 7599470)
Well, I had some great success today! I got in my car to take a little joy ride and the first thing that popped up on the command screen was an agreement for Mercedes Me Connect. I had never seen that before and I didn’t do anything to make that happen. I took it for a 30 mile ride and when I got home I tested the remote door locks and VOILA!!! The doors locked. I then tried the remote start and it worked too! I am guessing that the Tier 2 support team in Germany must have found a problem and fixed something overnight.
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...4b8fcb561f.png
there’s hope out there!

Very happy for you. Still no success for me, but it does give me hope that some will get support.

haibieb 11-09-2018 09:37 PM

awesome. :zoom:

2012 merc amg 11-10-2018 01:50 AM

Got the new E450 Cabriolet today and had the app working within an hour. The salesman added on my wagon onto the app as I had downloaded a fresh app to be safe and it's still doing the same old thing with the Wagon. Really makes me think it's a bad module in the wagon. I'll try again tomorrow with the wagon. I'd post a picture I took of the new E450 cab but cant seem to get them to upload for whatever reason.

JDPEClassUK 11-10-2018 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7599472)
Very happy for you. Still no success for me, but it does give me hope that some will get support.

Great news for you Granite - sadly I am still like rbrylaw - and I am in the UK so would be quite amazing if there was a bad batch of modules for them only to affect such a small number.

rustybear3 11-10-2018 06:42 AM

I wonder if this problem is model specific? 2012 merc amg and myself both have E450 Cabriolet models with no problems. Seems odd that it is an all or nothing proposition. :word:

rbrylaw 11-10-2018 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7599562)
Got the new E450 Cabriolet today and had the app working within an hour. The salesman added on my wagon onto the app as I had downloaded a fresh app to be safe and it's still doing the same old thing with the Wagon. Really makes me think it's a bad module in the wagon. I'll try again tomorrow with the wagon. I'd post a picture I took of the new E450 cab but cant seem to get them to upload for whatever reason.

First congratulations!! Can't wait to see Pics!!!

Second, you just completely invalidated the update call I just got from Mercedes Me Connect. They said it's an app issue and the Me Connect engineers will be issuing an update to the app "soon." If that was the case, your new car shouldn't have connected. They did suggest I sign out of the app every day, then back in. I've been doing that anyway. When I sign out of the app, then back in, when I get in my car, I get the "Would you like to connect to Me Connect." I accept. Then I get a screen which asks to choose next. I choose next, which would lead you to assume another screen should come up. But that's as far as it goes. I click next and then nothing happens.

2012 merc amg 11-10-2018 10:36 AM

Yep same thing happens with my Wagon in that it just won't activate. I called Mercedes Me again this morning and told them to make a note of what I told them is going on that it is car specific and not related to the app. Took them a while to figure out what I was talking about, it's gonna be a long road for the cars that are not working but I suspect it's gonna involve something like bringing the car back to the dealer and they change out a module or something like that. For anybody with this issue for now I would not even waste the time messing around with the app anymore because it is just that wasted time, it's not going to work until mercedes can get it's act together on this issue, they are not doing their jobs. I wish it was the other way around and my wagon worked and the convertible didn't because the wagon I drive to tennis and it would be nice to have the remote start work to cool the car down after tennis, hot in the car. I would post pictures of the car if could, I'll post a link here with the for sale add on the E63 which I just traded in last night, the picture will be at the bottom of the page. Thats the only way I can do it as of now, lol. Nothing works lately. haha. https://mbworld.org/forums/market/725572

rbrylaw 11-10-2018 10:52 AM

I'm actually on hold with Me Connect right now to have them add a note to my case number. I believe you're right and this is car specific, not app related.

nycebo 11-10-2018 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7599656)
They did suggest I sign out of the app every day, then back in. I've been doing that anyway. When I sign out of the app, then back in, when I get in my car, I get the "Would you like to connect to Me Connect." I accept. Then I get a screen which asks to choose next. I choose next, which would lead you to assume another screen should come up. But that's as far as it goes. I click next and then nothing happens.

How long do you wait? I waited a Long time. In fact, like 3-5 minutes. It seemed like nothing was happening but I did not click away from that screen and I did not let the phone sleep (just kept lighting touching the screen but not moving away). It finally loaded.

Maybe that's the issue? Maybe you don't let it finish load on that blank page?

nycebo 11-10-2018 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7599562)
Got the new E450 Cabriolet today...

Does this mean that you finally decided against the AMG that you wrote about in another thread?

rbrylaw 11-10-2018 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by nycebo (Post 7599737)
How long do you wait? I waited a Long time. In fact, like 3-5 minutes. It seemed like nothing was happening but I did not click away from that screen and I did not let the phone sleep (just kept lighting touching the screen but not moving away). It finally loaded.

Maybe that's the issue? Maybe you don't let it finish load on that blank page?

I didn't click away from the screen after tapping next. It just disappeared, the radio came back up and I continued driving for at least 20 minutes. Nothing EVER happens after I click next. This is in the car, not on the iPhone App.

JDPEClassUK 11-10-2018 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7599744)
I didn't click away from the screen after tapping next. It just disappeared, the radio came back up and I continued driving for at least 20 minutes. Nothing EVER happens after I click next. This is in the car, not on the iPhone App.

Exactly the same for me :-(

nycebo 11-10-2018 01:46 PM

Ah, in the car. I enabled mine from the app first.

Anyway, it shouldn't be this complicated. Reminds me of trying to install software in an old IBM PC XT. I take that back, DOS was easier.

rbrylaw 11-10-2018 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by nycebo (Post 7599897)
Ah, in the car. I enabled mine from the app first.

Anyway, it shouldn't be this complicated. Reminds me of trying to install software in an old IBM PC XT. I take that back, DOS was easier.

No, it shouldn't be this difficult. Especially when we pay in the $70K plus range for these cars.

2012 merc amg 11-11-2018 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by nycebo (Post 7599739)
Does this mean that you finally decided against the AMG that you wrote about in another thread?

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...c252c04247.jpg

Yep decided on the E450 over the E53. This one I got has just the right equipment I was looking for with a in stock vehicle. It has the AMG line package, AMG wheels, Distronic, the Mulitcontour seats which I really like and soft close doors and heads up display, so really sporty, has the AMG lowered suspension. Still have not got on it too much as it's breaking in but if it does not feel like enough performance in sport mode after it's broken in I could always do a Rentech tune on the car. I am very happy with the Twin turbo V6 motor though in both my E450's at this point. I really Reconsolidated the past couple of weeks. Got ride of my 2015 S550 Sedan for the E450 Wagon and got rid of my 2018 E63 AMG Wagon for this car plus a nice chunk of cash. Driving two brand new cars for very little cash outlay, not a bad deal. The E53 was gonna be around ten grand more than this E450 Cab and a lot more complexity with the E53 Amg. Plus I noticed for some reason just about all the in Stock E53's the dealers had coming in where mostly dark colors, mainly black on black and I wanted nice light Florida colors. I did alright with this car for sure. Super glad I got it although in some ways I will miss the AMG Wagon.

2012 merc amg 11-11-2018 10:32 AM

One thing that does not work in the app with my new cabriolet is the remote start. I can lock and unlock doors but no remote start. I’ll mention it to the dealer. Going in Monday for a int and ext treatment I bought. Still nothing in my wagon.

rbrylaw 11-11-2018 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7600452)
One thing that does not work in the app with my new cabriolet is the remote start. I can lock and unlock doors but no remote start. I’ll mention it to the dealer. Going in Monday for a int and ext treatment I bought. Still nothing in my wagon.

I was told by the Me Connect people that remote start was a known issue with the Me Connect app. Further evidence this app was not ready for prime time.

2012 merc amg 11-11-2018 10:58 AM

That’s good at least it’s probably the app then with the remote start not working and not the car. With it not working on my wagon it’s definately the car.

nycebo 11-11-2018 04:28 PM

@2012 merc amg that is a gorgeous color combination. If I ever get around to picking up an SL or cab, I will do the exact same!

The 450 has some good push when I test drove the demo. You will be pleasantly surprised. However, keep us posted if you tune it.

Meanwhile, my remote start works but it took a WHILE to initiate. I almost could have run out side and started it sooner. And then the app just stayed pending, despite the engine turning on. It's clear that for the 2019 cars, Mercedes has work to do.

I'm very hopeful that it's the app/their system and not your HERMES hardware like mentioned earlier.

2012 merc amg 11-11-2018 04:40 PM

Thanks nycebo, I was blown away by this color combo and then you add the beautiful interior with the Elm wood and the yacht blue dash and I just had to have this car. I was showing it to a buddy yesterday and he was also saying the AMG line package adds a lot to the car, agree with him. I may end up giving this car a little more go power, I'll see how it does in sports mode once it's broken it. Thought about maybe opening up the exhaust a little bit too, gotta get a look at it once I get the car up on a lift. Maybe just removing resonators would be enough to give it slightly more of a growl.

rbrylaw 11-11-2018 06:53 PM

So a slight change to my situation with Mercedes Me Connect. This time when I reinstalled the app on my phone and signed in again on the web, for the first time ever, when I choose All Services, then save, it actually saves. And then when I got in my car and was asked if I want to permit Me Connect, I select Yes, then Next, while nothing still happens after next, I saw the Me Connect logo at the top of my Comand screen. That's never been there before. So, I drove around for 45 minutes hoping it would finally connect, but it didn't. The apps all just have the three bouncing dots in front of them. But something changed to get to this stage.

Can any of you remember once you got the do you want to permit Me Connect on the Comand screen and you click yes, then Next, did anything else pop up on the screen after Next?

nycebo 11-11-2018 07:17 PM

Mine didn't fully 'work' for a day after app installation. And I can't rmemeber what MB Connect in the car ddi because I didn't open it for a while, we'll after the app was already able to monitor my car (tire pressure, windows open or closed, etc). Hopefully tomorrow you are synced up and ready to go. This is promising.

rbrylaw 11-11-2018 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by nycebo (Post 7600753)
Mine didn't fully 'work' for a day after app installation. And I can't rmemeber what MB Connect in the car ddi because I didn't open it for a while, we'll after the app was already able to monitor my car (tire pressure, windows open or closed, etc). Hopefully tomorrow you are synced up and ready to go. This is promising.

Yes, I guess we'll see tomorrow if there's anything new to report. Fingers crossed.

lensjack 11-11-2018 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7600762)
Yes, I guess we'll see tomorrow if there's anything new to report. Fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed here, too, on your behalf. Hoping you guys get this sorted out and working right soon. Thanks for the updates.

