MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W213) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213-208/)
-   -   More defects than I would have thought.... (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213/738105-more-defects-than-i-would-have-thought.html)

sackboydad 03-09-2019 08:10 AM

More defects than I would have thought....

Now I’m on my fourth defect on my E450 cab...

1. Aux battery had a fault that lit the warning light. Apparently fixed with software?
2. Right passenger window not secured all the way and visibly moved when touched. Fixed.
3. A moaning/whining noise whenever the ABC airbags are filling.
4. Now, the passenger Air Scarf has failed. You turn it on, the lights light up. A few seconds later, the fan comes on and about 3 seconds after that, the fan cuts off and the lights turn off.

Is it me or is number of defects higher than one would expect? I know they’ll give me a loaner, but it won’t be a Cab 😩

ygmn 03-09-2019 12:18 PM

To me, One Fault is too many issues for the price of purchasing an MB.

sackboydad 03-09-2019 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by ygmn (Post 7701185)
To me, One Fault is too many issues for the price of purchasing an MB.

my thoughts, exactly

jl199986 03-09-2019 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by sackboydad (Post 7701024)
3. A moaning/whining noise whenever the ABC airbags are filling.

Did they resolve this? I think I hear this in my wagon with the rear air leveling. Faint, almost like a power steering moan. Usually shortly after starting up, like at the end of my driveway, or end of the street. Still, unacceptable for a MB. Did they correct it at all?

sackboydad 03-09-2019 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by jl199986 (Post 7701348)
Did they resolve this? I think I hear this in my wagon with the rear air leveling. Faint, almost like a power steering moan. Usually shortly after starting up, like at the end of my driveway, or end of the street. Still, unacceptable for a MB. Did they correct it at all?

i haven’t taken it in for this yet. It was just annoying so I didn’t want to give up my car while they figured it out. Now that I’ve got to take it in for the defective air scarf, I’ll have them look at it. I’ve done a bunch of tests and I’m 99% sure it happens when the struts are inflating.

I wonder how much they’re supposed to inflate. I’ll be sitting in C mode and I’ll hear the noise at a stop light. Why is a strut filling when I hadn’t lowered then raised the car? Since the car will likely be in the stirrups I’ll ask them to do whatever test to see if the struts are holding their air properly

jl199986 03-09-2019 09:21 PM

My wagon just has the auto leveling in the rear. So its not controlled by the operator. Do you get the same sound when you raise the car?

rbrylaw 03-10-2019 03:46 PM

I'm sorry to see you've had these issues. The only thing that was an issue on my car was the driver door window came with a chip in the glass and it took a month for them to get a replacement window from Germany. It did take a month for them to get me connected to Me Connect. Our E400 has had zero issues. Hopefully, this will be the end of issues for you.