MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W213) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213-208/)
-   -   3D Burmeister Speakers (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213/732394-3d-burmeister-speakers.html)

S63AMG888 01-09-2019 01:43 AM

3D Burmeister Speakers

I have a group buy opportunity for the W213 E class owners for these awesome 64 colors Burmeister 3D speaker sets. $950 plus shipping for the entire set. First 10 buyers can lock the deal. Two weeks lead time once the first 10 buyers locks in. PM me if your interested. Thank you.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...6ea5b5b53.jpeg

nycebo 01-09-2019 10:04 AM

OEM?

S63AMG888 01-09-2019 10:51 AM

Yes, OEM specs.

chasesunny 01-09-2019 11:47 AM

The 3D system also requires a bigger amp. Does it include this along with the new harness. If yes, count me in for that price :)

nycebo 01-09-2019 12:18 PM

The only reason I asked is that some of the 3D speakers with the LED lighting experienced a curious behavior whereby they would flick from color to color rather than transition smoothly from color to color. Also, a couple of threads herein talked about them failing after a couple months. So, while I might be keen to get them if they are OEM, I'm not so sure if they are Chinese knock-offs.

superangrypenguin 01-09-2019 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by S63AMG888 (Post 7649778)
Yes, OEM specs.

Not to be a troll (:)) but OEM specs and OEM are two different things!

That said it looks like there are two overhead speakers, over and above the big center one. That appears to be from a post FL W222 then?

Please note that on the E's highest end Burmester system there is only 1 overhead speaker.

chasesunny 01-09-2019 12:49 PM

Parts required can be seen here.

S63AMG888 01-10-2019 10:31 PM

OEM specs meaning it was manufactured under OEM specs. The manufacturer that manufactured these are one of many vendors Mercedes uses throughout Taiwan and China for none critical parts not like engine and transmission. And some manufacturers sells these parts as OEM specs as oppose to OEM Mercedes because Mercedes can’t meet the demands the factory needs to make any profit or even break even on the tooling that hits from the hundreds of thousands to millions so are force to sell it under OEM specs.

The package that is offered is not the entire 3D Burmeister Sound system offered as an option on Mercedes website simply because people just don’t want to be replacing speakers for example underneath the dash on both sides as replacement of the exact same speakers. People are looking for added appearance replacement such as the rotating 3D speakers from the A pillar or dome speakers that adds both sound, appearance and lighting to the atmosphere just as the 64 colors ambient lighting of the LED that runs throughout the interior.

Hope this helps.

S63AMG888 01-10-2019 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by chasesunny (Post 7649882)
Parts required can be seen here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDc1bkgEinY

That is not a complete set of the sound system. For 1 it’s missing the 3D rotating A pillar speakers.

chasesunny 01-10-2019 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by S63AMG888 (Post 7651205)
OEM specs meaning it was manufactured under OEM specs. The manufacturer that manufactured these are one of many vendors Mercedes uses throughout Taiwan and China for none critical parts not like engine and transmission. And some manufacturers sells these parts as OEM specs as oppose to OEM Mercedes because Mercedes can’t meet the demands the factory needs to make any profit or even break even on the tooling that hits from the hundreds of thousands to millions so are force to sell it under OEM specs.

The package that is offered is not the entire 3D Burmeister Sound system offered as an option on Mercedes website simply because people just don’t want to be replacing speakers for example underneath the dash on both sides as replacement of the exact same speakers. People are looking for added appearance replacement such as the rotating 3D speakers from the A pillar or dome speakers that adds both sound, appearance and lighting to the atmosphere just as the 64 colors ambient lighting of the LED that runs throughout the interior.

Hope this helps.

That is true. I might actually have a hard time installing some of these. If you have semi decent install instructions, sign me up.

vic viper 01-11-2019 02:58 AM

Until I see a OE packaging I call BS, Mercedes doesnt use any random chinese supplier due to high demand.
A genuine OE Burmester grill also has a black plastic locking base, the one pictured above has not.

grossmsj 01-11-2019 07:24 PM

It seems you are being pretty transparent about what this is. It's just a set of some speakers that are close to what gets put into the 3D Burmester. But even if they were the identical speakers, you are not going to get the sound right. The 3D system has something like 25 different amplifier channels and a digital signal processing system tailored to each speaker. So if you have a regular Burmester system, for example, I don't see how it will be able to send signals to these new speakers and even if it did I would expect pretty significant sound differences. The rotatable speaker in the 3D system is a very different design than the regular A-pillar 'non 3D Burmester' speaker, so how it needs to be driven will be different than how the Burmester system drives the non 3D speaker.

Some people don't care much about any of this, and that's okay. But I think the buyer should know exactly what they are getting into. You'll get visual aesthetics and after that it's anyone's guess how it will sound.

rbrylaw 01-12-2019 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by grossmsj (Post 7651876)
It seems you are being pretty transparent about what this is. It's just a set of some speakers that are close to what gets put into the 3D Burmester. But even if they were the identical speakers, you are not going to get the sound right. The 3D system has something like 25 different amplifier channels and a digital signal processing system tailored to each speaker. So if you have a regular Burmester system, for example, I don't see how it will be able to send signals to these new speakers and even if it did I would expect pretty significant sound differences. The rotatable speaker in the 3D system is a very different design than the regular A-pillar 'non 3D Burmester' speaker, so how it needs to be driven will be different than how the Burmester system drives the non 3D speaker.

Some people don't care much about any of this, and that's okay. But I think the buyer should know exactly what they are getting into. You'll get visual aesthetics and after that it's anyone's guess how it will sound.

Completely agree with your assessment. Buyer beware. Even for half what the OP is asking, I wouldn't waste my money. These won't bring the 3D sound to your car without the extra amplifiers. There's a reason the 3D system costs thousands of dollars and it isn't just speakers.

S63AMG888 01-13-2019 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by chasesunny (Post 7651224)
That is true. I might actually have a hard time installing some of these. If you have semi decent install instructions, sign me up.

Yes, it does come with install instructions and there are plenty of YouTube videos of the install. Please PM if you want to sign up the group buy. There are 2 so far on the list. Thanks.