E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Mercedes Me Connect - General User Questions and Tips Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 03:51 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Infiniti M35x
I haven't been able to even sign in the past 2 days. That's my punishment for not driving my Benz the past week in the snow I guess.
Old 02-06-2019, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
One would think the Benz Gods would prefer you not drive your baby in the snow. Go figure.........
Old 02-06-2019, 04:37 PM

Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts
Mercedes Benz e450 Wagon / Porsche 911 Cabriolet
When logged into the site on your computer, click on Remote Vehicle Services. You can lock or unlock the car from there.

I wonder if it won't let you start the car remotely because it doesn't know if you are close. Indeed, does anyone know if we are restricted in starting the car remotely by needing to be in the immediate vicinity?
Old 02-06-2019, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 770 Likes on 608 Posts
Remote start worked for me an hour ago w/Mercedes me. Last month I started the car from Tampa airport when the car was parked on the 5th floor of the short term parking garage.
Old 02-06-2019, 05:16 PM

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts
E63 AMG Estate
Originally Posted by ua549
Remote start worked for me an hour ago w/Mercedes me. Last month I started the car from Tampa airport when the car was parked on the 5th floor of the short term parking garage.
So jealous!
Old 02-06-2019, 07:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 E300 Luxury w/P2
I’m using the Mercedes me app. I did the update and nothing has changed, see my earlier postings. Everything works fine but I don’t have the ability to even enter a address... How are you guys connecting from your Mac? I don’t see an app and there is nothing from the Mercedes Me spot on the website

thanks
Old 02-06-2019, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ua549
Just to test it, I started the E400 from my office with the car 4 miles from my office. My partner verified it started.
Old 02-08-2019, 07:29 PM
rox

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 E220d
Originally Posted by OW22
I got my car 2 weeks ago. New E220d, lovely car and the app and Mercedes Me worked straight away.

But the iPhone App yesterday had converted from KMS to miles and from L/100kms to MPG! I can’t for the life of me change it. I’ve changed regions on my phones etc etc. Nothing.
I think I might find solution to your problem.

Here are few steps:
1. Open main page on Mercedesme portal,
2. Go to top right corner with mouse,
3. One click on your displayed name,
4. Tab pops down, click on second link named "settings",
5. Once you opened that page, there you can change some things,
6. On my screen in second column second row there is link "formats and measure units",
7. When you've clicked on that you can set metric/imperial, air pressure, consumption and time units.

Hope it works for you.
Old 02-09-2019, 10:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
S63 AMG
Over the last few days, Mercedes has been actively dialoguing with me about the problem and at least for me right now, if, on the app itself, I go to the "settings" area (accessed by touching the "gear" icon on the app) and turn OFF the "send direct via Bluetooth to my car if phone is connected to car via Bluetooth" button, then my vehicle can receive addresses (one at a time). They have notified me that they are still working on the "Smart Home" functionality of the app and will revert later about that problem that I also have.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 150 Likes on 128 Posts
2019 Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet NEW Mercedes 2020 GLC300 graphite gray SUV
Originally Posted by danbradford
Over the last few days, Mercedes has been actively dialoguing with me about the problem and at least for me right now, if, on the app itself, I go to the "settings" area (accessed by touching the "gear" icon on the app) and turn OFF the "send direct via Bluetooth to my car if phone is connected to car via Bluetooth" button, then my vehicle can receive addresses (one at a time). They have notified me that they are still working on the "Smart Home" functionality of the app and will revert later about that problem that I also have.
I've been having the same problem...can't send addresses anymore. Tried your solution of turning off blue tooth in the app, to no avail. Did they suggest any other possible solutions to you? Everything else works fine except for this address sending function; which worked perfectly in the beginning.

Mine says: "address sent" unlike yours.

Sending a trouble report to MB myself.

Last edited by rustybear3; 02-10-2019 at 01:51 AM.
Old 02-10-2019, 03:09 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
E53 AMG
I cant even see the Smart Home functionality. Where should I be looking? Cant find it in either the connect app or the me app. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

In the Me Connect App, tap the settings wheel (next to the little car icon) and scan down to the bottom where you'll see Smart Home.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:21 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
E53 AMG
Originally Posted by rbrylaw
In the Me Connect App, tap the settings wheel (next to the little car icon) and scan down to the bottom where you'll see Smart Home.
Thank, but I dont see the option.
I see VIN, Speed Alert, Security Notifications, Valet Protect and Last Mile Notifications as the only options.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:49 PM

S63 AMG
Originally Posted by rustybear3
I've been having the same problem...can't send addresses anymore. Tried your solution of turning off blue tooth in the app, to no avail. Did they suggest any other possible solutions to you? Everything else works fine except for this address sending function; which worked perfectly in the beginning.

