MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W213) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213-208/)
-   -   Mercedes Me Connect - General User Questions and Tips Thread (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213/727215-mercedes-me-connect-general-user-questions-tips-thread.html)

rbrylaw 11-15-2018 10:49 AM

Mercedes Me Connect - General User Questions and Tips Thread

This is the second thread I've started for Mercedes Me Connect. For 2019, Mercedes opened a new App for the 2019 cars. Some of us had significant issues getting activated to Mercedes servers (myself included). We'll leave that thread open for new people who purchase a 2019 and can't get connected.

This thread will be a general user questions and tips thread. Topics like how to do you get a message that you forgot to lock your car to appear, or how do you send an address to your car, would be the types of questions that would serve this thread best.

nycebo 11-15-2018 03:33 PM

For the record, I think that iPhones probably have superior functionality vis a vis the app compared to Android devices (like my Samsung Galaxy S9+).

But I can remote start, send destination to device, see if doors are locked (and lock them). I just haven't received any notifications.

That did get me thinking: I just enabled the location permission for the app. Let me see what happens.

Thanks rbrylaw (is it Roy?) for starting the thread.

rbrylaw 11-15-2018 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by nycebo (Post 7604685)
For the record, I think that iPhones probably have superior functionality vis a vis the app compared to Android devices (like my Samsung Galaxy S9+).

But I can remote start, send destination to device, see if doors are locked (and lock them). I just haven't received any notifications.

That did get me thinking: I just enabled the location permission for the app. Let me see what happens.

Thanks rbrylaw (is it Roy?) for starting the thread.

Close, it's Rod. I would imagine Location Services would be required if you want to find your car when you parked it and need the app to tell you where it is. I also suggest, though I don't know if Android has the same feature (though I suspect it does) going into Settings > Notifications and ensure you've enabled notifications for the Mercede Me Connect App. On my iPhone I can turn them on or off specifically for the app. I would hazard a guess your Android offers the same? What was so cool this morning, was having my Apple Watch tap my wrist to alert me to the fact I left my car unlocked with a notice to open the app on my phone to lock it.

Here's a link about Notifications on Android: https://support.google.com/android/answer/9079661?hl=en

Cambridgehank 11-15-2018 06:34 PM

Somehow, I now have three Mercedes apps on my iPhone:
Mercedes Me
Mercedes Me Connect
Ask Mercedes

rbrylaw 11-15-2018 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Cambridgehank (Post 7604829)
Somehow, I now have three Mercedes apps on my iPhone:
Mercedes Me
Mercedes Me Connect
Ask Mercedes

If you have a 2019, you can use Mercedes Me Connect. If you don't, it's of no use to you. The other two would be of use.

2012 merc amg 11-16-2018 12:02 AM

To get notifications it must be authorized and then go to settings in the app and turn on notifications. It really is good to have. It alerts you whenever changes are made such as locking or unlocking the car or when remote start is activate or deactivated.

sackboydad 11-16-2018 09:52 AM

I use the valet protect feature to tell me when my car has been started.... not because I would **EVER** let a valet take my E450 Cab.... but to see when my wife drives my car when I’m out of town (won’t park my new baby at the airport either... take another car).

or... and this is the worse... should my 16 year old decide to think he’s smarter than I and take dad’s new ride out for a spin when he thinks no one will notice!

One feature i wish wish they would add... on the last trip page, I wish they would show the date and time the trip started and stopped. Honestly I wish it would keep an entire log, along with GPS coordinates every time the engine stopped.

rbrylaw 11-16-2018 09:57 AM

No Valet person is driving my car. Not now, no how. My partner can if he wants, but we rarely drive each other's cars. After 38 years together, 4 legally married, he's come to get that while everything is jointly owned, I want my car to be MY car and he has his car. Other than my clothes, it's my only truly "it's mine" object I own. Well my watches and wedding ring qualify as "mine" as well. LOL

sackboydad 11-16-2018 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7605211)
No Valet person is driving my car. Not now, no how. My partner can if he wants, but we rarely drive each other's cars. After 38 years together, 4 legally married, he's come to get that while everything is jointly owned, I want my car to be MY car and he has his car. Other than my clothes, it's my only truly "it's mine" object I own. Well my watches and wedding ring qualify as "mine" as well. LOL

Amen to that :-)

rustybear3 11-17-2018 01:38 PM

It's funny that you brought the Valet issue up. My wife and I are going to a extremely nice party with valet service, and I told her, "well, it will be the Honda that night, cause no valet is gonna touch my Cabriolet."......lol:rolf:

rbrylaw 11-17-2018 05:02 PM

I don't blame you one bit.
We just got back from the Tampa, International Auto Show. It's always fun to play in just about every car you can buy in one place. What made me most happy, was that after sitting in all the BMW's, Audi's, Lexus, Lincoln, Cadillac, Jaguar, Maserati, Alpha Romeo, Land Rover cars you can get, nothing made me even remotely wishful I had gotten anything other than the car I have! They didn't have any Genesis there, which I thought was odd. And I have to admit that the Kia K900 was remarkably nice inside the cabin. Nicer than anything Acura offers or Lexus for that matter. Oh and Lincoln has really upped their game. I had to admit all the Lincoln's looked good inside and out. In contrast the Cadillac's looked old and tired. I love our Ambient lights in our cars. But I have to admit that the BMW Ambient lights is very crisp in the implementation. It's implemented very differently from our system. Ours provides more glow, while BMW's is more specific, if that makes sense. It's rendered via a very thin and uniform plastic strip. It's hard to describe, but I did find it very nice.

Here's a picture of the BMW:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/SlqMj9afFI8/maxresdefault.jpg

Here's the E Class, it's more of a glow than a strip of light:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/AT9qpE3yS4U/maxresdefault.jpg

rustybear3 11-18-2018 01:30 AM

Was that the English version of the BMW you sat in? I guess it was truly an International show.

We drove home from my wife's class reunion from Canton Ohio tonight, and I must say the ambient light system is absolutely spectacular! To see that glow coming out of the vents like after burners, really completes the look! The other thing I was really impressed with was the intelligent light system. It seamlessly went between brights and lows with the auto light system, and the cornering lights work so well. It's not that abrupt high to low function you see on every other car; this system is more precise; well worth the money.

Couple that with the Distronic, and the Burmeister system, makes the car such a pleasure to drive!

rbrylaw 11-18-2018 09:56 AM

No, we didn't see a right hand driver at the show, but I was trying to describe the difference and I didn't take a pic at the show, so I just borrowed a picture off the internet. It just better illustrated what I was trying to say. I love the glow in our cars and think it is beautiful. It's just different than how BMW does it. Speaking of the intelligent lighting system. Last night I noticed something interesting. When approaching intersections with street signs, the lights highlight the street signs for a couple seconds, then lower. I'm guessing this is because my E450 has the 360 camera system. I'm pretty sure our E400 without 360 camera does this.

teksurv 11-18-2018 10:53 AM

I get what you are saying about the crisp/neat BMW ambient lighting. That said I prefer the glow myself as it accentuates the color, and curvy lines of the E interior. A bit is subjective of course.

rbrylaw 11-18-2018 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by teksurv (Post 7606557)
I get what you are saying about the crisp/neat BMW ambient lighting. That said I prefer the glow myself as it accentuates the color, and curvy lines of the E interior. A bit is subjective of course.

I don't mean to say the BMW system is better. I love the glow our Ambient Lighting Systems deliver. I just found the crispness of the BMW system cool in how uniformly crisp it was.

rustybear3 11-18-2018 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7606522)
No, we didn't see a right hand driver at the show, but I was trying to describe the difference and I didn't take a pic at the show, so I just borrowed a picture off the internet. It just better illustrated what I was trying to say. I love the glow in our cars and think it is beautiful. It's just different than how BMW does it. Speaking of the intelligent lighting system. Last night I noticed something interesting. When approaching intersections with street signs, the lights highlight the street signs for a couple seconds, then lower. I'm guessing this is because my E450 has the 360 camera system. I'm pretty sure our E400 without 360 camera does this.

Oh...I assumed that was a picture you took at the show; my bad. Anyhow, I did notice the same effect with street signs that you did. I also noticed, that if cars passed us, the lights would lower slightly so as not to shine directly into their rear windows. All in all, I'm really impressed with this intelligent light system.

Now, a question since I'm new to this car. On my Cab, I can swipe my foot to open the trunk on the hands free access. However, swiping a second time to close it doesn't work....contrary to what it says in the manual. The salesman and I noticed it didn't work either on the the 2018 Cab that I test drove either. Both cars had the premium packages, so that isn't it. Maybe because they are convertibles? Does this work or not work on your E450's? p.s. the button in the trunk operates the divider in the trunk and nothing else.

rbrylaw 11-18-2018 12:49 PM

TBH, I've never tried to close the trunk with a kick motion. I rarely use the kick motion to open the trunk. Most of the time, I just stand behind the bumper looking silly moving my foot under the bumper over and over. I'll try it when I take the car out later and let you know if it works on my car.

rbrylaw 11-18-2018 03:51 PM

So I did the kick ballet and low and behold, open and close both worked flawlessly. Playing around with it, you have to learn to stand behind the bumper just a couple inches, have the key on your person and use a smooth constant motion directly toward the underside of the middle of the rear bumper. The same motion to close and you hear a beep to indicate it's going to close.

Cambridgehank 11-18-2018 07:32 PM

HaHa. I learned about the kick to close function the hard way. I sit on my trunk lip to put on and take off my golf shoes. One time one of my feet went under the bumper and the trunk lid came down on my head. Only took one time to know about closing the trunk.

rbrylaw 11-18-2018 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Cambridgehank (Post 7606888)
HaHa. I learned about the kick to close function the hard way. I sit on my trunk lip to put on and take off my golf shoes. One time one of my feet went under the bumper and the trunk lid came down on my head. Only took one time to know about closing the trunk.

Sorry, but just have to do this........."The School of Hard Knocks??!!" :D

Cambridgehank 11-18-2018 07:56 PM

Yes, that is the name of my alma mater.

rustybear3 11-19-2018 12:28 AM

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...155a2f2db2.png

After a little digging around, regardless what it says in the manual apparently the Cabriolet version of the E450 only allows for the opening of the trunk with the kick function or any of the other standard ways: Key fob or Mercedes star on trunk.....but not the close function.

This is pointed out by the DOG guide when ordering a Cabriolet. That's why the upper button in the trunk only operates the divider for the convertible boot and nothing else.

My guess, is that perhaps the closing trunk motor mechanism might interfere with the closing mechanism of the convertible top.

​​​​​​​Not a deal breaker, but a little disappointing none the less. Still, not much of a sacrifice for such a beautiful convertible!

2012 merc amg 11-19-2018 12:58 AM

You have to self close the trunk on the cabriolet, the car does not have the self closing motorized trunk function. The trunk lid is very light so relatively easy to close, not sure why they left this feature off the Cabriolets.

stephos 11-19-2018 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7606763)
So I did the kick ballet and low and behold, open and close both worked flawlessly. Playing around with it, you have to learn to stand behind the bumper just a couple inches, have the key on your person and use a smooth constant motion directly toward the underside of the middle of the rear bumper. The same motion to close and you hear a beep to indicate it's going to close.

