MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W213) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213-208/)
-   -   Some Technology Questions (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213/739268-some-technology-questions.html)

chasesunny 03-21-2019 11:06 AM

Some Technology Questions

Still learning and struggling with some quirks. Would appreciate any help:

a. How do I immediately mute the stereo as soon as I get in the car - Many times m on a conf call, radio/ media comes on and it takes quite a few seconds for "mute" to go into effect. Never seen that on any other car before.
b. Voice search on songs - Seems like if I voice search, that is the only song that keeps getting repeated. Is that normal behavior or should the system move to the next/ other song in the library.
c. Easy Entry/ Exit - Whether I choose "Steering only" or "Steering and Seats", seats don't seem to do anything. Are they supposed to?
d. Speed Limits on Maps - If possible, how do I get the maps to show speed limits of the current street I am on?
e. Is anyone seeing "SmartHome" integration on their Android phone - I can see it on iPhone, but not my Galaxy Note 9.
f. Quite often, when I scrolling thru my music library, I inadvertently end up selecting a track by accidental tap on the touchpad. Any suggestions if you have experienced this. Scroll wheel is fastest to scroll, which is why I use it more.

Thought I might ask before a dealer visit. Many thanks in advance

Egonvdv 03-21-2019 11:15 AM

A - i can do this immediately without problems
B - i think indeed i gets stuck on that 1 song, but I have to test to be sure
C - I don't have the 2 options (only steering wheel) . is your seat maybe already pretty far back when driving?
D - I in the gps menu (or settings) there's a setting to display speed limits
E - …..
F - common problem - But you can switch off the touchpad under settings

sackboydad 03-21-2019 12:24 PM

1. I have the same issue. It appears that COMAND has some background tasks that are taking all its attention for 30 -45 seconds after start. I’ve just got used to manually dialing the volume to 0 then bringing it back up later.

I wish MB would allow me to turn off the radio or media (anything that plays over the speakers). Even my old ford had that. In my opinion, the power button is useless as it turns the entire COMAND system off (including the right screen). Why would I ever want to do that?

joshg1001 03-21-2019 12:30 PM

I find that while the mute button (pushing down on the scroll wheel) might take some time to activate, usually the COMAND is pretty fast at responding to lowering the volume to 0 through the scroll wheel itself when starting up

Tirgoman 03-21-2019 12:34 PM

Have a 2019 C43 Sedan, pressing down on the scroll wheel on the console or on the steering wheel scroll wheel will MUTE the audio at any time.

2thfxr 03-21-2019 12:43 PM

Seats do not move back automatically, MB probably afraid they will crush back seat feet. I set #3 seat memory with desired backward movement and use that when I park.

ua549 03-21-2019 12:59 PM

The mute button works perfectly for me. I leave COMAND on HD radio. Perhaps COMAND is busy opening media or satellite that can take more time.

50thae 03-21-2019 02:33 PM

The Easy Entry/Exit on my 2019 E450 has a seat limit. If I set my seat past the backward limit, then only the steering wheel moves upon exit. If I move the seat up closer, then both steering wheel and seat move upon exit. Must be a safety thing.

Egonvdv 03-21-2019 03:53 PM

B: yes song goes into loop

madtrader 03-21-2019 10:56 PM

A: is a quirk I noticed recently too, for the same reason, a conference call. Additionally, the mute button presses queue so depending how many times you hit the button, when they actually process you may or may not end up with sound. The volume controls are your friend. I try to remember to mute before shutting off.

chasesunny 03-21-2019 11:12 PM

Thanks for the responses guys. Went to the dealer today. They did not know what to do, infact had no idea that some things I asked even existed. They gave me a guys number - supposedly their tech guru. He was busy and frankly I did not have an appointment today.
Based on the responses here, seems like I have to live with it. I hope I can update/ retrofit MBUX because based on everything I have read/ watched, it is much better underlying software. If I cant, we'll see what the market has to offer then.

Sincerely appreciate all ya'lls help.

2012 merc amg 03-21-2019 11:56 PM

Won’t be able to upgrade to mbux that is a different setup with a touchscreen which some people including myself are not all that fond of. I think the tech is pretty good in this car. With the volume just make sure not to leave it cranked up when you get out of the car It will be at the same level your next drive. With your music might be best off putting it on memory sticks and plugging them into usb. Depending on what mode you are in you can have music play randomly or in sequence as on the flash drive after said selected song in your song search.

chasesunny 03-22-2019 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7711764)
Won’t be able to upgrade to mbux that is a different setup with a touchscreen which some people including myself are not all that fond of. I think the tech is pretty good in this car. With the volume just make sure not to leave it cranked up when you get out of the car It will be at the same level your next drive. With your music might be best off putting it on memory sticks and plugging them into usb. Depending on what mode you are in you can have music play randomly or in sequence as on the flash drive after said selected song in your song search.

I am set up via a microSd and an old iPod. Will try the USB stick as well. Thank you!

sackboydad 03-22-2019 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg (Post 7711764)

im going through a frustrating issue. I’ve been beta testing iOS 12.2 for the last 8 weeks. Since the first version came out, every single time you change tracks, the volume in the car changes back to the volume level that the phone was at when you started the car. So if you’ve adjust the volume lower, the next track comes on it all of a sudden jump to another volume level. The “Entertainment Volume” pop up comes up and all.

im hoping this is just some kind of beta thing. iOS 12.2 will likely be released to the public Tuesday or Wednesday next week. Guess we will see

ua549 03-22-2019 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by chasesunny (Post 7712074)
I am set up via a microSd and an old iPod. Will try the USB stick as well. Thank you!

There are microSD to SD adapters readily available. Every microSD cad I buy has an adapter with it. I like using it because it doesn't intrude into the console box.