MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W213) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213-208/)
-   -   Turbo whoosh sound (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213/729364-turbo-whoosh-sound.html)

suby01 12-05-2018 11:00 PM

Turbo whoosh sound

Is there a way to increase the turbo spool sound in the E300? I did not find any BOV options or Im not sure what if anything is out there?

rbrylaw 12-06-2018 09:41 AM

Why would you want to do this?

suby01 12-06-2018 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7622449)
Why would you want to do this?

Why do people do anything?. Because they want to.
Thanks for your commentary anyway.

rbrylaw 12-06-2018 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by suby01 (Post 7622945)
Why do people do anything?. Because they want to.
Thanks for your commentary anyway.

I didn't offer commentary. I was genuinely interested in why. Having been around this forum for a long time, I don't recall anyone asking how to increase the Turbo Boost sound. I'm not even sure I know what the turbo sound sounds like anyway.

suby01 12-06-2018 07:11 PM

Good thing there is the google to the rescue.
bk

I see what you mean, as nobody has been asking for it. I noticed that most Mercedes modifications are typically being discussed on the AMG forums here. The E class W213 forum side is very limited to any performance modification discussions, to pretty much a minimum unfortunately. Myself being a avid car enthusiast, I do not prefer the quietness and refinement of the MB cabin. With already having my car dyno tuned and the blow off valve BOV is something that would add a some sporty sound and feel in my opinion. But apparently nobody here discusses any performance modifications at all as I scrolled through countless pages of the W213 forums.

rbrylaw 12-06-2018 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by suby01 (Post 7622956)
Good thing there is the google to the rescue.
bk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOIhLFT2qO0

I see what you mean, as nobody has been asking for it. I noticed that most Mercedes modifications are typically being discussed on the AMG forums here. The E class W213 forum side is very limited to any performance modification discussions, to pretty much a minimum unfortunately. Myself being a avid car enthusiast, I do not prefer the quietness and refinement of the MB cabin. With already having my car dyno tuned and the blow off valve BOV is something that would add a some sporty sound and feel in my opinion. But apparently nobody here discusses any performance modifications at all as I scrolled through countless pages of the W213 forums.

The AMG forums is where you'll likely find more aftermarket things for performance and sound. Thanks for the video. And your assertion that most on the 213 forum are not for the vast majority modder's is right. I think on this side, we're more into the refinement, safety and features of our cars.

Ps: I would personally find that extra whoosh (sounds sort of like a whip burst) incredibly annoying. But good for you if it's something you want to do to your car.

2012 merc amg 12-06-2018 11:20 PM

I find this discussion highly illogical :)

rbrylaw 12-06-2018 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7623113)
I find this discussion highly illogical :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C70QRbawN8

It's certainly a different language than we typically speak around these parts. NaNu NaNu!

teksurv 12-07-2018 09:32 AM

Best I can offer is that with my E400 in Sport Plus mode and windows down, I can hear the turbos spooling in heavy acceleration. But, you're right, this community is more about refinement than sportiness. By comparison Audizine.com WRT A/S/RS6 is much more about performance.

2012 merc amg 12-07-2018 10:28 AM

If you free up the exhaust you will hear the turbos more.

ItalianJoe1 12-07-2018 12:27 PM

An intake will increase the amount of turbo sounds you hear, I have seen cold air intake kits on C300's and they are pretty noticeable. You could most likely modify one to fit the 213 as the engine is the same and the tubing is very similar, but I doubt you will find something readily available, as it's just not the right market for modding sadly.

Tom T 12-07-2018 06:47 PM

Should sell the Mercedes and buy the rice rocket

suby01 01-06-2019 12:33 AM

For anyone actually interested that may stumble upon this post in the future I found the solution to what I was looking for, the company is Weistec and they offer the Anti Surge Valve which will create the blow off valve sound or the "whoosh" sound every time you let off the gas.
I do not have any intentions of buying a rice rocket or accepting those type of comments. I joined this forum to gain knowledge and share knowledge about the W213. Not to hear about how someone finds the whip burst sound incredibly annoying. If I wanted to hear about how modifying a car in any way shape or form is wrong with someone elses taste Id talk to my father.
Sadly when asking a question on a world wide forum mbWORLD, Id assume it was an all inclusive bunch of car enthusiasts, whether someone is looking for suggestions on car parts or just wants to show off how clean their floor mats are. Nonetheless the W213 is what brought me here, to join others in sharing how much I really enjoy my MB. Now I must go ,there are kids on my lawn that I need to shake my fist at.

CarFan1 01-06-2019 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by suby01 (Post 7646915)
Now I must go ,there are kids on my lawn that I need to shake my fist at.

