MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W213) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213-208/)
-   -   2021 E Class Coupe Spy Shots (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213/726851-2021-e-class-coupe-spy-shots.html)

rbrylaw 11-12-2018 12:20 PM

2021 E Class Coupe Spy Shots

Doesn't look like a radical redesign, but certainly has the cues of the new GLE/CLS/A class lights:

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...mage=100678847

teksurv 11-12-2018 01:13 PM

Will definitely be interesting to see the facelift, especially given how radical the 212 facelift was.

rbrylaw 11-12-2018 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by teksurv (Post 7601285)
Will definitely be interesting to see the facelift, especially given how radical the 212 facelift was.

We both had W212 E 350 Coupes and loved them. Still think they were really good looking.

joshg1001 11-12-2018 11:16 PM

could it be the trickle down oled taillights from the S class coupe?

stephos 11-13-2018 04:52 AM

Considering that I haven't even got my E450 coupe yet, I'm in no rush for a facelift :)

Egonvdv 11-13-2018 06:40 AM

much nicer design than the 4 door.. but a joke when you (try to) carry people in the back

teksurv 11-13-2018 10:28 AM

C238 might surprise you. The former 207 was based on the 204 C Class thus offered a bit less interior volume. 238 has more back seat room than the C217 S Class coupe and is based off of the W213 platform, hence why we coupe/cabrio folks like this section. :)

Originally Posted by Egonvdv (Post 7602016)
much nicer design than the 4 door.. but a joke when you (try to) carry people in the back

Rimola 03-15-2019 01:11 PM

Hard pass for me. Glad I still have the 221/222. Granted, it is just a rendering. With that said, come upgrade time, I honestly am not mad at the new 7 series. Cant believe I am saying this, but I would consider jumping ship.

rustybear3 03-15-2019 05:53 PM

Pasadena for me also. Looks too much like a Japanese or Korean from end to me (think Kia). Glad I got my model when I did.

rbrylaw 03-15-2019 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by rustybear3 (Post 7706515)
Pasadena for me also. Looks too much like a Japanese or Korean from end to me (think Kia). Glad I got my model when I did.

Every time Mercedes shows a mid-cycle or total redesign, many say they don't like it and are happy they have what they have. But then we see them in the real and often, wowa, we get in line to get the new beauty. Aesthetics aside, what will capture us is the new tech that will come under the cover. It doesn't take long for our shiny current jewels to all of the sudden lose their technological luster. I can't list how many times I've said, nope, not me, I don't like it, to be ordering it not that long after it comes out. LOL

rustybear3 03-15-2019 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7706619)

Every time Mercedes shows a mid-cycle or total redesign, many say they don't like it and are happy they have what they have. But then we see them in the real and often, wowa, we get in line to get the new beauty. Aesthetics aside, what will capture us is the new tech that will come under the cover. It doesn't take long for our shiny current jewels to all of the sudden lose their technological luster. I can't list how many times I've said, nope, not me, I don't like it, to be ordering it not that long after it comes out. LOL

I usually keep my cars at least six years, and don't jump ship just because of a latest facelift or technological change. I jumped to the Mercedes line because Cadillac discontinued the ATS and refused to come out with a convertible. Hence, my purchase of my E450 CAB. I hope to keep this car for many years to come.

That doesn't mean I can't appreciate upgrades in designs and technology. So far, the only thing about the upcoming MBUX system I can appreciate is the better voice command system. Outside of that, the elimination of the non-touchscreen and of the rotary wheel are two main reasons I went with Mercedes in the first place....now both of them will be gone.

Another factor is the styling; now the front end seems to be morphing into a Japanese countenance . Yes, from what I've seen so far, I'm a little disappointed in the direction MB is headed. I'm sure I'm not alone in this assessment. Let's hope that at least the styling improves somewhat from these mules we've seen thus far. Hard to tell with all that cladding. Maybe not as bad as we think.

rbrylaw 03-15-2019 10:36 PM

The mules I saw of the new for 2020 GLE were, IMHO, butt ugly. Before I got my E450, I was actually seriously looking at the 2019 GLE (I tried to buy a Jaguar F Pace S, but they wouldn't deal with me at all, and their reliability record is atrocious, so I'm glad I didn't buy one, but it is darn-tootin sexy). I just saw the new GLE in person. The exterior Mule shots weren't impressive. The interior renderings were kind of huh? But the car turned out Hot. The interior is far nicer than the drawings looked. And the lights, which will be on the new 2020 E are pretty cool looking too. I won't be in line for a new E class anytime soon. I think the MBUX voice control would be great, but I too have no interest in having a touch screen in my car. I figure it will be few model changes before my E450 is aging to the point I want something new.

baadmon 11-29-2019 09:26 PM

I wish the MB design team would put some more effort and thought into the rim design. Some of the rims that they design don't really have that 'wow' factor that brings out the car. I like the wheel design team for BMW - they do an exceptional job with the designs of the rims.

rraisley 11-29-2019 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by baadmon (Post 7915721)
I wish the MB design team would put some more effort and thought into the rim design. Some of the rims that they design don't really have that 'wow' factor that brings out the car.

Agreed. The rims on my wife's new Kia Niro are nicer than any I could get on my ordered E450 Wagon. :-(

Arnold_R 11-29-2019 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by baadmon (Post 7915721)
I wish the MB design team would put some more effort and thought into the rim design. Some of the rims that they design don't really have that 'wow' factor that brings out the car. I like the wheel design team for BMW - they do an exceptional job with the designs of the rims.

That is the way I see Mercedes Benz... Fantastic cars with beautiful interiors and very few decent looking wheels. If they ever learn to design wheels they will rule the car industry. :music:

teksurv 11-30-2019 10:36 AM

I've seen worse.
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...2c86a93c9a.jpg