"kick ballet" :rolf:

rbrylaw 11-19-2018 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by stephos (Post 7607203)
"kick ballet" :rolf:

:D

nycebo 11-26-2018 09:59 AM

I currently receive notifications via email about car status. For example, "Mercedes me connect: Your vehicle was stopped". Is it possible to disable the emails and instead enable app notifications only? I haven't been able to find the setting anywhere in the app (android) or on the web site.

rbrylaw 11-26-2018 10:17 AM

Go into the Web Portal and try this to see if you still notification on the app.

Open Mercedes.Me portal on your computer
Tap your name
Tap Settings
Tap Notifications
Turn off email notifications

That should stop the emails. What I don't know is if it has anything to do with the app notfications, but I suspect it won't stop the app from notifying you of an event or status.

nycebo 11-26-2018 10:31 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. I went into the site and my email notifications are already disabled. I copied the screenshot below. I really like the notifications from the app so I want to disable email so that there isn't redundancy. It's pretty crazy how convoluted the settings are. There appears to be options everywhere rather than in a centralized location.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...c649aab015.jpg

rbrylaw 11-26-2018 10:43 AM

Not sure why you're getting email notifications if you have that turned off?

parkwood 11-26-2018 05:32 PM

Very interesting to experience the mercedrs me app with the car on the garage. It tells me where in the garage complex the car is that it has been left unlocked with the drivers window and tailgate are open and that the battery needs charging (i assume it has been disconnected). I feel like trying to lock the car but have though better of it:)

rbrylaw 11-26-2018 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by parkwood (Post 7613742)
Very interesting to experience the mercedrs me app with the car on the garage. It tells me where in the garage complex the car is that it has been left unlocked with the drivers window and tailgate are open and that the battery needs charging (i assume it has been disconnected). I feel like trying to lock the car but have though better of it:)

This is one situation where knowing about your car may not be such a good thing.

JDPEClassUK 12-02-2018 05:22 AM

Sending Destinations

Anyone having problems sending destinations from the App to the vehicle?

I can go through all the process and it says it has sent from my iPhone but then so cannot find in the car!

rbrylaw 12-02-2018 10:04 AM

It's working great for me. When you enter the destination in the Me Connect App, how are you sending it?

JDPEClassUK 12-02-2018 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7618871)
It's working great for me. When you enter the destination in the Me Connect App, how are you sending it?

I click on the map icon at the bottom of the screen and then enter a new location at the top and then it asks me if I wish to send to vehicle and I select yes..

rbrylaw 12-02-2018 10:37 AM

When you get in your car, it should pop up. If it doesn't you can open Navigation in the car and it should appear.

JDPEClassUK 12-02-2018 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7618888)
When you get in your car, it should pop up. If it doesn't you can open Navigation in the car and it should appear.

Thanks Rod - that’s what I was hoping for but it doesn’t seem to do that. I have check nav menus, poi’s, previous destinations etc but they are not there. Tried several times and different addresses now.

Everything else, including the remote parking pilot is working fine, but can’t seem to crack this. On my previous BMW I got a notification asking if I wanted to use the sent address for navigation and I was expecting something similar? Sounds like it is working fine on yours if it just pops up!

rbrylaw 12-02-2018 10:50 AM

Yes, on mine, when I get in my car, it just pops up. I hate to say this, but you need to call the Me Connect people (often a hopelessly frustrating thing to do) for more assistance.

JDPEClassUK 12-02-2018 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7618894)
Yes, on mine, when I get in my car, it just pops up. I hate to say this, but you need to call the Me Connect people (often a hopelessly frustrating thing to do) for more assistance.

Well now. Just tried again but this time sent an address from Google Naos and it popped up straight away in car. So did an address from Apple Maps. 😀.

Just not from the map in Me yet 🤔. Working on it !

rbrylaw 12-02-2018 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by JDPEClassUK (Post 7618917)

Well now. Just tried again but this time sent an address from Google Naos and it popped up straight away in car. So did an address from Apple Maps. 😀.

Just not from the map in Me yet 🤔. Working on it !

OK.....progress. So I went and entered an address. Do you tap search when you enter the address in the search bar, then the app finds the address you then tap before you send it to your car?

rustybear3 12-02-2018 11:33 AM

On mine, I found that sometimes it required me to send it twice in order for it to work properly....so now, I just hit the send address twice and it usually sends it and it pops up on my Nav like rbrylaw says.

JDPEClassUK 12-02-2018 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7618922)
OK.....progress. So I went and entered an address. Do you tap search when you enter the address in the search bar, then the app finds the address you then tap before you send it to your car?

Do it just exactly as you describe - strange!

rbrylaw 12-02-2018 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by JDPEClassUK (Post 7618937)

Do it just exactly as you describe - strange!

Are you connected to Wifi when you're doing this?

JDPEClassUK 12-02-2018 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7618941)
Are you connected to Wifi when you're doing this?

Yes - I have a strong signal at home and the car has a full 4G signal.

Will keep trying 👍🏼

jdag 12-08-2018 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by nycebo (Post 7613242)
Thanks for the suggestion. I went into the site and my email notifications are already disabled. I copied the screenshot below. I really like the notifications from the app so I want to disable email so that there isn't redundancy. It's pretty crazy how convoluted the settings are. There appears to be options everywhere rather than in a centralized location.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...c649aab015.jpg

I see the same. I cannot figure out how to disable the emails. It's not the end of the world, but I'd rather not get them all all.

rbrylaw 12-08-2018 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by jdag (Post 7624617)
I see the same. I cannot figure out how to disable the emails. It's not the end of the world, but I'd rather not get them all all.

That's how the settings should look. I don't get email notifications. Just Text. If you haven't rebooted your phone lately, reboot your phone and see if that helps.

jdag 12-08-2018 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7624629)
That's how the settings should look. I don't get email notifications. Just Text. If you haven't rebooted your phone lately, reboot your phone and see if that helps.

I have rebooted, no change. However, I don't know that there'd be any connection between the phone and email. The emails are going to my hotmail account, seemingly from the Mercedes Me server at noreply@mercedes.me.

rbrylaw 12-08-2018 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by jdag (Post 7624633)
I have rebooted, no change. However, I don't know that there'd be any connection between the phone and email. The emails are going to my hotmail account, seemingly from the Mercedes Me server at noreply@mercedes.me.

Buried in the phone app is the same setting as in the Web version. Again, I get text messages, but I don't get emails.

jdag 12-08-2018 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7624642)
Buried in the phone app is the same setting as in the Web version. Again, I get text messages, but I don't get emails.

I did look on the app as well, again no luck.

I should have noted that my wife also gets the email notifications (regardless of which one of us starts/stops the car).

Also, whether this matters or not who knows...We had a 2016 C300, and we currently have a 2017 GLC300 and 2019 C300. So both of us have both the MM (for the GLC) and MM Connect (for the C300) apps installed. And we have access to both of the web portals. (Side note...thanks for making this so user friendly MB!)

Slugsy 12-09-2018 01:31 AM

Wait a minute! How are people getting text and email notifications? I don’t get either in my 19 E63?

What phone(s) are people using? Is there a way to get emails?

JDPEClassUK 12-09-2018 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by JDPEClassUK (Post 7619056)

Yes - I have a strong signal at home and the car has a full 4G signal.

Will keep trying 👍🏼

Update - I reported the issue to Me support and they investigated. Apparently my connection to the MB Connect (one of the main menu options in car) had dropped out.

Apparently this needs to have been activated and still active for it to receive maps and produce pop ups. (It should stay active all the time unless battery disconnected). Seems to be working fine now. 👍🏼

Thanks for all the suggestions.

mgardner23665 12-31-2018 02:49 PM

I just purchased a 2019 E43A4 Cabriolet and the Mercedes Me Connect app on my iPhone 6 does not work. I've had it one week now and still the app will not work. I am not driving the car and only have 24 miles on it. The dealer reps are very nice and are trying to help --- they say that Mercedes is working on this issue. I have also been told that someone from Mercedes will be contacting me and no one has contacted me. I am wondering if I purchased a "lemon" and should return the car ?

JDPEClassUK 12-31-2018 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by mgardner23665 (Post 7642523)
I just purchased a 2019 E43A4 Cabriolet and the Mercedes Me Connect app on my iPhone 6 does not work. I've had it one week now and still the app will not work. I am not driving the car and only have 24 miles on it. The dealer reps are very nice and are trying to help --- they say that Mercedes is working on this issue. I have also been told that someone from Mercedes will be contacting me and no one has contacted me. I am wondering if I purchased a "lemon" and should return the car ?

i had exactly the same problem and when Mercedes Me got in touch they said I needed to drive for at least an hour or so to enable the server to sync with the car.

When I did that it worked and now is connected all the time and is a great app.

Go do 60-70 miles and see what happens.

mgardner23665 12-31-2018 03:26 PM

Thanks very much for the advice. I'll try driving the car a few more miles. I was just hesitant in case I needed to take the car back ..... On another note, my daughter picked up her new GLC yesterday and the app worked instantly at the dealer.

Happy New Year !

rbrylaw 12-31-2018 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by mgardner23665 (Post 7642523)

Your car is NOT a lemon. For some of us, the Mercedes Me Connect process was less than immediate. It took nearly 3 weeks for mine to finally connect. I did have to create a ticket with MBUSA and they were very responsive and had to elevate to some special programming team, operated out of some little city in Germany, but they finally got me connected and all is good with Me Connect now. You definitely do need to take an extended drive for the car to connect with the Satellite, which then connects with the servers all held in Germany.

mgardner23665 12-31-2018 04:26 PM

Thank you very much for your insight ... I will take your's and other's advice and take a long ride tomorrow. Personally on another issue of which I do not know if it has been brought up on a forum such as this before --- I'm afraid to contact Mercedes directly as I "got in trouble" with a Mercedes dealer over a 2015 ML350 that we purchased that was in the shop for over a month shortly after we purchased it with issues that they could not correct ..... apparently the dealers get reprimanded by Mercedes if a customer contacts them in New Jersey directly ? Just guessing and don't know for sure sure what happens, but the dealer did hear from Mercedes after my direct contact for help .... Mercedes bought back the 2015 ML and we traded it for a GLE 550e that we really like and enjoy.

rbrylaw 12-31-2018 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by mgardner23665 (Post 7642606)
Thank you very much for your insight ... I will take your's and other's advice and take a long ride tomorrow. Personally on another issue of which I do not know if it has been brought up on a forum such as this before --- I'm afraid to contact Mercedes directly as I "got in trouble" with a Mercedes dealer over a 2015 ML350 that we purchased that was in the shop for over a month shortly after we purchased it with issues that they could not correct ..... apparently the dealers get reprimanded by Mercedes if a customer contacts them in New Jersey directly ? Just guessing and don't know for sure sure what happens, but the dealer did hear from Mercedes after my direct contact for help .... Mercedes bought back the 2015 ML and we traded it for a GLE 550e that we really like and enjoy.

That's absurd. You should contact MB directly if you ever feel your dealer can't solve something to your satisfaction. In the case of Me Connect, the dealers really can't do anything. There is a Me Connect team at MB headquarters specifically for Me Connect. Call them for help with this. They're the ones with the direct link to the team in Germany.

JDPEClassUK 12-31-2018 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7642638)
That's absurd. You should contact MB directly if you ever feel your dealer can't solve something to your satisfaction. In the case of Me Connect, the dealers really can't do anything. There is a Me Connect team at MB headquarters specifically for Me Connect. Call them for help with this. They're the ones with the direct link to the team in Germany.

Agreed. The team at Mervedes Me are pretty responsive and don’t have anything to do with your dealer and they are the developers of the app.

