MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W213) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213-208/)
-   -   Getting rid of beeping from proximity sensors when going through car wash? (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213/737892-getting-rid-beeping-proximity-sensors-when-going-through-car-wash.html)

2012 merc amg 03-06-2019 09:56 PM

Getting rid of beeping from proximity sensors when going through car wash?

I wash my wagon quite a bit with a paid month plan, lots of bugs here in Florida with all the driving I do. When I ride through the car wash the beeping goes crazy and the red leds come up on the screen surround the car picture. Anyone know of a way to mute this out. I tried hitting in the volume control mute, it does nothing. Maybe I'll just have to disable it in the assistance menu screen each time before I go though the car wash to save my sanity? I just thought of something I have not tried yet too, next time I'll just try turning off the command system with the off button to the right of the jog control. That would work I'd think, lol. Wow good thing I did this post, got me thinking about it a little bit more.

KingScrubs 03-06-2019 10:12 PM

What I do is that there's a button in the centre console which you can press which disables the sensors. I just press it when I am in the car wash and press it again when I get out.

This is a google image of an E class center console but its essentially the button I drew a square around
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...8eaff43d74.png

2012 merc amg 03-06-2019 10:54 PM

Thought I tried that one the other day and it did nothing? I'll try it again next time I go though and if not I'll turn off the command and see what happens.

rustybear3 03-07-2019 02:52 AM

Do you put your CAB through the car wash as well? Is it a laser touch less wash?

2012 merc amg 03-07-2019 09:54 PM

With the Cab I've hardly washed it, it was at the dealer twice, once for the center console replacement and then just a couple weeks ago for the tire repair and each time they washed it and vacuumed it out. I did take it through a laser touchless car wash once. I don't think I'd take it through one of those car washes with the rolling brushes, although I guess benz says that you can as the top is pretty tough.

rustybear3 03-07-2019 10:07 PM

I haven't taken the CAB through a touchless car wash yet....was a little worried about leakage, due to the high pressure of the jets. Also, there have been threads that warn about the harsh chemicals and how it might affect the top. That's why I asked if you did without problems.

2012 merc amg 03-07-2019 11:48 PM

No issues, seems tight. A touchless carwash should be no problem.

Egonvdv 03-08-2019 09:53 AM

funny; I have that button next to the light switch

vic viper 03-09-2019 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by Egonvdv (Post 7700351)
funny; I have that button next to the light switch

Depends on the amout of options, generally the switch is located to the left if you have Airmatic

E300-18 03-10-2019 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by KingScrubs (Post 7699245)
What I do is that there's a button in the centre console which you can press which disables the sensors. I just press it when I am in the car wash and press it again when I get out.

This is a google image of an E class center console but its essentially the button I drew a square around
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...8eaff43d74.png

You are awesome! The service guy at my Mercedes dealership said there is nothing I can do about it. I just tried it out this evening, and it works perfectly.

The quiet cabin was a major factor for me to pay the money for this car, and I really appreciate getting rid of the alarms in the car wash.

2012 merc amg 03-10-2019 09:30 PM

Yep I tried it tonight too, works like a charm. Thanks a lot, I'm in the car wash around twice a week and its nice to have silence now.

rustybear3 03-11-2019 06:50 AM

Also, don't forget to enable the valet mode in your glove compartment to prevent the trunk auto access from going off accidentally from the "under carriage" car wash sprays. Could make for a wet trunk.

2012 merc amg 03-11-2019 08:23 AM

Never had that happen. Guess I’ve been lucky.

Sunnie Lynne 04-03-2021 03:00 PM

Idea

Maybe on the next model 2023 they will make a button that says car wash and it will handle everything we need to do before getting car washed... mirrors in, sensors off, Valet Trunk Option. Anyhow thanks for the advice on turning sensors off. I have a 3 year old and taking her to the car wash has been traumatic in the past because of all the noise!

murman 04-04-2021 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Sunnie Lynne (Post 8307296)
Maybe on the next model 2023 they will make a button that says car wash and it will handle everything we need to do before getting car washed... mirrors in, sensors off, Valet Trunk Option. Anyhow thanks for the advice on turning sensors off. I have a 3 year old and taking her to the car wash has been traumatic in the past because of all the noise!

I saw a youtube review for a car recently that had exactly that function, a one-button car wash setting. Sorry, but I can't remember what brand it was.