MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W213) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213-208/)
-   -   Super fast heat (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213/736603-super-fast-heat.html)

West_Coaster 02-21-2019 07:54 PM

Super fast heat

I have noticed when I get in my car after work and the outside temp is chilly, the car produces heat within seconds of starting the engine. Between the heated seat and the heater, my car is usually warm inside before I exit the parking lot.

Makes we wonder if there is electric heat prior to the engine warming up? No way the engine water can warm up that fast.

nas2344 02-22-2019 05:34 AM

Yeah I’ve noticed this too, I’ve got the warmth and comfort package. It’s definitely warms up quicker then the engine! I live in the bitter cold Connecticut also.

nycebo 02-22-2019 08:21 AM

Damn it! I knew I should have gotten that package. My car takes 10 minutes to get cozy. And recent winter in NYC has made it well noticeable.

Lanzz 02-22-2019 09:02 AM

Engine heat and seat heat are way faster than other cards I have owned.

Even without warmth and comfort package, this is the most comfortable car I've owned in cold weather.

suby01 02-22-2019 09:57 AM

I have noticed that the heat "air" gets hot a lot quicker with it being set to Auto while the engine is not up to full temperature as opposed to turning it to whatever fan position manually. CT driver here as well. :hay:

joshg1001 02-22-2019 12:07 PM

Ive noticed this too. Air gets hot quick, and while I dont find my rapid heating seats that fast compared to other cars I have owned, it is faster than the C class my sister has which doesn't have rapid heating function. heated steering wheel also comes on pretty quick but I dont find the temperature hot enough.

nycebo 02-22-2019 01:30 PM

Do you all park in garages or outside? I'm presently in the latter camp while awaiting the completion of my renovation. It is NOT a fast heater from 32 degrees F (0 degrees C). The seat heater, otoh, is adequate.

West_Coaster 02-22-2019 03:25 PM

Outside at work for me.

ua549 02-22-2019 05:34 PM

Today the A/C cooled the interior quickly from 85° to 70°. I've never used heat.

2012 merc amg 02-22-2019 05:43 PM

Being in Florida I have the heater delete package and the max cool a/c package :)

joshg1001 02-23-2019 12:53 AM

yeah I am garage kept, and inside the garage is around 55 degrees in the morning versus mid 40s outside, benefits of being in California.

CarFan1 02-23-2019 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by ua549 (Post 7688572)
Today the A/C cooled the interior quickly from 85° to 70°. I've never used heat.

Insert envy quote here!

Helmar 02-23-2019 11:48 AM

I live in Maine.

Quick heating when it's -3 would be MOST welcome!

Especially if I'm able to pre-start and pre-heat the car from my cell phone.

HBH

Tirgoman 02-23-2019 11:58 AM

There is no electric heater in the vehicles unless you get an electric block heater and that you'd know about because you'd be plugging it into an outlet. As for it heating up quickly, I have a 2019 C43 Sedan and by the time I'm out of the parking spot there is heat coming out. Someone said it earlier, leave it in Auto with a Desired Temp set, that way the fan starts out slow and as the heat builds up it speeds up. If you put in Hi then the fan outdoes the amount of heat and it can feel cold. Also in Auto it will decide that you want heat and blow it out the lower vents instead of at your face and body. A little bit of hot air blowing almost immediately goes a long way.

West_Coaster 02-23-2019 06:01 PM

If it's not electric, how is the car producing heat when the water and ambient temp is in the 40-50's? Maybe the car routes a small amount of water through exhaust manifold water jackets and into the heater core?

MB didn't just get lucky with fast heating inside the cabin.

Tirgoman 02-23-2019 06:50 PM

Sort of a byproduct of the Feds and clean air, to keep emissions down the engine is tuned to get 'hot' asap and yes, they basically heat up a small circuit of coolant around the engine and it's routed through the heater core. Engines produce a lot of heat and by waiting until the computer tells it water does not route through the cooling system and waiting for the thermostat to do it's thing. I'm not saying it's "instant" but it's pretty damn quick. Kind of like boiling a little water in a small pot rather than a large pot of water. So a cleaner engine equals a faster heater, ha ha

Tirgoman 02-23-2019 06:58 PM

Here's what MB says about the Warmth and Comfort package:
"The favorite E300 feature for cold-hating drivers everywhere will be the Warmth and Comfort package. Rather than heating just the seats and steering wheel rim, it warms the armrests, center console and just about every touch surface within the driver’s reach."
So it has elec heaters stuck under the above mentioned spaces similar to the heated wheel and seats, just more of them, interesting concept and another option to sell. Seems a lot better and useful option than the air perfume thing they option.

=left