2012 merc amg 11-11-2018 09:59 PM

Don't want to be the bearer of bad news but after I reloaded the app the other day when I got the new Cabriolet and then put in the vin # of the Wagon I got in the wagon for a drive to the C store and that same message you got asking if I wanted to permit MB connect came up, I thought wow, it's finally communicating with the car, nope, they next day and day after that (today) still the same scrolling dots and no MB connect in the Wagon. Works ok in the new Cabriolet only can't get the remote start to work, tried it numerous times and nothing.

rbrylaw 11-11-2018 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7600844)
Don't want to be the bearer of bad news but after I reloaded the app the other day when I got the new Cabriolet and then put in the vin # of the Wagon I got in the wagon for a drive to the C store and that same message you got asking if I wanted to permit MB connect came up, I thought wow, it's finally communicating with the car, nope, they next day and day after that (today) still the same scrolling dots and no MB connect in the Wagon. Works ok in the new Cabriolet only can't get the remote start to work, tried it numerous times and nothing.

I'm prepared for there to be no change tomorrow morning. Please tell me though if in the Wagon, when you're in the car with the Comand screen, do you see a Mercedes Me Logo at the top of the screen just left of the 4G and Phone icons? The reason I feel something new happened is I never had the logo appear until today. And the other thing is every time I clicked save my settings for all services, they NEVER saved. I could click save over and over and over and it wouldn't stay on the saved side. Now, it does stay on the saved side.

JDPEClassUK 11-12-2018 07:45 AM

Update from Germany

Just had an unsolicited reply from Mercedes Me Tech lin Germany to say they are close to a solution for my connection problems and will be in touch directly very soon. 🤞

rbrylaw 11-12-2018 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by JDPEClassUK (Post 7600987)
Just had an unsolicited reply from Mercedes Me Tech lin Germany to say they are close to a solution for my connection problems and will be in touch directly very soon. 🤞

How was this unsolicited reply received? I've had no contact with Me Tech in Germany. I've only had contact with the unhelpfully apologetic team in the US.

JDPEClassUK 11-12-2018 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7600989)
How was this unsolicited reply received? I've had no contact with Me Tech in Germany. I've only had contact with the unhelpfully apologetic team in the US.

They sent an email directly to my registered email address. Sounds positive because they had no real need to send that update 🤞

rbrylaw 11-12-2018 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by JDPEClassUK (Post 7600998)

They sent an email directly to my registered email address. Sounds positive because they had no real need to send that update 🤞

Does the UK at the end of your user name mean you are in the UK? Perhaps they communicate differently in the EU than in the US?

Either way, I woke up this morning to find I had been signed out of the app on my phone. I didn't sign out again last night. So I signed back in and I'm where I was yesterday. Me Connect Logo at the top of the Comand screen in my car, apps to be activated still saved, but the scrolling dots still doing their dance.

JDPEClassUK 11-12-2018 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7601042)
Does the UK at the end of your user name mean you are in the UK? Perhaps they communicate differently in the EU than in the US?

Either way, I woke up this morning to find I had been signed out of the app on my phone. I didn't sign out again last night. So I signed back in and I'm where I was yesterday. Me Connect Logo at the top of the Comand screen in my car, apps to be activated still saved, but the scrolling dots still doing their dance.

Yes re the UK. I had raised an issue with the MB customer service and they had told me it had been raised with a technical service engineer in Germany. Today I got the e-mail. We’ll see !

stephos 11-12-2018 10:08 AM

sounds like some progress for sure... hoping this gets resolved very soon for everybody affected

rbrylaw 11-12-2018 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by stephos (Post 7601104)
sounds like some progress for sure... hoping this gets resolved very soon for everybody affected

Me too. Tomorrow, I will have had my car for two weeks. That's long enough for them to figure out a solution to something that doesn't work, but should work. I'm definitely going to insist they add additional time to the services I've not had access to since taking delivery of my car.

2012 merc amg 11-12-2018 11:33 PM

Well I’ll be darn. Everything looks like it loaded on my wagon. I’m about to get home so I’ll try the remote start and the door locks when I get home in a few minutes. It’s a miracle lol.

KingScrubs 11-13-2018 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7601891)
Well I’ll be darn. Everything looks like it loaded on my wagon. I’m about to get home so I’ll try the remote start and the door locks when I get home in a few minutes. It’s a miracle lol.

Let me know how you fare with the remote engine start. It originally worked when I first got the car but for the past few days it’s failed each time.

2012 merc amg 11-13-2018 01:04 AM

Everything works on both cars, I can't believe it. I remote started the wagon and then the Cabriolet. The only thing that's wrong is after the start the circle on the app keeps spinning so you can't turn the car off with the app you have to grab the door handle to turn the car off, plus it is not showing the temp in the car and that the car is running like it did on my 2018 with the other app. But this is real progress. Very glad it's all up and running finally. I would not be surprised if it stopped working and started working intermittent as they work the bugs out of the app. Now if only I could post photos again on this forum, oh well cant have everything. lol

stephos 11-13-2018 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7601932)
Everything works on both cars, I can't believe it. I remote started the wagon and then the Cabriolet. The only thing that's wrong is after the start the circle on the app keeps spinning so you can't turn the car off with the app you have to grab the door handle to turn the car off, plus it is not showing the temp in the car and that the car is running like it did on my 2018 with the other app. But this is real progress. Very glad it's all up and running finally. I would not be surprised if it stopped working and started working intermittent as they work the bugs out of the app. Now if only I could post photos again on this forum, oh well cant have everything. lol

that's encouraging news @2012 merc amg

now let's see how @rbrylaw is getting on...

nycebo 11-13-2018 06:04 AM

Very good news indeed!

I all have that engine remote start issue that you mentioned: starts but then stays busy so can't turn off. Surely it will be resolved in good order.

Fingers crossed for the rest of the gang waiting for resolution.

As for posting photos, try using Chrome or even your phone's browser.

2012 merc amg 11-13-2018 07:53 AM

I think Rod is gonna wake up to a pleasant surprise today. Everyone’s should be working now.

JDPEClassUK 11-13-2018 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7602032)
I think Rod is gonna wake up to a pleasant surprise today. Everyone’s should be working now.

Not working on mine yet in UK 🙄

rbrylaw 11-13-2018 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7602032)

Rod did NOT wake up to a good surprise. Nothing has changed with my car or Me Connect. Harumph INDEED. But I am truly happy for you that your wagon is now connected.

rustybear3 11-13-2018 12:13 PM

Well, now being new to Mercedes, how does one retrieve directions sent to you car from ME connect app? I'm sure there is some procedure; it doesn't appear to just show up automatically on NAV upon start up.

Secondly, both my wife and I have the ME connect working and active on our phones; so I don't think it is an app problem. Our sales guy was able to set up both with little trouble.

Thirdly, the only thing that doesn't seem to work with us is the concierge service. It just never seems to connect.

rbrylaw 11-13-2018 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by rustybear3 (Post 7602319)
Well, now being new to Mercedes, how does one retrieve directions sent to you car from ME connect app? I'm sure there is some procedure; it doesn't appear to just show up automatically on NAV upon start up.

Secondly, both my wife and I have the ME connect working and active on our phones; so I don't think it is an app problem. Our sales guy was able to set up both with little trouble.

Thirdly, the only thing that doesn't seem to work with us is the concierge service. It just never seems to connect.

I can't obviously comment on how Me Connect works since mine doesn't work at all. But it should work similarly to the previous app. Once you send the address via the app to your car, tap Navigation and it should come up and ask if you want to start route guidance. I can't again comment on Concierge Services.

nycebo 11-13-2018 12:30 PM

That's exactly what it does. Send to car, tap NAVI and a pop-up window appears asking if you want to begin navigation.

Of course, MB Connect being what it is, sometimes I have had to send it twice.

2012 merc amg 11-13-2018 01:24 PM

Darn it. I thought for sure you guys would be up and running today. Even my remote start is working like it’s suppose to today. Gives me the ten minute count down and temp in car and all. You guys will be up and running soon.

rbrylaw 11-13-2018 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7602405)
Darn it. I thought for sure you guys would be up and running today. Even my remote start is working like it’s suppose to today. Gives me the ten minute count down and temp in car and all. You guys will be up and running soon.

It's encouraging to see you are up and running. Theoretically though, I should be up and running sooner than you since I got my car before you did, but who knows? I'm not as optimistic as you are........

2012 merc amg 11-13-2018 01:40 PM

I just tried the send to Benz for where I’m heading for lunch. That works too. Might be worth it clearing your cache and dump the app and reload and start from scratch again because if the software is working for me now it should work for you if you start with a clean slate.

rbrylaw 11-13-2018 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7602422)
I just tried the send to Benz for where I’m heading for lunch. That works too. Might be worth it clearing your cache and dump the app and reload and start from scratch again because if the software is working for me now it should work for you if you start with a clean slate.

I have done that SO MANY times now, I can't count them. I'm done trying to figure this out myself. The car will be scheduled with my dealer this week to have the drivers door window replaced and tinted because it came with a small chip in the glass. I'll turn this over to the service folks and get them to work with Mercedes on sorting it out. I've personally spent too much trying to get something to work, which should work with no effort from me. Harumph Harumph Harump. But I still love this car to death!

rustybear3 11-13-2018 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7602332)
I can't obviously comment on how Me Connect works since mine doesn't work at all. But it should work similarly to the previous app. Once you send the address via the app to your car, tap Navigation and it should come up and ask if you want to start route guidance. I can't again comment on Concierge Services.

Originally Posted by nycebo (Post 7602355)
That's exactly what it does. Send to car, tap NAVI and a pop-up window appears asking if you want to begin navigation.

Of course, MB Connect being what it is, sometimes I have had to send it twice.

OK...I only tried it once; I'll have to try again to see if that works.

rustybear3 11-13-2018 02:27 PM

Got it to work (send directions). Had to tap down to favorites and screen popped up asking me if I wanted to accept navigation route sent by phone. Maybe new to the 2019. If I didn't, the navigation screen would just remain blank. Just tapping the Nav screen didn't work for me.

So I can confirm everything appears to work on the new ME connect app. I'll have to try the concierge service later on when I really need it. I can see I won't be renewing that.

Just one final question for you Mercedes veterans. I notice in 3D mode the weather with clouds turns darker at night. Does it also show weather changes like lighting, rain, snow, etc. like my Cadillac CUE did?

rbrylaw 11-13-2018 02:53 PM

Just had my now every other day call with the Me Connect team. They say there's been no progress on my case. The first escalation team has escalated to a higher escalation team, but who know what that means? They said there's really nothing I can do on my end. It shows as Pending Activation on the Mercedes servers, meaning their system won't link with my car or app.