Lol

rbrylaw 01-06-2019 10:02 AM

I'm glad you found the solution you sought. Sorry if you felt people were being judgmental. Some of us may not have understood why you wanted to emphasize the turbo boost sound (I was one who asked why?), and maybe we had a little fun at your expense. But you're right, you have every right to ask the question and seek what you want. You shouldn't be surprised to find a portion of the audience who don't necessarily share your view or desire. That too is the nature of forums. Still glad you found it and I hope those pesky kids got far from your yard. Kids these days, right? LOL

stephos 01-07-2019 07:26 AM

For anyone actually interested that may stumble upon this post in the future I found the solution to what I was looking for, the company is Weistec and they offer the Anti Surge Valve which will create the blow off valve sound or the "whoosh" sound every time you let off the gas.
I do not have any intentions of buying a rice rocket or accepting those type of comments. I joined this forum to gain knowledge and share knowledge about the W213. Not to hear about how someone finds the whip burst sound incredibly annoying. If I wanted to hear about how modifying a car in any way shape or form is wrong with someone elses taste Id talk to my father.
Sadly when asking a question on a world wide forum mbWORLD, Id assume it was an all inclusive bunch of car enthusiasts, whether someone is looking for suggestions on car parts or just wants to show off how clean their floor mats are. Nonetheless the W213 is what brought me here, to join others in sharing how much I really enjoy my MB. Now I must go ,there are kids on my lawn that I need to shake my fist at.

Thanks for taking the time to come back and post the solution you found. It's really helpful for others, both now and in the future.

I'm saddened to hear how you felt and hope it doesn't discourage you from posting your question & thoughts again.

gfmohn 01-08-2019 05:54 PM

It's over

In a few years, the general public will realize that the sound of a performance car is ... SILENCE! Every internal combustion sound will simply signal SLOW, an entry-level vehicle. Presently, an old lady in a Tesla family sedan can smoke every AMG model, with a 0-60 mph time of 2.5 seconds. MB and the others will equal that, of course. But right now, Tesla is working on a roadster with a 0-60 mph time of 1.9 seconds. What is the point of anything faster?

ItalianJoe1 01-08-2019 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by gfmohn (Post 7649203)
In a few years, the general public will realize that the sound of a performance car is ... SILENCE! Every internal combustion sound will simply signal SLOW, an entry-level vehicle. Presently, an old lady in a Tesla family sedan can smoke every AMG model, with a 0-60 mph time of 2.5 seconds, MB and the others will equal that, of course. But right now, Tesla is working on a roadster with a 0-60 mph time of 1.9 seconds. What is the point of anything faster?

To a non-enthusiast, maybe. To anyone who truly loves and enjoys cars, the sound is part of the fun. There is a certain connection to the car formed by the sounds it makes, good or bad, and electric cars just sound boring.

I do enjoy the smooth and quiet nature of my CL, it's fun having 600hp without being loud, but by the same token, the beautiful sound of the exhaust at fast idle during warm up, the tone of the starter and cranking, all the little things that are special to the V12, makes it awesome. If it was just as powerful and electric, I wouldn't like it nearly as much.

gfmohn 01-08-2019 08:39 PM

You can't enjoy that

Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1 (Post 7649288)
To a non-enthusiast, maybe. To anyone who truly loves and enjoys cars, the sound is part of the fun. There is a certain connection to the car formed by the sounds it makes, good or bad, and electric cars just sound boring.

I do enjoy the smooth and quiet nature of my CL, it's fun having 600hp without being loud, but by the same token, the beautiful sound of the exhaust at fast idle during warm up, the tone of the starter and cranking, all the little things that are special to the V12, makes it awesome. If it was just as powerful and electric, I wouldn't like it nearly as much.

I agree with you (although it's hard to get very excited about a turbocharged 2 liter four). But the SJWs who see themselves as saviors of the planet are counting on the autonomous, electric "personal mobility module" (SUV) to end "the American addiction to automobiles."

stephos 01-09-2019 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1 (Post 7649288)

Totally agree with this.

I was once seduced by the performance figures of a diesel (massive torque coupled with great fuel consumption) and while it did have lots of pulling power, I never loved that car. Mostly because I hated the way it sounded.

At a cruise it was fine but under acceleration... or even on a cold start... absolutely terrible.

tarsands 01-10-2019 12:26 PM

When I bought my 2012 e63 my brother asked me if I had already damaged the muffler . Each to his own.

redteam22003 01-14-2022 02:29 PM

Thanks. It is actually what I was searching for too. A blow off valve for my E without adding other junks that I nether want nor need.

There are always douchebags or grammar polices on all forums posting why some people arent douchebags and doing/liking the same things as them.

suby01 01-17-2022 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by redteam22003 (Post 8492749)
Thanks. It is actually what I was searching for too. A blow off valve for my E without adding other junks that I nether want nor need.

There are always douchebags or grammar polices on all forums posting why some people arent douchebags and doing/liking the same things as them.

I am selling my VTA kit. Going bigger turbo so I will no longer need it. If you would be interested. PM me.