MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W213) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213-208/)
-   -   Valet Mode (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213/738287-valet-mode.html)

TugboatBill 03-11-2019 10:59 AM

Valet Mode

Can someone explain what valet mode does? I'd read the manual but my E450 wagon won't be in production until April. ;)

Egonvdv 03-11-2019 11:56 AM

it's a switch in glovebox that prevents key from opening trunk.
next you close glovebox with your key and presto: nobody can open the trunk & see the bodies.

2012 merc amg 03-11-2019 03:33 PM

I can’t find the valet switch in my wagon. Not in the glove box. It is in the glovebox in my Cabriolet. It might be the button on the drivers door with the red light ahead of the power window buttons? At first I thought that was a window lockout but all the windows go up and down with their buttons when this mystery switch is lit up. Must be the valet switch.

TugboatBill 03-11-2019 03:47 PM

So all it does is lock the trunk (rear hatch for the wagon)? Lets see, what would make sense for valet mode to do?
1. Limit top speed.
2. Prevent changes to the umpteen jillion settings you don't want someone messing with.
3. Prevent some meth head valet from turning your radio to KRAP radio and turning it up to 13.
4. Limit acceleration.
5. Lock out sport, sport+, and race modes.
6. Probably a dozen other things they shouldn't be doing.

Lock the trunk? How would that be on any use? In a wagon you want to get in the back just crawl there. IDK about a sedan, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if you couldn't access the trunk through the rear seats.

Wilturner 03-11-2019 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7702794)
I can’t find the valet switch in my wagon. Not in the glove box. It is in the glovebox in my Cabriolet. It might be the button on the drivers door with the red light ahead of the power window buttons? At first I thought that was a window lockout but all the windows go up and down with their buttons when this mystery switch is lit up. Must be the valet switch.

I'm pretty sure wagons don't have valet mode because they could crawl over the seat, locking the ability to open the hatch doesn't really service a purpose.

Egonvdv 03-11-2019 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7702794)

YOU can roll down the windows when the red light is on, but not your passengers.

btw; I also do not have valet in my sedan..

2012 merc amg 03-11-2019 04:23 PM

I can still roll down all the windows from
that door with the red light on and the lock unlock button works too on all doors. Like I said this is a mystery button.
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...8781fa344d.jpg

TugboatBill 03-11-2019 04:24 PM

By the symbol one would think it locks the windows up/down function. Maybe just the rears?

Wilturner 03-11-2019 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7702836)
I can still roll down all the windows from
that door with the red light on and the lock unlock button works too on all doors. Like I said this is a mystery button.
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...8781fa344d.jpg

It locks the ability for the windows to be rolled down by the rear seat passengers.

2012 merc amg 03-11-2019 04:42 PM

Aww just rear seat. Front pass still works. Was hoping for a valet switch. I really want to disable the rear hatch access by kicking under. I constantly have the hatch come down on my head.

Wade3350 03-11-2019 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by TugboatBill (Post 7702810)
So all it does is lock the trunk (rear hatch for the wagon)? Lets see, what would make sense for valet mode to do?
1. Limit top speed.
2. Prevent changes to the umpteen jillion settings you don't want someone messing with.
3. Prevent some meth head valet from turning your radio to KRAP radio and turning it up to 13.
4. Limit acceleration.
5. Lock out sport, sport+, and race modes.
6. Probably a dozen other things they shouldn't be doing.

Lock the trunk? How would that be on any use? In a wagon you want to get in the back just crawl there. IDK about a sedan, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if you couldn't access the trunk through the rear seats.

I agree, Bill! I say umpteen buh-jillion. LOL.

TugboatBill 03-11-2019 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7702848)
Aww just rear seat. Front pass still works. Was hoping for a valet switch. I really want to disable the rear hatch access by kicking under. I constantly have the hatch come down on my head.

Since the wagon (apparently) doesn't have valet mode could you disable the kick under feature semi permanently? If there's nothing in the menus maybe some duct tape over the sensor?

2012 merc amg 03-11-2019 05:48 PM

[QUOTE=TugboatBill;7702865]Since the wagon (apparently) doesn't have valet mode could you disable the kick under feature semi permanently? If there's nothing in the menus maybe some duct tape over the sensor?[/QUOTE

Apparently not duct tape, it works off the bumper distance sensors so if you messed with those you'd get a light on the dash and knowing my luck I'd back into something and be kicking myself I disabled those sensors. So no simple way around it, wish there was.

TugboatBill 03-11-2019 05:50 PM

Yeah, that wouldn't be worth the damage risk. Looks like you'll have to start wearing a helmet. ;)

2012 merc amg 03-11-2019 07:55 PM

Maybe so, :) I wish it were as simple as just pulling a fuse or something.

JDPEClassUK 03-12-2019 04:21 AM

I have Valet Mode on Mercedes Me that allows me to set remotely. This notifies me if car is switched on, moved, involved in a collision and I can limit (through Geo-fence) where the car is. Mine is a 2019 MY Estate. Tried it and it works fine (I assumed the role of a valet to test it).

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...d0c6f2e00.jpeg

2012 merc amg 03-12-2019 07:00 AM

That’s right too. I forgot about valet mode in Mercedes me. I’ll have to put on my tux and red bow tie and test it out. Have yet to try it yet.