2012 merc amg 11-13-2018 08:42 PM

Maybe they do one car at a time with activation and it's based on vin or something like that, not when the car was purchased? There must have indeed been a problem with the modules in the car but they must be able to remotely change around the software, it's a pretty sophisticated system, just the fact how it communicates real time like it does is amazing. You can have your door unlocked one minute and then you lock it and it almost instantly shows up on your
Cell Phone. You'll have it working soon guaranteed.

rbrylaw 11-13-2018 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7602875)
Maybe they do one car at a time with activation and it's based on vin or something like that, not when the car was purchased? There must have indeed been a problem with the modules in the car but they must be able to remotely change around the software, it's a pretty sophisticated system, just the fact how it communicates real time like it does is amazing. You can have your door unlocked one minute and then you lock it and it almost instantly shows up on your
Cell Phone. You'll have it working soon guaranteed.

I suppose your hypothesis is as good as any, since they won't share anything with me other than "it's been escalated."

rbrylaw 11-14-2018 09:14 AM

Maybe my call yesterday where they told me they escalated me to a higher level escalation team or they just simply wrote....."Please get this guys app to work so he won't call and complain daily!"

But this morning, the app finally connected!!! I can finally see all the cool things this app can do. I'm at work, so haven't tested lock/unlock, but hopefully, they work.

Celebratory music playing. The sun is shining and all is good in Rod's world. For today.........:):wootrock::thankyou::cheers:

JDPEClassUK 11-14-2018 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7603241)
Maybe my call yesterday where they told me they escalated me to a higher level escalation team or they just simply wrote....."Please get this guys app to work so he won't call and complain daily!"

But this morning, the app finally connected!!! I can finally see all the cool things this app can do. I'm at work, so haven't tested lock/unlock, but hopefully, they work.

Celebratory music playing. The sun is shining and all is good in Rod's world. For today.........

Thats great news for you 😀😀. I am away from my car now until Friday so won’t know if mine connects in next couple of days. Will report as soon as I am back.🤞🤞

rbrylaw 11-14-2018 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by JDPEClassUK (Post 7603255)

Thats great news for you 😀😀. I am away from my car now until Friday so won’t know if mine connects in next couple of days. Will report as soon as I am back.🤞🤞

Fingers crossed for you too!

nycebo 11-14-2018 11:27 AM

That is great. But @rbrylaw you should still speak with MB about getting an extra year for the inconvenience!

rbrylaw 11-14-2018 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by nycebo (Post 7603379)
That is great. But @rbrylaw you should still speak with MB about getting an extra year for the inconvenience!

I did. They said they can't change the duration of services and to be honest, I'll just forget that I didn't get 2 weeks worth of service in exchange for having the service actually work. All services, with the exception of Concierge Services, which is one full year, are for 3 years. I honestly don't see the need to buy Concierge Services, when the one year is up anyway.

2012 merc amg 11-14-2018 03:29 PM

Ya, I definitely won't do the concierge service unless they make it so you push a button on the app and a Martini come out of the dash :)

rbrylaw 11-14-2018 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7603704)
Ya, I definitely won't do the concierge service unless they make it so you push a button on the app and a Martini come out of the dash :)

Now that's funny! I'd settle for a Latte from Starbucks, but don't think it will be dispensing them either!

nycebo 11-14-2018 04:31 PM

Wait! Do they have that feature now? How do I sign up?

rbrylaw 11-14-2018 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by nycebo (Post 7603773)
Wait! Do they have that feature now? How do I sign up?

You mean your sales person didn't offer you option code SB06? Tsk Tsk. These people should really learn what's available. But in true MB fashion, it can't be added to an already built car. Sorry.......

sackboydad 11-14-2018 05:43 PM

rbrylaw 11-14-2018 06:31 PM

I'm doing the update on my iPhone right now. It better NOT break my newly enabled services.

Whew.......The update happened without any interruption to enabled services!

nycebo 11-14-2018 10:03 PM

Of course on my Samsung Galaxy S9, I had to login again after the update. But, all is well. I'm going to try the remote start tomorrow morning since it will be freezing up here.

rbrylaw 11-14-2018 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by nycebo (Post 7604057)
Of course on my Samsung Galaxy S9, I had to login again after the update. But, all is well. I'm going to try the remote start tomorrow morning since it will be freezing up here.

Interesting as on my iPhone Xs Max, I had to accept the Terms of Use again, but not sign in. Still, I would have been unhappy puppy had this update bricked the app on the very first day it started working for me. Gladly, it works just fine. I've now tried lock/unlock and both worked great. And I sent an address to the car, which popped up on my Comand screen the moment I turned the car on and the system woke up.

2012 merc amg 11-14-2018 11:03 PM

What amazes me is how fast things update on the cell phone on the app real time. When you lock the doors, ten seconds later on the app it says doors locked. I like how it tells me my convertible top is up. I might be indoors somewhere up on the 45 floor of a sky scraper and think darn its raining out did I put the top up on my car. Just can look on my cell phone now. I also have notifications enabled so it sends me a text real time when things such as door are opened or the car unlocked. This could help alert me the car is being stolen. Now I just need to get a dash cam.

nycebo 11-15-2018 08:36 AM

@2012 merc amg maybe this belongs in a different thread now that this thread seems resolved...so if so, let me know and I'll create one. Anyway, I read that you get notifications if the door is opened or the car is unlocked. Where did you set that up? I only have notifications options if the vehicle is left unlocked and I've never received one.

N.B. - I use android so apple may have more advanced functionality.

rbrylaw 11-15-2018 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by nycebo (Post 7604248)
@2012 merc amg maybe this belongs in a different thread now that this thread seems resolved...so if so, let me know and I'll create one. Anyway, I read that you get notifications if the door is opened or the car is unlocked. Where did you set that up? I only have notifications options if the vehicle is left unlocked and I've never received one.

I was just logging in to say something about this, so thanks for the thought starter.

This morning as I was getting my briefcase out of my trunk, my boss walked up and we just started talking as we walked away from my car. When I got in the office, my Apple Watch tapped my wrist and said my car was unlocked and asked if I wanted to lock it. I must have simply forgotten to lock the car when we walked away. So, I opened the app, tapped Lock the Car (kind of cool how you hold the lock button and a wave moves up to the top of the phone) et voila, the car was locked. Now, the do I really trust that the car really locked entered my brain, so I went and checked and indeed it was locked!!

But I never set anything up, for the notification to happen. I'm an iPhone user, not Android.

JDPEClassUK 11-15-2018 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by nycebo (Post 7604248)

definately not resolved in my case yet! Although I am very enthused by Rod’s recent connection. Let’s keep it alive until at least Saturday when I know if mine has connected.

rbrylaw 11-15-2018 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by JDPEClassUK (Post 7604305)

definately not resolved in my case yet! Although I am very enthused by Rod’s recent connection. Let’s keep it alive until at least Saturday when I know if mine has connected.

I'm sorry to see your activation hasn't happened yet. The app is actually fantastic, once you have it.

I see no reason to close this thread. I titled it with a title that is rather open ended for anyone to comment if they are having issues with Me Connect services.

nycebo 11-15-2018 10:41 AM

ABSOLUTELY! Indeed, I only meant to take the 'features' commentary about a working Mercedes Me to a different thread and leave this thread uncluttered for folks that are still struggling to get their system's enabled. Hang in there!

rbrylaw 11-15-2018 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by nycebo (Post 7604371)
ABSOLUTELY! Indeed, I only meant to take the 'features' commentary about a working Mercedes Me to a different thread and leave this thread uncluttered for folks that are still struggling to get their system's enabled. Hang in there!

That would be fine to have two threads devoted to Me Connect services. One if you can't get activated at all. The other for general user questions and tips. I'll start a 2nd thread for that purpose right now.

stephos 11-15-2018 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7603241)

Celebratory music playing. The sun is shining and all is good in Rod's world. For today.........:):wootrock::thankyou::cheers:

@rbrylaw This is great news - finally!!!!!

@JDPEClassUK As somebody else who lives in the UK, I'm watching your progress like a hawk. Got my fingers crossed that you'll be coming back to us on the weekend with good news.

stephos 11-15-2018 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7604271)
I was just logging in to say something about this, so thanks for the thought starter.

This morning as I was getting my briefcase out of my trunk, my boss walked up and we just started talking as we walked away from my car. When I got in the office, my Apple Watch tapped my wrist and said my car was unlocked and asked if I wanted to lock it. I must have simply forgotten to lock the car when we walked away. So, I opened the app, tapped Lock the Car (kind of cool how you hold the lock button and a wave moves up to the top of the phone) et voila, the car was locked. Now, the do I really trust that the car really locked entered my brain, so I went and checked and indeed it was locked!!

But I never set anything up, for the notification to happen. I'm an iPhone user, not Android.

I've got to say, that's awesome! I expect it should be the same experience on Android otherwise I might have to put something fruity on my Christmas letter to Santa!

rbrylaw 11-15-2018 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by stephos (Post 7604391)
I've got to say, that's awesome! I expect it should be the same experience on Android otherwise I might have to put something fruity on my Christmas letter to Santa!

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Sf4sPT42q...logo%2Bpng.png

mike82212 11-15-2018 12:38 PM

Reading through this thread, is the Mercedes Me app available on the 2017 and 18's? I'm looking to buy a CPO soon

rbrylaw 11-15-2018 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by mike82212 (Post 7604504)
Reading through this thread, is the Mercedes Me app available on the 2017 and 18's? I'm looking to buy a CPO soon

Mercedes Me, yes. Mercedes Me Connect, no. They are two different apps. The Mercedes Me app, does let you send an address to your car, unlock/lock the car and (on occasion, when the MB God's are smiling) remote start the car. The Mercedes Me Connect is all that and much more. But only for the 2019 model year.

mike82212 11-15-2018 01:16 PM

Thank you

rbrylaw 11-15-2018 01:18 PM

You're most welcome!

Corey140 11-15-2018 07:03 PM

Glad that they fixed it in your car.

Has the wrench button been replaced with the me button?

rbrylaw 11-15-2018 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Corey140 (Post 7604861)
Glad that they fixed it in your car.

Has the wrench button been replaced with the me button?

Instead of three buttons in the 2018, there are now just two buttons. The button on the left is SOS. And the button on the right has the Me Connect logo on it.

2012 merc amg 11-15-2018 11:58 PM

As far as notifications goes you need to go to setting to turn them on. It will email you when charges are made to the car such as a unlocked door etc. It will ask you in the email if you would like to remote lock the door. Mine seems to be working flawlessly on both cars at this point with all functions. Remote start does not seem to hang up anymore.

rbrylaw 11-16-2018 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7605047)
As far as notifications goes you need to go to setting to turn them on. It will email you when charges are made to the car such as a unlocked door etc. It will ask you in the email if you would like to remote lock the door. Mine seems to be working flawlessly on both cars at this point with all functions. Remote start does not seem to hang up anymore.