JTK44 12-31-2018 06:07 PM

My experience:

Picked up car on Thursday, December 27, 2019. ME Connect up and running on my iPhone by Saturday, December 29 and 100% operational, including tutorial videos, by Sunday, December 30.

No complaints!

mgardner23665 01-04-2019 05:54 PM

Thanks again .... I'm envious of most of you whose app works !!! I contacted Mercedes directly on January 2 in the AM and I was told that the issue of the app not working has been "escalated" and that I would hear back from them within 24 hours .... I'm patiently waiting and it is now Friday January 4 .... a sales rep told me that I purchased a great car and that I should enjoy it even if the app does not work ?

rbrylaw 01-04-2019 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by mgardner23665 (Post 7645924)
Thanks again .... I'm envious of most of you whose app works !!! I contacted Mercedes directly on January 2 in the AM and I was told that the issue of the app not working has been "escalated" and that I would hear back from them within 24 hours .... I'm patiently waiting and it is now Friday January 4 .... a sales rep told me that I purchased a great car and that I should enjoy it even if the app does not work ?

Oh. They clearly didn't tell you that's 24 hours in some little German city time? I was told multiple times I'd hear in 24 hours. Only their 24 hours isn't US time. What I did was make myself a daily NUISANCE until they finally got it working for me. Call them daily. Get a case number and memorize it. They will get this resolved. They have for many of us. It's just not quite as fast as we might hope for.

MountainFisher 01-04-2019 08:59 PM

I too am having the same experience with Mercedes Me on my new 2019 E450 wagon. Initially there were issues getting the vehicle connected to the app, but that was resolved after being escalated to Germany. Now the remote start feature is not functional and has been escalated as well. I have been told that this is a known issue and a fix is in the works with no ETA on an update.

mgardner23665 01-04-2019 09:05 PM

Thanks for the reassurance that it is not only my new car --- however, I do not remember if I mentioned that my daughter picked up her 2019 GLC this past Sunday and the app worked instantly at the dealer. This just added to my disappointment and frustration with Mercedes.

rbrylaw 01-04-2019 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by mgardner23665 (Post 7646047)
Thanks for the reassurance that it is not only my new car --- however, I do not remember if I mentioned that my daughter picked up her 2019 GLC this past Sunday and the app worked instantly at the dealer. This just added to my disappointment and frustration with Mercedes.

Yet again, no one explained that the app works like roulette wheel. The ball lands in the right slot instantly for some. And as you've now learned, the ball not so instantly for others. Sorry you're one of the others. But you're in good company and there is light at the end of the tunnel. There really is.

MountainFisher 01-05-2019 11:48 AM

mgardner- there is hope. I just randomly tried the app this am and it worked. I did not receive any communication from MB that the fix had been applied, so I guess the roulette ball finally landed on my number.

2012 merc amg 01-06-2019 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7604378)
This is the second thread I've started for Mercedes Me Connect. For 2019, Mercedes opened a new App for the 2019 cars. Some of us had significant issues getting activated to Mercedes servers (myself included). We'll leave that thread open for new people who purchase a 2019 and can't get connected.

This thread will be a general user questions and tips thread. Topics like how to do you get a message that you forgot to lock your car to appear, or how do you send an address to your car, would be the types of questions that would serve this thread best.

Strange the app does not work for either of my cars anymore for remote lock and unlock and remote start ?

guhvies 01-06-2019 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7646970)

Strange the app does not work for either of my cars anymore for remote lock and unlock and remote start ?

Oh oh, looks like you've entered the MB Twilight Zone (c)(tm)...

parkwood 01-06-2019 06:13 AM

I find the mercedes me app is inaccessible quite reguarly so i also have a shortcut to the mercedes me portal on my phone and usually that is available even if the app is not. It looks a lot different but you can still do all the things you can via the app.
just occasionally both are down at the same time.....not sure why mercedes is having such a difficult time with the technology.

nycebo 01-06-2019 08:58 AM

Does your car have good signal?

parkwood 01-06-2019 10:01 AM

I live in rural france so 3g/4g is a bit patchy with a few "white zones" around. However it is rare for the in car internet hotspot to fall over or not to connect and rarer still for the sos system not to connect. So in general i would say i have a good connection with mercedes central control for want of a better description.
However when using the app on home wi fi mercedes me connect is not always accessible it just says try again. I normally find the portal gives me access but occasionally this will also not connect. I have assumed it is access into mercedes servers by my phone or rarely pc that is the issue rather than the car not connecting. Next time i will check if i can the status of the car connection.

2012 merc amg 01-08-2019 09:02 PM

I logged out and back in on the computer to the portal, now the app works with my Convertible E450 but still not my Wagon, I give up, lol.

rbrylaw 01-08-2019 09:04 PM

After all this time has it still never worked with the Wagon?

2012 merc amg 01-08-2019 10:05 PM

It did work but doesn’t anymore for some reason. If I didn’t have the convertible I’d think maybe it was the system but nope gotta be something weird with the wagon. It does do things with the wagon like tell me the doors are closed. Tire pressure etc. it Just won’t lock/unlock or start that car.

nycebo 01-08-2019 10:32 PM

Does it work from the web portal?

2012 merc amg 01-09-2019 12:39 AM

Does the same thing on the Portal, the progress gauge just keeps spinning around when I try to lock or unlock or remote start. It all works fine on my Cabriolet with either the Portal or my iPhone. I'm not going to worry about it at this point, I've wasted enough time on it.

rbrylaw 01-18-2019 10:37 PM

Since last night, I haven't been able to open or use the Me Connect app. Mercedes Me works fine for the E400, but the Me Connect app, just spins and spins. Are any of you not able to get the app to do anything?

2012 merc amg 01-19-2019 12:53 AM

I did talk with Tech support the other day and she was telling me they are going to issue a whole new update for the app as they were having a lot of problems and had to start from scratch with a lot of things. I think they released this stuff too early. I really question the security of the whole app thing too? It really seems it just was not ready for prime time yet.

JDPEClassUK 01-19-2019 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7658076)
Since last night, I haven't been able to open or use the Me Connect app. Mercedes Me works fine for the E400, but the Me Connect app, just spins and spins. Are any of you not able to get the app to do anything?

i have been in touch with Mercedes Me Technical pretty much every day since November! I know they are updating a lot of the software and yesterday they did a shutdown for a period of time forvtechnical updates.

Might just need time time for real-activationon some models. Keep trying!

parkwood 01-19-2019 04:48 AM

It is morning here and it is working fine but i do find it inaccessible quite often. For that reason i keep a link to the web portal on my phone. It is not as clear but does do the same functions well for me we do not have remote start here and i do not have the remote parking.
i think sadly that mercedes is not quite there yet in its on line services and is playing catch up but i suspect they will eventually reach the same higher than mainstream abilities as they have in engineering terms with their on line software engineering. I suspect that they can attract some of the best talent to work for them.....

rbrylaw 01-19-2019 09:32 AM

I think Mercedes should have hired an outside App Developer to make these apps. They've never really had one that just works. Or at least works easily.

I was able to login again this morning. The two features I use the most are lock my car remotely and send an address to my car. I do like getting a notification on my Apple Watch if somehow I forgot to lock my car. I wish I could lock it from the watch though. To lock it, I have to go to my iPhone and hold the lock button there. Since I have a Cellular Apple Watch, there are some situations, where I don't have my phone with me.

For our friends in the Northeast, I hope the snow storm isn't too bad this weekend. It's going to sunny and 78 in Tampa, today! :)

stephos 01-21-2019 11:10 AM

Yeah, I also mainly use the app to send addresses to the car. In fact, I just did it now and it worked as expected.

Helmar 01-21-2019 01:00 PM

This note from Mercedes in the Apple App Store:

They acknowledge that the remote start function is problematic and are working on it.....

lensjack 01-21-2019 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Helmar (Post 7659924)
This note from Mercedes in the Apple App Store:

They acknowledge that the remote start function is problematic and are working on it.....

Interesting. I created up a Pin Number and tried Remote Start for the first time yesterday. It worked fine. Maybe its functionality comes and goes? I'll try it some more as time permits.

rbrylaw 01-24-2019 02:46 PM

FYI, on iPhone there is an update today for the Mercedes Me Connect App. It just says bug fixes and performance improvements, but doesn't list anything specific it addresses.

mike82212 01-24-2019 03:26 PM

I’m having some of the same problems with Mercedes Me. I am missing the “ Send to Benz” on my app. iPhone 8, iOS 12.1

after speaking to a number of people they said it’s a known problem but no fix in sight! Maybe with the next update?

rbrylaw 01-24-2019 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by mike82212 (Post 7663132)
I’m having some of the same problems with Mercedes Me. I am missing the “ Send to Benz” on my app. iPhone 8, iOS 12.1

after speaking to a number of people they said it’s a known problem but no fix in sight! Maybe with the next update?

Not sure what to tell you, but we have an E400, which uses Mercedes Me and an E450, which uses Mercedes Me Connect. I just opened the Mercedes Me app on my iPhone, running iOS 12.1.3 and Send2Benz is there and working just fine.

Maybe delete the App and then reinstall it.

mike82212 01-24-2019 03:33 PM

Thanks, done that, deleted the app and the cache, loaded on my wife’s phone all no luck!

rbrylaw 01-24-2019 03:39 PM

I don't understand at all how the feature can be missing from your app, but is clearly on my app and functioning on my app? I could see if it was on the app, but not working, but to not even be on the main screen isn't logical. Take a screen shot of the main page of the Mercedes Me app and post it, if you don't mind.

Here's one from my iPhone, clearly showing Send2Benz

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...b9f375fc7a.jpg

parkwood 01-24-2019 03:40 PM

Thanks for heads up. App kept crashing all day when i tried to open it so i have uninstalled and reinstalled and its working fine now.

do not have remote start but everything is working fine.

mike82212 01-24-2019 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by mike82212 (Post 7663139)
Thanks, done that, deleted the app and the cache, loaded on my wife’s phone all no luck!

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...9c1d50db4b.png
See, not there! Amazing, right?

parkwood 01-24-2019 03:55 PM

I am using android on a samsung S9 maybe it is the apple iteration that is having probs.

the app in the screenshot has a very different look to my european android look.

rbrylaw 01-24-2019 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by mike82212 (Post 7663154)

Well that's just bizarre. The version on my iPhone as can be clearly seen, has the Send2Benz button. And it works. I have no clue why you don't have it. Do you have an active MBrace Account?

mike82212 01-24-2019 04:15 PM

Yes I have a active account. The remote start works,lock and unlock and locate my car. One of the reps I spoke to said “Mmmm, never seen that before “

rbrylaw 01-24-2019 04:16 PM

Since as users we have no ability to add or remove anything inside an app such as Mercedes Me, it's a complete mystery your app is missing a key button. Do you feel special yet? (sorry)

mike82212 01-24-2019 04:18 PM

I feel left out!! Lol

rbrylaw 01-24-2019 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by mike82212 (Post 7663187)
I feel left out!! Lol

I can understand why. Sending an address to either our E400 or E450 is the absolute most used function we have.

mike82212 01-24-2019 04:24 PM

I agee, had it on my C300 and my Lexus and it’s so helpful. Can send a list from home and have it waiting for me. So I really miss it

rbrylaw 01-24-2019 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by mike82212 (Post 7663202)
I agee, had it on my C300 and my Lexus and it’s so helpful. Can send a list from home and have it waiting for me. So I really miss it

When I got my E450 and couldn't get the Me Connect App to connect with my car, I called MBUSA daily and bugged them to death until they got some programmer, sitting in a basement in some remote city in Germany (literally) to figure out why my car wouldn't connect and get it connected. I'd recommend you call MBUSA and have them elevate this issue and complain until they resolve it. There's simply no reason on an iPhone using the very same app I use, you shouldn't have the Send2Benz button. Complain, Complain, Complain. Have them create a ticket number. Refer to that ticket number every time you call. Sad to say, but being a thorn in their side does get results.