Mine says: "address sent" unlike yours.

Sending a trouble report to MB myself.
I had to delete the "Mercedes Me Connect App" , then restart my phone with the app still deleted, then add back the app, and go into the app and turn off the bluetooth direct to vehicle setting. Please note it does NOT work every time sending an address to my car. Sometimes I will send and address, then hop into my car, start it up, go to the navi, and have to wait at least a minute or so for the address to pop up in a window. Sometimes nothing will show up and the app will have an error message saying "something went wrong, try again" -- which when I then proceed to do -- sometimes again nothing will show up but then later on while I am driving -- the input address will suddenly show up -- so it's true to say the app is still "buggy" and as I understand Mercedes is working on it quite hard. I hope this might help you but yes I too would lodge in a complaint so that they work with you to resolve.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:53 PM

S63 AMG
Log into the app, be sure you're on the "home" page, and you will see on the same line/level as your car's license plate number (assuming you have input it) an icon of a vechicle and next to that icon is a "gear" shaped icon. If you touch that "gear" icon you should then be taken to a page that has a bunch of items including setting a speed alert, last mile notifications, send address via bluetooth, suggested destinations, and finally -- Smart Home. I hope this helps although I would note that there are probably different versions of the app out there in different countries. I am in the USA here as I write to you.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another though danbradford, go to the Mercedes Me Portal on your computer. Sign in and in services you may not have enabled Smart Home, in the Comfort setting.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet NEW Mercedes 2020 GLC300 graphite gray SUV
I had to delete the "Mercedes Me Connect App" , then restart my phone with the app still deleted, then add back the app, and go into the app and turn off the bluetooth direct to vehicle setting. Please note it does NOT work every time sending an address to my car. Sometimes I will send and address, then hop into my car, start it up, go to the navi, and have to wait at least a minute or so for the address to pop up in a window. Sometimes nothing will show up and the app will have an error message saying "something went wrong, try again" -- which when I then proceed to do -- sometimes again nothing will show up but then later on while I am driving -- the input address will suddenly show up -- so it's true to say the app is still "buggy" and as I understand Mercedes is working on it quite hard. I hope this might help you but yes I too would lodge in a complaint so that they work with you to resolve.
Thanks a lot. I'm going to try this and see what happens. Just received a MB email and they suggest this as well.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:08 PM

S63 AMG
Another though danbradford, go to the Mercedes Me Portal on your computer. Sign in and in services you may not have enabled Smart Home, in the Comfort setting.

Yes I am in "active" status there with regards to "Smart Home" but I still cannot get it to work although for the first about three weeks I owned my car it would work and properly turned my "Nest" thermostats on and off as I either left home or approached home. Then suddenly it stopped working and Mercedes has written me telling me they are still working on this problem (although it's now been quite some time since I notified them of the problem).
Old 02-11-2019, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm sure you're in line for the one developer, working from some basement, in some unnamed city in Germany, to address it!
Old 02-11-2019, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 770 Likes on 608 Posts
I'm sure you're in line for the one developer, working from some basement, in some unnamed city in Germany, to address it!
Or it is PLA Unit 61398 working to access private information via one's "Nest".
On second thought the Chinese would be more thorough developing apps.

Old 02-11-2019, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1. I sure hope not
2. Yes
Old 02-11-2019, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by rustybear3
Thanks a lot. I'm going to try this and see what happens. Just received a MB email and they suggest this as well.
That did the trick danbradford. The key was turning off the phone and rebooting after deleting the app, then re download the app and turn off sending by bluetooth. I also did a reset of the mercedes apps in the car as well. Everything is now operational as before. Many thanks.

Last edited by rustybear3; 02-12-2019 at 05:13 PM.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 292 Likes on 223 Posts
E 300 AMG-Line diesel-Hybrid - 2021
how do you reset the apps in the car? - maybe that could fix my sh*tty internet radio app (TuneIn)
Old 02-12-2019, 01:48 PM

Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts
Mercedes Benz e450 Wagon / Porsche 911 Cabriolet
Does anyone on Android have this "bluetooth direct to vehicle" setting?
Old 02-12-2019, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Egonvdv
how do you reset the apps in the car? - maybe that could fix my sh*tty internet radio app (TuneIn)
Go to Control setting, access your apps via the Globe icon, let them load, hit settings line down below and then you'll see reset apps.
The following users liked this post:
Egonvdv (02-12-2019)

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes Me Connect - General User Questions and Tips Thread