You just don't know how happy I am to know what you're talking about and say it all works perfectly in my car now too!!

rustybear3 11-16-2018 11:42 AM

The only thing I don't get are the email notifications; even though it has my email address. However, my wife receives them on her app. No biggie.

It appears your problems with the ME connect activating was simply time. There was nothing you could do on your end that was going to change anything. The fact you all collectively seemed to have your apps up and running at about the same time seems to bear this out. What was surprising was the length of time for you apps to activate.

Me and my wife's activated immediately, with full service in about 1/2 hour......yours took weeks.

rbrylaw 11-16-2018 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by rustybear3 (Post 7605282)
The only thing I don't get are the email notifications; even though it has my email address. However, my wife receives them on her app. No biggie.

It appears your problems with the ME connect activating was simply time. There was nothing you could do on your end that was going to change anything. The fact you all collectively seemed to have your apps up and running at about the same time seems to bear this out. What was surprising was the length of time for you apps to activate.

Me and my wife's activated immediately, with full service in about 1/2 hour......yours took weeks.

Time is certainly a possibility, but after the many many calls I had with the Me Connect team, they told me the app should never have taken more than 48 hours to be activated on their end and that seemed to be the issue. They also said I wasn't alone in not connecting to Mercedes servers. Either way, the good news is I'm up and running now.

You should get notifications regardless of whether you're Android or Apple. Did you go into the settings on your phone and make sure that notifications were enabled specifically for the app?

haibieb 11-16-2018 01:38 PM

Just set up my Face ID feature on Mercedes Me and what a PITA of a time to set it up. Re-set, Re-set etc…and new password. Maybe it was me… :wall:

rbrylaw 11-16-2018 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by haibieb (Post 7605391)
Just set up my Face ID feature on Mercedes Me and what a PITA of a time to set it up. Re-set, Re-set etc…and new password. Maybe it was me… :wall:

Is the app working now? I've been waiting for you to let us know, as the last holdout, you were up and running now.

haibieb 11-16-2018 01:46 PM

Yes, the app has been working since day 1. I just figure to set up the Face Id feature…it was here that i had a bit of a challenging time. Maybe it was me interpreting MB's instructions. Who knows. But everything is Oki Dokie. :zoom:

rbrylaw 11-16-2018 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by haibieb (Post 7605398)
Yes, the app has been working since day 1. I just figure to set up the Face Id feature…it was here that i had a bit of a challenging time. Maybe it was me interpreting MB's instructions. Who knows. But everything is Oki Dokie. :zoom:

Good. Maybe it's another member who couldn't get connected I was thinking about?

rustybear3 11-16-2018 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7605288)
You should get notifications regardless of whether you're Android or Apple. Did you go into the settings on your phone and make sure that notifications were enabled specifically for the app?

Yes, I did. All the settings are ticked off including notifications. Strange my wife gets them, but I don't. Afraid to mess with it since everything else is working...lol

Like to double check my email address, but don't see a way of accessing it.

rustybear3 11-16-2018 02:32 PM

Figured it out where to find address; on ME app profile. Did see the email address on the ME app profile, and it is correct.

rbrylaw 11-16-2018 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by rustybear3 (Post 7605424)
Did see the email address on the ME app profile, and it is correct.

That was going to be my next question.

On the Me Connect App, on the home page, tap the little head icon next to the i in a circle on the top right of the page
Tap Edit Profile
Scan down the page to Email Address
If not correct, update it by tapping the pencil

rustybear3 11-16-2018 04:44 PM

Yes, it is correct and checked verified. I dunno. Knowing this app, it might start working in a week or two.

rbrylaw 11-16-2018 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by rustybear3 (Post 7605527)
Yes, it is correct and checked verified. I dunno. Knowing this app, it might start working in a week or two.

Reboot your phone. In the iPhone world, reboots often fix little niggles. It's worth a try at least.

rbrylaw 11-16-2018 04:54 PM

Hey Rusty, one other thing to try.

Did you go to the Mercedes.me website on your laptop/pc.

Log in and check Services > Notifications > Make Sure you Have Email Turned on there

nycebo 11-16-2018 05:17 PM

My notifications started working once I enabled location. Push and email. Great call guys. Thanks.

rustybear3 11-16-2018 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7605534)
Hey Rusty, one other thing to try.

Did you go to the Mercedes.me website on your laptop/pc.

Log in and check Services > Notifications > Make Sure you Have Email Turned on there

The only problem with that, is when I log in, it wants me to register all over again....which I don't want to do, since I'm registered on my Iphone already.

rustybear3 11-16-2018 06:04 PM

I tried rebooting, and now it seems to be working. I unlocked the car and it sent me a message. Thanks Rod, now I'm 100% :urock:

rbrylaw 11-16-2018 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by rustybear3 (Post 7605578)
The only problem with that, is when I log in, it wants me to register all over again....which I don't want to do, since I'm registered on my Iphone already.

You shouldn't have to re-register to use the website version. I have logged out before and signed back in. Call the Me Connect team and ask them how you can log in to the website without creating a new account. I know there HAS to be a way.

I've memorized their phone number: 800-367-6372

But I'm glad you're now getting notifications!

JDPEClassUK 11-17-2018 04:34 AM

Amazing😀

Got into my car for first time in a few days this morning after being away and after 3 minutes the Me logo appeared and all connected 😀😀.

just tried the app and all us working fine - so no more worries about a bad module or comma issues, obviously just a software update issue and seems all now resolved. So relieved.

Hopefully can join you all in discussions about best ways ways to use the app now. 😀👍🏼

rustybear3 11-17-2018 06:34 AM

Well, the only thing left for us in the US, is to get the pilot assist added to the app. For me, that is a function I'm really looking forward to. Why do you ask? I have a really tight two car garage, and it sure would be handy to be able to visually guide my car standing outside. The 360 degree cameras are somewhat helpful when parking during the daylight, but worthless at night. Until I get used to parking it, I have my wife standing outside to guide me in....only a few inches clearance on the right side. The Mercedes is a wider car than my previous Cadillac, so parking in my garage with another next to it is tricky.

Now here's the rub. I'm not 100% sure how the app works or if it would help me. I don't have enough room to use parking pilot on the car to go past my garage....it's attached on a right angle and house is in the way going forward. I don't know if that the app works in conjunction with that or not.

rbrylaw 11-17-2018 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by JDPEClassUK (Post 7605817)
Got into my car for first time in a few days this morning after being away and after 3 minutes the Me logo appeared and all connected 😀😀.

just tried the app and all us working fine - so no more worries about a bad module or comma issues, obviously just a software update issue and seems all now resolved. So relieved.

Hopefully can join you all in discussions about best ways ways to use the app now. 😀👍🏼

Woo Hoo. You were the last holdout, so I'm glad we're all connected now! It's actually a great app!

rbrylaw 11-17-2018 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by rustybear3 (Post 7605843)
Well, the only thing left for us in the US, is to get the pilot assist added to the app. For me, that is a function I'm really looking forward to. Why do you ask? I have a really tight two car garage, and it sure would be handy to be able to visually guide my car standing outside. The 360 degree cameras are somewhat helpful when parking during the daylight, but worthless at night. Until I get used to parking it, I have my wife standing outside to guide me in....only a few inches clearance on the right side. The Mercedes is a wider car than my previous Cadillac, so parking in my garage with another next to it is tricky.

Now here's the rub. I'm not 100% sure how the app works or if it would help me. I don't have enough room to use parking pilot on the car to go past my garage....it's attached on a right angle and house is in the way going forward. I don't know if that the app works in conjunction with that or not.

From what I've read and watched in YouTube videos, the park pilot assist is straight in/straight out. I don't think, but am not 100% sure if you can also angle the movement. It is rumored the new agreement to get internet services via AT&T as opposed to Verizon in the US may bring that feature to us.

rustybear3 11-17-2018 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7605909)
From what I've read and watched in YouTube videos, the park pilot assist is straight in/straight out. I don't think, but am not 100% sure if you can also angle the movement. It is rumored the new agreement to get internet services via AT&T as opposed to Verizon in the US may bring that feature to us.

See, that would work for me....as a matter of fact, that would be ideal. C'mon AT&T! Make it happen.

rbrylaw 11-17-2018 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by rustybear3 (Post 7605919)
See, that would work for me....as a matter of fact, that would be ideal. C'mon AT&T! Make it happen.

Other than "show others," it's not a feature I would use very much, but I do remember a time when I parked far away from anyone in a mall parking lot as I usually do. And when I got back to my car, the lot was full and the people who parked on both sides of me, parked so close I could barely get back in my car. It would have been great had I been able to remote start my car and move it out of the parking space from outside the car.

ESSRTEE8 11-17-2018 11:17 AM

I took 5 days for app to go live and work for me I did call Atlanta and get them on it.

Works well. Looking forward to remote start.

2012 merc amg 11-17-2018 01:24 PM

Yes I sure do wish they'd come out with park pilot assist. For me it would be great as the doors are so long on the Cabriolet and I just know I'm going to get blocked in all the time. To be able to back the car out of the spot with my cell phone would be really great. I heard too the main reason why it didn't happen in the USA was Verizon, hopefully this partnership with ATT will allow it to happen. I have read though from the people using it in Europe that it does not work very well and is a hassle and most people don't use it much. Hopefully that is not true.

stephos 11-18-2018 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by JDPEClassUK (Post 7605817)

Hey ​​​​@JDPEClassUK that's great news. I was waiting to hear your news, and am glad the fix has also hit the UK!!!

fabbrisd1 11-18-2018 11:14 PM

From the Mercedes side - "unattended parking" (no driver" ) is not clse to being approved by the Fed's - and unfortunately there are a lot of larger/broader Federal issues on the plate.

Yes - MMConnect is ATT developed and ATT operated..

rbrylaw 11-18-2018 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by fabbrisd1 (Post 7607080)
From the Mercedes side - "unattended parking" (no driver" ) is not clse to being approved by the Fed's - and unfortunately there are a lot of larger/broader Federal issues on the plate.

Yes - MMConnect is ATT developed and ATT operated..

You're basis for knowledge on "unattended parking" is what?