2012 merc amg 01-24-2019 05:33 PM

Still no luck on my e450 wagon getting it to remote start or unlock/lock doors. Works fine on the same app on my e450 Cabriolet, very strange. Got a complaint into mercedes, so far they are doing nothing. Had me take a couple screen shots of the app page where it's not working. It seems like it must be something within the car like the hermes module. I asked the rep I spoke with at mercedes connect if I should set up an appointment at the dealer, he said not yet. Strange because everything else on the wagon works within the app such as tire pressure readings and showing all other functions, it's just that I cannot get the car to do anything remotely. Tried everything I can think of, loading and unloading app, signing in and out, etc. Cannot control anything on the car from the computer portal either on that car, the Cabrio is fine. I should probably delete everything and try the app just using the wagon, maybe there is some kind of bug when using two cars on the app. Strange though because it worked fine for around a month, the last month it has been kaput.

rbrylaw 01-24-2019 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7663250)
Still no luck on my e450 wagon getting it to remote start or unlock/lock doors. Works fine on the same app on my e450 Cabriolet, very strange. Got a complaint into mercedes, so far they are doing nothing. Had me take a couple screen shots of the app page where it's not working. It seems like it must be something within the car like the hermes module. I asked the rep I spoke with at mercedes connect if I should set up an appointment at the dealer, he said not yet. Strange because everything else on the wagon works within the app such as tire pressure readings and showing all other functions, it's just that I cannot get the car to do anything remotely. Tried everything I can think of, loading and unloading app, signing in and out, etc. Cannot control anything on the car from the computer portal either on that car, the Cabrio is fine. I should probably delete everything and try the app just using the wagon, maybe there is some kind of bug when using two cars on the app. Strange though because it worked fine for around a month, the last month it has been kaput.

Did you get a case number? Call them daily and complain. They need to elevate this to that one dude in a basement in some unnamed German City, who does the programming on the Me Connect App.

2012 merc amg 01-24-2019 07:27 PM

Yes there is a claim number. I notice today the app is all screwed up. Taking forever to load and freezing up. Everything else with these cars is great other than this app. I had some fun in some curved roads yesterday in the wagon. It has a real nice solid feel to it in corners and is fun to drive in sport plus mode. I actually really like the sounds the twin turbo makes when revving in sport plus mode. Has some nice popping sounds to it too through the exhaust on decell. It’s kind of addicting.

rbrylaw 01-24-2019 07:59 PM

I shouldn't have updated the app today. It was working just fine till the update. It's not working at all right now. One would think when an app receives an update it would be more, not less stable. But this is Mercedes technology in all its glory! :wall:

2012 merc amg 01-24-2019 08:57 PM

There should have been a warning with the update "if it ain't broke don't fix it" lol. Here's the message I get when trying to do anything remote with the Wagon.
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...400adbf834.png

rbrylaw 01-24-2019 09:23 PM

All I get is a perpetual spinning circle, and then finally some advertising. It's not connecting to my car at all. But this morning, before the update (I'm so sorry I posted an update was available), it was working just fine. Waaaaaay to go Mercedes. Harumph!

Courthaven 01-24-2019 10:39 PM

Unfortunately my Mercedes Me Connect rarely connects when I need it We have had some freezing cold days below 20 this week and I really wanted to start my car in advance but unfortunately the damn app never works then.. However it always seems to be able to remind me when I didn't lock my car in my garage.
​​​​​

rbrylaw 01-24-2019 10:45 PM

I just tried and it's working again. It's the perpetual on and off and on and off app.

2012 merc amg 01-25-2019 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7663509)
I just tried and it's working again. It's the perpetual on and off and on and off app.

Great. I think they are doing work on the app today. It is still a work in progress.

OW22 01-25-2019 07:04 AM

I got my car 2 weeks ago. New E220d, lovely car and the app and Mercedes Me worked straight away.

But the iPhone App yesterday had converted from KMS to miles and from L/100kms to MPG! I can’t for the life of me change it. I’ve changed regions on my phones etc etc. Nothing.

JDPEClassUK 01-25-2019 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by OW22 (Post 7663670)
I got my car 2 weeks ago. New E220d, lovely car and the app and Mercedes Me worked straight away.

But the iPhone App yesterday had converted from KMS to miles and from L/100kms to MPG! I can’t for the life of me change it. I’ve changed regions on my phones etc etc. Nothing.

check settings in car under settings/units. You can change between metric and imperial

OW22 01-25-2019 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by JDPEClassUK (Post 7663679)

check settings in car under settings/units. You can change between metric and imperial

I’m at a loss on that. I’ve literally looked into every menu and sub menu and cannot find any setting like that.

rox 01-25-2019 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by OW22 (Post 7663734)

I’m at a loss on that. I’ve literally looked into every menu and sub menu and cannot find any setting like that.

You have to go to car settings, then from car setting scroll down to "Units" submenu and there you can change from imperial to metric units.

OW22 01-25-2019 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by rox (Post 7663805)
You have to go to car settings, then from car setting scroll down to "Units" submenu and there you can change from imperial to metric units.

Its not the car read outs that’s the issue. They’re in KMS and the Mercedes Me website shows the info in metric as well. It’s only the iPhone app that’s in imperial. There seems to be no way to change the app settings.

Courthaven 01-25-2019 10:47 AM

By the way, I don't want to jinx anything here,, but my app has actually been working all day since I took the update last night 🤞

rox 01-25-2019 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by OW22 (Post 7663808)

Its not the car read outs that’s the issue. They’re in KMS and the Mercedes Me website shows the info in metric as well. It’s only the iPhone app that’s in imperial. There seems to be no way to change the app settings.

You can try to delete the car (only from portal on your computer) and add it from your app on your phone.

OW22 01-25-2019 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by rox (Post 7663837)
You can try to delete the car (only from portal on your computer) and add it from your app on your phone.

To be honest, I’ll leave it. The app works fine, everything it works well and I can live with a minor thing like that. I don’t fancy screwing it up by fiddling around with adding or deleting cars etc.

rbrylaw 01-25-2019 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Courthaven (Post 7663809)
By the way, I don't want to jinx anything here,, but my app has actually been working all day since I took the update last night 🤞

I know what you mean, but since it decided to wake up again, it's been stable. I hope two positives don't turn this into a negative!

rox 01-25-2019 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by OW22 (Post 7663957)

To be honest, I’ll leave it. The app works fine, everything it works well and I can live with a minor thing like that. I don’t fancy screwing it up by fiddling around with adding or deleting cars etc.

I had similar issues with app and after that process no problems so far. In my case it worked, but it's your car so it's up to you.

jl199986 01-26-2019 07:03 AM

I've been lucky with the app I guess, no really problems once I set it up properly thru the website.

Wish I could turn on heated seats with it.

haibieb 01-26-2019 07:22 AM

While I have not used the start feature, late last night I checked the system as I was approaching our car, the system asked me to confirm the new MB Me connect T's & C's (Terms and Conditions). Since we got our new 2019 CLS450, the app has worked well with no issues to report. :zoom:

rustybear3 01-26-2019 01:47 PM

For me an auto top up or down including windows for my E450 CAB would be a great addition to the app.

Knock on wood, my app works just fine after the update....disappointed it didn't add new features; especially the pilot auto park.

mgardner23665 01-26-2019 05:29 PM

It's been over a month now and the App for my E534A still does not work .... yesterday the sales representative called and told me that Mercedes Me Connect told him that I needed to bring the car in for a reset of the "ignition cycle" ? Anyone know what this is on a 2019 Mercedes ? Also, when I woke up this AM, all of the information on the app was deleted so the app has to be set up again ? Interesting .....

2012 merc amg 01-26-2019 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by mgardner23665 (Post 7664928)
It's been over a month now and the App for my E534A still does not work .... yesterday the sales representative called and told me that Mercedes Me Connect told him that I needed to bring the car in for a reset of the "ignition cycle" ? Anyone know what this is on a 2019 Mercedes ? Also, when I woke up this AM, all of the information on the app was deleted so the app has to be set up again ? Interesting .....

Ya, I'm thinking my car needs a reset at the dealer too. That must be when they start from scratch and enter in all the info. Did your app read data like tire pressure, doors open/closed, etc. Mine does that, it just will not remote start or remote unlock/lock doors. I've had a complaint into MB for a few days not as it has not worked in a month and sent them snapshots of the app on the phone but have yet to hear anything back from them, next stop is gonna be the dealer.

Egonvdv 01-28-2019 11:14 AM

for a month now i've been mailing with mercedes, because you can no longer send POI's (addresses) from the website, to the the POI app in the car.
(ONLY directly from mobile app to GSP, but just one at the time)

their solution today was for me to re-install the app on the phone…., but:
A) i was talking about a feature on the WEBSITE, (it was never possible with the app)
B) the problem is that the feature no longer exists. NOT that there was a bug in said feature…

Never would have thought that this whole connected thing would test my patience so much...

mike82212 01-28-2019 11:28 AM

As you can read in my post, I can’t use the app. The feature is not there. Went to the website thinking that would at least give me another option and noticed nothing there. So I’m stuck with a high end car that I cannot use all its features. Might just have to give up and use Apple Car Play

2012 merc amg 01-29-2019 12:11 AM

You look at the reviews of the app under the apple app site and the reviews are mostly horrible, lots of issues. I finally removed my Wagon from the app and re-entered the car which is going to require a trip to the dealer for them to re-verify the car. Gonna give that a try tomorrow afternoon. Still works ok on my Cabriolet although sometimes the app takes a long time to load, but I can unlock/lock and remote start that car. The wagon it's been going on a month now before the app last worked on it. I'll see what happens tomorrow. The Mercedes App people are not getting back to me even though I've called them a few times and they told me to send screen shots of what the app is doing (or not doing) and the wagon and no response.

rbrylaw 01-29-2019 09:07 AM

2012, you're not doing it right. You need to call them daily and make yourself a nuisance. That's the only way I got all my Me Connect App connection issues resolved. I became an annoyance. Squeaky Wheel!

rustybear3 01-29-2019 10:00 AM

I'm convinced these problems all stem from module issues within each vehicle. Think about it. An app is an app, it's the same software for everyone who downloads it. Others (including myself) have no problems; while others it's a daily problem. If it's an app problem, shouldn't we all experience similar results? These on and off problems really seem vehicle specific. Have any of you had the module replaced in the car?

rbrylaw 01-29-2019 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by rustybear3 (Post 7667143)
I'm convinced these problems all stem from module issues within each vehicle. Think about it. An app is an app, it's the same software for everyone who downloads it. Others (including myself) have no problems; while others it's a daily problem. If it's an app problem, shouldn't we all experience similar results? These on and off problems really seem vehicle specific. Have any of you had the module replaced in the car?

That's certainly a possible explanation. But if you recall, I could not get the app to connect with my for the entire first month of owning the car. Once that dude in the basement in some remote city in Germany fixed whatever the connection issue was, I have had pretty much uninterrupted, successful access since. It did not require replacing the Hermes module, though at some point that was discussed as an option.

ua549 01-29-2019 10:42 AM

It could have been a configuration issue such as a hardware address unique to your vehicle that could only be fixed by the elf in the basement.

rbrylaw 01-29-2019 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by ua549 (Post 7667179)
It could have been a configuration issue such as a hardware address unique to your vehicle that could only be fixed by the elf in the basement.

