MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W213) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213-208/)
-   -   Is Mercedes Me down? (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213/735391-mercedes-me-down.html)

sackboydad 02-08-2019 10:08 PM

Is Mercedes Me down?

anybody having issues with Mercedes Me?

Mine has been working perfectly since I got the car last September. Tonight I’m getting a mix of the app saying it can’t connect to it says I don’t own a car and showing me ads for A-Class

i tried the web version and it also says it can’t connect

rbrylaw 02-08-2019 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by sackboydad (Post 7676760)

Mine has been working perfectly since I got the car last September. Tonight I’m getting a mix of the app saying it can’t connect to it says I don’t own a car and showing me ads for A-Class

It's not working for me either. I guess it took the night off.

Cao Black 02-08-2019 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by sackboydad (Post 7676760)

Seems to be working here on the Left Coast.

rbrylaw 02-08-2019 11:38 PM

Not on the Right Coast. Neither the app, nor web version are up here.

menchaman 02-09-2019 01:05 AM

Not working in the heartland either tonight. It definitely would have come in handy leaving a dinner party at -20°. Everyone else's car started just fine with remote start but of course they don't drive MB. Best or Nothing...looks like a freezing Nothing tonight.

nycebo 02-09-2019 04:56 AM

Down in New York

rustybear3 02-09-2019 05:03 AM

The address sending function not working in Ohio.

Recent update didn't help.

sackboydad 02-09-2019 06:55 AM

Back up for me in DC this morning

rbrylaw 02-09-2019 08:54 AM

Me Connect woke up in Florida, this morning.

Helmar 02-09-2019 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by rbrylaw (Post 7676973)
Me Connect woke up in Florida, this morning.

What am I missing here?

Why are posters thinking that this is a location dependent issue?

The phone part is either cellular or Wi-Fi and the car part is strictly cellular.

If either does’t have adequate signal, then it won’t work.

Could that be a major component of the issues?

HBH

rbrylaw 02-09-2019 11:38 AM

The reason we're speaking of availability by geography is one member posted last night that while we on the east coast couldn't access the App, they were on the west coast and it was accessible to them. I don't believe this outage had anything to do with cellular or Wifi signal as many of us were affected.

Helmar 02-09-2019 12:45 PM

As a software developer, I’m trying to understand how the same software would behave differently in different locations.....Having said that, I have to admit that I’ve never written any software that is location aware, as are both the phone app and the car app....

in any event, I’m about to place my order for an E450 for mid July delivery and I’m hoping this issue is resolved by then.....

HBH

ua549 02-09-2019 01:02 PM

As a networking guy, there are many cellular connectivity issues that can affect one region and not another. Partial network outages are very common in the US.

Helmar 02-09-2019 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by ua549 (Post 7677157)
As a networking guy, there are many cellular connectivity issues that can affect one region and not another. Partial network outages are very common in the US.

Sorry to belabor the issue, but that would seem to point back to my original thought, that this was a networking issue (cellular/Wi-Fi) rather than a software issue....

HBH

ua549 02-09-2019 01:14 PM

With location based software it is difficult for a user to tell where a failure may occur.

menchaman 02-09-2019 01:15 PM

TOTALLY WORTH IT!

I can confirm that as of the outage last night and the subsequent restart of the service the AC/heating and seat heating will start at the last setting with the remote APP start of vehicle! Finally the remote start has full functionality on 2018 E400 coupe!

guhvies 02-09-2019 01:39 PM

So as a software developer, can I ask whether you had to update MercedesMe or any such app? And also as a software engineer, it looks like MB is doing incremental updates to you car HURRAH!
Now if only they could put a bit more into their websites...

rustybear3 02-09-2019 10:06 PM

Everything but "address" sending is working in Ohio...same on my wife's app. Thinking more that this is car command problem. It used to work perfectly. Does anyone know if one can do a COMMAND reset without losing all personal info and contacts? I know the have a system reset which turns back to factory defaults; but it erases everything...I just need a reboot.

ardenne90 02-09-2019 10:26 PM

As a software developer of 25 years, it is not unusual to have dedicated servers servicing specific regions of the country. So if a data center is down in one region and the Mercedes Me infrastructure does not have failover or contingency servers built into its operations, then outage would be region specific. Not having this kind of resiliency built into their Me infrastructure would be IT malpractice at its worst. But given the poor quality of the Mercedes Me app, I would not be surprised if this is the case. Just my 2 cents...

Tirgoman 02-09-2019 11:03 PM

It's had some issues but at least tonight I got a notice that my 2019 C43 Sedan was unlocked, actually remembered I had rushed and not locked it, opened app and it showed unlocked, clicked lock and took a second a changed to locked, so it's working for me right now. Interesting is my car is 2 floors underground in a garage and cell service is marginal at best.

David Bogle 10-31-2019 09:40 AM

Oct 31, 2019
i have not been able to login to my Mercedes Me for 24 hours now... really an issue if i use it for remote unlock

Tirgoman 10-31-2019 10:09 AM

Mine is always available. Don't remember but maybe there was a check box "remember me". App just loads and I'm in.

DFWdude 10-31-2019 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by David Bogle (Post 7891160)
Oct 31, 2019
i have not been able to login to my Mercedes Me for 24 hours now... really an issue if i use it for remote unlock

Login works fine for me just now...

David Bogle 10-31-2019 10:28 AM

maybe it is regional issues (even though i am only in Austin, so close to Dallas). i just called Mercedes and they said system is down for them and has been all day yesterday also. NO ETA when it will be fixed.

balthus 11-01-2019 09:12 AM

I can log in but was slow very slow but I was able to locate my vehicle. I am in Texas as well.