2012 merc amg 11-19-2018 12:29 AM

I heard it had nothing to do with the feds but with the communication factor with Verizon. Now that ATT is in the picture it could speed up when this function of remote parking pilot parking assist becomes available. The Feds in the USA have actually gone fairly easy on self driving features from everything I have seen. You have Teslas that can practically drive themselves. BMW currently has a remote parking assist available in the USA on the 7 series. I believe Tesla does too.

https://jalopnik.com/you-can-now-aut...ode-1752037395

rbrylaw 11-19-2018 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7607116)
I heard it had nothing to do with the feds but with the communication factor with Verizon. Now that ATT is in the picture it could speed up when this function of remote parking pilot parking assist becomes available. The Feds in the USA have actually gone fairly easy on self driving features from everything I have seen. You have Teslas that can practically drive themselves. BMW currently has a remote parking assist available in the USA on the 7 series. I believe Tesla does too.

https://jalopnik.com/you-can-now-aut...ode-1752037395

That's what I heard as well. I had asked MBUSA about this and received a response they hoped to roll this out to the US in the near future.

rustybear3 11-26-2018 12:15 PM

Have to admit, the autonomously park and “summon” feature of the Tesla is kinda cool, and similar to MB park pilot assist. Though I wouldn't necessary have to have it open and close the garage door.

JDPEClassUK 11-26-2018 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by rustybear3 (Post 7613366)
Have to admit, the autonomously park and “summon” feature of the Tesla is kinda cool, and similar to MB park pilot assist. Though I wouldn't necessary have to have it open and close the garage door.

I have used the remote parking pilot on my drive - feels very scary at first but does exactly what it says. Control from iPhone is intuitive and easy. 😀

rustybear3 11-26-2018 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by JDPEClassUK (Post 7613372)

I have used the remote parking pilot on my drive - feels very scary at first but does exactly what it says. Control from iPhone is intuitive and easy. 😀

I'm glad to hear from someone who has actually used it. This car has a wider wheelbase as opposed to my last car, so this would really come in handy in parking my garage. I would imagine the scare factor is very real in the beginning, but as they say, they more you use it the more you get used to it. :cheers:

2012 merc amg 02-18-2019 03:48 PM

Still no luck on getting the Wagon up and running with the App. Have called most days the past 7 weeks, complete waste of time. They are completely mis managed at MB. These cars the last MB's I will ever buy, never again. The Cabriolet still works, but not the wagon which is the car I mostly drive. I even tried to make a deal with a deal with the last rep I talked with from mercedes me, make the Wagon work and the Cabriolet not work, I'd be fine with that. Activation has been pending on the wagon the past 7 weeks, it did work for a while after the initial couple weeks of not working.

rbrylaw 02-18-2019 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7684618)
Still no luck on getting the Wagon up and running with the App. Have called most days the past 7 weeks, complete waste of time. They are completely mis managed at MB. These cars the last MB's I will ever buy, never again. The Cabriolet still works, but not the wagon which is the car I mostly drive. I even tried to make a deal with a deal with the last rep I talked with from mercedes me, make the Wagon work and the Cabriolet not work, I'd be fine with that. Activation has been pending on the wagon the past 7 weeks, it did work for a while after the initial couple weeks of not working.

Take the car to you dealer, make them give you a loaner and insist they get it working or you'll lemon law it. That will get their attention.

2012 merc amg 02-18-2019 04:00 PM

I guess I'll do that at the first oil change, 4K more miles to go, I'm sure they won't have it working by then. Worth a shot at that time I guess. Never seen such incompetence in my life in dealing with the mercedes Me reps over the phone. Nobody knows what they are doing.

rbrylaw 02-18-2019 04:03 PM

I wouldn't wait for for 4k miles.

2012 merc amg 02-18-2019 04:45 PM

The other thing that aggravates the hell out of me on these cars is the run flat tires and no spare jack and tools. Just stupid. I can feel vibrations on the highway from the road because of the stiff sidewalls of the run flats. Why should I pay my own money to change out tires on new cars.? So many people do that but I figure I might as well wear out the run flats first. In the mean time I’m stuck with a not so great ride.

nycebo 02-19-2019 12:21 PM

A few things, my friend:

As Rod said, do not wait until the service. Take it in now, have them give you a proper loaner and keep it until the app works. I like the lemon law suggestion/threat. However, I'd be the first to admit that the app is not integral in any way to my enjoyment of the car. Then again, I'll also admit that my app works so I know when the car is locked unlocked (why I can't disable text msg and email notification when I have the app push notification is beyond me).

Second, you knew the car had runflats and didn't have a jack. If it were critical to you, this purchase was a mistake and you shouldn't have moved forward. Just bite the bullet and change the tires. It costs me $400 installed after netting against the sale of my old tires on eBay. Good riddance. Or, lower the pressure further to 30-32 and see if it is more comfortable. Candidly, I'm betting your tire pressure is above 35.

Third, hang in there buddy. I know this sucks but at least your center console was repaired?

2012 merc amg 02-19-2019 02:09 PM

The problem is I need a wagon. I’m all over the state of Florida with tennis equipment. I called again this morning to connect. Like usual they lost the case number. So she opened a new case and said she listed it as priority but I’m sure they will loose that one too. It’s happened like that 4 times already. The way it is starting to seem to me is that they are afraid to make any programming changes on their end as that could also screw up other people who’s app is working. Where I’m at is looks like I’m just going to have to live without this feature on the wagon. I think even if the dealer has the car they will just have to wait for Germany to do something on their end which more than likely seems like is not going to happen. As I said though for me next car will be a Porsche. Never dealing with Mercedes again.

MarcusDubya77 02-20-2019 04:56 AM

I am glad I found this thread, and many have found resolution. Mercedes USA is telling me that since my car is in Germany, even though its US Spec, that my Mercedes Me Connect will not work. I find it a little hard to believe. Any advice would be great.

rbrylaw 02-20-2019 07:17 AM

These apps are regional, so it stands to reason that what works in the US won't work in Germany. Ask Mercedes what app you can use in Germany, if you can even use an app there.

rustybear3 02-20-2019 09:50 AM

delete

2012 merc amg 02-20-2019 01:17 PM

Appreciate the suggestions though guys. I'll get this figured out sooner or later. I guess what really gets me is that it's more than likely something simple like that something is flagged in my account relating to the wagon and the right person in the IT dept at Benz could probably figure it out in like 2 seconds. Obviously though they have real problems though relating to IT techs in Germany and must be really short handed or something. They keep closing my cases, then the next person I speak with apologizes over and over again as I'm sure they are hearing it from a lot of people in the same boat as me. I'm quickly approaching 7K miles though and off to Delray Beach right now to the Tennis Tournament going on there so there's another 7 hour drive round trip. This wagon is a great highway car, I gotta say that. Once I wear out the run flats it will be even better, think I'll go with Pirelli Cinturato P7's, those tires are smooth and hold up pretty well.

To Marcus, yes the app is very regional, Euro gets different things than we get here. What they are probably worried about is that if you had the Euro features on a USA car it could break laws or rules that they have instituted. You should ask a German dealer about it though if there is anything further you can do. I've found the IT department relating to this app to be extremely lazy and there is no way they are going to go out of their to do anything custom for you much less get an app working in country where it should be working.

rbrylaw 02-20-2019 07:38 PM

My E450 came with Cinturato P7, but I'm guessing you may be referring to a non-RFT version of the Pirelli? I remember when I got my car around the time you were getting the Cab and Wagon. I was so jealous of you immediately connecting to Me Connect. I'm sorry it's gone downhill from there. As you likely recall, I wasn't able to get that one dude who programs in some basement in some city in Germany to figure out what was wrong with my car. My dealer was fully prepared to replace the Hermes module, but the programmer dude must have figured out the snafu and I've been up and running since I finally got up and running. I do hope this becomes a distant memory in the near future and I'm sorry it seems to have tainted your MB ownership experience.

I should be in Maine right now. Mother nature had other plans for us. Our flight was cancelled due to the storm in the northeast. We're now re-booked (hotel, car and air) to leave tomorrow. Won't be a fun trip though. With so many cancelled flights today, we're flying from Tampa, to Madison, WI, to Baltimore, MD, to Portland, ME. Ugh..........

2012 merc amg 02-20-2019 08:09 PM

Yea I remember that Rod. I think like the day before yours started working mine did and I said on this thread you guys should be all set and sure enough everyone’s started working. Don’t know what changed with mine 7 weeks ago. Oh well. Other than that and the tires the car is great. Yes I meant the P7 non run flats. Have them on my pickup truck and they are great. Wow with that weather if o were you I’d just put off the trip until the summer. Great time to be in Fla right now. Maine is real nice in the summer.

rbrylaw 02-20-2019 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7686901)
Yea I remember that Rod. I think like the day before yours started working mine did and I said on this thread you guys should be all set and sure enough everyone’s started working. Don’t know what changed with mine 7 weeks ago. Oh well. Other than that and the tires the car is great. Yes I meant the P7 non run flats. Have them on my pickup truck and they are great. Wow with that weather if o were you I’d just put off the trip until the summer. Great time to be in Fla right now. Maine is real nice in the summer.

I agree that Maine in the summer makes the most sense, but I promised my partner a winter vacation, who sorely misses snow and the only caveat I placed on it was it had to include all the lobster I wanted. So Maine was chosen. He get's cold and honestly I can handle cold as long as I can eat my body weight in lobster.

I find the RFT P7's very nice on my E450. I can imagine, the non-RFT version is even better.

2012 merc amg 02-20-2019 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7686910)
I agree that Maine in the summer makes the most sense, but I promised my partner a winter vacation, who sorely misses snow and the only caveat I placed on it was it had to include all the lobster I wanted. So Maine was chosen. He get's cold and honestly I can handle cold as long as I can eat my body weight in lobster.

I find the RFT P7's very nice on my E450. I can imagine, the non-RFT version is even better.

i have the Goodyear rift on my wagon and the Michelin’s on the cab. I like the Michelin’s better. The Goodyear’s are kind of stiff. I’ll probably replace them in around a year or so. Took a porssche Macon for a spin today at the tournament as it’s sponsored by Porsche. I do like my mb wagon better. I like the fact it’s lower in the back too making it more easy to load and unload things. Mercedes definately needs better customer service though. Just ignoring people is not good for future business. It’s time I asked for a manager of the IT Dep’t.

rbrylaw 02-20-2019 10:17 PM

I became a screaming fish monger's wife with Mercedes over the App and my perception of they weren't doing anything. I got the daily dose of "I'm sorry" (hint - they really aren't) until I asked for a manager to get on the call with me. It was just a matter of a few days after that they got me up and running.

2012 merc amg 02-20-2019 11:01 PM

Sounds like that is the trick. I should have thought of doing that about 7 weeks ago lol.