That is likely the case. When we got the E400, we were paying MBUSA for internet service, which we could not get in the car to work. It took weeks for MBUSA to figure out they put in the wrong IP address for the car, which once correctly input, turned on the service we were paying for, but weren't getting.

Got to love MB and their whacky systems!

rustybear3 01-29-2019 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7667148)
That's certainly a possible explanation. But if you recall, I could not get the app to connect with my for the entire first month of owning the car. Once that dude in the basement in some remote city in Germany fixed whatever the connection issue was, I have had pretty much uninterrupted, successful access since. It did not require replacing the Hermes module, though at some point that was discussed as an option.

That's my point Ron. They probably sent some signals to your unit trying to rectify the situation; but as you know, it's only a temporary band aid. How many times do they need to resend your address? I've yet to see anyone post (unless I missed it) that they had their module replaced. Wouldn't you think that by now, MB would try that as a fix?

rbrylaw 01-29-2019 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by rustybear3 (Post 7667198)
That's my point Ron. They probably sent some signals to your unit trying to rectify the situation; but as you know, it's only a temporary band aid. How many times do they need to resend your address? I've yet to see anyone post (unless I missed it) that they had their module replaced. Wouldn't you think that by now, MB would try that as a fix?

Yes absolutely one would think by now we would have seen situations where the Hermes module had to be replaced. But I also don't recall anyone saying theirs had to be replaced. This seems to be poor programming on the handshake between Mercedes and the cars themselves.

In 2012's case however, his E450 Wgaon initially, if I recall correctly connected right away and now isn't connecting. That's a bit more perplexing.

Courthaven 01-29-2019 05:41 PM

I don't know what it is, but I am so sick and tired of seeing my app say "Connection not established. Please try again later." This is ridiculous.

rbrylaw 01-29-2019 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Courthaven (Post 7667566)
I don't know what it is, but I am so sick and tired of seeing my app say "Connection not established. Please try again later." This is ridiculous.

The app is working fine tonight. You need to keep pushing Mercedes to resolve this for you.

2012 merc amg 01-29-2019 08:20 PM

I guess I've gotta keep pushing mercedes too. I thought I had it figured out today. The other day I delete the wagon from the account in spite of it say you cannot retrieve the vehicle again once you do this. Yep that is correct. I tried but got a message saying I needed to go to an authorized mercedes dealer and show my drivers license for authorization. So I did that this afternoon. The woman at the dealer entered everything into her computer and then I got email saying it was successfully authorized but everything was loading again like originally, the woman said it might take up to 24 hours. When I got home everything was loaded and the vehicle showed up on the app. Everything was as it was before, it is showing fuel levels, tire pressure and all that other stuff and is up to date and accurate. But the big test was when I got to the mail center where I live I tried to remote lock the car. Sure enough does not work just like before. Mercedes Me is still not getting back to me after asking for screen shots last week and I sent them. This nonsense is really getting old.

rbrylaw 01-29-2019 08:31 PM

It's odd that it works, but remote lock/unlock doesn't. It may have taken a full month for my to connect, but it definitely does lock/unlock from the app. Remote start is glitchy, but does on occasion work.

2012 merc amg 01-29-2019 08:34 PM

Yes very odd. In my case since it is connected it seems like it might be some module in the car that has gone bad or something especially where as it worked fine the first month. I wish MB had some way of diagnosing this or something and were more professional about getting this fixed. I'm going to tell them that next time I call. I payed for this equipment when I bought the car and it is defective and does not work right, I could technically probably even lemon law the car for this and get my money back.

Courthaven 01-29-2019 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7667615)
The app is working fine tonight. You need to keep pushing Mercedes to resolve this for you.

Well it's funny because it is working right now but not when I posted. He seems to be fine when I don't need it, but as soon as I want to start my car in 20 degrees it can't connect..

rustybear3 01-29-2019 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7667705)
Yes very odd. In my case since it is connected it seems like it might be some module in the car that has gone bad or something especially where as it worked fine the first month. I wish MB had some way of diagnosing this or something and were more professional about getting this fixed. I'm going to tell them that next time I call. I payed for this equipment when I bought the car and it is defective and does not work right, I could technically probably even lemon law the car for this and get my money back.

That's what I'm saying. The only thing you haven't had done is have the hardware (module) replaced. It seems the logical thing to do next. This diagnosing ong distance from Germany is counter intuitive at best.

I know that is what I'd insist on if I were having the problems you guys are having.

danbradford 01-30-2019 12:41 AM

The motion is specific -- use a forward kicking motion -- kick your foot quickly forward and draw it back underneath the trunk area and it should readily open. Mine works every time if I do it the right way. I too thought that just motion of my foot under the trunk was sufficient -- but it will rarely work. Hope this helps.

Egonvdv 01-30-2019 06:14 AM

anyone in EUROPE managed to get Mercedes me to work with alexa or google ?

on the website it states that this should work (under section "interface to 3rd party suplliers") but i am unable to add the "skill" to either one.

"interface to 3rd party suplliers" = loosely translated from french
it's under this icon:
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...d4eb495a1d.jpg

OW22 01-30-2019 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Egonvdv (Post 7667943)
anyone in EUROPE managed to get Mercedes me to work with alexa or google ?

on the website it states that this should work (under section "interface to 3rd party suplliers") but i am unable to add the "skill" to either one.

"interface to 3rd party suplliers" = loosely translated from french
it's under this icon:
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...d4eb495a1d.jpg

Yeah I couldn't figure that out either. I have Google home and have the Google App on my iPhone but can't figure out how you work this. Not that I'd actually use it to be honest, but I'm curious.

OW22 01-30-2019 02:38 PM

If it's any consolation, as a long term BMW driver prior to my E Class, the BMW Connected Drive is awful. Dreadfully slow to connect to the car, the Mercedes Me app is significantly quicker. And half the time, the BMW functions didn't work. I could start the auxiliary heater to a set time, but literally half the time, it would not connect to the car.

And BMW were terrible at responding to any queries. One time I had a query about an online map update and they finally responded 6 weeks later!!!!!

None of these car makers are still up to speed with Tech imho. It's not their core strength.

danbradford 01-30-2019 03:49 PM

Yes I am having the same problem and have called the Mercedes concierge people and complained, as well as written a separate email and also on the Mercedes-Me Connect app website have formally registered a problem there as well. I am writing this on Jan 30, 2019 and it's been more than a week since I lodged a complaint and no response so far.

Egonvdv 01-30-2019 04:15 PM

I have 3 issues that I'm discussing by email with them.

- alexa & google connectivity
- predictive navigation
- sending addresses to the POI app in the car

according to the website each of these items should work (the 1st two you actually have to activate under services),
yet non of them are available.

they reply fairly quickly, but do not seem to have any understanding of the features or the problems i'm having.
It's like I'm the ONLY/FIRST person to tell them about these issues...

Mercedes me is a bit like facebook: you keep wanting to check in to see what new & exciting, but when you get there, you realise that it's a bit of a waste of time

danbradford 01-30-2019 04:19 PM

Mercedes Me Connect Input Destination Issues

I am the owner of a new 2019 S63-AMG S-class 4-matic sedan and when I first purchased my vehicle it would allow me (for about a week) to input a destination request for the navi function either directly through the app or using Google Maps or Apple Maps, -- having selected to forward the address to the "Mercedes Me Connect" app. For the last now several weeks this function no longer works. If I send the destination to my vehicle either nothing happens, or in the Mercedes Me connect app itself on the navi/input destination page -- I just get an error message "Something is wrong, try again". But the input destination still will not work even after trying successive times to use it. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how do address this problem? I have contacted Mercedes via email and also through Mbrace but so far no response or help of any kind.

danbradford 01-30-2019 04:26 PM

I was able initially to get Alexa (Echo latest gen device) to work but it is cumbersome. I have to say "Alexa, launch my Mercedes" and then it hooks up to Mercedes Me Connect and asks what I want to do. Simple commands like "Start my car" are not always readily understood and sometimes I have to issue the same command multiple times to get it to work. It will then ask for my PIN that is associated with the 'start ignition' function inside my Mercedes Me Connect app -- and sometimes will work, but more often than not -- nothing happens. For the life of me I CANNOT get the destination input either using the app directly or using the "forward" icons inside e.g. Apple Maps or Google Maps to work -- I am not a tech novice but no combination of efforts to delete, re-install, or close/re-open phone etc. seem to help at all. The Mercedes Me Connect app will apparently sometimes seem to have send my requested address to my vehicle, but when I climb in and turn on the car -- NOTHING happens so at this point am giving up that it works until the app is further changed and modified to be more robust and stable. Thanks for your reply.

Egonvdv 01-30-2019 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by danbradford (Post 7668416)
I am the owner of a new 2019 S63-AMG S-class 4-matic sedan and when I first purchased my vehicle it would allow me (for about a week) to input a destination request for the navi function either directly through the app or using Google Maps of Apple Maps, having selected to forward the address to the "Mercedes Me Connect" app. For the last now several weeks this function no longer works. If I send the destination to my vehicle either nothing happens, or in the Mercedes Me connect app itself on the navi/input destination page -- I just get an error message "Something is wrong, try again". But the input destination still will not work even after trying successive times to use it. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how do address this problem? I have contacted Mercedes via email and also through Mbrace but so far no response or help of any kind.

sending directly from app to car is a hit & miss
more often than not the address doesn't arrive and if the car is not connected (say underground parking) then the address is definitely lost.
as far as I can tell the address does not go via a server, but directly to the car.
(If you want to be sure that the address arrives you should do it with engine on whilst in the car... stupid, I know)

this is why the POI app was so great: you would send however many addresses from the website (app not possible) to the car's SERVER.
then in the car you'd call up the list in the POI app. - the addresses ALWAYS arrived, since they got stored on the server.
and it was great for planning a road trip / holiday. - really don't understand why they canceled such a great feature.
the POI ap is still there though.. doing nothing

danbradford 01-30-2019 05:05 PM

Thanks again. Initially -- it would work with car turned off and when I unlocked the vehicle and then started it up -- immediately after the "COMAND" warning about not being distracted while driving by command, I would get a box on my screen letting me know a destination address had been input and did I want to navigate to that address. This feature only worked for say a week and then switched off for some reason. I cannot get it to work at all now.

rbrylaw 01-30-2019 10:18 PM

There's nothing consistent in what works for one owner vs what won't work for another. The enter a destination function in my Me Connect app is still working well for me and does come up when I get in the car on the Comand screen.

2012 merc amg 01-30-2019 10:28 PM

Is there anyone else where the readings on the app work but the functions of door lock/unlock and remote start does not work?. Seems like the case on my Wagon is most unusual. It would be nice at the least to remote unlock the car. Mercedes is not being cooperative in getting back to me or giving me any information, maybe I should just return the car under the lemon law.

rbrylaw 01-30-2019 10:29 PM

I just received an email from Mercedes about the Me issues. I haven't complained to Mercedes, so I assume everyone received this? Odd to get such an email after 10:00 PM?

