MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W213) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213-208/)
-   -   Second guessing mercedes E200 order (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213/733575-second-guessing-mercedes-e200-order.html)

mercedes.fan 01-21-2019 04:13 PM

Second guessing mercedes E200 order

I live in Sweden and have ordered a mercedes e200 sedan nicely optioned that is to be delivered in mars. I got a great deal thanks to company discounts as I am buying it through my company, mercedes are giving huge rebates to corporations in Sweden. But after reading about a facelift coming relatively soon im starting to second guess. Is the facelift such a significant improvement that it is worth cancelling the order and pay the fee? Or is it wiser to just take delivery and be happy? New to mercedes cars so I am a little lost, thankful for any help.

Additionally, was not getting apple carplay a mistake? I didnt feel like I needed the features it presented but everyone is raging about how awesome it is, for me answering calls and listening to music through the infotainment is all I want

mister__p 01-21-2019 08:23 PM

The fact is that whenever you buy a car, there will always be a facelift or some other improvement around the corner. Ask yourself the below questions. If most answers are YES, then wait

Do you think the W213 could look a lot better?
Do you love the look of the new facelift?
Will you kick yourself and live with regret for the rest of your life if purchase the 2019 but end up loving the look of the 2020 facelift?
Is postponing the purchase ok for you financially?
Is there a new function coming in 2020 which you must have?
Do you already have a car to use?
Do you plan to keep the car more than 3 years?

I loved and still love the 2019 look and ordered one but there are a few things I wish they improved like the touch pad, adding a touchscreen but these are all very minor. It's a lovely car

In the 2020 E200, will the engine power be increased?.

Re: Car Play - I don't have it either nor do I miss it. When I drive, I drive and don't like distractions

mercedes.fan 01-22-2019 04:33 AM

My current car will be sold within the week so yes I will be in need of a car. I do like the look of the current one but I am afraid that the facelift will be very comprehensive like the w212 making it a significantly better car. For 2020 the e200 will be a 1.5 l inline 4 with the same power which is horrible... But I think I will stick with my order, I got the big dual screens so it wont look outdated atleast. Thanks for the help

petee1997 01-22-2019 11:41 AM

Usually the facelift model has only minor changes. It may be worth waiting if you were buying the E450 because the 2020 model will have the new I-6 with EQ boost. The 2020 model will also have touch screen and wireless Apple Car Play. Those are nice features but not deal breakers. The body should should remain the same.

mercedes.fan 01-22-2019 05:49 PM

Saw an article with more detail about the facelift which seem to be kind off minor so Im more fine with my order. Honestly I am not a fan of the cls/gle styling the fl w213 will adopt. But has anyone had first hand experience with mbux and can compare it with the current system? Seems to mostly be a redisgned smoother interface.

Additionally, what is the main difference between the audio 20 with navigation optioned witht the touchpd and comand online?

sorry for asking many unrelated questions

Alan0354 01-23-2019 02:24 AM

Good luck with yours as I don't have luck. We had an older E320, it was perfect for a long time. I still have the 2014ML350, it's perfect. Our 2018 E300 is a DOG. If you are interested, read this. Mercedes is NOT going to fix it, we just contacted BBB and going to contact tv stations.

All the computer control is NOT a good thing. This is only the one we cannot live with, it does funny things from not able to lock the car and all light stayed on, to loosing control of the volume control of the radio. Those happened once each and cannot be repeated. I regret buying this car. I should have got the 2016 E350 that was the same generation with my ML. it's simpler and no problem. When you have all the fancy touch pad and control, things just happen.

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...on-itself.html

AhEmGee 01-23-2019 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by petee1997 (Post 7660818)
Usually the facelift model has only minor changes. It may be worth waiting if you were buying the E450 because the 2020 model will have the new I-6 with EQ boost. The 2020 model will also have touch screen and wireless Apple Car Play. Those are nice features but not deal breakers. The body should should remain the same.

In Europe the E450 and S450 already have the new I6 with EQ boost.
The Old V6 is now only used in the 43 AMG badge variants, in the C, GLC , SLC etc.

rbrylaw 01-23-2019 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Akash S (Post 7661561)
In Europe the E450 and S450 already have the new I6 with EQ boost.
The Old V6 is now only used in the 43 AMG badge variants, in the C, GLC , SLC etc.

Are you absolutely certain the E450 in Europe already has moved to the inline 6? Nobody else here has said they have one for the 2019 model year.

ua549 01-23-2019 03:12 PM

I just checked the UK and DE websites. Neither site has the i6.

rbrylaw 01-23-2019 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by ua549 (Post 7662077)
I just checked the UK and DE websites. Neither site has the i6.

Of course they don't because Mercedes is not using the new I6 in the E450 anywhere yet.

AhEmGee 01-23-2019 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7662009)
Are you absolutely certain the E450 in Europe already has moved to the inline 6? Nobody else here has said they have one for the 2019 model year.

my mistake it appears not, it's only the 53 AMGs and S500 that have it, and the CLS450.
I read an article on the new E Class engines and they've obviously got it wrong, but have checked the MB website now.
The E450 here still has the V6 as does S450 4 Matic.

As mentioned CLS450 has the new I6 with EQboost, except it lacks the electric compressor of the 53 AMG version. That's why I got confused, I mean why use the new in line 6 in the CLS but not almost identical E Class?!

Is that the same as the US?

rbrylaw 01-23-2019 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Akash S (Post 7662123)
my mistake it appears not, it's only the 53 AMGs and S500 that have it, and the CLS450.
I read an article on the new E Class engines and they've obviously got it wrong, but have checked the MB website now.
The E450 here still has the V6 as does S450 4 Matic.

As mentioned CLS450 has the new I6 with EQboost, except it lacks the electric compressor of the 53 AMG version. That's why I got confused, I mean why use the new in line 6 in the CLS but not almost identical E Class?!

Is that the same as the US?

Well, the CLS was ready and primed for it's mid-cycle refresh whereas the E Class was not. Just like the C300 got a refresh this year, while the GLC300 did not. Now the C300 has more HP than the GLC300, which is a shame as the GLC weighs a bit more than the C. We'll see the refresh with the E next year.