2012 merc amg 02-24-2019 11:57 PM

Well talked with a Supervisor last week. The woman I spoke with who answered said I should only talk with them as they know more than the Supervisors, lol. I said "a lot of good that has done me, been talking with you people the last nearly 8 weeks and still a no go on the app working with my Wagon" Anyhow, got a supervisor and he said they have compiled a list of activations pending and were sending it to corporate. So this could have gone on quite a while. In the mean time today I got my wagon up and running with the app. I'll contact MB Connect tomorrow and tell them the solution and it should be out to everyone very soon. It is nice to have my wagon app up and running after nearly 2 months of down time. Others in the same boat, there finally is a answer to the problem. I spent the good part the afternoon today comparing my Cabrio which worked to my Wagon which did not. If when you try to activate the internet radio function and your 1 month trial has expired and you do not get a message saying "there is a tariff required for this function" then your car has the bug in the program. My Cabrio was not flagged after the 1 month internet trial ended, my Wagon was flagged for some reason. Hopefully Mercedes will address this issue and make it available with an update to the app soon and this will square away the activation pending issue for good. I'll speak with them tomorrow. I really feel I should be compensated for the work I put into finding the solution for this issue and for all the needless hours I spent with the app people on the phone.

2012 merc amg 02-25-2019 01:12 PM

I'm not going to bother contacting MB and tell them the solution to the activation pending issue. One thing I do know is if someone has signed up for the ATT data plan and then cancels it after their 1 month free trial their Mercedes me connect will cease to work and remain in activation pending permanently. I figure if I contact MB and tell them of this issue my app will stop working again and it is a nice thing to have for me in the wagon with all the travels I do. Sometimes it's best to remain behind the scenes and let others fight their own battles, I know I fought this battle of being in activation pending for nearly 2 months and wasted a lot of time before I had to find the solution myself. In the meantime there is some interesting reading at the top of this forum page about "All the disgusting things your body has to do while you sleep" Very informative indeed, lol.

BenzC400 02-25-2019 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7690528)
I'm not going to bother contacting MB and tell them the solution to the activation pending issue. One thing I do know is if someone has signed up for the ATT data plan and then cancels it after their 1 month free trial their Mercedes me connect will cease to work and remain in activation pending permanently. I figure if I contact MB and tell them of this issue my app will stop working again and it is a nice thing to have for me in the wagon with all the travels I do. Sometimes it's best to remain behind the scenes and let others fight their own battles, I know I fought this battle of being in activation pending for nearly 2 months and wasted a lot of time before I had to find the solution myself. In the meantime there is some interesting reading at the top of this forum page about "All the disgusting things your body has to do while you sleep" Very informative indeed, lol.

I let my free month trial expire. I then decided to give a try again and added data. I never lost the Mercedes me connect functions. Both the Mercedes me connect and the WiFi/data are still working.

2012 merc amg 02-25-2019 01:33 PM

Once you cancel or if you cancel the added data plan your Mercedes me connect will stop working, try it. In just letting the free month trial expire your mercedes connect will continue to work. Thats the reason my Cabriolet continued to work after as I did not add the data plan. On my wagon I added the data plan for a month and then realized I really did not need it and cancelled it, then my Mercedes me connect stopped working and went into activation pending status for nearly 2 months and Mercedes was of no help to me in getting it up and running, a whole bunch of wasted phone calls and wasted time and that's why I tackled the problem myself. I do know if I alert them and tell them of this, they won't do anything anyhow, so why bother? Perhaps it was even intentionally set up like this from the start to keep people hooked to the data plan once they signed up for it? That more than likely is the case.

BenzC400 02-25-2019 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7690553)
Once you cancel or if you cancel the added data plan your Mercedes me connect will stop working, try it. In just letting the free month trial expire your mercedes connect will continue to work. Thats the reason my Cabriolet continued to work after as I did not add the data plan. On my wagon I added the data plan for a month and then realized I really did not need it and cancelled it, then my Mercedes me connect stopped working and went into activation pending status for nearly 2 months and Mercedes was of no help to me in getting it up and running, a whole bunch of wasted phone calls and wasted time and that's why I tackled the problem myself. I do know if I alert them and tell them of this, they won't do anything anyhow, so why bother? Perhaps it was even intentionally set up like this from the start to keep people hooked to the data plan once they signed up for it? That more than likely is the case.

Hopefully this will be worked out in a year when my data plan expires again.

2012 merc amg 02-25-2019 02:14 PM

Hopefully, what's working for me is just going with the 1 gig $10.00 a month data plan, that is the trick for anyone else in this situation for now. Plus I can get a little bit of HD radio with the internet radio at 320 kps. I calculated it out, that is 8 hours per month of listening enjoyment, with my 1 gig cap, lol. I have no idea what's gonna happen when the 1 gig runs out hopefully my MB Me Connect app will keep working. I suspect it should, probably my data speed will just throttled down to the point of not being able to listen to anything higher then 64 kps or something like that I'd suspect.

nycebo 02-25-2019 10:30 PM

Whoa, what a miserable journey but glad you finally came out the other side.

2012 merc amg 02-25-2019 11:03 PM

Thanks. It’s good to finally have the car working as it was designed. What a hassle it was. I think a lot of people would have just given up. Once I activated the att 1 gig data plan it was a matter of minutes before the activation pending message went away and all functions were activated.

FedM 02-26-2019 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7691017)
Thanks. It’s good to finally have the car working as it was designed. What a hassle it was. I think a lot of people would have just given up. Once I activated the att 1 gig data plan it was a matter of minutes before the activation pending message went away and all functions were activated.

im sure your were the luckiest guy in the whole world that minute you started your car with the app:D

rbrylaw 02-26-2019 07:32 PM

Hey 2012 Merc AMG, I just saw you figured it out!!!!! Odd that it was the internet connection causing the service to fail. I'm really happy you got it up and running!!!

2012 merc amg 02-26-2019 08:26 PM

Thanks. It’s a good thing to have. Well worth the ten bucks a month for me. I could try to call them and say I should not have to pay this but no more tinkering with things. It works and I don’t want to risk them screwing it up. I seemed to know more about the app than the reps I was speaking with.

WR_C300_4matic 04-26-2019 10:28 PM

Just went through this on my "new" 2015 C400... if you are getting a Service Not Active message when you press the "I " button... The Cell device hibernates after 3 months of non-use. MB can walk you through the "Setup"... press the "I" button for 60 Seconds until connect, or Press all three "Wrench" "SOS" and "I" buttons for 60 seconds. If unit fails to initialize, bring to MB to wake up or change cell device, otherwise talk to the very helpful person on the other end to successfully set up your car/app.

Glad to hear that you took care of everything!

rustybear3 04-29-2019 12:04 AM

Thank goodness, I never bothered to renew the 1 month trial data plan. Haven't missed a beat with ME connect. To think that they tie your ME connect service in with an optional data plan is downright unethical; especially since they advertise that the ME connect is free for the first 5 years.

whoover 04-30-2019 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by rustybear3 (Post 7744033)
Thank goodness, I never bothered to renew the 1 month trial data plan. Haven't missed a beat with ME connect. To think that they tie your ME connect service in with an optional data plan is downright unethical; especially since they advertise that the ME connect is free for the first 5 years.

This sounds like a config problem caused by dealers. The car has two separate pseudo-SIM cards. One is for the Mercedes me stuff and should be using a number that the dealer sets up. The other one is for the optional user line that is only used for TuneIn radio and the WiFi hotspot. It sounds like the Hermes module is configured to have everything go through the user line. You do not need the AT&T plan for, say, the emergency call to work. That would be worse than unethical; it could be fatal in case of an accident.

2012 merc amg 04-30-2019 08:06 AM

I guess my wagon must have been setup wrong then because the only way connect will work is if I have the ATT plan. If I remove it connect stops working. Useless trying to talk with connect reps about this. They really don’t know or care what’s going on. They are just their to be friendly to customers and useless.

JDPEClassUK 04-30-2019 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7744899)
I guess my wagon must have been setup wrong then because the only way connect will work is if I have the ATT plan. If I remove it connect stops working. Useless trying to talk with connect reps about this. They really don’t know or care what’s going on. They are just their to be friendly to customers and useless.

Not my experience with Mercedes Me staff in Europe. Very helpful and almost daily contact for several weeks until Hermes Module issue resolved.

Renee L. 05-07-2019 06:07 PM

Mine was working . Upgraded about a month ago and the last 2 weeks the app is not working.

2012 merc amg 05-08-2019 11:20 PM

My experience is if you signed up for the ATT Data plan and you drop it then your MB Me Connect will stop working until you re-activate the ATT Data plan. Thats what happened to me with my Wagon. I had to reactivate it for the $10 dollar a month plan and the MB me connect came right back again after being gone over a month. With my Cabriolet I never did sign up for the plan and just let the complimentary one expire and the MB Me Connect still works fine without have to pay the $10 dollars a month like on my Wagon.

Dean Dean 05-15-2019 02:46 PM

Mercedes me app

So I leased my car in late 2017... the app still only works a very small % of the time. Write MB and complain.

How many people do we need to get a class action law suit. This is a total disaster by MB. They dropped the ball big time and they know it.

We need 40 or more people to file a class action lawsuit and it will be SLAM DUNK win.

If you interested, lets discuss offline.

rbrylaw 05-15-2019 02:53 PM

The app has been consistently good for me after it took a month to get activated when I first got my car. I won't be joining any lawsuit, that's for sure.

Dean Dean 05-15-2019 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7756154)
The app has been consistently good for me after it took a month to get activated when I first got my car. I won't be joining any lawsuit, that's for sure.

Thats not the case for others including myself.

rbrylaw 05-15-2019 03:04 PM

I understand, but threatening lawsuits is usually not the best way to get support from the company you need to get support from.

rustybear3 05-15-2019 04:11 PM

Lawsuits? Over an App? Slam dunk win? Get real! Class action lawsuits are rarely successful and only if we're talking a major issue. Then, the litigants only get a fraction of what they they think they should get....who wins? The lawyers. Besides, I'm willing to bet the majority of ME Connect users are satisfied with their app. I've had great success with mine. Only wish they would add the auto park feature.

rbrylaw 05-15-2019 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by rustybear3 (Post 7756253)
Lawsuits? Over an App? Slam dunk win? Get real! Class action lawsuits are rarely successful and only if we're talking a major issue. Then, the litigants only get a fraction of what they they think they should get....who wins? The lawyers. Besides, I'm willing to bet the majority of ME Connect users are satisfied with their app. I've had great success with mine. Only wish they would add the auto park feature.

Exactly!

BenzC400 05-15-2019 04:39 PM

Mercedes me connect has worked very well for me. No complaints.