Hello ROD,

We know how frustrating it is when technology doesn’t work the way it should, so we’d like to apologize for the recent disruptions experienced in the Mercedes me app. At Mercedes-Benz, we’re committed to providing a first-class experience to each of our customers, and we can assure you that we’re making every effort to fix the issues as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Mercedes me Team

rbrylaw 01-30-2019 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7668743)
Is there anyone else where the readings on the app work but the functions of door lock/unlock and remote start does not work?. Seems like the case on my Wagon is most unusual. It would be nice at the least to remote unlock the car. Mercedes is not being cooperative in getting back to me or giving me any information, maybe I should just return the car under the lemon law.

You need to research the Lemon Law in Florida. I doubt an app which doesn't work correctly would necessarily qualify and you'd have to have had the car in the shop for 3 times for the same issue and there are numbers of days out of use that factor in as well for a car to qualify.

stephos 01-31-2019 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7668744)
I just received an email from Mercedes about the Me issues. I haven't complained to Mercedes, so I assume everyone received this? Odd to get such an email after 10:00 PM?

Hello ROD,

We know how frustrating it is when technology doesn’t work the way it should, so we’d like to apologize for the recent disruptions experienced in the Mercedes me app. At Mercedes-Benz, we’re committed to providing a first-class experience to each of our customers, and we can assure you that we’re making every effort to fix the issues as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Mercedes me Team

I didn't get this email or any other. Perhaps you received it as a follow up of sorts from the issues you reported to them...

Egonvdv 01-31-2019 06:19 AM

Mercedes replied on the alexa/google issue:

basically it says PROBABLY service will be active (in france) within the next 3 months

Cher Monsieur
Suite ŕ votre message, je vous confirme que l'assistant n'est pas encore disponible en France.
Nous ne connaissons pas encore une date précise de disponibilité.
Cependant il serait question que le service soit rendu accessible dans les trois premiers mois de l'année 2019.
N’hésitez pas ŕ nous recontacter pour toute question supplémentaire
Cordialement,
Romina Piscedda
Mercedes me connect Support

rbrylaw 01-31-2019 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by stephos (Post 7668882)
I didn't get this email or any other. Perhaps you received it as a follow up of sorts from the issues you reported to them...

Perhaps, but my Me Connect woes ended two months ago now. Or this was sent by MBUSA to US customers?

Cao Black 01-31-2019 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by sackboydad (Post 7605206)
I use the valet protect feature to tell me when my car has been started.... not because I would **EVER** let a valet take my E450 Cab.... but to see when my wife drives my car when I’m out of town (won’t park my new baby at the airport either... take another car).

or... and this is the worse... should my 16 year old decide to think he’s smarter than I and take dad’s new ride out for a spin when he thinks no one will notice!

Or maybe he hopes everyone will notice...except you! :zoom: His name is not Ferris, is it?

stephos 01-31-2019 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7668931)
Perhaps, but my Me Connect woes ended two months ago now. Or this was sent by MBUSA to US customers?

Yeah, I was thinking that they were a little late... :)

rustybear3 01-31-2019 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7668931)

I know I didn't receive any such email as a US customer. Other than "address" issues, I can't imagine anything more MB can do from their end in Germany; especially since the app works perfectly for so many of us. I still think it's hardware related instead.

nycebo 01-31-2019 09:55 AM

Let's face it: Mercedes is a car manufacturer trying to get technology to work. The app is cool but it's really not paramount in my usage. I like the remote start but that's about all I use it for. I would "share" a lot more addresses from Google Maps but I always get the "not a valid address" error. So I end up having to search from within me and it's just tolerable at best. Candidly, despite loving full screen Comand NAV, I end up using Android Auto and Google Maps for most real nav.

stephos 01-31-2019 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by nycebo (Post 7669007)
despite loving full screen Comand NAV, I end up using Android Auto and Google Maps for most real nav.

yep, same here exactly

2012 merc amg 01-31-2019 10:27 PM

I just wish for my cars that it was my Wagon that the remote features worked instead of my Convertible. I got both the Convertible and the wagon not too far apart. I've got 4400 miles already on the Wagon and 1400 miles on the Convertible, thats in about 2 months. I do a lot of driving in the wagon and definitely could use the remote features with this app much more in that car, but as fate would have it, it may never work in the wagon.

nycebo 02-01-2019 10:32 AM

It will work eventually. Mine is still hit and miss. It's clear that the Connect Me is a new product for 2019 cars and MB is clearly racing to get the product up to snuff. For my part, I am currently living in a house with very mediocre cellular service. Consequently, I think that the wagon is dropping in and out of service and screwing up the connection to the network. Then I'm betting that there is a mismatch between the new IP and your phone's knowledge of the old IP. The result is a failed connection.

However, since my car has been parked in the city the past couple days, the connection has been perfect...because it's always had signal.

What do you guys think?

rbrylaw 02-01-2019 10:50 AM

I'm sure how stable the connection is between app on a phone to the car has a tremendous effect on stability of service.

2012 merc amg 02-01-2019 10:51 PM

That does not explain my situation, I've got two E450's. One works fine, the other Kaput. I've got a good signal. Wifi at home and everywhere around Venice the LTE is good.

rustybear3 02-02-2019 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7670618)
That does not explain my situation, I've got two E450's. One works fine, the other Kaput. I've got a good signal. Wifi at home and everywhere around Venice the LTE is good.

That's telling me that it's more likely a hardware issue and not software. By the way, both my wife's and my ME connect work perfectly on our car. That's two separate fobs and ME connect apps.

In your case, one car works and the other doesn't....so how can it be a software issue?

2012 merc amg 02-02-2019 10:04 PM

But it did work originally on the wagon up until a month ago. I think it's something to do with the individual car registered to the IP at the Mercedes Server, when they made changes to the app they lost a certain number of cars. Proof to this theory is Rods car, when they worked hard enough in Germany to finally find the car and register it the app started working. I'm just giving it time at this point as they stopped getting back to me about 3 weeks ago and it's like shoveling S against the wall with them. Other than this problem with the wagon, I'm thrilled with both cars, especially my S450 Cabriolet, it drives like a S class car. Once I get rid of the Run flat tires for Michelin Super Sports the car will be even better although the Michelin Primacy Run Flats don't really bother me all that much, I'll just drive it till they are somewhat worn out.

rustybear3 02-02-2019 11:00 PM

By the way, we both updated our apps with the new software with no problems. What are the odds that ours work perfectly, even with updates and those with on and off problems continue to have them? Out of curiosity, do you have the android or Iphone app?

Have you tried the app on a different phone?

2012 merc amg 02-03-2019 03:57 AM

I use a iPhone 6 Plus. I’ve tried the app with my iMac computer and can remote start the Cabriolet but not the wagon with that too. What makes my case strange is that I can get all the data from both cars but just can’t do anything remote with the wagon such as send directions or unlock doors or remote start. Even the send to Benz function works fine with the cabriolet.

rbrylaw 02-06-2019 02:11 PM

There is an update for Mercedes Me (not Me Connect) which specifically says Bug fixes and performance improvements as we work to resolve the recent Remote Start outages. I'm letting it update with the hope it doesn't break the connection to our E400. This won't have any benefit for Me Connect. Perhaps that update is yet to come?

rustybear3 02-06-2019 02:17 PM

For the first time these last few days, my ME connect won't send the address to my car....everything else works fine though. A server problem?

rbrylaw 02-06-2019 02:20 PM

I think it's just your week on the rotation basis for some aspect of the poorly executed app to have some malfunction. MBUSA seems to spread love sporadically.

rustybear3 02-06-2019 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7674478)
I think it's just your week on the rotation basis for some aspect of the poorly executed app to have some malfunction. MBUSA seems to spread love sporadically.

Maybe...we'll see if it clears up. By the way, I'd like to try my ME app online (Macbook Pro), but it appears to want me to add my vin number and vehicle all over again. Is there a link or page that I can just log on?

rbrylaw 02-06-2019 02:56 PM

Have you never used the laptop/computer app before? If I remember correctly, all I had to do was sign in with my user name and password and it knew my car, but I haven't been on the Me Connect desktop version in a while.

rustybear3 02-06-2019 03:20 PM

I finally got on, but claims it doesn't have my vin number on file, even though I entered it. Doesn't really matter. About the only thing you can do is download manuals. Can't send address or do any of the functions of ME connect. Seems it's strictly an app based system.

rbrylaw 02-06-2019 03:28 PM

Correct. It's informational, not active in terms of doing things like we can on the app. You can turn services on or off via the desktop interface.

Courthaven 02-06-2019 03:51 PM

I haven't been able to even sign in the past 2 days. That's my punishment for not driving my Benz the past week in the snow I guess.

rbrylaw 02-06-2019 03:52 PM

One would think the Benz Gods would prefer you not drive your baby in the snow. Go figure.........

nycebo 02-06-2019 04:37 PM

When logged into the site on your computer, click on Remote Vehicle Services. You can lock or unlock the car from there.

I wonder if it won't let you start the car remotely because it doesn't know if you are close. Indeed, does anyone know if we are restricted in starting the car remotely by needing to be in the immediate vicinity?

ua549 02-06-2019 04:49 PM

Remote start worked for me an hour ago w/Mercedes me. Last month I started the car from Tampa airport when the car was parked on the 5th floor of the short term parking garage.

Slugsy 02-06-2019 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by ua549 (Post 7674632)
Remote start worked for me an hour ago w/Mercedes me. Last month I started the car from Tampa airport when the car was parked on the 5th floor of the short term parking garage.

So jealous!

mike82212 02-06-2019 07:21 PM

I’m using the Mercedes me app. I did the update and nothing has changed, see my earlier postings. Everything works fine but I don’t have the ability to even enter a address... How are you guys connecting from your Mac? I don’t see an app and there is nothing from the Mercedes Me spot on the website

thanks

rbrylaw 02-06-2019 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by ua549 (Post 7674632)

Just to test it, I started the E400 from my office with the car 4 miles from my office. My partner verified it started.

rox 02-08-2019 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by OW22 (Post 7663670)

I think I might find solution to your problem.

Here are few steps:
1. Open main page on Mercedesme portal,
2. Go to top right corner with mouse,
3. One click on your displayed name,
4. Tab pops down, click on second link named "settings",
5. Once you opened that page, there you can change some things,
6. On my screen in second column second row there is link "formats and measure units",
7. When you've clicked on that you can set metric/imperial, air pressure, consumption and time units.

Hope it works for you. ;)

danbradford 02-09-2019 10:11 PM

Over the last few days, Mercedes has been actively dialoguing with me about the problem and at least for me right now, if, on the app itself, I go to the "settings" area (accessed by touching the "gear" icon on the app) and turn OFF the "send direct via Bluetooth to my car if phone is connected to car via Bluetooth" button, then my vehicle can receive addresses (one at a time). They have notified me that they are still working on the "Smart Home" functionality of the app and will revert later about that problem that I also have.

rustybear3 02-10-2019 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by danbradford (Post 7677553)
Over the last few days, Mercedes has been actively dialoguing with me about the problem and at least for me right now, if, on the app itself, I go to the "settings" area (accessed by touching the "gear" icon on the app) and turn OFF the "send direct via Bluetooth to my car if phone is connected to car via Bluetooth" button, then my vehicle can receive addresses (one at a time). They have notified me that they are still working on the "Smart Home" functionality of the app and will revert later about that problem that I also have.

I've been having the same problem...can't send addresses anymore. Tried your solution of turning off blue tooth in the app, to no avail. Did they suggest any other possible solutions to you? Everything else works fine except for this address sending function; which worked perfectly in the beginning.

Mine says: "address sent" unlike yours.