2012 merc amg 05-15-2019 05:56 PM

I’ve had good luck with mine since getting the initial bugs worked out. I remote start every now and then just to make sure that still works.

Dean Dean 05-15-2019 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by rustybear3 (Post 7756253)

Lol.

MLRLINCOLN 05-16-2019 02:50 PM

Mercedes Me Connect

Turned in 2017 E300 Sedan in March for 2019 E300 Sedan.
Mercedes Me Connect is no better than the old Mercedes Me.
It's a good thing it is free, no one would pay for it.
Still a piece of garbage.

Dean Dean 05-16-2019 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by MLRLINCOLN (Post 7757116)
Turned in 2017 E300 Sedan in March for 2019 E300 Sedan.
Mercedes Me Connect is no better than the old Mercedes Me.
It's a good thing it is free, no one would pay for it.
Still a piece of garbage.

Agreed... i have mercedes me app. 2018 vehicle. It starts 20% of the time. Useless ..

ua549 05-16-2019 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Dean Dean (Post 7757130)
Agreed... i have mercedes me app. 2018 vehicle. It starts 20% of the time. Useless ..

Wat device are you using to run Mercedes me? I use a Samsung Galaxy S9 on T-mobile to run Mercedes me. It works first time, every time. I remote start my car several times per day to cool the interior before getting in.

rbrylaw 05-19-2019 11:22 AM

And it works equally reliably on my iPhone Xs Max.

JDPEClassUK 05-19-2019 04:40 PM

And on my iPhone X

stephos 05-20-2019 07:57 AM

No problems on my Google Pixel 3 XL either

CaptainE 05-21-2019 09:30 AM

Works fine on my Galaxy S8, even with crappy Sprint.

riamga 05-21-2019 03:25 PM

Couldn’t Connect to my 2019 E sedan either

Originally Posted by nycebo (Post 7596917)

Did you use the correct VIN?

What device do you have? Android or iPhone? Are you using the correct app for the 2019 cars? It's Mercedes Me Connect.

Did you create a user name and password before trying to connect your car?

If all of the above, does your app even e the car?

I had the same problem as your having but my phone is the IPhone 8. After 2 or 3 weeks
MB came up with a software fix but the frustration was awful. I made good use of my time as I negotiated a MB 5 year, 75,000 mile
Factory Extended Warranty which I insisted MB give to me on the house and they did.
After all, I had just spent a little north of $65,000 and I have bought more than 30 cars from MB over the past 25 years, so they gave me some peace of mind while they were working on the fix.
Doc

Frank Nazario 05-21-2019 04:17 PM

Same excuses here

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7596783)
I'm starting this very specific thread for those who have purchased a new 2019 E and you nor your dealer can get the Mercedes Me Connect app to activate with your car.

It's been a week now since I got my ordered 2019 E450. Love the car. A LOT. But the Mercedes Me App just won't activate with my car. I've been in touch with the Me Connect team multiple times. We've rebooted the system from the car. We've deleted the app multiple times, all to no avail. Supposedly, the ONLY people in the land of Mercedes Benz, who can do anything about this are in some town in Germany. And supposedly, my case has been elevated to them.

So, if you're having the same issue, we can compare what each of us has tried/is doing and if anyone finds the answer, share it with each other.

yeah the same applies here Rancho Mercedes dealer Northern New Jersey and good grace due to the cars reputation and the app doesn't accept the VIN number and it appears to be excuse after excuse or they keep elevating it

Borair 05-25-2019 01:56 PM

Same Problem

Hey guys!

I finally took delivery of my AMG GT 4-door 5 days ago. Still haven't had any luck connecting to Mercedes Me. The tech guy at my dealership tried several times to register the car to my account but nothing happens. All functions are saying activation pending and I can see the 3 blue dots several of you have been talking about.

We've checked the VIN and its correct. Tried signing on/off about 100 times and still no luck.

What so you guys recommend? Is it just a matter of time or should call them every day until its solved?

I payed extra for the feature to be able to use my smartphone to lock/unlock and start the car through NFC but that doesn't work if the Mercedes Me app is not properly connected.

2012 merc amg 05-25-2019 02:00 PM

Is your internet working (can you listen to tune in radio) If not you may have not registered it. There is a free trial for the first month if you are in the USA but I believe you have to fill out the ATT info to register it.

Borair 05-25-2019 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7764149)
Is your internet working (can you listen to tune in radio) If not you may have not registered it. There is a free trial for the first month if you are in the USA but I believe you have to fill out the ATT info to register it.

I live in Sweden, Europe. The guy at the dealership said that it has nothing to do with the internet function but we also get a month of free trial so maybe I should try that. It seemed many of you guys got it working just by waiting 1 or 2 weeks.

Borair 05-25-2019 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by JDPEClassUK (Post 7745015)
Not my experience with Mercedes Me staff in Europe. Very helpful and almost daily contact for several weeks until Hermes Module issue resolved.

How did they solve your issue?

dynomut 05-26-2019 06:31 PM

Mercedes me, and mercedes me connect all have problems. Not a good product/service.

rbrylaw 05-26-2019 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Borair (Post 7764146)
Hey guys!

I finally took delivery of my AMG GT 4-door 5 days ago. Still haven't had any luck connecting to Mercedes Me. The tech guy at my dealership tried several times to register the car to my account but nothing happens. All functions are saying activation pending and I can see the 3 blue dots several of you have been talking about.

We've checked the VIN and its correct. Tried signing on/off about 100 times and still no luck.

What so you guys recommend? Is it just a matter of time or should call them every day until its solved?

I payed extra for the feature to be able to use my smartphone to lock/unlock and start the car through NFC but that doesn't work if the Mercedes Me app is not properly connected.

It took a month for the App to start working on my car. I called MB USA every day, had them assign a case number and annoyed the poop out of them. They said there's some programming team in some town in Germany who work on connectivity issues. I bugged them daily till they got me running and have never had any connectivity issues since.

Borair 05-27-2019 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7764149)

Turns out it's not even possible to top up data or register if Mercedes me isn't connected. Its stupid.

Borair 05-27-2019 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7764837)
It took a month for the App to start working on my car. I called MB USA every day, had them assign a case number and annoyed the poop out of them. They said there's some programming team in some town in Germany who work on connectivity issues. I bugged them daily till they got me running and have never had any connectivity issues since.

Ok, so basically I need a good amount of patience and many phone calls to the MB support. It's absurd when the car I bought cost a bit over 100k $

petee1997 05-27-2019 07:27 PM

Apart from the start up glitches(two months), mine has worked well since then.

Dean Dean 05-27-2019 07:30 PM

Mercedes me connect app

Originally Posted by Borair (Post 7765527)
Ok, so basically I need a good amount of patience and many phone calls to the MB support. It's absurd when the car I bought cost a bit over 100k $

Lets, sue them. Let me know if you're interested, I am in discussions with a legal team. No cost to you.

Egonvdv 05-28-2019 06:44 AM

Mercedes me is a gimmick thrown in for free with the car… at least that's what it feels like...

2012 merc amg 05-28-2019 08:24 AM

Seems like once you get it up and running it’s fine.

whoover 05-30-2019 08:38 PM

FWIW, my salesman went off and did a bunch of setup on his computer while I inspected (drooled over, really) the car when I picked it up. Everything has worked like it's supposed to ever since. I suspect that some dealers don't know how to initialize the account information correctly.

haibieb 05-30-2019 08:48 PM

Our app has been excellent since day one….no issues experienced. :zoom:

MBBoss18 08-11-2019 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7602332)

Is this feature available only if you have COMMAND navigation? Have '19 c class coupe. TIA

rbrylaw 08-11-2019 01:11 PM

I don't know if the app only supports cars with Comand Navigation. But again, GO TO THE C CLASS FORUM. You keep asking about features on a C Coupe in the WRONG FORUM.

Lanzz 08-11-2019 11:21 PM

Hoping I don't have the same experience with Mercedes Me Connect, but... I tried to set it up today and it says "VIN being validated..." Since I took delivery Friday afternoon, it could be as simple as the time needed to reflect the delivery in all systems and see it update, but given many of your experience, my antennas are up... Will let you all know what happens.

2012 merc amg 08-12-2019 12:30 AM

THe problem can be if the dealer salesperson does not set it up right you can end up having it not be able to completely initialize. I bought two E450s right around the same time from different dealers and one set it up right the other Dod not. In the one that was not right it took a good month to get it all sorted out.

Lanzz 08-12-2019 07:02 PM

2012, you are right. The dealer fat fingered my email address, so nothing matched. Once they corrected that, it appears to at least be connected - it looks like it hasn't fully updated the functionality yet, but it can see the car.

dynomut 08-15-2019 01:57 PM

Please direct message me. I am starting class action lawsuit with this nonsense app. 2 years of BS!!

dynomut 08-15-2019 01:58 PM

Please direct message me. I am starting class action lawsuit with this nonsense app. 2 years of BS!!

rbrylaw 08-15-2019 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7826108)
THe problem can be if the dealer salesperson does not set it up right you can end up having it not be able to completely initialize. I bought two E450s right around the same time from different dealers and one set it up right the other Dod not. In the one that was not right it took a good month to get it all sorted out.

Which is exactly what happened to me. My car wasn't set up right, but once fixed, it's worked well since.

rbrylaw 08-15-2019 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by dynomut (Post 7829259)

LOL.......good luck with that..........:bump:

Eaton 08-15-2019 02:09 PM

FYI, they are coming out with a completely new app soon. The announcement is buried in their "Best Customer Experience 4.0" media announcement on July 18, 2019.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...1b618ee724.png

Rahim Habibo 10-21-2019 12:52 PM

Mercedes-benz me

Hey guys, i just got my 2019 GLC.

Im trying to agree on the TAC but i cant log in on the mercedes-benz me website.
the car its already linked to my user account, the guy on the dealer said that i have to agree to therms and conditions, but i have been trying and cant get there.

Any help that you guys can give me?

Thanks

forjoevee 04-27-2020 02:15 PM

Connectivity issues

Yes I have a 19 E450C AMG and am having the same issues. I think the E stands for experimental!

forjoevee 04-27-2020 02:26 PM

E Class Connectivity issues

Yes, I have the same problem with my E450 since purchase 6 months ago. I am told it is a MB Server issue. In the mean time, connectivity is very erratic. Server upgrade in late Spring???
I think the "E" stands for experimental.

alizansari 01-04-2021 05:56 AM

Hey guys, I am new here and just signed up as I am having the same issues where most services are "pending activation".

I am driving the facelifted E200 with the new MBUX system in Dubai, UAE. Issue has been escalated to Germany but it has been 2 weeks and no response.

I wanted to check if anyone with the new E is having similar issues.

Many thanks.

Yule Wang 01-15-2021 11:14 AM

Hi I am meeting the same trouble.

Hi everyone,
I have the same trouble that the Mercedes me app could not work for a month. On my phone every items are active, but no information form the car.
The service centre asked to go to repair.
It is a new 2021 gle350 car ,I have just derived it one and half month.

kasendorf 01-15-2021 03:33 PM

Just got a 2021 E 350 last week and had no problem adding it to my existing mercedes me connect account and application. All services are activated and everything seems to be working. When I got my 2019 E 450 Cab there where some issues connecting so I contacted mercedes. They did something on their side and everything worked. The connect service was new back then and at least from my experience the problems are resolved.

Patastic 01-29-2021 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by kasendorf (Post 8248240)
Just got a 2021 E 350 last week and had no problem adding it to my existing mercedes me connect account and application. All services are activated and everything seems to be working. When I got my 2019 E 450 Cab there where some issues connecting so I contacted mercedes. They did something on their side and everything worked. The connect service was new back then and at least from my experience the problems are resolved.

year and a half later still having problems, 2019 E450
this is crazy, going to get rid of the car

Popcornre4dy 02-16-2021 03:12 PM

Hi all - I'm looking to get in touch with someone in this forum who is or previously was in a similar situation with a malfunctioning Mercedes Me Connect app. Also if this isn't the right forum please link me to the right one so I can re-post the below. Background on my situation:
  • I own a 2019 MB AMG GLC43 (took delivery Feb 2019)
  • Mercedes Me Connect app worked PERFECTLY from Feb 2019 through December 2020 (almost 20 months)
  • In December 2020, the app effectively stopped working; GPS, remote start or door locking/unlocking functionality ceased to work entirely along with all the other features.
  • I attempted to fix this in various ways which included a) deleting and re-installing the app, b) deleting my mercedes me account entirely and making an entirely new one, c) spent ~3 hours with Mercedes Me tech support to troubleshoot and attempt various fixes, and d) had my software re-booted inside the car during a recent Service B appointment. Unfortunately nothing worked.
    • Mercedes is having me bring the car back in next month specifically to address this issue and attempt other fixes.
So while I'm fine waiting another month to see if this can get fixed (not getting my hopes up), I'm wondering if anyone in this community has dealt with a similar problem with Mercedes Me Connect and has suggestions on how to get it working and synched up properly with the car again. It's confusing because everything used to work for almost 20 months.

Thanks for any advice!

BenzC400 02-27-2021 08:04 AM

https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls?nhtsaId=21V072000

I saw this recall that might be the cause of your problem. It seems the communication may have inadvertently been disconnected during a service visit. The GLC43 is one of the affected vehicles.

June 2020, MBAG was made aware of one customer complaint (outside of the United States) regarding the Mercedes me connect functions. The customer had reported a functionality issue with the Mercedes Me app.
Chronology :
In October 2020, additional complaints regarding the Mercedes me connect functionality had been received. Each of the reports related to an issue with the Mercedes Me app or user experience and not about an inability to connect to the eCall system. MBAG launched an investigation, which revealed that due to an error with the workshop diagnostic system, the diagnostic system software was inadvertently deactivating the communication modules.
In December 2020, the updated programming was finalized for the workshop diagnostic systems and in parallel through January 2021, MBAG analyzed data of past diagnostic sessions and compared them to vehicle data to identify the potentially affected vehicles. MBAG’s investigation found that potential eCall system deactivation was limited to vehicles where the workshop had conducted diagnostic testing affecting the communications control unit.
On February 05, 2021, MBAG determined that a potential safety risk cannot be ruled out and decided to

Mggggrossman 11-12-2021 08:12 PM

This happens a lot can be lousy internet coverage or delays sometime I try to lock my car and start the engine remotely it takes minutes the Mercedes’ me app is literally a POS .

Sadeeq 01-17-2022 01:30 PM

Supposedly, the ONLY people in the land of Mercedes Benz, who can do anything about this are in some town in Germany.

​​​​​​
I just went through the initial sign-in process. In a nutshell, the app is very buggy and does not respond to updates in the account status as it goes along. I literally had to uninstall the app and reinstall it at almost every step. It took three uninstalls and reinstalls to get through the process but it worked and everything is operational at this point. ... except the integration with Google home and the Google Assistant because that has been discontinued. The customer service rep was very patient, and even called back twice when we were disconnected (rural area... Verizon signal sucks).

I wonder if this is problem that arises when cell signals are not consistently strong. Hmmm.... Curious to hear from others who had similar issues. We're you in an area with spotty cell coverage also?

Z.P 04-12-2022 10:46 AM

Mercedes me not working

Have you sort it out your car? I rode all your posts about Mercedes me not working and i have to say i’m experiencing exactly the same problem with my car. I would like to add something, at the beginning i had Mercedes me app working perfectly but since Mercedes garage replaced the head unit(command unit) the problem comes up.
In the app very few services i can activate and deactivate but most of them(the good ones) it says activation pending…. The SOS button has been checked and it is working but the other two info and services button don’t(when i press any of them the light flashes red) they did worked before and i use to call Mercedes me guys from the same button and didn’t flash red it was solid red. It seems like not connection between the new unit and communication module. I have been in Mercedes garage over 10 times about this problem and they can’t figure out what the problem can be the case has been transfer to Germany, but it seems they can’t fix it aswell. I also notice when the new unit been replaced i can’t see MB numbers in the phone book, while in the old unit i can see the numbers.
any one can help please i would much appreciate! Thank you!

Egonvdv 05-13-2022 12:36 PM

Does anyone experience any connection issues since the past few days ?

I came back from Majorca to France by Ferry yesterday, but in the app the car is stil there, right where I boarded the ship.
And it shows data from that trip to the ship, nothing newer.

I did managed to unlock the car, So it definitely IS connected, although the status in the app remained as "locked"
Thereafter I could not lock the car again

Exact same thing with windows, could open, but not close

Tried to reactivate the tow alarm (switched off on the ferry) but didn't work, so had to do it in the car

Already checked car settings and logged out/in the app....
Come to think off it, might have to do a reboot of mbux...?

**EDIT: it sorted itself out ...**

Egonvdv 05-31-2022 06:12 PM

problems continue.

Often it won't show up in the right place, nor will it have registered the last trip.

i do always get messages when the battery is fully charged and can also open the car with the app,
so (as stated here above) the car IS connected.

But geofencing is of course not working when the car is in the wrong place....

And also makes me wonder if i will get messages when alarm goes off and/or someone hits the car ....

When I just got the new car it was working perfectly (unlike my previous w213 comand), but things are going downhill fast...

Anyone else have these same troubles with their mbux system?

Z.P 06-18-2022 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Egonvdv (Post 8573021)
problems continue.

Often it won't show up in the right place, nor will it have registered the last trip.

i do always get messages when the battery is fully charged and can also open the car with the app,
so (as stated here above) the car IS connected.

But geofencing is of course not working when the car is in the wrong place....

And also makes me wonder if i will get messages when alarm goes off and/or someone hits the car ....

When I just got the new car it was working perfectly (unlike my previous w213 comand), but things are going downhill fast...

Anyone else have these same troubles with their mbux system?

Hi, did you fix your car? I’m experiencing the same problem now! Thanks

Egonvdv 06-19-2022 10:16 AM

It still often shows the car in the wrong place.
sometimes shutting down the app completely (and restarting) works, but not always.
Though even with car showing in the wrong place, all functions work
and i also get notifications (like when battery is fully charged)

Z.P 06-21-2022 07:39 PM

K

Originally Posted by Egonvdv (Post 8582833)
It still often shows the car in the wrong place.
sometimes shutting down the app completely (and restarting) works, but not always.
Though even with car showing in the wrong place, all functions work
and i also get notifications (like when battery is fully charged)

Exactly same as mine. Tomorrow the guys from Mercedes Me tech will reboot comm.module (or something) wirelessly by air. Will let you know if that will fix the problem.

Egonvdv 06-27-2022 05:35 AM

@Z.P did that do the trick ?

Z.P 06-27-2022 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Egonvdv (Post 8587227)
@Z.P did that do the trick ?

i’m not sure if they done it yet. I haven't been told it’s done. At the moment the same problem exist, so annoying sometimes works most of the time don’t and i bought the services for 5 years. I’ll gave another 2-3 days and will let you know then. I believe this starts to happening when the update the car software. As i had the head unit (command unit) replaced.

Egonvdv 06-27-2022 08:01 AM

mine was working fine in the beginning (much better than my previous w213 comand)
no updates have been done though...

Z.P 06-27-2022 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Egonvdv (Post 8587250)
mine was working fine in the beginning (much better than my previous w213 comand)
no updates have been done though...

Just happened the rebooting and it didn’t fix the problem! All the services went dead for about 30min then back on again with the same problem. I just unlock it from the app but i can’t lock it back on again. Sometimes opposite, sometimes works just fine, sometimes do not work at all. Sometimes take ages to receive the signal to the app. This is a joke! So really, this is good for kids to play, looking at the security side i can not relay on this services, the car can be lock or unlock and on the app showing different.

Egonvdv 06-27-2022 12:00 PM

it's weird that it "half works" sometimes.
it's either connected, or it isn't you'd think .
maybe it's a server problem.

Egonvdv 01-03-2023 06:36 AM

since about 2 weeks geofencing no longer working .
I lost all my "areas" and can't create new ones ...

Diesel Benz 01-04-2023 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Egonvdv (Post 8696348)
since about 2 weeks geofencing no longer working .
I lost all my "areas" and can't create new ones ...

Worked today for our W213. I did not try to add new zones but the button to add zones appeared to be available. Perhaps a temporary issue. Your car is quite new, service cannot have been expired yet?

Egonvdv 01-04-2023 11:07 AM

I should have the service yes...
but like all mercedes me functions, you never know when it will or will not work ;-)

Egonvdv 01-19-2023 09:09 AM

Today's App update fixed the problem

Egonvdv 01-31-2023 08:48 AM

Here's a way to Force a connection between the App and the car,

( For when you can't use any of the remote functions, and/or when the status of the car is shown incorrectly (unlocked, when it's definitely locked etc)

If you program "pre-entry climate control" and send it to the car, it reestablishes a connection.

You might need to try several times, but eventually it works.

It's as if the app "calls " the car, which will then "wake up"

Egonvdv 02-10-2023 08:28 AM

update:

when you program "pre-entry climate control", IE send the command to the car, it might not register.
So in the app, "pre-entry" will still be switched off.
but if you look at all the fonctions in the app, you'll see they are ready to be used