Sending a trouble report to MB myself.

chasesunny 02-10-2019 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by danbradford (Post 7677553)

I cant even see the Smart Home functionality. Where should I be looking? Cant find it in either the connect app or the me app. Thanks in advance.

rbrylaw 02-10-2019 10:52 AM

In the Me Connect App, tap the settings wheel (next to the little car icon) and scan down to the bottom where you'll see Smart Home.

chasesunny 02-10-2019 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7677822)
In the Me Connect App, tap the settings wheel (next to the little car icon) and scan down to the bottom where you'll see Smart Home.

Thank, but I dont see the option.
I see VIN, Speed Alert, Security Notifications, Valet Protect and Last Mile Notifications as the only options.

danbradford 02-10-2019 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by rustybear3 (Post 7677640)
I've been having the same problem...can't send addresses anymore. Tried your solution of turning off blue tooth in the app, to no avail. Did they suggest any other possible solutions to you? Everything else works fine except for this address sending function; which worked perfectly in the beginning.

Mine says: "address sent" unlike yours.

Sending a trouble report to MB myself.

I had to delete the "Mercedes Me Connect App" , then restart my phone with the app still deleted, then add back the app, and go into the app and turn off the bluetooth direct to vehicle setting. Please note it does NOT work every time sending an address to my car. Sometimes I will send and address, then hop into my car, start it up, go to the navi, and have to wait at least a minute or so for the address to pop up in a window. Sometimes nothing will show up and the app will have an error message saying "something went wrong, try again" -- which when I then proceed to do -- sometimes again nothing will show up but then later on while I am driving -- the input address will suddenly show up -- so it's true to say the app is still "buggy" and as I understand Mercedes is working on it quite hard. I hope this might help you but yes I too would lodge in a complaint so that they work with you to resolve.

danbradford 02-10-2019 11:53 PM

Log into the app, be sure you're on the "home" page, and you will see on the same line/level as your car's license plate number (assuming you have input it) an icon of a vechicle and next to that icon is a "gear" shaped icon. If you touch that "gear" icon you should then be taken to a page that has a bunch of items including setting a speed alert, last mile notifications, send address via bluetooth, suggested destinations, and finally -- Smart Home. I hope this helps although I would note that there are probably different versions of the app out there in different countries. I am in the USA here as I write to you.

rbrylaw 02-11-2019 09:05 AM

Another though danbradford, go to the Mercedes Me Portal on your computer. Sign in and in services you may not have enabled Smart Home, in the Comfort setting.

rustybear3 02-11-2019 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by danbradford (Post 7678432)
I had to delete the "Mercedes Me Connect App" , then restart my phone with the app still deleted, then add back the app, and go into the app and turn off the bluetooth direct to vehicle setting. Please note it does NOT work every time sending an address to my car. Sometimes I will send and address, then hop into my car, start it up, go to the navi, and have to wait at least a minute or so for the address to pop up in a window. Sometimes nothing will show up and the app will have an error message saying "something went wrong, try again" -- which when I then proceed to do -- sometimes again nothing will show up but then later on while I am driving -- the input address will suddenly show up -- so it's true to say the app is still "buggy" and as I understand Mercedes is working on it quite hard. I hope this might help you but yes I too would lodge in a complaint so that they work with you to resolve.

Thanks a lot. I'm going to try this and see what happens. Just received a MB email and they suggest this as well.

danbradford 02-11-2019 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7678590)
Another though danbradford, go to the Mercedes Me Portal on your computer. Sign in and in services you may not have enabled Smart Home, in the Comfort setting.

Yes I am in "active" status there with regards to "Smart Home" but I still cannot get it to work although for the first about three weeks I owned my car it would work and properly turned my "Nest" thermostats on and off as I either left home or approached home. Then suddenly it stopped working and Mercedes has written me telling me they are still working on this problem (although it's now been quite some time since I notified them of the problem).

rbrylaw 02-11-2019 02:32 PM

I'm sure you're in line for the one developer, working from some basement, in some unnamed city in Germany, to address it!

ua549 02-11-2019 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7678879)
I'm sure you're in line for the one developer, working from some basement, in some unnamed city in Germany, to address it!

Or it is PLA Unit 61398 working to access private information via one's "Nest". :D
On second thought the Chinese would be more thorough developing apps.

rbrylaw 02-11-2019 02:58 PM

1. I sure hope not
2. Yes

rustybear3 02-11-2019 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by danbradford (Post 7678432)

Originally Posted by rustybear3 (Post 7678604)
Thanks a lot. I'm going to try this and see what happens. Just received a MB email and they suggest this as well.

That did the trick danbradford. The key was turning off the phone and rebooting after deleting the app, then re download the app and turn off sending by bluetooth. I also did a reset of the mercedes apps in the car as well. Everything is now operational as before. Many thanks.

Egonvdv 02-12-2019 12:32 PM

how do you reset the apps in the car? - maybe that could fix my sh*tty internet radio app (TuneIn)

nycebo 02-12-2019 01:48 PM

Does anyone on Android have this "bluetooth direct to vehicle" setting?

rustybear3 02-12-2019 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Egonvdv (Post 7679623)
how do you reset the apps in the car? - maybe that could fix my sh*tty internet radio app (TuneIn)

Go to Control setting, access your apps via the Globe icon, let them load, hit settings line down below and then you'll see reset apps.

2012 merc amg 02-12-2019 05:12 PM

To reset the car you hold down all 3 button on the ceiling buttons including the sos and hold 10 seconds with the key on. Not sure if that’s a good idea though as now my apps are forever loading and not loading. Didn’t work before anyhow. They told me to do this at me connect.

chasesunny 02-12-2019 11:30 PM

I am on Android. Deleted MB Connected (USA) app, rebooted phone, reinstalled. But still dont see "Send Address" or "SmartHome" options in the settings page.
I dont care about sending address since I only use Waze, but Smarthome would be nice.
I do know that Smarthome is active service as I logged in to the website and checked.

stephos 02-13-2019 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by nycebo (Post 7679730)

I don't...

Egonvdv 02-13-2019 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by rustybear3 (Post 7679775)
Go to Control setting, access your apps via the Globe icon, let them load, hit settings line down below and then you'll see reset apps.

of course this did not fix it….. :-(

rustybear3 02-13-2019 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by nycebo (Post 7679730)

Originally Posted by chasesunny (Post 7680249)
I am on Android. Deleted MB Connected (USA) app, rebooted phone, reinstalled. But still dont see "Send Address" or "SmartHome" options in the settings page.
I dont care about sending address since I only use Waze, but Smarthome would be nice.
I do know that Smarthome is active service as I logged in to the website and checked.

Apparently, android doesn't have it. The setting on I-Phone looks like this:

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...4ee67b8cfc.jpg

Egonvdv 02-13-2019 11:02 AM

it's not the same app as i have. seems the EU & USA one (still) differ
we do not have the Bluetooth option, nor suggested destinations

Egonvdv 02-13-2019 11:06 AM

Well i finally had some spare time …

Sent to 'mercedes_me_connect@cac.mercedes-benz.com'

Good day

I've had my car for 1.5 years now I must say I am very underwhelmed by the "connected" side of it.
Both the Mercedes me website & the phone app have too many problems.

I also find that, when I send emails to Mercedes regarding issues I have, they reply very quick at first...
but when the problem does not get solved, and Mercedes no longer knows what to do, they stop replying altogether!

Here below is a list of things that are not working or not working properly.
(Please note that I'm not the only customer who experiences these issues, so they can not be classified as "isolated cases")

1- the Mercedes me website is very slow

2 - the app sometimes shows doors or windows are open when they are not.

3 - the app sends messages that doors are open when they are closed.
(this happens when you open the car & then lock again without driving it)

4 - on the mercedes me website there's info about services that do not (yet) exist.
example: alexa & google voice control are explained, and the service is there to activate, yet it is not yet available in France/Europe -
this is confusing.

5 - predictive navigation is explained on the website and one can activate the service, yet it does not (yet) exist / work
( after a long discussion : ref CMS zzzzzzzzzz, they simple stopped replying...)

6 - the POI app in the car has become useless, because it's no longer possible to send addresses there from the mercedes website.
The service was deleted from the site, yet it is still mentioned & explained.
(i had a long discussion under ref CMS xxxxx- but they stopped answering, presumably because they couldn't figure it out)

7- when sending an address directly from the phone app to the car's gps, it very often does not arrive at all

(please note no 6 & 7 are 2 different methods of sending addresses!)

8- TuneIn can not play a lot of radio stations (which CAN be played directly on the TuneIn website or TuneIn app on phone)

9 - automatic downloads in car not working. It did it once (in 1.5 years) and then got stuck for weeks, so in the end had to do it manually

I'm just glad that your cars are not built like your website/app, cos it feels like the "connected" thing is just a BETA version thrown in for free!

Also the fact that you just stop replying to me when you can't find a solution, is quite scandalous to be honest...

I shall be pleased to hear ASAP

Regards
Egon

So all will be solved soon…………………………………………………………………………….. lol

rbrylaw 02-13-2019 12:41 PM

That is a great letter Egon!! Please update us if you ever get a response. Most of us truly love our cars and likely will continue to drive Benz's as there's just not much else like one. But we will likely be stuck with less than stellar connected services as it's simply not their forte. It has never been their forte and has always appeared to be an afterthought service at best, programmed by some dude in some basement in some unnamed city in Germany.

My brother pokes fun at me all the time. He has a Kia with the Kia App, which never suffers the issues MB Apps do. I let him poke, because I know I've the better car in my Mercedes!

JDPEClassUK 02-13-2019 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Egonvdv (Post 7680513)
it's not the same app as i have. seems the EU & USA one (still) differ
we do not have the Bluetooth option, nor suggested destinations

Egon -
It is is not necessarily EU/US because the iPhone image shown is identical to mine and I am in the UK.

Does seem really strange why some have more issues than others.

Egonvdv 02-13-2019 01:14 PM

do you guys ( @rustybear3 @JDPEClassUK ) have the 2019 model
and if so do you have an app dedicated to that special model ?

JDPEClassUK 02-13-2019 01:29 PM

[QUOTE=Egonvdv;7680664]do you guys ( @rustybear3 @JDPEClassUK ) have the 2019 model

Mine is a MY 2019 with Command Online, but I just downloaded the App from the App Store and use the Mercedes Me Portal online!

Egonvdv 02-13-2019 01:38 PM

the app version is 2.12.2
I deleted it
reboot phone
reinstalled (though download is from iTunes france)
chose uk as residence this time (rather than France)
but no change

I guess the app adapts itself to the functions that the particular car has...

but that means I should have "suggested destinations" (as this feature can be (and is) activated on my Mercedes me website)

2012 merc amg 02-13-2019 01:50 PM

Does anyone notice the app won’t open a lot of the time? They had told me when calling to try resetting the module in my wagon. Now everything won’t load to reactivate the car. What a disaster this whole app is. In reading the reviews in the Apple App Store most seem to agree.

rbrylaw 02-13-2019 02:16 PM

In the iOS App Store, there's yet another Mercedes Me update today. v.2.4.7. Am reluctantly letting it update.

rustybear3 02-13-2019 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Egonvdv (Post 7680664)
do you guys ( @rustybear3 @JDPEClassUK ) have the 2019 model

Yes, I have the 2019 E-450 CAB .

It does say on it's website "To become a Mercedes me connect user, you should own a model year 2019 or newer Mercedes-Benz vehicle."
"Note: Select 2018 GLE and 2018 C-Class vehicles are also equipped with Mercedes me connect services."

So it sounds as if the app is specifically tailored to the newer 2019 and above vehicles. Some of these features may not show up in the app if used on older models .

rustybear3 02-13-2019 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7680716)
In the iOS App Store, there's yet another Mercedes Me update today. v.2.4.7. Am reluctantly letting it update.

Now that I've got everything working back to normal, I'm not. Unless it has the auto pilot feature, I'm done updating

Egonvdv 02-13-2019 04:39 PM

I think this is specific to the us, cos here in Europe there's only one app for all cars it seems

rbrylaw 02-13-2019 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by rustybear3 (Post 7680787)
Now that I've got everything working back to normal, I'm not. Unless it has the auto pilot feature, I'm done updating

This was the Mercedes Me App, not the Me Connect App. I have and use both apps since we have the 2018 E400 and and 2019 E450.

rustybear3 02-13-2019 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7680905)
This was the Mercedes Me App, not the Me Connect App. I have and use both apps since we have the 2018 E400 and and 2019 E450.

I have the Mercedes ME app also, but it is rather worthless...it just gives "my dealers", "owners manuals" and a connect button that takes me to the Mercedes ME connect app. It also gives me a roadside assistance button and a schedule service.

Does it show different functions for the 2018 E400 model? Is the Mercedes ME for older cars?

Originally Posted by Egonvdv (Post 7680860)
I think this is specific to the us, cos here in Europe there's only one app for all cars it seems

Do you have the Mercedes ME or the Mercedes ME connect app?

rbrylaw 02-13-2019 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by rustybear3 (Post 7680988)
I have the Mercedes ME app also, but it is rather worthless...it just gives "my dealers", "owners manuals" and a connect button that takes me to the Mercedes ME connect app. It also gives me a roadside assistance button and a schedule service.

Does it show different functions for the 2018 E400 model? Is the Mercedes ME for older cars?

Yes, Mercedes Me, is the Me Connect app for pre-2019 cars. You can send addresses via Send2Benz. Lock/Unlock and start the car. It doesn't offer as much information as Me Connect.

JDPEClassUK 02-14-2019 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7680995)
Yes, Mercedes Me, is the Me Connect app for pre-2019 cars. You can send addresses via Send2Benz. Lock/Unlock and start the car. It doesn't offer as much information as Me Connect.

Confusion reigns because in UK the latest app (for all cars inc 2019) is just called Mercedes Me. This has all the functions you seem to have in the US with Mercedes Me Connect. I think the naming convention depends very much on the region of the App Store.

I remember someone saying they could only get the parking app by logging into a Europe based App Store and downloading from Daimler site!

Wilturner 02-14-2019 06:29 PM

I don't know if you ever got the answer but the S-Cab is the only Cab that the"kick" will close the trunk as well as open.

2012 merc amg 02-14-2019 06:33 PM

I wish that work loading the euro app in the USA and then having the remote parking pilot. I’m still trying to get the USA app to work on my wagon. Works on my cabriolet ok. On today’s call with mb I’m gonna try and make a deal with them substitute the wagon for the cabriolet and make the cabriolet the non working car. Lol. Every time I call they have me try something different that never works. Going on 6 weeks now app not working with the wagon and that’s the car this app would be really useful having it work.

ua549 02-14-2019 06:46 PM

The EU app (which I have) will never work on a US model vehicle because of the mbrace registration is for a US vehicle. When one tries to use it an error message will be issued by the app. I got the app for traveling in the EU, but it does not work there either because the rental vehicle is not registered to my account.

stephos 02-15-2019 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by JDPEClassUK (Post 7681739)
Confusion reigns because in UK the latest app (for all cars inc 2019) is just called Mercedes Me.

I remember the day when I brought my new car home and wanted to install the app on my phone. After everything I had read on this forum, I knew that I would be looking for Mercedes Me Connect, not Mercedes Me.

Imagine my horror when I couldn't even find it on the Play Store - I did not want to be installing the wrong app. It took a call to Mercedes Me support to assure me that in the UK, the app we have/use is just called Mercedes Me.

Overall I'm happy with the app and it's never given me any problems (hopefully doesn't start now). Do I wish it could do more? Absolutely! But, it's a hell of a lot better than the BMW app I was used to.

Egonvdv 02-19-2019 05:38 AM

Well… this doesn't help me much, cos

- predective navigation, still hasn't been solved
- they olny confirmed that the POI feature has indeed been cancelled on the website
- they actually confirm that the website gives all features for all countries, rather than specifically for ones car (confusing)
- and no mention about the sh*tty connection in general

Thank you for your feedback,First of all, the case regarding the predictive navigation issue you have mentionned (1-......) has been answered and detailled for you, please don't hesitate to contact us back if the solution is unclear or ton contact your retailer if you need a live demonstration.The case regarding the POI app (1-205...…..) has been also closed after the solution provided by our agent.If your vehicle is sending wrong doors' information, we have the possibility to create a case and send it to Stuttgart to lead further investigation, this type of issue can be solved quite quickly and can result from a communication issue between your vehicle and your application.The Mercedes me website indeed displays all the services currently live, some of them are available only in Germany and others in Europe. Since the Mercedes me website supports many countries, some services availabilites are not updated specifically by country.The Mercedes me website and application are in constant evolution and regulary offers new updates to facilitate the access and correct some reported issues.Thank you for your opinion regarding the Mercedes me features, In order to constantly improve the service provided to our customer, your opinion and idea are very welcome.

Best regards,

Nicolas Bour
Mercedes me connect Support

Originally Posted by Egonvdv (Post 7680519)
Well i finally had some spare time …

Sent to 'mercedes_me_connect@cac.mercedes-benz.com'

Good day

I've had my car for 1.5 years now I must say I am very underwhelmed by the "connected" side of it.
Both the Mercedes me website & the phone app have too many problems.

I also find that, when I send emails to Mercedes regarding issues I have, they reply very quick at first...
but when the problem does not get solved, and Mercedes no longer knows what to do, they stop replying altogether!

Here below is a list of things that are not working or not working properly.
(Please note that I'm not the only customer who experiences these issues, so they can not be classified as "isolated cases")

1- the Mercedes me website is very slow

2 - the app sometimes shows doors or windows are open when they are not.

3 - the app sends messages that doors are open when they are closed.
(this happens when you open the car & then lock again without driving it)

4 - on the mercedes me website there's info about services that do not (yet) exist.
example: alexa & google voice control are explained, and the service is there to activate, yet it is not yet available in France/Europe -
this is confusing.

5 - predictive navigation is explained on the website and one can activate the service, yet it does not (yet) exist / work
( after a long discussion : ref CMS zzzzzzzzzz, they simple stopped replying...)

6 - the POI app in the car has become useless, because it's no longer possible to send addresses there from the mercedes website.
The service was deleted from the site, yet it is still mentioned & explained.
(i had a long discussion under ref CMS xxxxx- but they stopped answering, presumably because they couldn't figure it out)

7- when sending an address directly from the phone app to the car's gps, it very often does not arrive at all

(please note no 6 & 7 are 2 different methods of sending addresses!)

8- TuneIn can not play a lot of radio stations (which CAN be played directly on the TuneIn website or TuneIn app on phone)

9 - automatic downloads in car not working. It did it once (in 1.5 years) and then got stuck for weeks, so in the end had to do it manually

I'm just glad that your cars are not built like your website/app, cos it feels like the "connected" thing is just a BETA version thrown in for free!

Also the fact that you just stop replying to me when you can't find a solution, is quite scandalous to be honest...

I shall be pleased to hear ASAP

Regards
Egon

So all will be solved soon…………………………………………………………………………….. lol

mgardner23665 03-22-2019 05:43 PM

UPDATE !!!! After three months the app is now working !!!!! The issue was finally upgraded and miraculously the app disappeared from my iPhone for a week or so and then it randomly appeared again and works !!!! Very interesting needless to say ....

stephos 03-25-2019 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by mgardner23665 (Post 7712415)
UPDATE !!!! After three months the app is now working !!!!! The issue was finally upgraded and miraculously the app disappeared from my iPhone for a week or so and then it randomly appeared again and works !!!! Very interesting needless to say ....

That's really weird but the main thing is, it's working now :D

rustybear3 03-25-2019 12:46 PM

...Until the April 12th update :eek:

rustybear3 03-25-2019 01:05 PM

pre entry climate control

By the way, we know about auto pilot not being available in the US, but do any of you have the pre entry climate control they talk about on the ME connect website? Do any of you outside the US have this? What does it do...maybe part of the April update??

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...e4f7a18398.png

ua549 03-25-2019 01:47 PM

I just use remote start and the climate control resumes at the same settings as when you last exited the car.

Haag 03-25-2019 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by rustybear3 (Post 7714676)
By the way, we know about auto pilot not being available in the US, but do any of you have the pre entry climate control they talk about on the ME connect website? Do any of you outside the US have this? What does it do...

Yes I have it, it's an option. It is a separate heating/ventilating system that warms up the car in winter and ventilates it in summer without the enigine running. You can activate it with a timer, with a remote control or with the app. Especially the heating function is great with low outside temperatures. After pre-heating the car is nice and warm and all windows are free of ice.

rustybear3 03-25-2019 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Haag (Post 7714831)
Yes I have it, it's an option. It is a separate heating/ventilating system that warms up the car in winter and ventilates it in summer without the enigine running. You can activate it with a timer, with a remote control or with the app. Especially the heating function is great with low outside temperatures. After pre-heating the car is nice and warm and all windows are free of ice.

Wow, that's pretty nice. All that without starting your car. Would be nice to have in the US.

petee1997 03-25-2019 05:55 PM

If you don't start the car, where is the heat coming from? Does your car have an electric heater?

Slugsy 03-25-2019 05:55 PM

Not available in the UK, it’s really annoying

Haag 03-25-2019 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by petee1997 (Post 7714976)
If you don't start the car, where is the heat coming from? Does your car have an electric heater?

It's a seperate heating system that runs on petrol.

petee1997 03-25-2019 06:47 PM

That option is not available in Canada. As a matter of fact, I've never heard of it before. Strange that this option is not offered here, since our Winters are colder than a hooker's heart.

Haag 03-25-2019 06:50 PM

Yes, that is strange. Maybe legal reasons?

petee1997 03-26-2019 12:40 PM

It may be because cars cannot be left idling in Europe.

stephos 03-27-2019 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by petee1997 (Post 7715025)
Strange that this option is not offered here, since our Winters are colder than a hooker's heart.

:rolf:

Egonvdv 03-27-2019 11:52 AM

it's been 3 months and still no news on the predictive navigations. "it's under investigation at stuttgard"

same goes for internet radio. apparently nobody at mercedes is aware of the change from HTTP to HTTPS - and again "the engineers at stuttgard are working on the case".

the people that reply to the mails are incompetent and only work with a scenario . their knowledge doesn't go much further than "have you tried to turn it off & on again",
yet you have to keep replying to their useless questions before they actually send the file to stuttgard.. (if that even really is a thing….)

and before it does go to stuttgard, you have to send several reminders because it seems when they don't have an answer anymore they just stop replying all together.

i'm also extremely pissed off that they just cancel certain services that came with the car. basically this is taking away an option that i've paid for….

end rant

Egonvdv 04-01-2019 07:25 AM

they finally confirmed that predictive navigation is not possible with my car, as it does not have the right components. (seems only the 2019 models?.)
so i wonder why the feature is mentioned at all on my mercedes me website where i can activate it….